Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims 2
Official Cheat Code Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Misstress Nera Crimsona

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:00 pm
Lady Vina
Thank you to AnnoyingEvil1 for all of this information on the boolProp testing cheat:

USE THIS CHEAT AT YOUR OWN RISK!
boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true

Many people are wondering about this cheat that everyone is talking about and some want to know if it is safe to use, some want to know the stuff it does and some just want to know how to type it in!! Well here's a sort of player's guide to the cheat... or more like a FAQ. Call it whatever you want but here it is.

Whats up with this cheat?
boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true is a very powerfull cheat and it enables many new things.
For CAS: After enabling the cheat in the neighborhood, load CAS and go into debugmode by pressing "Shift+N" before making a sim. Then you have the following new things in CAS; new skintones, new clothings and some other options like viewing the skinfilenames.
In game: After entering this cheat, press Shift while left-clicking on a sim to have lots of new options like changing clothes, make your sim fat or thin, set aspiration level, etc, etc. This cheat can also spawn some interesting items like the tombstone of L(ife) and D(eath) that has many options like spawning new family members. We'll get on how to do this next.

How do I type it in??!?!?
First, open up the cheat console (the little window where you type the cheat in) by pressing Shift+Ctrl+C, then type in boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true. If you are trying to use the cheat in CAS (Create-A-Sim mode) I recommend that you type in the cheat while on Neighborhood View. Once CAS is loaded press Shift+N to enable the hidden content. Press Shift+M to disable the hidden items. You only need to do this in CAS. To use the cheat in normal gameplay just hold SHIFT and then click on an object or a sim, I'll explain this in detail later on.

Is this safe to use?
To a certain extent, yes it is safe but you should use some of the stuff it enables you to do at your own risk. There is no trouble when you use it in CAS because all you are doing is selecting clothes/hairstyles/skins/ect... The worst thing it can do if you missuse it out of CAS is crash your game. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) I've found out that the Save/Exit To Neighborhood/Quit buttons grey out when you try to kill a sim when you dont use the tombstone that lets you pick which type of death you want to die. This forces you to quit the game by CTRL+ALT+DELETE and you will lose any gamedata you had not saved. When you SHIFT and CLICK on an object you might get a "Force Error" choice in the pie menu. I would recommend not to select it since it does just what it says; forces the item to create an error. I've clicked it and it pops up a blue window giving you 3 choices; Cancel, Reset and Delete. "Cancel" seems to do nothing and just causes the window to pop-up again. "Reset" resets the item and the window will go away. "Delete" removes the item from the lot but might also delete the object file from the gamedata. To sum it all up, its safe to use in CAS and in MOST parts of normal gameplay but when it comes to "Force Error" just dont click it.

Interactions on the Selected Sim, other Sims, Visitors and NPCs:
When you SHIFT+CLICK on the Sim that has the Plumbob (Crystal Diamond thingy that floats over their head lol) or when you SHIFT+CLICK on any other Sim you will get a pie-menu full of stuff. Clicking "Spawn..." and then an option from the pie-menu will spawn objects that do special stuff. I wouldn't click on "Force Error", "Dump Happy Log" or "Kill..." because they will delete your Sim or cause your game to crash or gray out your Quit buttons.

The only thing the cheat screwed up on my computer is that it's slowed it down a little bit, the symbols for the memories and the occupation are gone and you can't see the grim reaper, only a cloud of grey smoke, his paper and scythe but it's nothing too chaotic, the games still functions properly  
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 2:59 am
Next time you play, check to see if the speech bubble images are garbled messes when a Sim talks about another Sim when they gossip. If they are then it's not the debug cheat that has caused this. It means your object.package game file has become corrupt.
Two known causes of this are if you save and exit a lot while a Sim is playing with a remote control car or if Mrs Crumplebottom gets bitten by a vampire.
The only way to fix this problem is to find the object.package file on your hard-drive and replace it with the one on the latest Sims CD you have. That, or a complete reinstall.

I know this because it happened to me before but if you have your game fully patched then this shouldn't have happened in the first place as both of these causes have been fixed in the patches.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 3:03 am
randomchild91
I'm a little skeptical about using the tombstone of L and D. If u click on one of the options like make toddler boy, exactly wat will it do? Just put some random kid on ur lot or will it actually look like the parents? confused

It will be a completely randomly generated Sim that will have no family ties with the family you already have. It will also have it's own first and last name.  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:30 pm
Lady Vina

I love this cheat. It allows me a freedom I'd never had in the other games. It's absolutely wonderful.  

Pocket Bunny Cupcakes

Pocket Bunny Cupcakes

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:33 pm
randomchild91
I'm a little skeptical about using the tombstone of L and D. If u click on one of the options like make toddler boy, exactly wat will it do? Just put some random kid on ur lot or will it actually look like the parents? confused

The tombstone of L & D is great for making yourself laugh. I impregnated a male sim with an alien baby once. (It's disturbing that male sims have maternity clothes too...) Oh, and I even managed to speed up his pregnancy so that he was with child, in the middle, and popping it out all within a few sim hours... It was kinda creepy. I shoulda recorded it...  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:09 pm
wow some great cheats here. i wonder if there are any for seasons.  

the naked pixie

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:50 am
Good point. There is new cheat with Seasons. I'll have to see about getting it added to the first post.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:36 am
forcetwins is actually a nightlife cheat.

I used it when I didn't have OFB and I had nightlife, and it actually works.  

Xlove_angelX

MizuBushi

1,900 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:10 am
sims 2 rule  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:30 am
Tell-Tale Heart
thatrockscaresme
i_love_it

I think that cheat destroyed my game!
D**:

Thread Explaining All

I have a feeling that that cheat caused it!

Mine did that, too. I think it is the cheat, but I think I fixed it. I just uninstalled the game (it gives you an option to delete all your families or not) and reinstalled it. Then it was fine, as far as I know.

I use that cheat all the time. My Sims aren't messed up. O_o  

Briannabo

Kasumi_Uzumaki_Chan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:33 pm
Heh. I've got a good tip for all you boolprop users who want Bella Goth back.

You go thru the usual routine of entering the cheat, ect. Click the mailbox & select "Add neighbor to family" & find Bella's name click it & bang, Bella's back with her family for the rest of the time your plaing with the goths.

Also when you get your sim pregnant and wants twins to come up right before they're due to give birth, press shift & click on the laboring sim then click until the force twins option cropps up & click, it should work if you've got Open for buissness & I forget what other expansions.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:16 am
User Image

gonk

I need help. I hope that I don't get in trouble for posting here.

@-@

I thought that there was a cheat that made it possible for you to have more than eight people live in a household, but I cannot for the life of me find it.

Help?
Is there even such a cheat, or am I just insane?

User Image  

xe brat prince

Questionable Genius

xe brat prince

Questionable Genius

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:17 am
Xlove_angelX
forcetwins is actually a nightlife cheat.

I used it when I didn't have OFB and I had nightlife, and it actually works.
User Image

Fail. You just got lucky.

3nodding

User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:08 am
-K a r l y Unique
User Image

gonk

I need help. I hope that I don't get in trouble for posting here.

@-@

I thought that there was a cheat that made it possible for you to have more than eight people live in a household, but I cannot for the life of me find it.

Help?
Is there even such a cheat, or am I just insane?

User Image

Yeah, there is a cheat for that, I think it's MaxNumOfVisitingSims <-typed like that. or something like it......I can't remember.

EDIT: forcetwins isn't a cheat that you type into the cheat box. You have to wait until the pregnant sim is going to give birth (w/o the cinematic) to click on them until it shows up in the options thing-a-ma-jig.  

Kasumi_Uzumaki_Chan

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:37 am
Kira_Kadeshi

Yeah, there is a cheat for that, I think it's MaxNumOfVisitingSims <-typed like that. or something like it......I can't remember.

EDIT: forcetwins isn't a cheat that you type into the cheat box. You have to wait until the pregnant sim is going to give birth (w/o the cinematic) to click on them until it shows up in the options thing-a-ma-jig.

You're wrong on both of these points.
MaxNumOfVisitingSims # alters the number of Sims you are allowed to invite to parties and the amount of townies that will appear on community lots. It has nothing to do with the amount of controllable Sims that can live in a house.
If you want more than 8 Sims in a house you will have to make them live in seperate houses to begin with and then use the boolProp cheat to move them into the family afterwards.

forcetwins IS a cheat that you type into the cheat box but is only effective when a Sim is pregnant. I also still standby the fact that it came with OfB.  
The Sims 2

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff