Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Official Australian Guild
SOUTH AUSTRALIA || The Mighty South Aussies, Yeah! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Simonluvs69

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:22 am
*sigh* I'm all lonely up here in the northern suburbs! sad  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:30 am
Ah Adelaide.

It's the City of Pubs to me 3nodding

Frog Juice

7,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Signature Look 250

Sleep Beauty

6,600 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:01 am
I've lived in South Australia.
In Bordertown, its apart of the Tatira districts...erm...kinda near Naracoorte.
If you know where that is?

But otherwise I'm Victorian, i lived in Bordertown from 2001 till the end of 2004. Then went back to Melbourne. From my personal expirence, I don't like SA. But thats only because of the bad expirences I had in that town. Most of them had grown up together, whereas I had grown up in Melbourne so it was very hard to fit in, you kind of had this feeling like "If you weren't born here, you don't belong here" So, I guess its just ruined my view on SA.

I don't like Adelaide either, but thats only because the tidiness of it and how the main city area is built as a rectangle annoy me so much. I don't know why, but it does. But it is a nice city.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:48 pm
Ohhh I got a question for everyone! ^^

I want to go to the city right, to buy clothes... Where's a good place to shop? Cuz I just went around the plaza today, but it doesn't really have my sorta clothes... Allthough, that shop that sells Emily the Strange is pretty awesome. ^^

I'd like a shop that has more, black, reds, and purples. :3

Also, if anybody has seen a top like this for sale (with a low V cut) - Clickie could you please tell me? ^^ Thankies! <3

(And to make it go faster, scroll the speed to the very max. ^^ )

Little-Missy-Moo

Frog Juice

7,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:17 pm
Sleep Beauty
I've lived in South Australia.
In Bordertown, its apart of the Tatira districts...erm...kinda near Naracoorte.
If you know where that is?

But otherwise I'm Victorian, i lived in Bordertown from 2001 till the end of 2004. Then went back to Melbourne. From my personal expirence, I don't like SA. But thats only because of the bad expirences I had in that town. Most of them had grown up together, whereas I had grown up in Melbourne so it was very hard to fit in, you kind of had this feeling like "If you weren't born here, you don't belong here" So, I guess its just ruined my view on SA.

I don't like Adelaide either, but thats only because the tidiness of it and how the main city area is built as a rectangle annoy me so much. I don't know why, but it does. But it is a nice city.

I've driven through and stopped at Bordertown on the way to Melbourne. I thought it was a pretty cute town, but we didn't spend long there.

I think it's harder when you're in a small town. In the city it's probably easier because there are more people and people come and go. I've lost contact with most of the people I grew up with, so I think it's just where you are.

@Karicki Satni Mitsu: There's a store called Irving Baby down on Twin street near the costume store on Grenfell street (just around the corner from the costume store) that might have what you're looking for.

You'd think working in the city I'd know, but I don't really pay attention half the time xD.

There's also a Dangerfield store down Rundle Street that opened up. I had a look at it a couple of weeks ago and it might have what you want.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:15 am
CaiLing
Once I was listening to the breakfast show on SAFM and they mentioned that Adelaide is known for having some pretty well known 'freaks'. Unfortunately the only one I can think of, and that I've actually seen is Spandex guy.

We also produce the countries most successful serial killers sad

oh but we also have the second largest great white shark colony in the world, and a large fishing industry.  

DaveOZ

DaveOZ

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:25 am
According to wikipedia theres only one thing unique to South Australia...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:58 pm
What the hell is that stuff around it? gonk

Little-Missy-Moo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:42 am
DaveOZ

I know that's a pie floater, but that one looks really gross. I've never had one so I don't know whether they're tasty or not, but that pic has just kinda put me off wanting to try.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:03 pm
DaveOZ

My Dad loves those. He goes to the Pie Cart in town about once a week or so for one of them.

I think they're disgusting.

@Karidi Satni Mitsu: It's pea soup.

Frog Juice

7,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Signature Look 250

Hullo Smiley

Beloved Lunatic

12,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:54 pm
Hmmmm Pie Floater is making me hungry..... *drools* ... you cant always judge food by its looks or no one would ever eat at Maccas or HJ's .. lol

I still vote for Adelaides wine industry but that probably because I work for one of Aussies biggest wineries that is South Aussie Family owned with offices and warehouses both nationally and in other countries. and having tried wines from all over Aussie and Imports from France and Italy the best red wines are from Langhorn Creek in SA near Angaston. South Aussie wines have also taken out gold in recent international wine competitions held in the UK

...and that makes me a *PROUD SOUTH AUSSIE*  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:58 am
That's nice smiley, the whole proud South Aussie thing. ^^

As for the pie floater...if South Australians really are known for it then I think I should try one at least once. But I heard the soup must be good for the whole dish to taste any good.  

iMike

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:55 pm
Well at least S.A has the Villi's Cafe and also the original Farners Union Ice Coffee (my on tru love) that was uniquely South Australian till they started exporting it.
An the double quater pounder wasn't only a limited item here it came to stay cause it sold so well here. xd
And of course now we only have one drive in cause the other closed. stressed
And yeah stuff...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:09 am
heart Now thats alot better... Its great to see some South Aussie Pride in here for once... the name of the thread should be changed though... SA is not OK... SA is GREAT

As for the wine award I mentioned

Peter Lehmann.. SA Owned and grown, is the International Wine Maker of the Year 2006 as decided by an International Pannel that gathered in the UK

Samuel Smith and Son (aka Yalumba Wines).. SA family owned and grown company won National wine merchant of the year over the foreign owned companies

and there have been many other awards won by SA

we are also the proud owners of the National Trust Icon the Frog Cake

we have some of the nicest beaches in Australia, cheaper housing and nicer lifestyle

Clipsal 500 the number one touring car competition in Australia (and rumour has it we may be getting the formula 1 back when the Vic contract expires)

Jacobs Creek Tour Down Under and International bike race

and there is soo much more....

I know I wouldnt want to live any where else heart heart heart

Hullo Smiley

Beloved Lunatic

12,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200

Frog Juice

7,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:51 am
I am truely ashamed of you all.

NONE of you mentioned Coopers. Shame shame shame.

One of the only family owned beer businesses (in fact in South Australia it is the only privately owned beer company) and it doesn't rate.

Tsk tsk.

Needless to say it's something I'm proud of xD.

I also love the fact that it's not hugely crowded in Adelaide. I hate huge crowds and people being hugely close to me, so that's another reason it's so great.

The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff