91%  [ 31 ]
No.
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 34

Cosmic Space Orange

Tipsy Mage

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:18 pm
according to this im the anti-christ and in about 4 seconds i will gain evil powes and destroy the world....

*4 seconds later*

ok everything seems in order *walks away*  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:47 pm
according to that flyer, i'm around 90% goth. and i am no where near even thinking of being goth. to me its just another label though.

i think the church made way too many assumptions in what teen culture is like and how some people act. they are blaming everything in there about paganism on satan, which is one way to tell that many people are prone to example out anything that doesnt follow their conformity. this is what pisses me off. when people do not respect any other religion.

heart kai

(sorry for swearing if im not allowed or it offends you)  

Sweet Aesthetic

8,350 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Brainwhacker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:28 pm
this is the most annoyingly biased sweeping generalization I've come across.

I don't look like a goth, but I apparently act like one.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:49 am
i'm 3/4 goth smile and i'm proud of it!!

there is nothing wrong with being an individual who has their own beliefs(as long as it harms none, including your self).  

sopen asagiri

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:44 am
Hmm, I got 16 of those...Ironically, a goth friend of mine has the exact sign "I'm so Gothic, I'm dead" sign posted on her bedroom door. And since when is head-banging associated with being a goth?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:57 pm
Woe is me. xD I'm so doomed to a painful burning life in the doomed pits of hell now. rolleyes

Amyane

Seira Relur

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:43 pm
I striked out what doesn't apply. Seriously, who was smoking what while making this?

-Frequently wears black clothing.
-Wears band and/or rock t-shirts.
-Wears excessive black eye makeup, lipstick or nailpolish.
-Wears any odd, silver jewelry or symbols. Some of these include:
reversed crosses, pentagrams, pentacles, ankhs or various
other Satanic worshipping symbols.
-Shows an interest in piercings or tattoos.
-Listens to gothic or any other anti-social genres of
music. (Marilyn Manson claims to be the anti-Christ, and publicly speaks
against the Lord. Please discard any such albums IMMEDIATELY.)
-Associates with other people that dress, act or speak
eccentrically.
-Shows a declining interest in wholesome activities, such
as: the Bible, prayer, church or sports.
-Shows an increasing interest in death, vampires, magic,
the occult, witchcraft or anything else that involves Satan.
-Takes drugs.
-Drinks alcohol.
(rarely)
-Is suicidal and/or depressed.
-Cuts, burns or partakes in any other method of self-mutilation. (This is a Satanic ritual that uses pain to detract from the light of God and
His love. Please seek immediate attention for this at your local mental health center.)

-Complains of boredom.
-Sleeps too excessively or too little.
-Is excessively awake during the night.
-Dislikes sunlight or any other form of light. (This pertains to
vampires promoting the idea that His light is of no use.)
(I don't dislike sunlight for it being sunlight... I just don't like how bright it is. I love bathing in the rays though)
-Demands an unusual amount of privacy.
-Spends large amounts of time alone.
-Requests time alone and quietness. (This is so that your child may speak to evil sprits.)
-Insists on spending time with friends while unaccompanied by an adult.
-Disregards authority figures; teachers, priests, nuns and
elders are but a few examples of this.
-Misbehaves at school.
-Misbehaves at home.
-Eats excessively or too little.
-Eats goth-related foods. Count Chocula cereal is an example of this.
( ?!?! )
-Drinks blood or expresses an interest in drinking blood. (Vampires believe this is how to attain Satan. This act is very dangerous and should be stopped immediately.) (I'm not crossing this out because I don't mind the taste of it, but I don't "drink" it... I suck on any open cuts that I may get)
-Watches cable television or any other corrupted media
sources. (Ask your local church for proper programs that your child may watch.)
-Plays videos games that contains violence or role-playing nature.
-Uses the internet excessively and frequently makes time for the computer.
-Makes Satanic symbols and/or violently shakes head to music.
-Dances to music in a provocative manner.
-Is homosexual and/or bisexual.
-Pursues dangerous cult religions. Such include: Satanism, Scientology, Philosophy,
Paganism, Wicca, Hinduism and Buddhism.
-Wears pins, stickers or anything else that contains these various phrases: "I'm so gothic, I'm dead", "woe is me", "I'm a goth".
-Claims to be a goth.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:17 pm
Gee. I thought that I was too old to be gothic, but according to this, my parents need to intervene immediately. That should be interesting, since they've both been dead for many years.

rolleyes  

Miss_Spell

Miss_Spell

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:20 pm
So bathing in the sun and risking melanoma is the good, Christian thing to do? Does that mean all of us fair complected people are really vampires dedicated to Satan instead of health concious and sane?

"Dislikes sunlight or any other form of light. (This pertains to
vampires promoting the idea that His light is of no use.) (I don't dislike sunlight for it being sunlight... I just don't like how bright it is. I love bathing in the rays though) "

Puhleeze! rofl  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:08 pm
Lately I've taken a random interest into the devellopment of goth culture, and I've found out something interesting.

Pretty much for a band to be called "goth" they can't claim to be goth. Look at Bauhaus. They pretty much started the whole movement, but son't consider themselves goth.

Now would this work with individuals to? A friend of mine at work continually cliams that I'm a goth. I do wear darker colours, but not exclusively. I have a trenchcoat, but they're just fun, and are damn warmer than other coats.

And also I got a 200$ one for 60...

To get back to my point, going by goth doctrines, would my vehement denies of gothship thus make me a goth?  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:52 am
Not in my book- a goth isn't defined by clothes or musical style. It's defined by a true interest in death and related topics (for me, at least).  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:16 pm
Jameta
Not in my book- a goth isn't defined by clothes or musical style. It's defined by a true interest in death and related topics (for me, at least).
eek Oh, you could piss off so many people by saying that in the wrong context...

For a while, before calling themselves goths, they called themselves the New Romantics, as in the Romantic period. As for the Goth term, look back at the style of architecture (stained glass windows, hint hint) and how that figured in the Romantic era.

If death factors in, it has to do with their interpretation of it. Not a simple fascination of "hey, let's kill things and watch them die"  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:16 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
Jameta
eek Oh, you could piss off so many people by saying that in the wrong context...

For a while, before calling themselves goths, they called themselves the New Romantics, as in the Romantic period. As for the Goth term, look back at the style of architecture (stained glass windows, hint hint) and how that figured in the Romantic era.

If death factors in, it has to do with their interpretation of it. Not a simple fascination of "hey, let's kill things and watch them die"
razz I was givign a simple opinion- I do acknowledge that:

1. The first Goths as being originally a Germanic tribe.
2. The term is used to describe a type of architecture poper in Medieval-Renaissance Europe.
3. The Victorians were the first to get more of the current movement started.

It is the Victorians I try to base my understanding on, where they did have a fascination with the propcess and interpretation, not just killing people.

Although killing was happening, still happening, and, at times, intriguing. mrgreen

So yes, I'm not being a dummy. Simply... well, simple. I thought you guys might like a break. blaugh wink  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:25 pm
Jameta
Nihilistic Seraph
Jameta

razz I was givign a simple opinion- I do acknowledge that:

1. The first Goths as being originally a Germanic tribe.
2. The term is used to describe a type of architecture poper in Medieval-Renaissance Europe.
3. The Victorians were the first to get more of the current movement started.

It is the Victorians I try to base my understanding on, where they did have a fascination with the propcess and interpretation, not just killing people.

Although killing was happening, still happening, and, at times, intriguing. mrgreen

So yes, I'm not being a dummy. Simply... well, simple. I thought you guys might like a break. blaugh wink
Now that essays pressure is one and I'm spasmically goofing off writng my french presentation, I'm all set to be intellectual on Gaia again ^.^ 3nodding  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Diabolicael

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:48 am
Quote:
Recently a flyer from a local church was sent around with this message, here it is in full.

If Your Child is a Gothic, Reform Through the Lord!
Listed below are some warning signs to indicate if your
child may have gone astray from the Lord.

Gothic (or goth) is a very obscure and often dangerous
culture that young teenagers are prone to participating in. The gothic culture leads young, susceptible minds into an imagined world of evil,darkness, and violence. Please seek immediate attention through counselling, prayer,
and parental guidance to rid your child of Satan's temptations if five or more of the following are applicable to your child:

-Frequently wears black clothing.
-Wears band and/or rock t-shirts.
-Wears excessive black eye makeup, lipstick or nailpolish.
-Wears any odd, silver jewelry or symbols. Some of these include:
reversed crosses, pentagrams, pentacles, ankhs or various
other Satanic worshipping symbols.
-Shows an interest in piercings or tattoos.
-Listens to gothic or any other anti-social genres of
music. (Marilyn Manson claims to be the anti-Christ, and publicly speaks
against the Lord. Please discard any such albums IMMEDIATELY.)
-Associates with other people that dress, act or speak
eccentrically.
-Shows a declining interest in wholesome activities, such
as: the Bible, prayer, church or sports.
-Shows an increasing interest in death, vampires, magic,
the occult, witchcraft or anything else that involves Satan.
-Takes drugs.
-Drinks alcohol.
-Is suicidal and/or depressed.
-Cuts, burns or partakes in any other method of self-mutilation. (This is a Satanic ritual that uses pain to detract from the light of God and
His love. Please seek immediate attention for this at your local mental health center.)
-Complains of boredom.
-Sleeps too excessively or too little.
-Is excessively awake during the night.
-Dislikes sunlight or any other form of light. (This pertains to
vampires promoting the idea that His light is of no use.)
-Demands an unusual amount of privacy.
-Spends large amounts of time alone.
-Requests time alone and quietness. (This is so that your child may speak to evil sprits.)
-Insists on spending time with friends while unaccompanied by an adult.
-Disregards authority figures; teachers, priests, nuns and
elders are but a few examples of this.
-Misbehaves at school.
-Misbehaves at home.
-Eats excessively or too little.
-Eats goth-related foods. Count Chocula cereal is an example of this.
-Drinks blood or expresses an interest in drinking blood.
(Vampires believe this is how to attain Satan. This act is very dangerous and should be stopped immediately.)
-Watches cable television or any other corrupted media
sources. (Ask your local church for proper programs that your child may watch.)
-Plays videos games that contains violence or role-playing nature.
-Uses the internet excessively and frequently makes time for the computer.
-Makes Satanic symbols and/or violently shakes head to music.
-Dances to music in a provocative manner.
-Is homosexual and/or bisexual.
-Pursues dangerous cult religions. Such include: Satanism, Scientology, Philosophy, Paganism, Wicca, Hinduism and Buddhism.
-Wears pins, stickers or anything else that contains these various phrases: "I'm so gothic, I'm dead", "woe is me", "I'm a goth".
-Claims to be a goth.

If five or more of these apply to your child, please intervene immediately. The gothic culture is dangerous and Satan thrives within it. If any of these problems persist, enlist your child into your local mental health center.

Original Link: If Your Child is a Gothic, Reform Through the Lord!

no offense intended, but... why are christians so stupid? this list applies to every teenager alive in the US today. every teenager does atleast five of the things on the list. plus, the subjective nature of alot of the items makes it something of a with hunt. "frequently wears black clothing"? "demands unusual amounts of privacy"? what would a "usual amount of privacy" be? none? "easts/sleeps too much or too little?"

and when these people's kids dont want to be like them, they cant figure out why.... its exastperating...

not to mention that most of the items on the list have NOTHING to do with being goth at all.  
S.P.A.M. : Spacious Pocket of Absolute Miscellaneous-ness

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff