Welcome to Gaia! ::

Digimon: Tamer Island Guild

Back to Guilds

#1 Digimon Guild where you can actually be a Tamer with your very own Digimon. 

Tags: Digimon, Tamer, Island, Digimon Tamer, Tamer Island 

Reply DigiLine (Tamer Profile Forum)
Orre Champion Monty -Shakamon's Ambasador- Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blademaster Banryu

Dapper Gekko

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:21 pm
-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Blademaster Banryu

...and which also lacks a proper search function. Dx Good god, that always drives me nuts... And yeah, I know where DMA pulls their stuff from, I've seen it... It's just... some of these sources I find to be a little.... inconsistent in credibility, shall we say? >.0? For instance: Digimon Dawn/Dusk. While I loved the game, I think whoever designed the Digivolution chains was smoking something, they make so little sense (well, some, not all, to be fair).

-InsertEgoHere- Liger
And Unexpected takes all the results that could possibly occur from a single digimon (as referred to by DMA) and then uses dice to determine how high of a rank (normal, limited, restricted, etc) the digimon can go. and then use number generation to decide which one the tamer gets, that way there is zero bias opinion in what the person gets.

....buuut you also don't get to choose what you get....? That seems a little odd to me. :0 Suppose I want something that's actually lower-ranked, but I roll something higher? And I don't get a choice in the matter? Dunno if I like the sound of that... hopefully I can avoid resorting to that. e___X

Hence the reason it's call unexpected. In a digital sense, it is us taking the digital code of a digimon and completely jumbling it up for a completely random result that is made specifically for those that aren't exactly sure what they're looking for in a digimon or want to take a gamble at getting a digimon that doesn't have a "known" lower stage.

I like DMA and it's gotten the guild by so far with a legitimate system, given the number of devil's advocates are somewhat low in number. Might I ask were you get your "sources" from?

Oh don't get the wrong idea, I think DMA is great. It and its affiliates ARE most of my sources. I just... I think that I look at the evolutions in a different way than the DMA staff do, like I look more at attributes and when Digimon were created and stuff for their genetics and chains and stuff.

...so with the whole random thing, are you telling me that I run the risk of getting like a Numemon or something (from my Betamon) if I don't do a random evo...? Dx  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:24 pm
lief_7
Blademaster Banryu
-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Blademaster Banryu

Ah yeah, I read about that, but I don't quite get it. :0 So what, it's a method of evolving to irregular guys, but you choose them at random....? Wut? Afraid I don't quite grasp it. Mutation though, yeah, I've seen that... that's like what happens in Digimon world where like a Seadramon shifts into an Airdramon or something. Hah, my girlfriend had that happen, then her Airdramon immediately turned into Phoenixmon. =D It sounded pretty sick.

No but actually I was talking about the guys that are considered 'official' according to DMA, like MasterTyrannomon -> Goldramon and anythingnotnamedTankdramon -> Darkdramon.

Well DMA is created based off cross referencing games, tv shows, cards, etc. So truth be told, I'm not quite sure how to make it clear to you, but I can say that each placement is proven through some resource or another. In other words, DMA is just another wiki that looks a bit prettier.

...and which also lacks a proper search function. Dx Good god, that always drives me nuts... And yeah, I know where DMA pulls their stuff from, I've seen it... It's just... some of these sources I find to be a little.... inconsistent in credibility, shall we say? >.0? For instance: Digimon Dawn/Dusk. While I loved the game, I think whoever designed the Digivolution chains was smoking something, they make so little sense (well, some, not all, to be fair).

-InsertEgoHere- Liger
And Unexpected takes all the results that could possibly occur from a single digimon (as referred to by DMA) and then uses dice to determine how high of a rank (normal, limited, restricted, etc) the digimon can go. and then use number generation to decide which one the tamer gets, that way there is zero bias opinion in what the person gets.

....buuut you also don't get to choose what you get....? That seems a little odd to me. :0 Suppose I want something that's actually lower-ranked, but I roll something higher? And I don't get a choice in the matter? Dunno if I like the sound of that... hopefully I can avoid resorting to that. e___X

If it makes you feel any better i've got like 14 or 15 digimon and i've only had to unexpect once and i got what i wanted. I mean it's call unexpectant so you get something you didn't expect so you don't get a choice in it. it's kind of like when Greymon digivolved into Skull Greymon (bad example since that was dark digivolving but..) he didn't expect him to do that but it happened. also, and will argue this as long as i can, digimon don't have lines technically they are a collection of data and can become anything due to any number of cercimstances, the ones listed on DMA are simply the ones that have been observed up until now. no one says Agumon has to go to greymon or Growlmon or anyone on that list, that's just the things he has been seen going to. Digimon are not robots beings with a set path, they grow up and change dependent on choices made during their lives. Yes they are programs but they are not programed for one thing, they have AI meaning each one is different and unique other wise the show would always have the same lines for every digimon. Anyways that's why Unexpectant is a great system and i think it really adds some fun and mystery to your digimon, i figure someone who likes unusual digimon would appreciate that.

Hmm.... that's an interesting perspective on it. I hadn't considered it entirely like that... And granted, I think there should be SOME flexibility with digivolution and stuff, but maybe I look at it a little too seriously and rigidly, hehe... rofl  

Blademaster Banryu

Dapper Gekko

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:27 pm
Blademaster Banryu
lief_7
Blademaster Banryu
-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Blademaster Banryu

Ah yeah, I read about that, but I don't quite get it. :0 So what, it's a method of evolving to irregular guys, but you choose them at random....? Wut? Afraid I don't quite grasp it. Mutation though, yeah, I've seen that... that's like what happens in Digimon world where like a Seadramon shifts into an Airdramon or something. Hah, my girlfriend had that happen, then her Airdramon immediately turned into Phoenixmon. =D It sounded pretty sick.

No but actually I was talking about the guys that are considered 'official' according to DMA, like MasterTyrannomon -> Goldramon and anythingnotnamedTankdramon -> Darkdramon.

Well DMA is created based off cross referencing games, tv shows, cards, etc. So truth be told, I'm not quite sure how to make it clear to you, but I can say that each placement is proven through some resource or another. In other words, DMA is just another wiki that looks a bit prettier.

-InsertEgoHere- Liger

If it makes you feel any better i've got like 14 or 15 digimon and i've only had to unexpect once and i got what i wanted. I mean it's call unexpectant so you get something you didn't expect so you don't get a choice in it. it's kind of like when Greymon digivolved into Skull Greymon (bad example since that was dark digivolving but..) he didn't expect him to do that but it happened. also, and will argue this as long as i can, digimon don't have lines technically they are a collection of data and can become anything due to any number of cercimstances, the ones listed on DMA are simply the ones that have been observed up until now. no one says Agumon has to go to greymon or Growlmon or anyone on that list, that's just the things he has been seen going to. Digimon are not robots beings with a set path, they grow up and change dependent on choices made during their lives. Yes they are programs but they are not programed for one thing, they have AI meaning each one is different and unique other wise the show would always have the same lines for every digimon. Anyways that's why Unexpectant is a great system and i think it really adds some fun and mystery to your digimon, i figure someone who likes unusual digimon would appreciate that.

Hmm.... that's an interesting perspective on it. I hadn't considered it entirely like that... And granted, I think there should be SOME flexibility with digivolution and stuff, but maybe I look at it a little too seriously and rigidly, hehe... rofl

it's kind of a hard concept but it's something i finally realized after years of playing the games and watching the show and then being here and DMA the only logical thing is that in reality any digimon might be able to go into any other digimon at any given point but in DTI we follow the known ones which are the ones listed on DMA, so until that changes that's what we have to accept weather we think it's right or not.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:27 pm
...by the way mr. Orre Champ Monty sorry I'm basically kind of flooding your thread with stuff that has nothing to do with you.... biggrin ''''''  

Blademaster Banryu

Dapper Gekko

Blademaster Banryu

Dapper Gekko

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:29 pm
lief_7
Blademaster Banryu
lief_7
Blademaster Banryu
-InsertEgoHere- Liger

-InsertEgoHere- Liger

it's kind of a hard concept but it's something i finally realized after years of playing the games and watching the show and then being here and DMA the only logical thing is that in reality any digimon might be able to go into any other digimon at any given point but in DTI we follow the known ones which are the ones listed on DMA, so until that changes that's what we have to accept weather we think it's right or not.

....that's pretty much what my girlfriend's been telling me about the personal digivolution guide I've been making. xD The part about anything turning into anything else, that is. =w=  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:30 pm
Blademaster Banryu
lief_7
Blademaster Banryu
lief_7
Blademaster Banryu

....that's pretty much what my girlfriend's been telling me about the personal digivolution guide I've been making. xD The part about anything turning into anything else, that is. =w=

cool, well good luck to you, and who knows maybe Bandai will think you're right and add some of them one day.

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50

Blademaster Banryu

Dapper Gekko

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:34 pm
lief_7
Blademaster Banryu
lief_7
Blademaster Banryu
lief_7
Blademaster Banryu

cool, well good luck to you, and who knows maybe Bandai will think you're right and add some of them one day.

*sigh* Man, I don't even care if Bandai thinks I'm right. x___X I just want them to get consistent with Digimon evolutions and stuff. Dx

...oh wait, that's what you meant, isn't it. biggrin '''' hahaha.
To be fair, I suppose there would be consistency in inconsistency. xD

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:35 pm
Blademaster Banryu

...so with the whole random thing, are you telling me that I run the risk of getting like a Numemon or something (from my Betamon) if I don't do a random evo...? Dx

If you normal digivolve, you will get a Seadramon, but if you do an unexpected digivolve, yes you do run the risk of getting a numemon, but since Numemon finally has a full line and a pretty interesting looking one, I wouldn't say that i was as bad as Digimon World 1 made it seem.  

-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Crew

Married Shapeshifter

14,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Kizadek

Beloved Lunatic

9,325 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:41 pm
Blademaster Banryu
lief_7
Blademaster Banryu
lief_7
Blademaster Banryu

*sigh* Man, I don't even care if Bandai thinks I'm right. x___X I just want them to get consistent with Digimon evolutions and stuff. Dx

...oh wait, that's what you meant, isn't it. biggrin '''' hahaha.
To be fair, I suppose there would be consistency in inconsistency. xD
I will take this statement as "I havent watched any season since 5 and have no clue what kind of inconsistent stuff digimon has become"

but to be honest. I don't mind the new seasons once I got the concept lief just posted down. I like to think there are tendencies for digimon the odds that an agumon turns into a Wargreymon is 50% but you cant tell me that every wargreymon was once an Agumon. who knows maybe it was an armadillomon. Point being I like the fact that it is random. it makes pokemon and digimon totally different. Which is fine by me. I like pokemon, but I would hate to see digimon become pokemon. So an agumon becoming an beelzemon is fine by me as long as there is a system dictating the rules that is free and fair. Sorry fr my mini rant and if it didnt make sense I apologize. I speak in rants.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:41 pm
-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Blademaster Banryu

If you normal digivolve, you will get a Seadramon, but if you do an unexpected digivolve, yes you do run the risk of getting a numemon, but since Numemon finally has a full line and a pretty interesting looking one, I wouldn't say that i was as bad as Digimon World 1 made it seem.

No well Numemon isn't BAD, per se, (Monzaemon is normal and very strong), I just don't like him very much is all. x___x....I'm wondering why Seadramon is considered normal and Airdramon is not, considering Betamon digivolved into both of them in the same source.

EDIT @ Zadok:

Actually, I haven't dedicatedly watched any season since 3. sweatdrop What can I say, I just didn't like any of them that much. ^.^ I didn't like the lack of partners in 4, I didn't like the worse animation and stupid characters (LOLMarcus) in 5, and the concept of 6 just doesn't appeal to me that much. And I get what you're saying about the Pokemon and Digimon and I agree that I don't want one to be the other, but you have to look at the fact that one is much more successful than the other... and I think part of that is that Pokemon is just done more professionally than Digimon is. I mean, look at all the mistranslations and grammar errors... there were hundreds in Dawn/Dusk's story, it drove me nuts! They just don't take it as seriuosly as Nintendo and Gamefreak did with Pokemon, I think. That's just from a business standpoint, of course... I love them both a lot for what they are and what they have different from each other.

Blademaster Banryu

Dapper Gekko

Kizadek

Beloved Lunatic

9,325 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:54 pm
Blademaster Banryu
-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Blademaster Banryu

No well Numemon isn't BAD, per se, (Monzaemon is normal and very strong), I just don't like him very much is all. x___x....I'm wondering why Seadramon is considered normal and Airdramon is not, considering Betamon digivolved into both of them in the same source.

EDIT @ Zadok:

Actually, I haven't dedicatedly watched any season since 3. sweatdrop What can I say, I just didn't like any of them that much. ^.^ I didn't like the lack of partners in 4, I didn't like the worse animation and stupid characters (LOLMarcus) in 5, and the concept of 6 just doesn't appeal to me that much. And I get what you're saying about the Pokemon and Digimon and I agree that I don't want one to be the other, but you have to look at the fact that one is much more successful than the other... and I think part of that is that Pokemon is just done more professionally than Digimon is. I mean, look at all the mistranslations and grammar errors... there were hundreds in Dawn/Dusk's story, it drove me nuts! They just don't take it as seriuosly as Nintendo and Gamefreak did with Pokemon, I think. That's just from a business standpoint, of course... I love them both a lot for what they are and what they have different from each other.

Buisness stand point you couldnt be more right. Pokemon blows digimon out of the water especially in america. -It is closer in Japan and Korea but not by enough to make up for the loss in the US- That being said both companies also ran themselves differently regaurdless of systems. And as much as you or I hate them 4, 5, 6, and 7 have all existed and are or will all be implemented in this guild and we cant keep that from happening I just accept Digimon as a whole and the parts that I dislike I stay away from but they are still digimon so they get representation just like the rest. That's my opinion on the matter.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:58 pm
Zadok the 28th
Blademaster Banryu
-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Blademaster Banryu

EDIT @ Zadok:

Buisness stand point you couldnt be more right. Pokemon blows digimon out of the water especially in america. -It is closer in Japan and Korea but not by enough to make up for the loss in the US- That being said both companies also ran themselves differently regaurdless of systems. And as much as you or I hate them 4, 5, 6, and 7 have all existed and are or will all be implemented in this guild and we cant keep that from happening I just accept Digimon as a whole and the parts that I dislike I stay away from but they are still digimon so they get representation just like the rest. That's my opinion on the matter.

Honestly I just think that Digimon wasn't as successful in America because Bandai didn't put forth the effort into making sure it would really succeed. :I Maybe at first, but after a while they got sloppy and stopped sending stuff to us, and that makes me sad. Dx For shame, Bandai, for shame... ;~; (Also, I didn't say I hated 4-7, I'm just not a fan and stuff-- wait, what? did you say 7? We're on season 7 already?! Holyyyy crap on a shitbiscuit.... that was quick...)

But yeah, there are bits you like and bits you don't like, and you just stay away from the bits you don't care for. xD That's how I roll too~

Blademaster Banryu

Dapper Gekko

-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Crew

Married Shapeshifter

14,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:58 pm
Blademaster Banryu

Well almost every source that is connected to something official leads to Betamon digivolving into Seadramon as opposed to Airdramon. Also the reason for their ranking is that once upon a time Airdramon's line led to Goldramon (who has a special guild ability). Unfortunately, over time Airdramon was seen as a less likely candidate for a direct line to Goldramon and we just haven't changed it as it doesn't bother anything with Airdramon being a different rank.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:02 pm
Blademaster Banryu
Zadok the 28th
Blademaster Banryu
-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Blademaster Banryu

EDIT @ Zadok:

Honestly I just think that Digimon wasn't as successful in America because Bandai didn't put forth the effort into making sure it would really succeed. :I Maybe at first, but after a while they got sloppy and stopped sending stuff to us, and that makes me sad. Dx For shame, Bandai, for shame... ;~; (Also, I didn't say I hated 4-7, I'm just not a fan and stuff-- wait, what? did you say 7? We're on season 7 already?! Holyyyy crap on a shitbiscuit.... that was quick...)

But yeah, there are bits you like and bits you don't like, and you just stay away from the bits you don't care for. xD That's how I roll too~

I dont hate them either, it was a figure of speech  

Kizadek

Beloved Lunatic

9,325 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Elocutionist 200

Orre Champion Monty

Enduring Browser

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:02 pm
yea since when was this a chatterbox razz  
DigiLine (Tamer Profile Forum)