Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
I finally have had it with guilds being ignored by developer Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:37 pm
mamarita
Shanna66
mamarita
Pilotslover
Nikolita
Update on the guild system -

I asked in tonight's Ask The Admin thread, and had confirmation from two different staff members that they (being Gaia staff/admin/devs I would assume) have a few things that they want to get done before they start working on guilds, because an overhaul/update to the guild system would be a lot of work and (presumably) take a bit of time.

So basically more bullshit ...

Gaia must own a herd of cows ... XD

PL, I agree, they hire people that are too specialized nowadays. Whatever happened to developers that knew how to code? My daughter even knows the coding here better than most of the developers. Hell, she graduated this past year and knows what their freaking coding is. She knows it's a b***h and a half to do, but that's the way they wanted it and now it's their ******** problem to solve. The problem is, they have incompetent programming people that can't do it. in short...the guilds are ********.. Pardon my language, but that's the truth.. And according to the MPAA, that is PG13 rating folks, I checked!

if its so complicated it cant be fixed without alot of work then they should just elete everything now and start from scratch. so long as they tell us beforehand so we can tell other guild members and try to save information thats on important threads
You don't understand, we would basically lose everything if they did that, start from scratch on EVERYTHING. And we would lose access to the guilds for a couple of MONTHS!

probably not the best idea ive ever had but i figure its better than just ignoring guilds forever  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:39 pm
Shanna66
mamarita
Shanna66
mamarita
Pilotslover
Nikolita
Update on the guild system -

I asked in tonight's Ask The Admin thread, and had confirmation from two different staff members that they (being Gaia staff/admin/devs I would assume) have a few things that they want to get done before they start working on guilds, because an overhaul/update to the guild system would be a lot of work and (presumably) take a bit of time.

So basically more bullshit ...

Gaia must own a herd of cows ... XD

PL, I agree, they hire people that are too specialized nowadays. Whatever happened to developers that knew how to code? My daughter even knows the coding here better than most of the developers. Hell, she graduated this past year and knows what their freaking coding is. She knows it's a b***h and a half to do, but that's the way they wanted it and now it's their ******** problem to solve. The problem is, they have incompetent programming people that can't do it. in short...the guilds are ********.. Pardon my language, but that's the truth.. And according to the MPAA, that is PG13 rating folks, I checked!

if its so complicated it cant be fixed without alot of work then they should just elete everything now and start from scratch. so long as they tell us beforehand so we can tell other guild members and try to save information thats on important threads
You don't understand, we would basically lose everything if they did that, start from scratch on EVERYTHING. And we would lose access to the guilds for a couple of MONTHS!

probably not the best idea ive ever had but i figure its better than just ignoring guilds forever
Maybe... they do owe us!  

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:19 am
Shanna66

The idea is sound enough and makes sense it's just that moving a s**t tonne of posts doesn't strike me as fun (I have two old RP guilds that I'd want to 'keep').

I've suggested a paid for archive system which would mean that for a fee we could keep our old guilds whilst the devs run the new guilds on a completely new system.

This'd take server space but I'm sure Gaia could spare it.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:13 am
Pilotslover
Shanna66

The idea is sound enough and makes sense it's just that moving a s**t tonne of posts doesn't strike me as fun (I have two old RP guilds that I'd want to 'keep').

I've suggested a paid for archive system which would mean that for a fee we could keep our old guilds whilst the devs run the new guilds on a completely new system.

This'd take server space but I'm sure Gaia could spare it.

like pay real money or use it as a major gold sink?

and i see what you mean about rp guilds, that hadnt even crossed my mind  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:36 am
Shanna66

Gold sink, I wouldn't pay real money for Gaia to do what they were supposed to years ago! XD

Yeah, mine are both pretty big, one of them features a thread that was nearly (Or over, I can't remember!) 200 pages.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:44 am
Pilotslover
Shanna66

Gold sink, I wouldn't pay real money for Gaia to do what they were supposed to years ago! XD

Yeah, mine are both pretty big, one of them features a thread that was nearly (Or over, I can't remember!) 200 pages.

oh goodness. when i suggested this i was just thinking a few info dump threads. im not in any rp guilds so i hadnt thought about that, i can understand why you would want to keep nealry every thread  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
Resources & Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items