Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply General Debate Forum
The Arabic Revolt! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Revolt or peace?
  VIVA LA REVOLUTION!!!
  peace solves everything, give them some time to change.
View Results

em0_kid malaysia

5,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:13 am
of course peace is good but the people should not close their eye when things are going wrong that is why revolt are better at least they have some iniciative,moreover other non-muslim country do the same thing too and it seem to be best way.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:25 pm
Woot, Mubarak stepped down.  

Silver Nephil

The_Pathan
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:59 am
yaaa biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:58 am
I don't like the looks of this... They need a secular democracy, not a theocracy.  

Lysander the silent

3,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

aishakassam

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:15 am
The_Pathan
Salam, what do you think about the arabic revolt of Tunisia, Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Israel, ect.

Should the great monarchy of Jordan and Saudi arabia die?
Should the old(very old) dictators ruling for more than 30 years, fall down?
Or should we maintain peace?

Share ur views?

________

My view: Arabic countries like Tunisia has gone astray, banning the wear of hijaab with population of a muslim majority.

Countries like Jordan, Syria, Egypt, have been cowards infront of Israel, not doing anything.

Saudi Arabia is kissing USA's a**. Sending their oil and money to western world with low-gain.

What do you think?

Im Going Saudi Arabia This Year And Im A Muslim biggrin In 4 Months Im going smile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:04 pm
Lysander the silent
I don't like the looks of this... They need a secular democracy, not a theocracy.

Aren't they getting ready to make democratic elections, with the military only holding temporary power until those are finished being set up?  

Silver Nephil

Lysander the silent

3,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:41 pm
Silver Nephil
Lysander the silent

Aren't they getting ready to make democratic elections, with the military only holding temporary power until those are finished being set up?
That's not secular democracy. Secular democracy is rule of law, not any religious law. A theocracy can be democratic.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:21 am
My main worry when it comes to revolts are whether or not the new government is truly democratic and who gets into power. The people may feel like they have won, but then they may find that the person power only took advantage of situation. neutral  

kris-nun

Cora Merle Seraph

10,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:39 pm
hikari_u7
The_Pathan
Salam, what do you think about the arabic revolt of Tunisia, Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Israel, ect.

Share ur views?

________

My view: Arabic conutries like Tunisia has gone astray, banning the wear of hijaab.

Countries like Jordan, Syria, Egypt, have been cowards infront of Israel, not doing anything.

Saudi Arabia is kissing USA's a**.

What do you think?

salam. im new here.
but i agree with u, Jordan, Syria, Egypt, have been cowards infront of Israel, not doing anything.
we can't let our brother in islam's country destroyed like that. stressed
the problem isn't so much israel in general so much as zionist and those that support them

that said I feel the US (where I live) is full of it when it says it is fighting a war on terrorism but it ignores zionism (aka extremist jews) and allow unchecked captalism based terrorism that lead to the great depression and the current recession  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:42 pm
The_Pathan
Celestial_Mana
I support it I guess. From what little I know, the dictators were put in by others, such as the U.S. because the U.S. benefited from having the dictators in power. I think that is wrong. The people have a voice and they want change. neutral

Very true. smile

It makes me annoyed sometimes how the muslim countries are doing. The only country which I believe to be as it should is Iran, a humble, trustworty, a and intelligent leader.

People saying they will do things, but do nothing ain't good leaders. People who come to power without real efforts ain't good leaders either.

Now Tunisia who banned hijaab will inshallah have a more islamic leader, and Egypt may have more courage against their enemies. smile

I just want to share these points, and hear from u. Anyone here who actually live in the region??? They know a lot about it.
the same is true of america relation to many hispanic countries esp. in central america (region between the continents of North and South America). They put in people that forced the natives out with extremism and disrespect then they wonder why people want to come to the US by any means possible (also many of said tyrant countries won't give citizens permission to move to other countries which is f up)  

Cora Merle Seraph

10,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Cora Merle Seraph

10,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:44 pm
The_Pathan
Nasra, some monarchy been ruling many hundred years, and in Egypt the leader is almost dying, he is so old, and he been president 30 years in a row.

Still didn't do anything.

Will you let them control arabia? will u let them kill people?

I had a egyptian friend, name is Hesham. He didn't go to mosque even though it's farz for a male if he hears Adhan to go.

He says "My mom wont let me go, cause my brother went to mosque and the police said he was a terrorist, he is in prison now because he went to a Mosque(masjid)." He also said the leader is good, but his politicians are hiding everything from him. And he is blind. Soo??? I think they need a revolution.

French revolution: VIVA LA REVOLUTION "we are the revolution"
Napoleon Bonaparte(he tock the power): "NO!! I AM THE REVOLUTION!"

We need better leaders. =)

amen to that to mnay "leaders" now a days our just monkeys in the middle of governement  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:51 pm
Celestial_Mana
InsanityIsReality
Salaam Everyone,
When I saw this topic I just had to post as well.
To be honest I think it is awesome that some of the arab countries people are finally revoluting against the goverment. However if you look at it out of all the countries only 3 actually atempted to revolt. Tunisia, which so far seems successful, Albaina which didn't work out, and Egypt and as you can see it is getting worse by the minute. You either have an old stubbron b*****d in the goverment who doesn't give a crap and will let the people die just so he can stay in power (I mean even with all the protests and killings even of some of the egyptian political leaders Mubarak is still refusing to step down) or you have a coward who will ditch the minute violence agianst him breaks out (which waht happened with tunisia)
But come on reality check, 80% of the egyption population is in poverty you really think their leader will listen to them? Not really, although the world is supporting egypt and protesting as well (like we did today here in canada). As long as he will keep his position and america is on his side or do nothing then he will let them all protest until they cant do anymore..which is sad really
Also if you look at other countries they are not going to risk it..libya for example their leader has been in power longer than Mubarak has been and no one bothered to stand up against him after all thats happened in tunisia and egypt..
Also it is a given fact that all arab political leaders are little doggies to the US goverment, for crying out loud more than 50&#xof; their country is in poverty and all they care about is money and not loosing their position.
I unfortunately have to agree with you. There seems to be corruption everywhere. Big businesses in America are the same way. It's all about the money, not the people. You'd hope things would change in favor of the people, but chances are they won't.....Sometimes they do, but usually it involves a lot of lost lives....which is why it doesn't happen that often. neutral
so true

In the state of Virginia I cannot prusue the basic human right of education, religion, and a job I can only have a job due to loop holes in state laws. The poisoned icing on the cake through is if I was a criminal going to jail or prison rather then a college student or house of worship attendee I would get aid (such as unemployment benefits). Ex. So the government of Virginia prefers I go to jail for destroying my mind by using illegal drugs and molesting children rather then going to college to better my mind and learn how to teach children. Then gentleman that is normally the imam at the mosuq I attend on fridays new job stop letting him have friday's off. Which is a violation of freedom of religion but since it is a job in VA he is subject to right to work laws which means the only right he has is to quit pretty much.  

Cora Merle Seraph

10,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Cora Merle Seraph

10,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:59 pm
Silver Nephil
The_Pathan

Share ur views?

________

My view: Arabic countries like Tunisia has gone astray, banning the wear of hijaab with population of a muslim majority.

Saudi Arabia is kissing USA's a**. Sending their oil and money to western world with low-gain.

What do you think?

If the people in countries like Tunisia and Egypt want a democracy, let them have it. Maybe they'll install someone in power who'll actually listen to the majority, which is mostly people living in poverty, and get them some stability enough so they can actually rise in their standard of living instead of just subsisting somehow on $2 a day.

If women want to wear hijaab or don't, it's their issue. If they want to, more power to 'em. If they don't, hey, it's their choice too. It's an entirely straight line in that argument: woman's body--it's the body of the woman--woman decides what to do with it and what to put on it, end of discussion.

Israel should do something about the Palestinians. Give them land. Let them govern themselves, that's how I see it. They've been putzing around with that issue for too long. Give the people their land back and then decide what the hell they should do about Jerusalem later, since that seems to be a hot button issue too. If they cut the damned section of land on the map in two somehow and then have some third party decide what the hell to do with that city, that'd work great.

I'd think the US is kissing the Middle East's a** more than anything. Americans consume a helluva lot of oil, among other things. America's swimming in the red right now as it is, though, moneywise.

Also, Pathan, "Vive la Revolucion" is "Long live the Revolution," not "We are the Revolution."
on the subject of covering amen to that makes me think of this piece of mines LINK  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:01 pm
Call Me Apple
Monarchies are useless.
I will say this about them "better the enemy you know then the enmey you don't" is a big reason some people of some countries tolerate long standing leaders and tyrants. NOTE I am not saying I disagree or agree with you I am just sharing a thought that came to mind in response to seeing your post.  

Cora Merle Seraph

10,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Cora Merle Seraph

10,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:21 pm
Lysander the silent
The_Pathan
Yes the son fled to England, but I think it's kind of sad, why don't they just kill the president instead of giving him pain?

It's horrible to rule so long, and to fail. He said that in his speech, and that he would not leave. So I guess death is the only option.

10 days? French revolution went for yeaaars.

No, death is NOT the only option. Trust me on this one, you DO NOT want to see this turn out like the event that started World War I, it will mot be pretty at all. Ritual suicide, now that's a different thing, but assasination will just destabilize the entire country and the preverbial infection continues to spread to other countries. Sure, things will change, but I have a bad feeling this change will not be for the greater good.

pax vobiscum,
Lysander
Ahh I remember that about WWI. With some like the leadership of a country or any large group for that manner it is better to have a gradual process of change of leadership then such a sudden one like assassination would produce. Make me think of the saying "better the enemy I know." Anyhow assassination create a whirlpoolor black hole like void of leadership sucking in all the crazies and power hungry ego maniacs together which is never a good thing as the common and sane are those that suffer the most in the long run.  
General Debate Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff