Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
It's the end ((what are your thoughts)) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:08 pm
DarkWolfLove
How come you still believe?
That's the problem I have.
There isn't any real proof that they exist and so because of my scientific mind, I can't believe in something that doesn't have proof.
I'm struggling with what I want to believe.
I want something to follow and believe in, but the lack of true proof won't let me.

That's actually a good question. I do tend to be kind of cynical and "I'll believe it when I see it" about a lot of things, but as far as religious beliefs. . . I don't know. I can't explain why I believe, really. I've done a lot of reading/studying about various religions over the years (god, that makes me sound old X3), and it really is just a personal belief of mine, that there is something more out there. I will most likely never know for sure, but it makes me feel. . . content, I think is the word I'm looking for. It makes me feel content to believe.

That said, please don't think that having faith and having an analytical mind are mutually exclusive. It's true that faith is an intangible thing that takes a lot of trust and, well, faith, but I feel you should be questioning what path you feel you should take. Read everything you can, and never stop learning. Questioning is the best thing someone can do about faith/religion/what have you; if your faith doesn't stand up to questioning, maybe it's not the right path for you (generic "you" here, not aimed at anyone specific).

@Erik: That's a good way to do it, I think. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:16 pm
Sunegami
DarkWolfLove
There isn't any real proof that they exist and so because of my scientific mind, I can't believe in something that doesn't have proof.
I want something to follow and believe in, but the lack of true proof won't let me.

That's actually a good question. I do tend to be kind of cynical and "I'll believe it when I see it" about a lot of things, but as far as religious beliefs. . . I don't know. I can't explain why I believe, really. I've done a lot of reading/studying about various religions over the years (god, that makes me sound old X3), and it really is just a personal belief of mine, that there is something more out there. I will most likely never know for sure, but it makes me feel. . . content, I think is the word I'm looking for. It makes me feel content to believe.

That said, please don't think that having faith and having an analytical mind are mutually exclusive. It's true that faith is an intangible thing that takes a lot of trust and, well, faith, but I feel you should be questioning what path you feel you should take. Read everything you can, and never stop learning. Questioning is the best thing someone can do about faith/religion/what have you; if your faith doesn't stand up to questioning, maybe it's not the right path for you (generic "you" here, not aimed at anyone specific).

@Erik: That's a good way to do it, I think. 3nodding

I've done lots of looking around and studying and I was really into Wicca for a while, but that too takes a lot of faith into the Life Tree and the Goddess and a lot of stuff I couldn't wrap my mind around.
I loved the idea that we continue to live even after death, just in another form, we just don't remember.
But I want to remember, I want to stay in the life I have.
So a lot of my struggles have been with the afterlife.
And there's no tangible proof for something like that because no one knows.
I'll tell you, I'm pretty jealous of your contentedness.
^^;

DarkWolfLove

Toothsome Werewolf

14,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200

DarkWolfLove

Toothsome Werewolf

14,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:18 pm
[-Erik-]
DarkWolfLove
Sunegami
And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why I am barely active in this guild anymore. No wonder it's no longer called the "ADULT Furry Guild", if some people here can't stop acting like immature children. stare

Also, to stay on topic, I am an agnostic pantheist; I believe that we can't know for 100% fact that any type of deities exist, but I personally choose to believe that they do.

That is all. Back to lurking.

I happen to have the same problem.

That is why I choose to believe in nothing while giving everything a chance to be truth. Who knows? Maybe tomorrow something EPIC that will happen. Something epic enough to make me believe.

Yeah, I try to give everything a chance, but it's difficult when the people sporting their beliefs aren't so nice.
Hard to get into a belief where the people are surly and rude.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:20 pm
Actually erik, your the one that needs to get out of here.

Honestly, all your doing is Flaming all you HAVE been doing is FLAMING.
You have not once given a Valid argument.
You have not once made a single bit of sense.

twisted

"I know you're angry because you're not a man but you don't have to be a b***h to us over your christian mom disapproving your wiccan beliefs."

ORLY?

Since when Have I said I was wiccan?
Since when have I been bitching?

The only thing I've done is point out Facts, not bitched but pointed out WHY christianity is invalid.

All you've done is hide behind Garek and spouted your bullshit.
So how bout' you go back to sucking Garek's d**k. mmmmk?

Same thing to everyone' else I have not flamed but pointed out your religions flaws, and I will do so as I please, your Accusations against me are pathetic.

"OMG, my how could he! I want to rage omg omg!"
"He make me shame to be in guild!"

rolleyes

Really now? How about you the real children get off the INTERNET and go back to wearing your ******** diapers and learning your A.B.C's mmmk?
Cause honestly, your beyond mentally retarded, you are the deffinition of mentally retarded did I say mentally retarded? I meant to say B I T C H that wants everything their way. HAHA!!!  

Xx_Hanyuu-San_xX

2,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Informer 100

DarkWolfLove

Toothsome Werewolf

14,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:27 pm
Hanyuu, I sincerely want you out of this thread and possibly out of this Guild.
All you've done is insult left and right.
I even said I have no religion, yet you're stickin' to your guns which are wrong in the first place.
Please, leave this thread alone for good.
You're not doing anything good here, so why stay.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:31 pm
DarkWolfLove
I've done lots of looking around and studying and I was really into Wicca for a while, but that too takes a lot of faith into the Life Tree and the Goddess and a lot of stuff I couldn't wrap my mind around.
I loved the idea that we continue to live even after death, just in another form, we just don't remember.
^^;

If you're interested, there's a guild that gives info on many pagan religions: The Pagan Fluffy Rehab Center. The members there are all really knowledgeable. 3nodding

To be perfectly honest, it took me a long time to reach this level of surety with my spiritual beliefs. I was raised as a non-denominational Christian, and one day I realized I only believed in it because of Pascal`s Wager (yea, I know, it's a wiki link, but it has the most concise explanation); once I realized that, I was free to pursue what I felt to be my personal spiritual truth. It was a big load off my mind.

Also, can everyone please not respond to Hanyuu anymore until she decides to play nice? Let's be the adults here.  

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200

DarkWolfLove

Toothsome Werewolf

14,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:15 pm
Sunegami
DarkWolfLove
^^;

If you're interested, there's a guild that gives info on many pagan religions: The Pagan Fluffy Rehab Center. The members there are all really knowledgeable. 3nodding

To be perfectly honest, it took me a long time to reach this level of surety with my spiritual beliefs. I was raised as a non-denominational Christian, and one day I realized I only believed in it because of Pascal`s Wager (yea, I know, it's a wiki link, but it has the most concise explanation); once I realized that, I was free to pursue what I felt to be my personal spiritual truth. It was a big load off my mind.

Also, can everyone please not respond to Hanyuu anymore until she decides to play nice? Let's be the adults here.

I'm not really sure I got into Wicca with the right mindset for it anyway.
XP
I know it's all about flexibility and I really like that, but I first got into it for the Magick.
X"P
More and more research showed that it wasn't just about spells, but about faith and believing too.
And without facts, I just don't have that.
For any religion, so I'm stuck.
^^;
I do appreciate the tip though and the suggestion of that guild.
:3

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:16 pm
Xx_Hanyuu-San_xX
i like to drink sperm from me sperm bottle while wearing my sperm collar

Yes, we already know this, Ren.  

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

Jungle Boots

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:57 pm
I dunno i believe that the existance of objective truth is as much dependant on faith as is the existance of spiritual system.

its just that truth has developed to be an absolute necessity in human thought even though in the rawest objective sense it as a concept is nothing but a metaphysical axiom invented/discovered by human reason.

so why not bask in faith and believe whatever seems to make sense in your own intuitive reason.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:02 pm
Jungle Boots
I dunno i believe that the existance of objective truth is as much dependant on faith as is the existance of spiritual system.

its just that truth has developed to be an absolute necessity in human thought even though in the rawest objective sense it as a concept is nothing but a metaphysical axiom invented/discovered by human reason.

so why not bask in faith and believe whatever seems to make sense in your own intuitive reason.

Because the only thing that makes sense to my reason is tangible proof.
I can't have faith blindly.
My mind just doesn't work that way.
It's not a good thing, to me it's more of a bad thing.
I want to believe without proof and pure faith because it makes people happy.
But I can't.
And I'm not happy the way I am, but I can't change it with the way things are now.

DarkWolfLove

Toothsome Werewolf

14,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:52 pm
Jungle Boots

Well, some people require more than just a story about a nice jewish dude that got nailed to a cross or a book that fell from the sky.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:55 pm
Any form of religion or theology I think is going to be highly dependent on the person's personal experience for their proof. For example I believe the way I do (Christianity) because of many personal and I believe supernatural experiences. I did break off and try other religions, and even non-religions during my high school years but came back for a variety of reasons, and I feel my life's been better off since. It gives me purpose I think, and also the serious bashing that it takes over the net I feel as made me a stronger person.

I like what Sunegami said too about how faith and analytical thinking aren't mutually exclusive. I'm always searching through history, Hebrew culture and the Bible for more reasons to believe what I do. There's no faith like a firm faith. :3

I agree, it's probably best to ignore Hanyuu at this point since she's resorted to trolling. I trust Garek will implement disciplinary measures once he gets online/has time.  

Zuri-kai

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:31 pm
Xx_Hanyuu-San_xX
Ban's, warnings' don't scare me, Gaia' is a s**t hole' these days and this guild is practically dead, you think I give one measly ********? oh that's right your' a not a furry so you wouldn't know jack s**t about it! haha,

This is partly why Hanyuu is now banned.

On request, the thread will remain open.
Please do not use this as an opportunity to hurl insults at someone who cannot reply.
Just because I smile at some of them doesn't mean they're okay!

Sunegami
And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why I am barely active in this guild anymore. No wonder it's no longer called the "ADULT Furry Guild", if some people here can't stop acting like immature children. stare

Sorry about this Sune. I thought I'd give Hanyuu a second chance...well, third chance sorta. My mistake.

----------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------------------------

Xx_Hanyuu-San_xX
So how bout' you (Erik) go back to sucking Garek's d**k. mmmmk?

Yes, Erik, why don't you? twisted

[-Erik-]
you won't escape my girth,

I give reach arounds. wink  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:53 pm
Garek, I am going to introduce you to my Pterodactyl friend, he will ptero you a new a-hole mad mad mad mad

heart  

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

Zuri-kai

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:00 pm
/me is glad the thread can get back to civilized discussion. Thanks Garek.
lol, you seem awfully excited to get some action from Erik though. I'm not sure if I should be concerned or not. XD  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff