Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
Whomping Willow Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:42 pm
Adalaide Blythe
Hufflepuff // Third Year // The Whomping Willow // Wearing
CURRENTLY WITH // No one
CURRENTLY FEELING // Introspective
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'That seems like such a long time ago...'
CURRENTLY// single // crushing // loving
═════════════════════════════════

User Image

Ada laughed a little. She supposed it made sense for Marina to be worried about her not wanting the two of them to be friends, but the entire situation just seemed so bizarre to her! She thought about telling Marina why she and Damien didn't like one another, but decided against it. Marina liked him, really liked him, and he needed a real friend. Someone to influence him who wasn't just like his father. After all, he'd been nice enough to her back when they were young, before his parents had found out her mother was a muggle. "I don't care if you're friends with him, Marina. Actually, I'm kind of relieved. His only other friend is Montague, and all those two are going to do is mirror and magnify each other's awful attitudes until they're unbearable. I like that he has at least one person keeping him grounded. I wish Montague would find someone else to be friends with, too. Maybe then he'd stop being so horrid, too." In a weird way, Ada was really happy that Damien had made friends with Marina. Maybe, just maybe, after being around her long enough, he'd start to be more like that little boy who'd played with her in the frozen flames in her backyard. She sighed a little, her happy expression fading a bit. Poor Gracie... and poor Drae. She hadn't known him, at all really, but he'd seemed like a nice guy. "I don't know much about what happened over the summer at all. I mean, I know that Michelle, and a bunch of others, almost died in some big battle. And I know Gracie's parents were killed." After she said that, she winced. That was private; Gracie probably didn't want a lot of people knowing. Actually, she'd probably be mad at Michelle for telling her, so Ada could only imagine how mad the Ravenclaw would be for her telling Marina. "Don't tell anyone I told you that. I don't... I don't think Gracie wants everyone to know. Not that I've talked to her, I mean, I only know because Michelle told me, but... it just seems like she wants to keep everything to herself, you know? I don't want her to have one more thing to be angry about." Ada bit her lip. It figured that when she was around people she was comfortable enough to open her mouth with, she opened it and said things she shouldn't. She really needed to get the hang of this. She didn't thinks he could go all seven years like this.

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Monday: Mythology I Tuesday: Free Wednesday: Defense III, Astronomy III Thursday: Ghost Studies I, Transfiguration III Friday: Muggle Mythology I, Divination I, History III, Alchemy I

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:06 pm
I'll SEEK you OUT
FLAY you ALIVE
One more WORD and you won't SURVIVE
And I'M not SCARED
Of your STOLEN POWER
I SEE right through you any HOUR
I'm TAKING it SLOW
FEEDING my FLAME
Shuffling the CARDS of your GAME
And JUST in TIME
In the RIGHT PLACE
Suddenly I will PLAY my ACE

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
PROUD HALFBLOOD
SLYTHERIN THIRD YEAR
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I won't soothe your pain: Relieved | I won't ease your strain: She doesn't care? | You'll be waiting in vain: Ada | I got nothing for you to gain: Whomping Willow |
Wearing

"You don't?" Marina asked, shocked. "Well, that's a relief," she commented with a grin, feeling less tense. When Ada brought up Montague her expression went grim. "Don't even get me started on Montague. I have to suffer through him three meals a day, and he's in most of my classes! Wizarding Law is just me, Damien, and him. And now he has a girlfriend, though I can't imagine how he ever got one. During the feast she pretty much told me I was disadvantaged because I was a halfblood! Like it was a disability or something!" Marina rolled her eyes. "I have no clue what Damien sees in him as the friend, especially since now all he ever does is flirt with his girlfriend. They sneaked off after the headmistress spoke. Probably were in the dungeons snogging. How romantic." The redhead shook her head. When Ada mentioned the battle over the summer she glanced down at the ground a bit awkwardly. "That battle? I was sort of there. Nell was too. It was... pretty bad." Her mouth fell open in horror when Gracie's secret was revealed. "That's horrible," she breathed. "I can't even imagine... Merlin. That poor girl. Don't worry, I won't tell anyone. I can see why she wouldn't want that getting around." Especially not at Hogwarts, where news spread like wildfire. But a nagging fear had entered her mind, and she had to voice it. "Was it a dark wizard, do you know? There's been rumors going around and after this summer... It just seems like there could be someone out there." She almost didn't want to know.

Prejudice is stubborn and ignorance is hard.

EYES on FIRE
Your SPINE is ABLAZE
Felling any FOE with my GAZE
And JUST in TIME
In the RIGHT PLACE
STEADILY emerging with GRACE
Ahh, felling any FOE with my GAZE
Ahh, STEADILY emerging with GRACE

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:04 pm
Adalaide Blythe
Hufflepuff // Third Year // The Whomping Willow // Wearing
CURRENTLY WITH // No one
CURRENTLY FEELING // Introspective
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'That seems like such a long time ago...'
CURRENTLY// single // crushing // loving

User Image

Ada snorted a bit at the thought of Dominic going off to snog some Slytherin girl. "That's pretty much how they see it. I mean, like it's some genetic defect. As for what Damien sees in him... correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they start hanging out first year, when Damien was still just as bad? And his family is one of the old ones. He probably doesn't want to stop being friends with the prat because he's 'going places' or something silly like that. They don't like to 'sever ties' with people they think are important. Or going to be important. Or whatever." She sighed a little, her eyes growing worried when Marina mentioned that she and Nell had been at the battle. She'd almost lost literally every friend she had at the beginning of the Summer, and she hadn't even known about it! "I can't believe my dad kept all that from me! I mean, I get that he wanted to keep me safe and all, but... I mean, you and Michelle and Nell are basically my only friends in the entire school. The only ones that I'm at all close to, anyway. And you all could have died, and I'd have been all alone! I mean, I'm sure he didn't know that you were all there and all, but still!" She shuddered at the thought of some new Dark Wizard rising up and trying to stir up trouble. "As for what happened to Gracie's parents, I have no idea. I just know that Michelle said they were killed, not that they died, meaning... well, they were murdered, obviously. So, I mean, it could... it could be some dark wizard. I just... I hope not. I mean, people do bad things. That's just... it happens. I'd much rather it be one terrible person than there be some big powerful bad guy pulling strings and setting things up like... like when Voldemort was in power or something. I mean... I'm rubbish with spells, I'd be dead, you know? And I... I really don't want that. To be dead. And I don't want you, or Michelle or Nell, or anyone else to be dead, either." The thought utterly terrified her. And she had no doubt that, if there was some big evil villain gaining power in the shadows, she'd be in trouble. Halfbloods always were.

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Monday: Mythology I Tuesday: Free Wednesday: Defense III, Astronomy III Thursday: Ghost Studies I, Transfiguration III Friday: Muggle Mythology I, Divination I, History III, Alchemy I

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:34 pm
I'll SEEK you OUT
FLAY you ALIVE
And I'M not SCARED
Of your STOLEN POWER
I'm TAKING it SLOW
FEEDING my FLAME
And JUST in TIME
In the RIGHT PLACE

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
PROUD HALFBLOOD
SLYTHERIN THIRD YEAR

I won't soothe your pain: Relieved | I won't ease your strain: Him? Going places? | You'll be waiting in vain: Ada | I got nothing for you to gain: Whomping Willow |
Wearing

Marina made a small noise of exasperation. "Genetic defect... Well I suppose it's better than "half witch" or "magic thief". Actually, my blood status is probably leaning more towards muggleborn, because my dad's a halfblood and my mum's a muggleborn. I have more muggle than magical relatives. Of course I'm not about to go skipping into the Slytherin Common Room screaming it to the world. They all already think I'm too open about my blood. Like I should be hiding in some dark corner sobbing because I'll never be as "pure" as them." She shrugged lightly. "I can never please anyone." Her eye's widened in disbelief when Ada shared that Damien probably thought Dominic was going places. "Please. Him? Going places? He doodles in every class! The only way he'll "go" anywhere is if he pays his way in. If Damien thinks that he's delusional. And what about me? Agh, has he not been sitting next to me because he thinks I'm not "going places"? Though he did sit with me in Mythology..." Marina groaned, and ran a hand through her bangs. "Boys are so stupid sometimes. Seriously." She listened as Ada expressed her fears of her friends dying and her frustration at her father. "Believe me, you did not want to be there. A lot of people died. The only reason I made it out with only a sprained ankle and a few bruises was because there were older wizards there watching my back. I wasn't even allowed to fight out in the open. They made me hide in the shadows and fight from there. My parents grounded me for two months afterwards. They didn't even let me go to Diagon Alley for my school things." She sighed, her own worries only increased. "Hey, well, you'll have company if you do die. I'm in the same boat as you, With my luck I'll be the first to die in some horrible fashion."

EYES on FIRE
Your SPINE is ABLAZE
And JUST in TIME
In the RIGHT PLACE

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:58 am

𝕯ominic 𝕸ontague
𝔖𝔩𝔶𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯i𝔫 𝔓𝔲𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔡
Third Year, 𝔅eater
User Image

Dominic grit his teeth; he soared, literally, hundreds of feet up in the air to avoid the threat of the Whomping Willow nearby. The quidditch pitch was already in use for another teams practice, and, Dominic had to practice. So he found himself here, alone, where children from the school hardly ever venture too.

”Ugh--, He growled as he smacked the end of his bat into a charmed bludger he’d set loose on the world. It must have been hours that he spent up there, hurtling back and forth and beating down the ball, slamming into the various branches of the tree for target practice. He hadn’t expected there to be anyone out here, not that he really checked, anyway.

”Dammit!” He cursed and growled as he spun high up in the air, his free hand coiled around his upper arm where he missed the bludger and smacked straight down on him. With the shake of his head, he cast the pain away and propelled forward, racing after that blasted bludger.

╔═══════════════════╗
Height: 5’7” ☣ Weight: 159lbs ☣ Age: 13
Whomping Willow

╚═══════════════════╝

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:29 pm
I'll SEEK you OUT
FLAY you ALIVE
And I'M not SCARED
Of your STOLEN POWER
I'm TAKING it SLOW
FEEDING my FLAME
And JUST in TIME
In the RIGHT PLACE

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
PROUD HALFBLOOD
SLYTHERIN THIRD YEAR

I won't soothe your pain: Furious | I won't ease your strain: That arse did NOT just hit me with a bleeding bludger!| You'll be waiting in vain: Dominic | I got nothing for you to gain: Whomping Willow|
Wearing

Marina was lying on the ground, idly turning the pages of Prince Caspian. She'd started coming here to read ever since that day at the beginning of term where she and Ada had sat and talked. Rarely did anyone else appear, and she liked it that way. It was quiet, peaceful, and best of all secluded and safe. Well, that was what she had though until today. A rushing noise made her glance up and over her shoulder, and her brown eyes widened in shock as she saw a bludger barreling towards her. With a scream, she threw herself out of the way, but it still grazed the side of her face, not bad enough to break anything or disfigure her permanently (at least she hoped not), but bad enough to leave a purple bruise that was already beginning to show on her pale skin.

It throbbed painfully, and she lay there in shock, not moving for a few seconds. With a muffled whimper of pain she sat up, fingers probing the bruise gingerly. She looked up at the sky, and lo and behold, there was Dominic Montague. Somehow she was not surprised at all. Then all rational thinking was lost and she felt a wave of pure, burning hot fury rise up in her as she stared grimly at him in the air. Did he think he was funny, hitting a bludger in his direction?! She hadn't done anything to him, not recently anyways! That jerk! That prat! How dare he!

Before she knew it she was on her feet, wand outstretched and screaming, "Flipendo!" at him, hoping to knock him off his broom. She darkly hoped he would fall into the Whomping Willow. "You complete arsehole!" she screamed up at him. "What was that for, you little prat?!" Her eyes were burning with rage and she clenched her wand so tightly her knuckles turned white. "J'espère que vous tomber votre stupide balai, idiot!"* she shrieked up at him, knowing full well he could understand her.

*French for "I hope you fall off your stupid broom, idiot!"

EYES on FIRE
Your SPINE is ABLAZE
And JUST in TIME
In the RIGHT PLACE

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:57 pm

𝕯ominic 𝕸ontague
𝔖𝔩𝔶𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯i𝔫 𝔓𝔲𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔡
Third Year, 𝔅eater
User Image

He hit it, and wherever it went, he couldn’t find it. He spiraled in place while dark blue eyes washed over the area trying to find the bludger. He could hear it whistling in the air, which was the oddest part, and he heard it collide against something—no—someone. Huh? Who the hell is out here? Banking wide around the Whomping Willow, just on the other side, was Marina. He blinked.
”Wha—?”

But before he could even speak, Hell unleashed upon his chest. A force unseen to him struck him dead in the chest, rivets and waves of orange sparks reflected off of him as his eyes widened, seeing only the bright blue sky above him. Suddenly, everything was cold, spinning. He saw blue, then green, blue, then green. The sky and earth tumbled around him until he had finally fallen face first into the ground. Grass, leaves, and dirt coiled around his crumpled form. He struggled, groaning as he wobbled to raise his head out of the grass. ”Vous devez être fous de moi,” Dominic cursed in French, still idly curious as to how Marina even knew French.

”What the hell in Merlin’s beard are you thinking?!? That I just.. follow you around to do this? Bloody hell! I didn’t know you were here!” He growled as he forced himself upright, sitting cross legged on the ground and rubbing his shoulder that slammed hard into the earth. Furious, his face started glowing pink, and his eyes circled black around blue. He stood to his full height, rushiing towards her. "Just what the hell were you doing!? Trying to drop me into the nasty little tree, were you?"

Out of no where, seriously! It came out of no where. He hadn't planned, it, and by Merlin, if anyone was reading his mind, they would know he hadn't even so much as give it a first though, much less a second. Whatever the reason for it, his own wand was brandished, and he too burst out with a spell, curious if it would even land.
"Vox Dementis!"

//Translation: "You've got to be f***ing kidding me!

╔═══════════════════╗
Whomping Willow

╚═══════════════════╝

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:24 pm
I'll SEEK you OUT
FLAY you ALIVE
And I'M not SCARED
Of your STOLEN POWER
I'm TAKING it SLOW
FEEDING my FLAME
And JUST in TIME
In the RIGHT PLACE

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
PROUD HALFBLOOD
SLYTHERIN THIRD YEAR

I won't soothe your pain: Furious | I won't ease your strain: Crap, he's charging me! | You'll be waiting in vain: Dominic | I got nothing for you to gain: Whomping Willow|
Wearing

Marina allowed herself a brief smile of satisfaction when she did indeed succeed in knocking him off his broom. The bloody d*ckhead deserved it. To make things even better, he had landed face first. She soon returned to glaring at him when he spoke. "You were on a broom in the air! How did you not see me?!" she retorted angrily. Honestly, she could be identified by her flaming hair alone from a mile away. "No, I was trying to cast a cheering charm," she spat out sarcastically. "Of course I was trying to knock you into the tree, you hit me with a bludger!"

Then he charged at her and cast a spell. It just barely missed her, as she ducked and scrambled backwards away from him. Marina backed up, then realized that if she backed up any further, she'd be within reach of the branches. She'd rather get beat up by this imbecile than the branches, so she stayed where she was, hoping he didn't come any closer. Truth be told, she wasn't at all sure she could beat him in a magical fight, and she knew she couldn't beat him in a physical one. He'd snap her like a twig. She'd started it without thinking clearly, and had no strategy what so ever. Well, she'd just have to wing it and hope she could get him to back off. "Expelliarmus!" Before she even finished saying the spell she knew it wasn't going to hit him. In her desperation her aim was way off. She shot off another one as soon as she'd said the other. "Locomotor mortis!"

EYES on FIRE
Your SPINE is ABLAZE
And JUST in TIME
In the RIGHT PLACE

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:52 pm

𝕯ominic 𝕸ontague
𝔖𝔩𝔶𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯i𝔫 𝔓𝔲𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔡
Third Year, 𝔅eater
User Image

He growled. He knew better than this; Dominic almost couldn’t believe what he’d done until he’d done it. The spell just barely skidded around her, and even now, he could see the subtle hints of a bruise glistening on her cheek from where the bludger had hit her. He should have apologized, he supposed, but it was just too late for that now. He grits his teeth, only imagining the worst if they got caught and a letter was sent home, before he knew it, she was squaring off against him.
”Are you daft? I’m not paying attention to you, I was trying to hi-! He paused, his words cut off as he easily danced around her first spell. ”I was trying to hit the bludg-“ With him wasting so much breath arguing, he hadn’t even heard her follow up spell.

At once, his legs went rigid and snapped together at his ankles, every muscle went tense, hard as iron as he suddenly lost balance, waving his arms back and forth flailing trying to stay up but… inevitably, he fell backwards into the grass cursing in French. Rushing upwards, his torso curled and heaved upwards easily as he tossed a poorly aimed spell her way.
”Avis! He cast suddenly, and a flock of gray birds burst forth from the tip of his wand hurtling towards Marina. He glanced down at his feet and waved his wand. ”Finite… finite! Oh, what the bleedin—!” He cursed, and of course! How could he have forgotten that only the caster can reverse effects of the spell with finite. His cousin still hadn’t taught him how to use finite incantatem.

╔═══════════════════╗
Whomping Willow

╚═══════════════════╝

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:49 pm
I'll SEEK you OUT
FLAY you ALIVE
And I'M not SCARED
Of your STOLEN POWER
I'm TAKING it SLOW
FEEDING my FLAME
And JUST in TIME
In the RIGHT PLACE

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
PROUD HALFBLOOD
SLYTHERIN THIRD YEAR

I won't soothe your pain: Furious | I won't ease your strain: Stupid birds! | You'll be waiting in vain: Dominic | I got nothing for you to gain: Whomping Willow|
Wearing

"Well, I'm so sorry for inconveniencing you so," Marina snapped, with a mocking lilt to her voice. "How terribly rude of me to get hit with a bludger you couldn't get!" She watched, proud of herself, when his legs locked together and he toppled backwards. She had pretty much won until he cast the bird spell. The birds descended on her, pecking furiously and scratching, and she yelped in surprise, dropping to her knees and covering her face with one hand while she blindly cast a spell with the other. "Get away! Incendio!" The fire that shot forth from her wand scared off the flock, who flew away leaving only a few burned feathers.

Biting back a sigh of relief she got to her feet shakily, eying Dominic on the ground warily. Then she realized she had unconsciously stepped back into the path of the branches. "Merde," she hissed under her breath, knowing what was coming. Wham. A branch crashed into her, knocking her off her feet and sending her sprawling beside Dominic. "Ugh," she groaned, the breath knocked out of her. Marina closed her eyes for a moment, trying to make the dizziness stop. Well, at least Dominic couldn't get the drop on her now. She hoped not, anyways. The pain she was in was interfering with her thinking.

EYES on FIRE
Your SPINE is ABLAZE
And JUST in TIME
In the RIGHT PLACE

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:17 am

𝕯ominic 𝕸ontague
𝔖𝔩𝔶𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯i𝔫 𝔓𝔲𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔡
Third Year, 𝔅eater
User Image

Dominic snarled, a growl rumbled deep in his throat as he forced himself up to watch the cataclysm of birds wreak havoc down upon Marina, that is, until she retaliated with fire. He brought his arm over his features to shield his eyes of the scorched feather remnants wafting in the air. But he didn’t dare utter a word—it was all caught in his throat. He couldn’t even breathe; all of the oxygen was restricted inside of him, constricting and coiling around his vocal cords until only a strangled bare wisp of air could flutter through. His eyes were wide, bursting forth from his skull as he watched in slow motion as Marina stumbled backwards into the tree.

He should have said something, but it all happened so quickly. He barely knew what had happened until it was too late!

The branch fixated upon her, it writhed backwards and the trunk of the tree doubled over to extend the reach of its long branches and swipe furiously at her, hurtling her. He couldn’t watch.

At just the last moment, he cringed, wincing away from the sight and turning his head away indefinitely. But he heard the crack of wood against bone, and he heard the flail of flesh tumbling against the ground. He still didn’t look, not until he had heard her groan beside him.

With his wand raised, Dominic glanced all around him. The open grassy field left him little options. He fumbled in his pockets for anything he owned until he tossed out a folded slip of parchment, his latest collection of doodles.
”Restituo,” Dominic cast, switching his parchment for a vial of wiggenweld potion his mum constantly made for him. His legs still charmed together, he slid the vial against the grass to her. ”It’s wiggenweld, just drink it.” He told her, in no mood to her hear rebuttal or accusations that he might just be trying to poison her.

What could he do now? But lie back down on the grass in a heap and just… wait? His thoughts roamed, spiraling in the depths. Idly… He wondered what she was thinking.

╔═══════════════════╗
Whomping Willow

╚═══════════════════╝

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:33 pm
I'll SEEK you OUT
FLAY you ALIVE
And I'M not SCARED
Of your STOLEN POWER
I'm TAKING it SLOW
FEEDING my FLAME
And JUST in TIME
In the RIGHT PLACE

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
PROUD HALFBLOOD
SLYTHERIN THIRD YEAR

I won't soothe your pain: Annoyed, Grateful | I won't ease your strain: Just this one time... | You'll be waiting in vain: Dominic | I got nothing for you to gain: Whomping Willow |
Wearing

Marina looked at the potion suspiciously. Well, it probably wasn't poisoned, but she was loathe to accept any kind of help from Dominic Montague. But she hurt pretty much everywhere, so she decided that just this one time would actually do something he told her to do. Just. This. One. Time. Never again. That made her feel like slightly less of a pushover. She picked it up, examined the green potion, gave him a flat, warning stare, and drank it. In moments she could feel it working, the small scratches on her face and arm disappearing completely, and the bruise on her face shrinking slightly and fading to a dull purple against her cheek bone. She still looked like she'd been hit in the face, but it was nowhere near as bad as it had been before.

Not really knowing what to say or do, she simply drew her knees up to her chest and wrapped her arms around them, staring off into the distance moodily before giving him a sideways glance. She supposed she ought to undo the spell; their duel was obviously over. But first she felt the need to make one thing clear. Drawing her wand slowly, she pointed it at his legs. "I won this one, Montague. Finite." His legs unlocked and the look she gave him left no room for argument. After all, she had won. He had been completely at her mercy, before the tree got involved anyways.

Marina lay back on the ground, not caring about leaves or dirt getting in her hair at that moment, ignoring him and staring up at the cloudless blue sky. It really had been a lovely day, until this incident. Now she'd probably be in a bad mood all week, or for as long as her bruise lasted anyways. No way was she going to the infirmary and have to explain to his mother why she looked like someone had taken a swing at her.

EYES on FIRE
Your SPINE is ABLAZE
And JUST in TIME
In the RIGHT PLACE

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:27 am

𝕯ominic 𝕸ontague
𝔖𝔩𝔶𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯i𝔫 𝔓𝔲𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔡
Third Year, 𝔅eater
User Image

She towered over him, blocking the sun behind flaming red hair as she lingered there, hovering over him with her wand pointed down and staring him in the eyes. He didn’t dare blink, how could he? His throat tightened, and he didn’t know why, the smallest most rational part of his mind knew that she wouldn’t do anything, not with him already down. He didn’t think she could stoop so low. He would—but that was the difference between him and her. Chivalry meant less to him than winning. To her, winning wasn’t everything….
”I won this one, Montague. Finite.”

Or was it?

He blinked, finally able to swallow that dry lump that sat like an anchor in his throat just weighing him down. He could feel the bliss of ease envelope him as her spell struck and eliminated any shred of evidence that had held him restrained. It wasn’t until now that he could feel the blistering bruise morphing beneath his flesh on the shoulder that slammed full force into the earth. He was surprised it didn’t pop out of place; it wouldn’t have been the first time, anyway.

As much as he resisted it, he groaned as he stretched and rolled his arms, wincing, he cradled his left shoulder and coiled tight around it, still in the midst of the rolling grassy field. His mind was racing, literally losing itself like the serpent who ate its own tail, he couldn’t grasp everything that had just happened.
”Why!?” He roared, still hunched over on the ground several feet from where the blazing redhead lay down.

He just couldn’t take it anymore! Literally—and, quite literally, at that—just about everyone hated him in his year and what had he done to deserve it?
”Why do you hate me so?” What was it that made him so much worse than Damien? He’d seen the few spared moments were the two spoke, or when Damien even half contemplated sitting with her instead of him.

He had to know.

╔═══════════════════╗
Whomping Willow

╚═══════════════════╝

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:22 pm
I'll SEEK you OUT
FLAY you ALIVE
And I'M not SCARED
Of your STOLEN POWER
I'm TAKING it SLOW
FEEDING my FLAME
And JUST in TIME
In the RIGHT PLACE

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
PROUD HALFBLOOD
SLYTHERIN THIRD YEAR

I won't soothe your pain: Surprised | I won't ease your strain: What's with him?! | You'll be waiting in vain: Dominic | I got nothing for you to gain: Whomping Willow |
Wearing

Marina watched him out of the corner of her eye, she couldn't tell what was up with him until he suddenly started yelling. There was a sharp intake of breath from her, his obvious distress had caught her off guard. But other than that her face showed almost no emotion; she looked almost like she might fall asleep, lying there. Finally she decided to say something, raising her self up by the elbows into a sitting position. "Why do I hate you? I don't hate you," she responded coldly, and then when she next spoke her voice dripped with venom. "I hate what you do."

She was silent for a moment, thinking of how to put this is a reasonably calm manner. But once more the flood gates of emotion opened, and she fought hard to stop herself from screaming at him. "Dominic, do you even realize how you treat people?! You act like the typical Slytherin: prejudiced, cold, and uncaring. You act like other people don't matter, that their feelings don't matter! You made Ada break down in tears in first year and you wonder why people hate you! You tried to turn her and Michelle against each other at the beginning of last year just for petty revenge! You break things, Dominic Montague, things that can't be fixed! You break people. Or try to anyway," she finished, still giving him that same look.

"And I hate that. I hate that you treat me like I'm dirt because of my blood, and that you are always there, reminding me that most of my house hates me because of something I can't change! Something I wouldn't change. I hate that whenever you're around, Damien slips into his old ways, and that your girlfriend glares at me like the other Slytherin girls. I hate that people like you will always be around, telling me that I'm not worth anything." She was literally shaking, her voice rising and falling unevenly.

EYES on FIRE
Your SPINE is ABLAZE
And JUST in TIME
In the RIGHT PLACE

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:18 pm

𝕯ominic 𝕸ontague
𝔖𝔩𝔶𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯i𝔫 𝔓𝔲𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔡
Third Year, 𝔅eater
User Image

I don’t-! He jolted with a start, almost as if he were going to cut her off—but he didn’t. He didn’t dare breathe a word as dark, riveting blue eyes bore her down with wavering intensity; he was almost too scared to turn away now. That poker card face he usually embodied broke and a rush of emotions flooded at his features, each as bold, bright, and vivid as the last, like painted perfect art on an empty canvas with each expression. First, fury and it sparked with fire, and then, ignorance which burned deep, next, horror struck him with surprise, then suddenly, sorrow melted off of his flesh. More, and more, slow, irrational astonishment as she continued on, and then it was toxic poison jealousy almost turning him green, but even that burning metal had finally cooled and he was left in the wake of luminescent remorse that glowed bright in his twinkling blue eyes.

”—“ He opened his mouth to speak, but no sound stretched through his vocal chords, nothing could be heard. He didn’t move from his position huddled in the grass, but he felt like he shrank down to nothing, almost staring up at her with down cast eyes and a hung head. Hell, he even wanted to apologize, but it would have been wasted because if anything, he owed any apology to Ada, who had done nothing wrong.

But what could I say, Dominic idly thought as silence carried on with the blustering winds. He knew what he’d done; he was raised to do so… He didn’t like it, but, what choice did he have? Conflicting emotions rained down on his pale features as he furrowed his brows in confusion and then shook his head, pulling himself to his feet in utter silence, he meandered weakly until both wand and broom were in each hand.

He turned away and it seemed as if he was going to retreat without ever uttering a word, but then, he stopped. And then, he turned around to face her with slow, steady eyes, which, for maybe just a moment, almost looked glossy, wet, and crystal blue.
”What have any you done to show any different?” Dominic blinked suddenly, as if he hadn’t realized he said that aloud, and when he did, he cringed at how horrid it came out. ”No, I mean—“ Dom sighed, he almost wanted to turn back around now and just leave, but…

”It’s one thing to be ignorant,” he realized so suddenly, his voice calm and deep and dark, ”—but it’s an entirely other thing to shun someone for being ignorant, and not showing them why.”

As clear as day the world, reality, and life itself might come to her, it wasn’t so for the rest of them. His entire life, he was taught that muggleborn children were stealing magic away from other children, making pureblood squibs. He didn’t know magic skipped generations, that, it could go dormant in genes and not resurface for hundreds of years, and that, there was no true control or rhyme or reason to magic. No one ever taught him…. He still didn’t know.

But he didn’t care, not now, not from her. He shook his head and walked away without ever turning to look back. If she called for him, he wouldn’t stop….. He couldn’t stop…. Don’t stop, he kept telling himself, doubting himself, knowing his weakness.

╔═══════════════════╗
Whomping Willow

╚═══════════════════╝

The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items