Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Proposal for using guild treasure-WE HAVE AN UPDATE!!!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How can we write this up...
...so he will actually do if for us?
100%
 100%  [ 63 ]
Total Votes : 63

Ebania

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:25 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I think it works for some places, depending on their aim. For example, I'm a vice captain of the Newbie Supporting and Training Guild, which seeks to be friendly and generous to newbies (and to older members, too!). We would much rather allot our resources to those newbies in the form of contest funds, random gifts, quest sponsorship, art and guide commissions, etc. than on a salary of sorts for our crew. We don't work for a paycheck because that's not our focus; we're a charity/resource-based organization, and the people on crew are volunteers who love helping others for free (and they do it without even so much as asking for compensation, because they're all amazing people).

Some guilds, however, have a different purpose; they're not any better or worse -- they're just different. The Gaia Wedding Chapel Inc. is a great example. Those crewmembers are paid for their services because it is their aim to profit from the (high-quality and wonderful) services that they offer to Gaians for a price. These people have to hire a hardworking, professional team priests/priestesses, photographers, event coordinators, secretaries, and various teams that work behind the scenes for their services because it is not their goal to be a nonprofit, charity/resource-based organization; it is their goal to make money, and they do it very well.

That being said, I think that the option could have its benefits for organizations like the GWCI. But it might not be the best idea for other guilds. I don't know if implementing this feature would serve as a catalyst in some places where crewmembers might demand higher pay for their efforts. It might make some crewmembers think about quitting (or, in an extreme case, quit and go somewhere else that does pay) because they feel as though their work is not appreciated unless they receive some sort of payment. Even though this would be closer to the way real life businesses work in a capitalistic society, I'm not sure if this is the best choice for a laid-back, friendly Gaians society in which guilds serve to improve our user experience.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:49 pm
Ebony the Peacian

I think it works for some places, depending on their aim. For example, I'm a vice captain of the Newbie Supporting and Training Guild, which seeks to be friendly and generous to newbies (and to older members, too!). We would much rather allot our resources to those newbies in the form of contest funds, random gifts, quest sponsorship, art and guide commissions, etc. than on a salary of sorts for our crew. We don't work for a paycheck because that's not our focus; we're a charity/resource-based organization, and the people on crew are volunteers who love helping others for free (and they do it without even so much as asking for compensation, because they're all amazing people).

Some guilds, however, have a different purpose; they're not any better or worse -- they're just different. The Gaia Wedding Chapel Inc. is a great example. Those crewmembers are paid for their services because it is their aim to profit from the (high-quality and wonderful) services that they offer to Gaians for a price. These people have to hire a hardworking, professional team priests/priestesses, photographers, event coordinators, secretaries, and various teams that work behind the scenes for their services because it is not their goal to be a nonprofit, charity/resource-based organization; it is their goal to make money, and they do it very well.

That being said, I think that the option could have its benefits for organizations like the GWCI. But it might not be the best idea for other guilds. I don't know if implementing this feature would serve as a catalyst in some places where crewmembers might demand higher pay for their efforts. It might make some crewmembers think about quitting (or, in an extreme case, quit and go somewhere else that does pay) because they feel as though their work is not appreciated unless they receive some sort of payment. Even though this would be closer to the way real life businesses work in a capitalistic society, I'm not sure if this is the best choice for a laid-back, friendly Gaians society in which guilds serve to improve our user experience.

Ahh, thank you, I understand it a lot better now. (I would have tipped you down in the forums!!! XD) I've always been around guilds where gold isn't a motivator, more just the concept of being with and around like minded people.

From what you've said here it seems like it would be a whole complicated kettle of fish that would cause more problems then it would solve.  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

Ebania

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:11 pm

Haha, you're welcome! heart

While I see how it would definitely benefit some -- it's what I would want if I ran the GWCI or another guild like it -- but I'm not sure if it's something that would benefit all guilds. Now, if we had a new branch of guilds (anime, art, breedables, etc.) under "services," and only allowed guilds classified under that category to implement this feature, do you guys think that would work?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:24 am
Sergeant Perks
I like the idea of a Guilds shop. Any thoughts on what NPC to make the one in charge of it? Leon? Bring back Flynn from space?

Naw, give Leon a Squire to run his guild shop! >D  

Oblat

Eloquent Man-Lover

10,775 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Cho Wan HalHabbet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:44 am
Actually I really like the idea of bringing Flynn back, though I would love to see it go to Meredith. I miss seeing more than just the avatar version of her.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:56 am
The concept of this thread is to brainstorm how the treasuries could be used, we keep track of the spending, who will use the funds. Please don't argue too much people and make veiled threats about quitting Gaia if some of these ideas are implemented.

We will come to a concensus and them submit them to Panagrammic.

I do have a couple of major programming problems that I foresee for the guild shop and for buying a guild house and that is --HOW IS THE GUILD GOING TO GET AN ACCOUNT? We all have accounts based on our IP / passwords / names. Guilds do have some sort of specific id's set to them, but do we all know what those are? I mean, can you see me or even Pilotslover going to the guild shop and saying we are THE GGN MODERATORS' GUILD and we want to make a purchase? We have to figure out how that will work before we submit that to Panagrammic. Once that is worked out, I will GLADLY submit it .
(edit- talked to another member of the guild who has computer expertise and says that it can be done)  

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

Sergeant Perks

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:29 pm
mamarita
The concept of this thread is to brainstorm how the treasuries could be used, we keep track of the spending, who will use the funds. Please don't argue too much people and make veiled threats about quitting Gaia if some of these ideas are implemented.

I do have a couple of major programming problems that I foresee for the guild shop and for buying a guild house and that is --HOW IS THE GUILD GOING TO GET AN ACCOUNT? We all have accounts based on our IP / passwords / names. Guilds do have some sort of specific id's set to them, but do we all know what those are? I mean, can you see me or even Pilotslover going to the guild shop and saying we are THE GGN MODERATORS' GUILD and we want to make a purchase? We have to figure out how that will work before we submit that to Panagrammic. Once that is worked out, I will GLADLY submit it .
(edit- talked to another member of the guild who has computer expertise and says that it can be done)

My suggestion is simple. Make the Guild Mules official. In every guild, there would be a special crew position, called Guild Mule. That account would have all the Vice Captain abilities, and the words Guild Mule showing under its name in the guild forums. And the mule's house would be the Guild house, and the mule's gold would be the guild's gold, and the mule could shop in the guild shop.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:34 pm
Sergeant Perks
mamarita

My suggestion is simple. Make the Guild Mules official. In every guild, there would be a special crew position, called Guild Mule. That account would have all the Vice Captain abilities, and the words Guild Mule showing under its name in the guild forums. And the mule's house would be the Guild house, and the mule's gold would be the guild's gold, and the mule could shop in the guild shop.

GENIUS  

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

Sergeant Perks

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:38 pm
mamarita
Sergeant Perks
mamarita

GENIUS

Haha, thanks. It does have one slight flaw: if both Captain and Vice Captains had access to the Guild Mule, then that would mean making sharing passwords an official part of Gaia, instead of something that should always be forbidden. But this could be solved by making it so that only the Captain has access to the Guild mule, and when the Captain has to be absent from Gaia, he or she could grant that access to one carefully chosen Vice Captain. Sharing passwords is something I already do on one of my mules, the Rob Anybody Feegle one whose petition is linked in my signature. I think a lot of guilds have more than one person who has access to the Guild Mule.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:32 am
Shizuki heart posted this on another Developer thread, but it belongs here:

Just dropping by..... xD i'm too old in gaia, but still hopes for the guild. Anyway, I have an idea, but it's rough. There are some things I might forget to include since this is all in my head and again, =/ some may be confusing to understand. Also there are some parts i'm including from one of my ideas in another post (which I kinda forgot where I posted) Also there might be some ideas that might be already mention. But anyway, not sure if i'll be back to re redit this post.....but yeah... Anyway, here we go~

Guild Shop
Guild Shop I Wrote:
Guild shop I: Can be viewed both moderators & members
>> Guild Shop Options
>>> Guild Theme
>>>> Color Boarders
>>>> Fonts

>>Market
>>> Guild Items
>>> Member selling goods
>>> Advertisement Lease

>> Donation
>>> Gold Donation
>>> Item Donation

Guild Shop II Wrote:
Guild Shop II (Only can be viewed by the guild moderators + added to Guild Shop I)
>>Guild Shop Options
>>> Guild Theme
>>>> Color Boarders
>>>> Fonts

>>> Guild Forums
>>>> Subforum Purchasing
>>>>> Purchase new Subforum
>>>>> Purchase new Sub-subforum

>>>> Clean Up
>>>>> Delete all Threads & Post within specific forum
>>>>> Delete all Thread & Post within the guild
>>>>> Delete subforum

>> Guild Market
>>> Guild Items (rare)
>>>

>> Guild Building
>>> Building type
>>> Interior
>>> Exterior
>>> Expansion

>> Guild Events
>>> Purchase Contest Event
>>>> Vs. Mode Bracket
>>>> Popularity Vote Bracket
>>>> Writing Contest

>>> Activity Events (inside guild buildings at towns)

Guild Inventory/Crew Panel Wrote:
Guild Inventory / Crew Panel
> Gold/ Points Inventory
>> Current Gold / Points
>> Donation Gold
>> Gold Budget

> Item Inventory
>> Donations
>> Item Inventory
>> Member’s Goods Control

> Application
>> Users
>>> Invite User
>>> Application Format
>>>Current Join Requests

>> Alliance / Advertisement
>>> Application Format
>>> Current Advertisement Request
>>>Advertisement control Panel

> Data Logs
>> Post Log
>>> Members
>>> Crew

>> Transaction Logs
>>> Joined & Promotions
>>>> Members Joined
>>>> Crew Promotions
>>>> Demoted / Leave Guild
>>> Shop Transaction
>>>> Gold Donations
>>>> Item Donations
>>>> Purchase of item w/in guild shop
>>>>> by members
>>>>> by crew

Explanations
Guild Shop I vs Guild Shop II
> Guild Shop I
Visible to: Members / Moderator / Non-member (only in certain areas)
Purchased w/: Gaia Gold
Purpose: To increase gold in the guild
Information:
>> For Guild Themes
It only shows only the certain theme items that are bought from Guild Shop II
If member wants to change the theme again, they must purchase again

>> For Market (Guild Items)
Only shows certain items bought from Guild Shop II
Rare items, can only purchased with guild points
Non rare items, can be purchased w/ gaia gold

>>For the Market (Member Goods)
It only shows only the user’s items that are set from their shop in the gaia market place
Controlled view by the guild moderators

>> Advertisement Lease
Lease is like a permit and there is an expiration date
Non member can view this section

> Guild Shop II
Visible to: Moderators
Purchased w/: Guild Gold
Purpose: Use gold to benefit the guild
Information:
>> For Guild Themes & Guild Market (Guild Items)
Large variety of items, but certain items must be unlocked through:
Members capacity, guild level, guild gold capacity reached, and ect.
Rare items, can be purchased with cash to unlock or following some guild task
Non-rare items, will be purchased with gaia gold
Once purchased an item, it become available to the members (shows in Guild Shop I)

>>For Guild Buildings
For the first building, it should be free. Any upgrades, must be purchased
Rare items, can be purchases with cash to unlock or following task
Each building type has different size plot
Building items can include:
>>> Floors
>>>Walls
>>>Decorations
>>> Floors

>>> Expansion
>>>> Additional Floors
>>>> Length expansion
>>>> Width expansion
>>>> Both width & length expansion
>>>> Building Attachments (w/ different expansion field)
>>>>>Towers
>>>>>Wing
>>>* NPC
1-3 npc are included with the first building
1: Guild reception
Job: to inform new potential visitors about the guild
>>>>> General Information (link to guild)
>>>>> Guild Application

2: Alliance reception
Job: Links & info of guilds/ threads sponsor
3: Floor Manager
Job: Quest Exchanger / Option Manager (for music change..ect.)

>> For Guild Events (contest events)
Purpose: control the money spending for contests/ tournaments
>>> Vs. Mode Tournament
Like the tournament, this is similar.
>>> Popularity Vote
Similar to the avatar arena but guild’s style
>>> Writing
Guild sets the capacity of how many words in the writing. Members vote on their favorite story, rp, ect.

*How does this guild event works:
Step 1: Purchasing the type of event. Purchasing the event, the money will be part of the prizes. (see more on Prizes)
> Step 2: A form will appear once open the event
Title of the event
Set fee for participants
Set max of participants
Set start of event / deadline
Other info:
>> Writing Contest
Sets writing capacity box
> Step 3: Set Prizes
Purchasing event type, entry fee, and extra gold are part of the gold prize money
When setting prizes, there should be an option of how much gold invested into the event (this will be calculated as ‘extra gold’
There will be an option of what items will be the prize
Entering an item as prizes, guild inventory will pop up
> Step 4: Press Complete & the event will appear in the events page/ section

>> For Guild Events (activity events)
These guild events is for events within the guild building. Most likely, it will appear in the second floor of the building
Purchased of the event will activate a hired npc for the event
Types of events:
>>> Fallow the leader: fallow the arrow keys to dance/follow the emoticons
>>> Battle: Zomg pvp

Guild Inventory/ Crew Panel
> Gold & Item Inventory
Shows the general information:
Current Gold / Total Items / Total Guild points
Donations donated to the guild

* Gold Budget
(will edits later)

* Member’s Goods Control (optional)
Can be disabled or able
Purpose: helps members to sell unwanted items
How does it work?
- a member in the guild want to sell an item at the Gaia Market place
- when they place an item in the gaia Market place, the information will not only be sent just the gaia marketplace, but be also sent to the guild shop I.
- Benefits
1: Speed up the selling process
2: Buyer will get the item they want
3: User seller will have the same amount as usual get in the marketplace
4: If someone from the guild purchased the item through Guild Shop I, both buyer & seller, will receive guild points

> Application (Join Request)
In many guilds, there is usually a form in the homepage to send a pm or entered when send request to join. However, the cons to this is that people sending request, the moderator of the guild may not able to receive it or inactive. Sending long paragraphs, there is a limit capacity in the form.

Application Format
Similar to the polls in the threads, but instead of voting, there is a space for user to type. Also, only the short writing section, moderator set capacity users can write. If moderator does not set writing capacity, it set to regular.

Example:

Character Name:
+ add another line to form

Short Writing
Writing Capacity:

> Applications (Alliance/Advertisement Request)
User should purchased a permit from the Guild Shop I

To apply:
Insert the permit into the permit slot
Type the name of Guild/ Thread
Place Link to the guild/ thread
*Description: The description that is place in this section will show overhead when mouse arrow is over the banner.
Place Banner:

Summery
> Guild Shop I: To increase gold in guild & member earns guild points from purchasing
> Guild Shop II: Use gold to benefit the guild
> Guild Inventory: Shows status of Gold, Guild Points, Items, Application Request, and Transactions.

> Gold Takeout: Some ideas to regulate the flow
>> Option I: Taking gold out directly from the guild
There are two ways to take out gold
1: another moderator has to agree with reasons and sign pw
2: a series of questions regarding to the guild (set by the moderators)

>> Option II: Gold takeout restrictions
Taking out gold must be comply with Gold Budget Section, where captain restricts how much gold spend per month/week

> Donations: can include items + gold
* There should be a warning sign about donation being used

> Items Ideas:
>> Normal Items:
can't think anything yet.....

>> Rare Items:
Limited edition Equipments
Limited edition Decoration
Limited edition Pets
*Trophies: Trophies gives out a lot of guild points
Example for trophies:
- Guild vs. Guild
Purchased the “vs. Mode Bracket” and set prizes
One of the prizes can include trophies
Trophies given to the winner (one of the guilds)
1: receives 50-100 guild points for every member in guild winners
2: Guild receives 200 – more guild points
-Player vs. Player
“ “
Trophies given to the winner (one of the players”
1: Player receives 30 – more guild points
2: Player that is a member of another guild will received 20 guild points

- - - - - - - - - - -
well for now, this is what I have to say. >.> ; though I think i'm missing something...  

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

Fairgrass

Romantic Conversationalist

21,800 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:09 pm
I know I'm basically just "seconding" motions already mentioned, but I thought I'd add my two cent's worth.

I agree with wingedcentur about having a public record of guild transactions, should the treasury become more flexible. I really think this solves most of the potential problems in opening up the treasuries. Users can see where donations go before they donate, and can check that the money hasn't been misused once they do. If a captain or moderator does misuse guild funds, appropriate action from within the guild can be taken (demoting or banning the mod, for instance). Although this clearly still has the potential for abuse, a public record would be a huge improvement in terms of accountability than the guild mule, which is what most guilds are doing anyway.

I'm also in favor of putting guild money toward personalizing the guild or on-site advertising, as others have already said. The advertising might require a little extra work, since submissions (text or imagery) would have to be screened, but I think it would be worth it.

I wouldn't mind paying a fee to remove a subforum, but I'd be more interested in the ability to rearrange subforums.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:47 am
I had a thought last night but it depends on how Gaia is set up.

What about paying for the ability to move threads between guilds?

I'm about to set up a RP in a guild that links to one we used to play before and I would love the ability to transfer that RP over to the new guild.

You could charge based on how long the thread is.

The move would have to approved by the guild captains so as to stop threads from being 'stolen' from other guilds.  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

Ebania

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:31 am
Pilotslover

I can see this being very beneficial for some -- especially for guilds that are in place for record-keeping.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:34 am
Ebony the Peacian
Pilotslover

I can see this being very beneficial for some -- especially for guilds that are in place for record-keeping.

That was pretty much my reasoning behind the thought, I once lost a whole RP because the guild we were in shut down.  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

Sergeant Perks

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:11 am
Ebony the Peacian
Pilotslover

I support this suggestion! I am in progress of moving threads between two zOMG! clans, and it is exhausting to do it all manually. I also need to copy RP threads between my zOMG! clan and my new RP guild - likewise, lots of work for all concerned.  
Resources & Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff