Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
The Boathouse Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 51 52 53 54 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mellow Magpie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:31 pm

User Image

User Image
Charlotte ❖ Victus ❖ Claremont❖
User Image

Charlotte pressed the tips of her index and middle finger to her forehead. Remind herself, furiously that she should remember from now on that Nott had not grown up around muggle terms. She had made the remake off hand and though she was proud of the thought. It would be a very handy incantation, she needed to remember that wizards never had such a thing cross their minds. Like creating magical versions of cellphones or some such, she thought walking forward with the rest, leaving Xander to explain escalators to Nott. thankful for all the silly there is in this world there are rational people.

As she moved forward with the other students, she listen absentmindedly to others around them. She was certain that the school day tomorrow was bound to be interesting. So many of her future classmates were already taking the air, she thought she would have. Spilling out fact, after fact from an arsenal of knowledge either grounded in books, facts, or simple dramatic ideas. Strange how a few conversations can change a person...and Merlin, I couldn't be happier about it.

"So any guesses on how long it will take us to drag ourselves up all these stairs?," she asked as she stopped close by the Professor. "Oh and Nott, you never did tell me what I wanted to know about the article."

User Image
Current First Year
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:49 pm
User Image
Malady watched as the three people in front of her turned away as a unit. She glared at their backs before a flush of hurt tinted her cheeks.
She had been verbally abused; she had been physically abused; but she had never been ignored and disregarded. She pursed her lips, turning away with her nose in the air, and imagined very painful scenarios for her three affronters.

Lupus et lux lunaris

4,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200

Garden of Wisteria

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:55 pm
User Image

Nott scrunched his forehead as he tried to imagine the moving staircase that Alexander was explaining but somehow that didn't sound like it would be any easier to walk up. Imagine, trying to climb stairs that were shifting around. He was actually familiar with the 'elevator'. He had went with his father once to London to visit the Ministry of Magic to apply for a permit or license. It was an odd but handy contraption.

However, the term 'mall' was new to him. But evidently it was where they kept these 'ezkalater's. He nodded along, still confused but deciding that some things would have to wait until Muggle Studies for him to truly understand. Also showing how useful that class would be. Growing up in an all-wizard community and never really venturing out of that, he thought that he had a leg up on some of his classmates that were totally unfamiliar with the world. Perhaps true.

But it was equally clear that the Muggle world did, and most likely always would, intersect with the wizarding community. It made sense that one should have proper knowledge of it. His father wouldn't be happy about it, but really it wasn't his father's decision. It was his decision.

Looking back to Charlotte to answer her question he only grinning for a moment. "Come now, Lottie. What need would I have for waking you up in the dead of the night? Entertainment value, purely. I'm assuming of course. Perhaps he was just trying to teach them all to be light sleepers. Or perhaps the sound helped him drift off at night. Who knows. But if I had to guess, I'd be saying just for fun. I know that you spend a lot of time with your nose in books, but I have seen enough of you to know that you know how to have a good time on occasion."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:00 pm
Mariella Cross

She grinned at Malcolm and then when the boats stopped.
"Oh, poofer." She whispered under her breath. "Mind helping me out please?" She bat her eyelashes as charmingly as possible "I'd really, really dislike getting wet again." She grinned at him. "Oh, and... what's your full name by the way? I'm Cross, Mariella Cross." She grinned wondering if they would stand close to each other while getting sorted.

Alex Teaflower

3,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

lightdanger

Beloved Werewolf

8,725 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:03 pm
Moshe Yitzchaki
User Image

Moshe wasn't sure how it happened but as he walked into someone. It was a girl, one of the girls that had been in the group arguing about something or another. She seemed annoyed about something, or hurt. It was hard to tell. "Oh sorry about that. I wasn't looking were I was going. Are you okay?" There was defiantly some hurt in her eyes.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:19 pm
User Image
Malady was comforting her ego when suddenly she was knocked into. The boy apoligized and asked if she was alright, though, Malady had the feeling it wasn't her physical health he was asking after. Surprised, by this concern, she stared at him, unsure. People always ask how I am, she chided, it doesn't mean they actually care. Stoic expression back in place she answered, "I'm fine."  

Lupus et lux lunaris

4,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200

lightdanger

Beloved Werewolf

8,725 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:25 pm
Moshe Yitzchaki
User Image

Moshe hesitated. There was still something, he just couldn't quite put his finger on it. Finally he said, very slowly, for his benefit. "Well if your sure... My name is Moshe. I guess we are going to be in the same year here." He wasn't sure if that was the right to take this. He had't really talked to girls much, since his school had been all boy back when he was at Yeshiva. He rubbed the back of his head in an embarrassed sort of way, his hand on his kippah.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:31 pm
Tyler Dean

First Year ---------

User Image

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Tyler looked at Kaera and Ryn "People like that annoy me to no end" he smiled "Today most definitely has been full, made two friends and maybe an enemy, and it's only the first day here, best part it's not over yet" He pulled out his wand and twirled it in his fingers

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Mellow Magpie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:33 pm

User Image

User Image
Charlotte ❖ Victus ❖ Claremont❖
User Image

It was madness, Charlotte was sure of it. All the chatter was craziness, but it wasn't that. It was the wait. Waiting there in a mess of a queue, she tired once again to figure out the point of this exercise seemed pointless. Why can't we get moving. I'm about to explode from excitement and starve at the same time, she thought bouncing slightly on the balls of her feet.

At Nott's words she glanced back at him. He appeared to have no more questions on muggle world technology. He's statement however made her shook her head slowly as she said, "Sure I can enjoy a good time, but I also enjoy a good nights sleep. It seems counter intuitive to wake everyone in the middle of the night. If you yourself are eager for sleep...Then again, people do silly things all the time. Just look at yourself...blast tea all over the place. So silly."

Smirking back at him over her shoulder, she tired to contain her chuckle.

User Image
Current First Year
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:47 pm
User Image
User Image

Ryn laughed listening to Tyler. "Well does seem like a today will never end." I hope we don't have to wait to much longer thought Ryn, she was getting pretty hungry.

User Image  

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:53 pm
Tyler Dean

First Year ---------

User Image

Tyler nodded "I can't wait till after the sorting. There's supposed to be a huge feast, and I'm hungry" He pulled out a pack of licorice wands and two chocolate frogs. "Want some I got it on the train from that trolley"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:55 pm
User Image
The boy, not giving up, introduced himself as Moshe and tried to intiate small talk. Malady stared at him intensely, until he rubbed the back of his head as if he were embarassed. Then she quirked her eyebrow consideringly. " Yes, obviously we're going to be in the same year..." she paused, realizing how stand-offish she sounded. " And I'm Malady," she added lamely. Her confidence was still suffering. It wasn't that she didn't mean to rude, it was just that it wasn't logical to be so (before she had any reinforcements (i.e. friends)).  

Lupus et lux lunaris

4,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200

lightdanger

Beloved Werewolf

8,725 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:10 pm
Moshe Yitzchaki
User Image

Moshe nodded. He knew he must sound really stupid right about now. Her stare made him even more uncomfortable. "Well it's ah... nice to meet you Malady. I guess I will see you in class." Many of the students had already gone in to the castle. He didn't want to be rude Moshe had become really shy again and it was making him feel uneasy standing there talking to Malady. Lyra had not been much better and Alys had come when he had been talking to William. Moshe wished he had run into William rather then Malady. Not for any reason other then it would have been another guy. Moshe began to make his way up the stairs into the castle.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:11 pm
User ImageUser Image

Kaera shook her head, "no thanks. I'm too excited to eat right now," she giggled. "Thanks though!"

User Image  

Rechosia

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:15 pm
User Image
User Image

As Tyler held out the food, Ryn's tummy grumbled. embarrassed she blushed. "Well if you don't mind, can I have a chocolate frog?" asked Ryn, she was need starvation at this point.

User Image  
The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 51 52 53 54 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces