Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Sixth Year Classes
Alchemy IV ~ (1/4) Open! (Dormir) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:59 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxTheo Gibbs
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxGryffindor Sixth Year

"Some are born great, some achieve greatness..."

Theo took a brief moment to listen to what he still would call League, not really caring at all that he now bore a different name. "Dude, I really don't care what your name is. ," he said coldly, a smirk on his face. "Nor does your opinion bear any...weight in my mind. If I even cared remotely to know the reasons behind your blatant dislike of me, I really would've asked." Theo had decided to silence himself after, due to the fact that Amorocho had interfered...to which the professor was somebody that Theo respected, which was a rarity. Moving on, he looked toward Tanya, knowing that League had at that point offered, but Theo didn't care. Calming himself a bit from what had just happened, he started to speak to her.

"I guess I'll perform the spell on you," he said, shrugging his shoulder. He would make sure to do it well however, for he didn't want anyone to get hurt...okay, maybe he wanted League to get hurt...but that he would've achieved by punching the boy rather than misfiring on a spell, which is probably the route he would've taken. Standing up from his desk, he went to perform the spell. "Dormir," he said, emphasizing the pronunciation to get it right. He had gotten it...and it was a good cast. Not perfect...but good enough...well, it seemed. He looked over the now hopefully dazed Tanya and began to speak.

"Stand up," he said aloud, wondering what the result of it would be. "Do a spin." He added this afterward, hoping she would perform this as well. "And lastly...raise your leg."

As he finished with his three commands, he said the spell once again, waving his wand in the necessary movements. "Dormir," he said, aloud, expecting Tanya to leave her trance and forget what had just happened. His spell to end the trance he did make sure to perform as well as possible.

"And some have greatness thrust upon them"

mc2

Yukina101

(OOC: Sorry this took so long...Swamped with work again this week)  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:39 am
User ImageXXXXXXXXXXUser Image

XXXXXⒽⓐⓛⓕⓑⓛⓞⓞⓓXXXXXPre fectXXXXX⒟⒜⒯⒤⒩⒢ Echo Lovette

All my friends, they’re different people
Anxious like the ocean in a storm
When we go out, yeah, we’re electric
Coursing through our bodies ’til we’re one

If Tanya merely rolled her eyes when David told her that sarcasm wasn't needed, it bloody well was when the alternative was to smack both of them. Merlin, they acted like they were the only two people on the whole planet that hated each other and were busy arguing over who hated each other more. It was maddening! Thankfully before she could actually lose her temper, Professor Amorocho stepped in and, to put it nicely, put his boot in both of their arses before basically telling them to suck it up and play nicely. If there was a God, Amorocho was surely an Angel. Thankfully it seemed his little talk worked since Theo finally stood to cast the spell on her making her force herself to relax and think that if she did fall unconscious from hitting the classroom floor, at least she wouldn't have to listen to those two squabbling. Plus she'd get cuddles from Echo and who didn't want that?! Thankfully, or not however you look at it, the spell worked and her mind went completely blank. She didn't come back, or realize that she was back, until she saw she was standing on just one foot making her wonder what he had made her do. Shaking her head to release the last of the fogginess she looked back at David expectantly. "Did you get everything? Then I'd like to practice on you if you don't mind." Tanya told him, really just wanting to keep the two males separate for as long as she could.

mc2

RedEagleEye007

I said ooh, ooh
You got me in the mood, mood
I’m scared
But if my heart’s gonna break before the night will end
I said, ooh, ooh we’re in danger
Sleeping with a friend, sleeping with a friend

UniformWhere: Alchemy ClassroomWith: ClassThinking: Ugh, bastards! The both of them!OOC

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:32 pm
User Image
David Sinclair Avery
[Ravenclaw]
Formerly: David Sinclair League
Named Heir of the Avery Family
6th Year Ravenclaw Prefect
Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
Born: December 25, 2012
Dating Leonette Mitchell

Properly>

David glared at Theo as he had the audacity to address him as 'dude' and went on to say he didn't care what his name was. There was a point where you crossed the line from being merely rude or expressing your hatred or dislike towards someone-not that David cared anymore about Theo's dislike of him than Theo cared about David's dislike of him-to being purely obnoxious. David raised a brow at Theo's smirk before rolling his eyes at the thought of Theo having a mind that would actually be bothered or weighed by anything, especially anyone's opinion. Beyond professors-and even that was limited-David had yet to actually see what he considered any inkling of actually listening or acknowledging the existence of anyone's voiced opinion or knowledge of something. Who knew, maybe the moron had some secret dept to him that no one knew. David doubted it and quite frankly he didn't care: the guy was still careless and lazy and squandered any natural talent he may have by being such traits.

David picked up his quill as Professor Amorocho intervened and said nothing as the head of his house snapped at him and Theo both about being able to communicate in a polite and respectful manner. David would have argued he'd be respectful when someone actually deserved respect-and Theo had yet to-but David was at least smart enough to know some things were best not said. David flicked his glance to Theo as Theo spoke up and said that he supposed he would perform the spell on Tanya, and David nodded, glancing to the parchment in front of him and waited until Theo began by standing and casting the Dormir spell before giving clear instructions that began with a simple 'stand up' and then to more nonsensical orders such as 'do a spin' and 'raise your leg', which Tanya followed in a trance, before Theo ended the spell.

All the while David made extensive notes, his hand not pausing till a few moments after Tanya had shook her head seeming to snap out of the trance she had been in and looked at him expectantly and demanded if he got everything and then said that she'd like to practice on him if he didn't mind. Setting his quill down, he raised a brow at Tanya as if to ask if she was joking and waved a hand at small exact handwriting of detailed notes that went on for at least half a foot. "I'd reckon I got anything any other outside observer could gather. I'm sure both you and Theo would be able to add a few extra details that I would have missed from my position," He said dryly. "I can write out an additional copy tonight for each of you and give it to you in the next class I see each of you."

Sighing he handed the piece of parchment he had been working on over to Theo as well as a blank sheet and the quill he had been using, before leaning back and folding his hands in front of him on the table and said, "Go ahead, Miss Cherri." He closed his eyes for a moment before taking a long breath as he waited, deciding that of his peers that Tanya was one of the more trustworthy ones to be stuck under. He might not be Tanya's favorite person-he doubted he was anyone's really- but she always did act with care and ethics from what David had ever observed, which counted for a great deal.

User Image

Yukina101
RedEagleEye007

{OOC}

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:30 pm
User ImageXXXXXXXXXXUser Image

XXXXXⒽⓐⓛⓕⓑⓛⓞⓞⓓXXXXXPre fectXXXXX⒟⒜⒯⒤⒩⒢ Echo Lovette

All my friends, they’re different people
Anxious like the ocean in a storm
When we go out, yeah, we’re electric
Coursing through our bodies ’til we’re one

If Tanya snorted at David as he rattled off about his notes when a simple "yes I have it" would've worked but was he ever just simple? Nope, of course not. However when he mentioned he could make a copy for the both of them she gave him a small smile of gratitude and a nod. He might be a cyborg impersonating a human but at least he was a very detailed and annotated cyborg. She waited patiently as he passed off his notes to Theo and then went and stood before her waiting for the spell to hit. She took a few calming breaths and tried not to think of him falling over with blood gushing from his head wound because head wounds always bleed the worse...none of this was helping in the slightest. Taking another breath she bent her elbow back and did the swooping motion and consequent thrust and said the charm, "Dormir." A soft sigh escaped her when she saw the mist surround David and dissipate and thought about what she wanted to make the Ravenclaw do. "Scratch your head." She told him clearly waiting to see if he would do it. "Stop and raise your hand." She told him after a couple of seconds trying to think of one last thing she could make him do. The hard part of the spell was that the actions had to be things he would do without coercion and she didn't really know a lot of things he did or didn't do. It wasn't like she watched him every minute of every day! "Take off your shoes." Tanya finally said almost as an afterthought. It was something he more than likely did daily and it wasn't so odd that he would refuse it. Hopefully.

mc2

RedEagleEye007

I said ooh, ooh
You got me in the mood, mood
I’m scared
But if my heart’s gonna break before the night will end
I said, ooh, ooh we’re in danger
Sleeping with a friend, sleeping with a friend

UniformWhere: Alchemy ClassroomWith: ClassThinking: UhhhhOOC

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:50 am
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxTheo Gibbs
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxGryffindor Sixth Year

"Some are born great, some achieve greatness..."

Theo got handed a few notes, looking at the handwriting on the page. He definitely should let David write the notes more often because if there was one thing Theo could admit, he had ace handwriting for sure. But now it was his turn to do the notes, to which he took the what David had been writing with and began to write, his handwriting not being nearly as neat, but legible nonetheless. He watched as Tanya had ran through a few actions for the now dazed David to do. Every part of him wanted to add something, like go do jumping jacks in the prefects bathroom, or something stupid along those lines, but he bit his tongue. Why? Because he didn't want to ruin Tanya's spell, because it seemed to be working.

Writing down everything the girl made the kid do, he wondered if he was going to listen. He was sure he would, but hey, Theo could be wrong.

"And some have greatness thrust upon them"

mc2

Yukina101

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:21 pm
User Image
David Sinclair Avery
[Ravenclaw]
Formerly: David Sinclair League
Named Heir of the Avery Family
6th Year Ravenclaw Prefect
Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
Born: December 25, 2012
Dating Leonette Mitchell

Properly>

David tried to remain relaxed as a mist settled around him and he reminded himself that Tanya was competent enough and it wasn't like it would work if she thought up something that went completely against his beliefs or habits. And that was his last thought as his mind fell into a fog and then cleared to blackness. Or at least his active part of his mind. Meanwhile his hand first followed her orders, nothing particularly elaborate in scratching his head but a subtle scratch of his forehead as a natural expression as if one's forehead itched slightly. And then, he raised his hand as if to answer a question-something he had done hundreds of times up to this point. After all he was always quick to add something to lectures... be it a well meaning question or one others' didn't want to hear... or be it his own criticisms (which he was fairly sure no one wanted to hear, he just voiced them anyways because he didn't care what they thought). Finally as his mind cleared he found his hand lingering above his shoes taken off and placed neatly in front of him.

David raised a brow at Tanya as his mind sharpened, before he shook his head, "Take off my shoes? Really, Tanya... for some reason I never exactly pictured you as one with a foot fetish. I almost feel bad for Echo having to put up with that if that is the case..." Shaking his head he slipped his feet back into his shoes and tied them and said, "Anyways, I assume dormir is a bit like muggle hypnotism... if you knew about it ahead of time and really didn't want to fall under its effects and fought it you probably would pretty easily break it off."

He shrugged, "Unless either of you have a different opinion as you were both subjects of it as well." David seemed to have forgotten, or ignored the fact that he was the only one in the group who had yet to attempt to use the spell. Granted, David had no interest at ever trying to manipulate another using magic... it seemed wrong and perverse. Then again he was pretty sure he had an oddly strict and warped sense of what was right and what was wrong.

User Image

Yukina101
RedEagleEye007

{OOC}

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:04 am
Professor of Alchemy
..........Ravenclaw Head of House
"The cycle of life only goes one direction,
not even alchemy can change that."

╔══════════════╗
Alchemy IV
Lesson Three: Frango Frigus
Wedneday, Block Four, 11:00am to 11:45am

╚══════════════╝

After a short break, Angel entered his classroom with a whimsical hop to his step and an apple in his hand. With the wave of his wand, the directions for the days lesson appeared on the blackboard located at the front of the classroom. "Today, we will learn a charm that is especially useful in potioneering, and, in ancient times, had been used as a means to acquire fresh water which at times can be a scarce thing, but vital in every aspect. The spell, frango frigus, allows frozen water to shatter, but when it does, it doesn't act as an explosion. It's such a subtle change, you can barely even hear it, but it will cause frozen solid chunks of ice to break into a million, almost shaven pieces of ice, and it would rapidly increase the meltdown rate of the water without losing any through evaporation or giving away your location.” He nodded simply, then retracted his wand from his pocket and gave it a little wave. Cauldrons had been summoned to the students' desk's, two per student. "If you'll notice, I've summoned two cauldrons of ice to your desk. The first cauldron, I would like you to melt the ice with an incendio charm, the other, I would like you to practice the frango frigus spell, and compare the amount of water lost in both processes. Once you've copied your notes, you may begin."

The Board
turn to page 14 in your textbooks

Juan Angel Amorocho
User Image User Image User Image

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 7:00 pm
Professor of Alchemy

╔══════════════╗
Alchemy IV
Lesson One: Dormir Spell

╚══════════════╝

Long, dutiful strides carried the Hispanic professor of alchemy to the front of his classroom with his wand in hand, a simple swish, and the familiar script of the professor suddenly scribbled a spell and its directions on the board. ”Welcome to Alchemy IV,.” He repeated for the fifth time that week with a generous smile on his lips. ” this class we’re going to learn a rather complicated spell due to its lasting effects on the mind. The wand-work is quite complicated, but the pronunciation is moderate, just watch me, DOR-meed.” He recited, and emphasized the movements of his wand for the class to watch and learn. "Now, on the chalkboard you'll find the page number in your textbooks. Please, keep in mind, that the only way to release your hold without blacking out, would be too repeat the spell as though you’re doing it again. And, don't be scared to have fun with it, either.

“Once you’ve completed your reading on the chapter, I’ll need a volunteer to perform a short demonstration before you pair off and begin practicing. Si?”
He nodded, motioned for the students to begin reading as he lounged against the front of his desk and waited and for a brave volunteer.

Quote:
Turn to Page Fourteen in your textbooks

Juan Angel Amorocho

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 9:59 am
User Image

User ImageUser Image Location: Alchemy IV - Wednesday @ 1:00am

Jasper walked into alchemy content on the fact that lunch would be soon and then he’d have an afternoon from hell. Why they’d have three classes back to back was beyond him but he’d simply bare it for the next ten months. Taking a seat he waited for class to begin. Seeing the spell on the board, Jasper turned to the page on it and recalled that the spell was simply mind magic, a spell version to what he’d be learning in his other class. Only difference was if you didn’t know the person it wouldn’t go over very well.

Paying attention to Professor Angel’s pronunciation and the wand movement Jasper wondered how this would go. Once done take down notes and reading over the chapter, he raised his hand. “I’ll volunteer.” He said figuring he might as well try being more out there in class. Granted he was hardly the type.

With: Professor Angel

Wearing: Hufflepuff Uniform

OOC: ---

You have the intellect of a Ravenclaw,
And the protective spirit of a Gryffindor.
However, if you are sure about being with Alice, then...
Hufflepuff!

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 10:56 pm
User Image

Iñigo Albion-Alexandré

16|Sixth Year|Ravenclaw|Seer

"The best way to keep something bad from happening is to see it ahead of time..."

Iñigo had walked into class, half-expecting his Lexine to already be in there, but much to his surprise, she wasn't. But, fortunately for him, Jasper was already in there; so he definitely knew where to sit. Sitting next to his buddy Jasper, he said 'hi' and then jokingly said, "Wow, for once, we beat Lex here." He casually chuckled as he said it, knowing that it was usually Lexine beating them there. It was actually weird to not see her in class when he came in. He usually could definitively say where he would be sitting because of it.

And his Head of house started his lesson, Iñigo paid keen attention to it. He enjoyed Alchemy, loving the premise behind the Alchemists way of life. What they fought so hard to find and whatnot. It all just made him...interested. Plus, Amorocho was another Spaniard...so really, Iñigo might've had a little bias towards the professor as well, since they spoke the same second langauge...well, he thought the professor did. He could've been one of those who didn't.

As the lesson went on, he was surprised to hear what they were learning. And luckily, Iñigo had Lexine and Jasper in the class...two people that he trusted very much and would be comfortable letting perform the spell on him. Iñigo was about to volunteer though, but Jasper went to it...so he definitely would let him. Iñigo just thought no one would raise their hand, but Jasper did; so he wouldn't be the one taking the brunt of the spell. He watched intently on what was about to go down.

"and you can't see it if you refuse to face the possibility."

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 4:58 pm
        User Image

Lexine walked into Alchemy just in time to hear Iñigo comment about them having got here before her. She sat herself beside Iñigo, nudging him a bit. "Eh, don't expect that to happen all the time." Lexine murmured, smiling over at him. "I nearly forgot my things for Cursebreaking, though..." She sighed, leaning forward onto the table, propping her head up with her hands. She wasn't excited to, after Alchemy, have to run to Cursebreaking, and then to Wandless Magic Practise. She was just glad she'd decided against taking Ghoul and Ghost Studies, or she'd have had four classes in a row...no, instead she had three, which was less than four, but still far too many than Lexine would rather have.

As class started, Lexine paid close attention to the lesson. Alchemy was easily one of her very favourite classes, and not just because Professor Amorocho was one of her favourite teachers. They were learning about a charm that would be dealing with the mind. Lexine wasn't really all-for doing things with someone else's mind, and she really wasn't up for someone to go screwing with her mind. Dormir. Lexine did the quick reading of the text, writing a few notes into the margins with a pencil before leaning forward and looking over the classroom. As soon as they were all finished, Lexine was glad Jasper had volunteered, because she certainly wouldn't have...

User Image
        murruelecreuset

RedEagleEye007

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 5:42 pm
Smile, the worst is yet to come.
We'll be lucky if we ever see the sun.
Got nowhere to go, we could be here for a while...
But the future is forgiven, so smile.
We're trying so hard to get it all right-
But only feel lonely at the end of the night.
And I wanna be somewhere away from this place...
Yeah, somewhere just a little closer to grace.

User Image
E L E A Z A R
D R A V E N
B R A D L E Y

RavenclawSixth YearHalfbloodAdopted

Alchemy had always been one of Eleazar's favorite classes, and he was glad to be back in it. He was glad to be back at Hogwarts, period. Regardless, he wasn't about to volunteer. The spell sounded like an extremely neutered version of imperio to him. Should he consider himself well acquainted with Unforgivables by now? He preoccupied himself with taking needlessly lengthy notes and stressed about who he was going to partner up with, seeing as his list of friends was hardly overflowing. Actually, it was empty. He was pretty sure it'd always been empty.

OOC:
Username

And time will eventually knock on my door,
And tell me I'm not needed around anymore.
But he'll hold me so close at the end of the day...
When I'm quiet I can nearly hear him say;
Smile, the worst is yet to come.
We'll be lucky if we ever see the sun.
Got nowhere to turn, and we've got nothing but time-
But the future is forever, so smile, smile, smile...

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:33 am
Professor of Alchemy

╔══════════════╗
Alchemy IV

╚══════════════╝

Long, dutiful strides carried the Hispanic professor of alchemy to the front of his classroom with his wand in hand, a simple swish, and the familiar script of the professor suddenly scribbled a spell and its directions on the board. ”Welcome to Alchemy IV,.” He repeated for the fifth time that week with a generous smile on his lips. ” this class we’re going to learn a rather complicated spell due to its lasting effects on the mind. The wand-work is quite complicated, but the pronunciation is moderate, just watch me, DOR-meed.” He recited, and emphasized the movements of his wand for the class to watch and learn. "Now, on the chalkboard you'll find the page number in your textbooks. Please, keep in mind, that the only way to release your hold without blacking out, would be too repeat the spell as though you’re doing it again. And, don't be scared to have fun with it, either.

“Once you’ve completed your reading on the chapter, I’ll need a volunteer to perform a short demonstration before you pair off and begin practicing. Si?”
He nodded, motioned for the students to begin reading as he lounged against the front of his desk and waited and for a brave volunteer.

Quote:

Juan Angel Amorocho

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:15 pm
Professor of Alchemy

╔══════════════╗
Alchemy IV

╚══════════════╝

Quote:

Juan Angel Amorocho

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
Sixth Year Classes