Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dragon Quest/Warrior Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all your Dragon Quest/Warrior needs! 

Tags: JRPG, Slimes, Roto, Alefgard, Zenithia 

Reply Party Chat (Chatterbox)
Rate the Person's Video Game Composition Above You! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Lolwut Pear
Captain

Mega Fatcat

12,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:25 pm
Percussion in a boss song for me is what gives a boss theme a jolt of power, it was a bit odd to hear a boss song without percussion. However, the interesting thing about that song from what I got from it it seemed to portray a waltzy sort of feel to it, almost as if battles were dances and classy, which makes sense, as a common way of calling someone on to fight them is "let's dance". 7.8, leaning towards 8 because of the interesting visuals it gave, but nonetheless, I found it odd without percussion.

Steslos- SaGa 3: Shadow or Light by Kenji Ito.

Anyone who played the GB series called Final Fantasy Legends will be familiar with this track. Did you know 2 and 3 got remade for the DS?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:43 pm
It's like if Motoi Sakuraba ate Nobuo Uematsu. In a good way. There are progressions and patterns in here that remind me of both composers. In particular, songs from Golden Sun and Final Fantasy 4.

As for the song itself, it's fun and fast-paced. The percussion is pretty good and not too busy. It keeps the pace going well, while still having plenty of room for longer notes. It's a good song, but it's not really anything I would seek out and listen to. I'll give it a 7/10. Sorry if I don't have much to say. I'm running on empty and this didn't really inspire me.

And Nom, King's Quest 6 is definitely worth checking out.

Haru-Natsu-Aki-Fuyu (Four Seasons)- WarioWare inc.: Mega Microgames (GBA version), by either Ryoji Yoshitomi or Kyoko Miyamoto.  

ThePersonInFrontOfYou
Vice Captain

Wheezing Wench

gabriel sama

High-functioning Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:56 pm
It's got a pretty nice oriental feel. And the vocals... I have to listen this on a lower volume than normal, but holy s**t, the vocals. This was quite a nice surprise for a Warioware game. And Warioware is pretty weird... especially when people mod it to include characters from other games...

8.75/10

A bit of backstory would be necessary as to why Oktavia is played like that, but you kinda need to read the manga/watch the anime. It's a pretty nice twist compared to other Magical Girl shows out there.

I did find the song Hassan was looking for from the Kirby Crystal Chronicles...

Dark Matter's Castle from Kirby 64: Crystal Shards  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:45 pm
i c wut u did dere Roy, perfect score of 10 for you. cool

But on the serious note, I am giving this a ten because this is single handedly THE song that made me a music buff when it comes to jazz and classical, yep without this song, there would be no love for music on my behalf. Like most 1990s kids, I owned an N64, and ya' know, most kids just play a game and not note the songs, but this song is- a definite fact the song that I first noticed and played a game over just to hear it. To be reunited with this song after looking for it for so long definitely took my already good day and made it 1,000x better, thank you so much!

Gang-Plank Galleon- Donkey Kong Country by David Wise  

The Lolwut Pear
Captain

Mega Fatcat

12,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200

ThePersonInFrontOfYou
Vice Captain

Wheezing Wench

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:59 pm
Eee hee hee. I remember this song. Though I didn't ever personally own the original Donkey Kong country. Though nonetheless, it's a great tune, perfect for DK levels.

It's a fun, jaunty song that at the same time manages to have a level of intensity. After all, just because you are fighting pirate anthropomorphic crocodiles for a load of bananas doesn't mean you can't die. In fact, that's pretty darn dangerous. I really like when the beginning melody shows up in the middle of the song, keeping it fun but telling you this is no time to mess around. 8/10 for doing exactly what it needs to. It doesn't knock my socks off, but it's a great tune that suits its subject matter to a T.

Raincloud- Baten Kaitos Origins, Motoi Sakuraba  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:00 am
This is a pretty nice song. It flows very well and is all sorts of fun. The keyboard and the hint of vocals I'm picking up are very beautiful. Listening to all these songs just make me realize how little I've actually played. I should really play Baten Kaitos and Okami and such. 9/10

Hassan, I have a question for you. Would Visual Novels count as video games? If they do, I would have hundreds more songs open to choose from and make this harder than it already is (by finding amazing songs to share with you all of course). 3nodding

Up next, one of my personal favorites, and you'll see why soon enough once you hear it.

Zero from Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War by Keiki Kobayashi.  

gabriel sama

High-functioning Player

ThePersonInFrontOfYou
Vice Captain

Wheezing Wench

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:40 am
Holy Forking Shirt. You showed me this song last night, and I definitely see why you love it so much. Like I said when you sent me it then, this is an excellent song. From the intense beginning, to those speedy castanets and acoustic guitar duo, to that excellent choir group, to the massive uplifting key changes that seem to be going higher, higher... To the relief when you break the clouds and soar....

Fitting indeed for jet pilots. I've never played this game, but this song makes me really want to. It's excellent, full of variety yet never sounding disjointed. Allow me to bestow this song with my very fist 10/10.

Jeepers. How the hell do I follow that up....

How about simply?

Pallet Town- Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow, by Junichi Masuda.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:06 pm
ARRRGH, DAMN IT, I WAS GOING TO DO A POKEMON SONG, DEAD SERIOUS. xD

Ah well, I like Pokemon music, it's cute, charming, and for my time, nostalgic. Also, what I like about Pokemon is all the creepypastas about the music, even if they're just scary stories, they make me feel uneasy about the soundtrack, and that just adds a whole new definition to the OST which I love anyway. 8.7/10

I'm surprised no one posted no songs from this title coming up:

Dart's Theme- The Legend of Dragoon by Dennis Martin and Takao Miratsu  

The Lolwut Pear
Captain

Mega Fatcat

12,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200

gabriel sama

High-functioning Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:16 pm
Ooh~ Sounds very battle-like. It sounds really good. It's got that feel of heroism and makes you wanna go do the impossible and SAVE THE WORLD~

9/10

Also, Hassan, did you see my question to you in my previous post? :3c

And holy crap, I got a 10/10 from everyone in this thread. I am a happy camper. 8D

Here's a little twist from me... rather than a battle song, we have...

Song of the Ancients - Devola from NieR, produced by Keiichi Okabe.

Edit: I totally ninja'd Tiki, and read her mind.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:18 pm
LKSHGOSHEG;shD;GKAHE;GHE;KFJH: YOU DID THAT ON PURPOSE I WAS THINKING ABOUT POSTING A LEGEND OF DRAGOON SONG TOO.

Probably one of those groovy battle themes.

I love Dart's Theme! Every time I hear it, I just want to go out and SAVE THE WORLD! I finally got my very own copy of the game for my 20th birthday last January, and I was replaying it for the first time in years before I went back to college. 9/10, mah man.

Ninja'd! Hiold on...

That NieR song. It's very relaxing, like a lullaby. And I have heard talk that NieR is quite the depressing game. This feels like relief and comfort in a moment where you really, really need it. The voice is pretty too. Breathy, but not too much. It sounds organic and pleasing. 8/10.

Tal Tal Heights- The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening by Yoshiaki Koizumi.  

ThePersonInFrontOfYou
Vice Captain

Wheezing Wench

The Lolwut Pear
Captain

Mega Fatcat

12,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:25 pm
^ Going to rate Roto's post, to save ninjas from attacking me xD

EDIT: Ooh, catchy! I love the percussion in this song, it's very encouraging when it comes to rhythm, and the tune even catches the feeling: climbing a mountain, therefore it's determined, the accompanying melody at the beginning chord seemed a bit odd, but as the song progressed, that wasn't even relevant any more. 9/10

And to say I did see your post Roy, I just forgot to answer, I'm going to say yes to this, Genso Suikoden series has visual novels and they use the OSTs to the mainstream Suikoden series, so yes.

Speaking of Genso Suikoden: Granted, V isn't with Miki Higashino, but meh, I liked V anyway. = 3=

Clash! Genso Suikoden V by Norikazu Miura and Yuji Toriyama  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:39 am
That song was catchy. I could feel the action behind it. The trumpet in there adds to me since I did play it. I'll hand it a 8/10

Star Ocean: Till the End of Time Influence of Truth Appearance by Motoi Sakuraba  

Belzayne

Lonely Girl

gabriel sama

High-functioning Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:06 pm
Excellent work of the trumpet there at the beginning, stealing the spotlight. It gives off a heroic feeling at the beginning, then switches over to the bad guy's perspective and darkens the entire feel of the song before returning to neutrality. And then there's that strings solo that makes the song more suspenseful a little more than halfway in. Very nice song. 9/10

Hassan, Tiki asked me to bring out some music to help you stop raging about DQX. She asked, and therefore you shall receive.

Hailing from one of the most underrated video games ever, IMO... I bring you...

Emil Sacrifice from NieR, by Keiichi Okabe.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:17 pm
Raging, eh?...

Well, I think of it this way: unfortunately, I find myself not enjoying later series of anything, I'm just stubborn like that, sadly. Although I do highly endorse DQX and hope that it brings more interest in the series, which in turn will only boost the demand for it in NA, MMOs aren't for me. Either way, I'll shut up now and save my DQX rants for VGD. : P

Now for the song: although I don't have access to a PS3 and only played Drakengard (*shudder*), I really do like NieR's soundtrack. I like the calmness and divine feeling to it, and if it's anything like Drakengard, it's an ironic divine feeling to it, which I LOVE irony in music. For this song, I am a sucker for vocals over divine sounding songs- 8.5/10

(If Okabe replaces Sugiyama, I will s**t myself, even if they both get the job done right, and then some, DQ isn't DQ without Sugiyama. sad )

Since Nom ninja'd me on SO3 (xD), I'll bring up a short, sweet song from SO2.

At the Crack of Dawn- Star Ocean the Second Story by Motoi Sakuraba  

The Lolwut Pear
Captain

Mega Fatcat

12,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200

gabriel sama

High-functioning Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:05 pm
It seems no one has informed you that NieR is available to both the PS3 and Xbox 360. Gestalt, the original, is for the Xbox while Replicant is exclusive to the PS3. The stories are the same, with the only exception being the main character. You either play as the father (in Gestalt) or the brother (in Replicant).

As for the song... the beginning makes it sound like some catastrophic event will happen, but then it sounds like a new beginning. Like... daybreak. It's really short, but it can get the job done. 8.5/10

Dude, imagine what would happen if Ukabe and Sugiyama teamed up for a collab?

I'll start off simple from the Umineko VN by going with this...

Answer from Umineko no Naku Koro Ni (When the Seagulls Cry) Visual Novel  
Party Chat (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces