Welcome to Gaia! ::

Digimon: Tamer Island Guild

Back to Guilds

#1 Digimon Guild where you can actually be a Tamer with your very own Digimon. 

Tags: Digimon, Tamer, Island, Digimon Tamer, Tamer Island 

Reply DigiLine (Tamer Profile Forum)
Blademaster Banryu Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thanks for Voting!
  Banryu, you lazy bum! Write your character bios already!
View Results

Blademaster Banryu

Dapper Gekko

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:36 pm
lief_7

!?!?!? eek when did they add a search engine to DMA?!????!!!?

...um... they didn't, I think. I know because I would have been very happy. And I'm... not happy. I'm indifferent. surprised With onions.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:38 pm
Blademaster Banryu
lief_7

...um... they didn't, I think. I know because I would have been very happy. And I'm... not happy. I'm indifferent. surprised With onions.

just used it, i mean it's google but you can choose your digimon from a drop down bar and it's only digimon so no weird stuff, you just have to get somewhat close. check it out it's on every digimon's page, so nice!

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50

Blademaster Banryu

Dapper Gekko

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:42 pm
lief_7
Blademaster Banryu
lief_7

just used it, i mean it's google but you can choose your digimon from a drop down bar and it's only digimon so no weird stuff, you just have to get somewhat close. check it out it's on every digimon's page, so nice!

...Nyeh? Oh, so they did, nice. surprised
...I'll stop being indifferent when they make it so I can narrow down my searches by attribute, level, and more stuff like that. xD That'd make my research sooooo much easier.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:43 pm
Blademaster Banryu
lief_7
Blademaster Banryu
lief_7

...I'll stop being indifferent when they make it so I can narrow down my searches by attribute, level, and more stuff like that. xD That'd make my research sooooo much easier.

that would be nice but this is good, it's funny they did it almost right after you complained about them not having one XD

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50

Blademaster Banryu

Dapper Gekko

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:44 pm
lief_7
Blademaster Banryu
lief_7
Blademaster Banryu
lief_7

that would be nice but this is good, it's funny they did it almost right after you complained about them not having one XD

Indeed, it is.
...almost as if...
They were trying to prove me wrong.
o.O

DUN DUN DUUUUNNNNNN  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:47 pm
So that you don't have to continue to apologize to Monty. Honestly, but better sorry than for permission I guess. Nonetheless, moved to your own thread.

Blademaster Banryu
-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Blademaster Banryu
-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Blademaster Banryu

No well Numemon isn't BAD, per se, (Monzaemon is normal and very strong), I just don't like him very much is all. x___x....I'm wondering why Seadramon is considered normal and Airdramon is not, considering Betamon digivolved into both of them in the same source.

Well almost every source that is connected to something official leads to Betamon digivolving into Seadramon as opposed to Airdramon. Also the reason for their ranking is that once upon a time Airdramon's line led to Goldramon (who has a special guild ability). Unfortunately, over time Airdramon was seen as a less likely candidate for a direct line to Goldramon and we just haven't changed it as it doesn't bother anything with Airdramon being a different rank.
....ehhh? But I thought Digimon could have multiple 'normal' evolutions. Dx Look at Agumon's DMA profile, he gots Greymon, Tyrannomon, and GeoGreymon all in that category... .__. And I know that in the cards and in the V-pet, Betamon Digivolved into Airdramon AND Seadramon-- wait, no, Seadramon's first card didn't even have Betamon as a prevo option. .__. Yes yes, the anime... is seen as much more credible for some reason... *pout* ...but it's not like there's anything to suggest that Betamon -> Seadramon and NOT Airdramon... more like... it points to both...? ._. (except the anime.)

....wait, why am I trying to convince you? It's not like you make the rules... o.O Derp. (...but still!!)

EDIT: Sorry, Monty. Dx

Uhhh... Not to put anymore to the title of moderatior than there already is, but I do help with the creation of rules and altercations... sweatdrop

Nonetheless, Some digimon do have multiple normal routes and for those digimon there is a system specifically for them. In the case of Agumon there is the Alt systems (odd/even) that determines between Tyrannomon and Greymon and Geogreymon is reserved for AgumonDS (the one with the bracers).

....oh yeah, forgot you mentioned that. o.O Well, in that case, let the great debate begin. >D

Tyrannomon, you say, is a 'normal evolution' for Agumon....? What precedence is there for this, I ask you, my good man? Not the show, surely, I've never seen Agumon and Tyrannomon look twice at each other in the anime... (speaking figuratively of course) But the V-pet? The cards? Digimon World? Ah, I could make an argument that perhaps Elecmon is the better rookie for Tyrannomon, with their shared coloration of skin/eyes/strikes, their shared Data-type....? In fact, one might even say that Tyrannomon is more debatable than Greymon or Seadramon as a normal evolution for Agumon! If Tyrannomon is considered a normal evolution with such minor yet conclusive evidence, then why not Airdramon too?! Consider my words, if you would be so kind...

So the debate is focusing on Agumon --> Tyrannomon, no?

1) While they may have an difference in attribute of Vaccine to Virus (mind you this happens for betamon as well in both stages, one vaccine, and the other data), they do share the same family, both being apart of the Nature Spirits family. Elecmon is also in this family but bare with me.

2) Despite color differences, no offense, but not a good point, both share reptilian detail and attribute for erupting fire on their foes.

3) While Elecmon did digivolve into Tyrannomon in Digimon World 2, this was simply a fluke caused by a lack of Digivolve Points (o-2). As he was also able to digivolve into Flarizamon (3-5) and then Monochromon (6+). In digimon world 1, Tyrannomon was a possible result from Agumon, Gabumon, and Patamon, but not of elecmon. This goes to show that while Agumon is not the only digimon able to, but it is the more qualified.

4) In the cards, most if not all of them point to Tyrannomon being the result of Agumon or another reptile/dinosaur/dragon digimon. Just a few examples:
http://www.tradingcards-r-us.net/catalog/Bo-66.jpg
http://cards.wtw-x.net/booster/Bo-1158/
http://cards.wtw-x.net/starter/St-143/

Counter) While I will admit that color and attribute, Elecmon seems to be the better, these few points could lead to other possible results that are red with green eyes (blond hair, blue eyes much?). However, if anything I would have to place elecmon that share more important characteristics such as family.

-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Crew

Married Shapeshifter

14,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Blademaster Banryu

Dapper Gekko

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:03 pm
-InsertEgoHere- Liger
So that you don't have to continue to apologize to Monty. Honestly, but better sorry than for permission I guess. Nonetheless, moved to your own thread.
((Hehe thanks. xD))
Blademaster Banryu
-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Blademaster Banryu
-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Blademaster Banryu

No well Numemon isn't BAD, per se, (Monzaemon is normal and very strong), I just don't like him very much is all. x___x....I'm wondering why Seadramon is considered normal and Airdramon is not, considering Betamon digivolved into both of them in the same source.

Well almost every source that is connected to something official leads to Betamon digivolving into Seadramon as opposed to Airdramon. Also the reason for their ranking is that once upon a time Airdramon's line led to Goldramon (who has a special guild ability). Unfortunately, over time Airdramon was seen as a less likely candidate for a direct line to Goldramon and we just haven't changed it as it doesn't bother anything with Airdramon being a different rank.
....ehhh? But I thought Digimon could have multiple 'normal' evolutions. Dx Look at Agumon's DMA profile, he gots Greymon, Tyrannomon, and GeoGreymon all in that category... .__. And I know that in the cards and in the V-pet, Betamon Digivolved into Airdramon AND Seadramon-- wait, no, Seadramon's first card didn't even have Betamon as a prevo option. .__. Yes yes, the anime... is seen as much more credible for some reason... *pout* ...but it's not like there's anything to suggest that Betamon -> Seadramon and NOT Airdramon... more like... it points to both...? ._. (except the anime.)

....wait, why am I trying to convince you? It's not like you make the rules... o.O Derp. (...but still!!)

EDIT: Sorry, Monty. Dx

Uhhh... Not to put anymore to the title of moderatior than there already is, but I do help with the creation of rules and altercations... sweatdrop

Nonetheless, Some digimon do have multiple normal routes and for those digimon there is a system specifically for them. In the case of Agumon there is the Alt systems (odd/even) that determines between Tyrannomon and Greymon and Geogreymon is reserved for AgumonDS (the one with the bracers).

....oh yeah, forgot you mentioned that. o.O Well, in that case, let the great debate begin. >D

Tyrannomon, you say, is a 'normal evolution' for Agumon....? What precedence is there for this, I ask you, my good man? Not the show, surely, I've never seen Agumon and Tyrannomon look twice at each other in the anime... (speaking figuratively of course) But the V-pet? The cards? Digimon World? Ah, I could make an argument that perhaps Elecmon is the better rookie for Tyrannomon, with their shared coloration of skin/eyes/strikes, their shared Data-type....? In fact, one might even say that Tyrannomon is more debatable than Greymon or Seadramon as a normal evolution for Agumon! If Tyrannomon is considered a normal evolution with such minor yet conclusive evidence, then why not Airdramon too?! Consider my words, if you would be so kind...

So the debate is focusing on Agumon --> Tyrannomon, no?

1) While they may have an difference in attribute of Vaccine to Virus (mind you this happens for betamon as well in both stages, one vaccine, and the other data), they do share the same family, both being apart of the Nature Spirits family. Elecmon is also in this family but bare with me.

2) Despite color differences, no offense, but not a good point, both share reptilian detail and attribute for erupting fire on their foes.

3) While Elecmon did digivolve into Tyrannomon in Digimon World 2, this was simply a fluke caused by a lack of Digivolve Points (o-2). As he was also able to digivolve into Flarizamon (3-5) and then Monochromon (6+). In digimon world 1, Tyrannomon was a possible result from Agumon, Gabumon, and Patamon, but not of elecmon. This goes to show that while Agumon is not the only digimon able to, but it is the more qualified.

4) In the cards, most if not all of them point to Tyrannomon being the result of Agumon or another reptile/dinosaur/dragon digimon. Just a few examples:
http://www.tradingcards-r-us.net/catalog/Bo-66.jpg
http://cards.wtw-x.net/booster/Bo-1158/
http://cards.wtw-x.net/starter/St-143/

Counter) While I will admit that color and attribute, Elecmon seems to be the better, these few points could lead to other possible results that are red with green eyes (blond hair, blue eyes much?). However, if anything I would have to place elecmon that share more important characteristics such as family.

Well to be clear, my side of the debate is using Agumon -> Tyrannomon as a counterpoint to validate Betamon -> Airdramon. Because really, Agumon is to Tyrannomon as Betamon is to Airdramon... that's basically the point I was making. :0 ...in an overcomplicated fashion. Dx (I tend to do that sometimes...) Now, allow me to address each of your points.

1) This does not necessarily make my argument less valid as it pertains to Betamon's digivolutions. Betamon does not share its attribute (Virus) or its family (Nature Spirits) with either Seadramon (Data/Deep Savers) OR Airdramon (Vaccine/Wind Guardians), so you can't really use that to disprove Airdramon as a viable 'Normal Digivolution' any more than I can to prove that Seadramon IS. Bottom line is that based on just this point, there isn't any evidence to suggest that Betamon should turn into one of its Champion forms more than the other (which according to this discussion is Airdramon and Seadramon).

2/3) I admit it's not an incredibly strong argument, but Elecmon and Tyrannomon DO look similar, and there is precedence to support this evolution in DW2, if nowhere else. xD Kind of an irrelevant point I made, in retrospect, given that I think Tyrannomon DOES fit as an Agumon digivolution (so not really sure why I said that...? o__O) As for the DP requirements, it's more likely that the DP reqs for Elecmon -> Tyrannomon are due to the fact that Tyrannomon is weak in that game, as opposed to it being a poor evolution in other aspects. (Given that Monochromon and Flarerizamon are the other options, in fact, I'd say that Tyrannomon is the most fitting out of those three). Regardless, we're in agreement about the whole Agumon VS Elecmon thing, so Imma drop that point. o_@

4) That may well be the case, but it's also true of Betamon digivolving into Airdramon.
http://digitalindex.ultimatedigimon.com/digibattle/Digi-Battle_pages/Swedish_Promo/st-096_Airdramon.jpg
http://lcd.wtw-x.net/VpetEvoChart1
(^ Tyrannomon and Airdramon both on that one, see?)
....although I admit there are fewer cards than I thought to support Airdramon coming from Betamon. -___-' although it WAS the first Airdramon card, and I find that the first cards tend to be more credible in terms of what is 'correct' or 'normal'.

HOWEVER, however... I want to throw one last point out there, that Airdramon is very physiologically and (debatably) similar in genetics to Seadramon, just as Greymon and Tyrannomon are. Seadramon and Airdramon can slide-evolve between each other IN Digimon World 1, and for the most part, the sources that point to Agumon -> Tyrannomon and Betamon -> Airdramon are the same (though perhaps not as extensive in Airdramon's favor, as we see with the cards. e__@) ....so what do you say? Do you see where I'm coming from, at least? gonk

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:10 pm
Say, quick question for whoever can answer it. There's not like a search for finding topics in the guild, is there....?

Seems like not, so that being the case, can I get a suggestion on how to find topics/threads where I might be able to win/earn a Rainbow Horn? Dx

Blademaster Banryu

Dapper Gekko

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:14 pm
Blademaster Banryu
Say, quick question for whoever can answer it. There's not like a search for finding topics in the guild, is there....?

Seems like not, so that being the case, can I get a suggestion on how to find topics/threads where I might be able to win/earn a Rainbow Horn? Dx

na there's not unfortunately, as for the contests, there's not one going on right now giving that item out but if you keep you eyes out there could be one soon maybe. the fastest way to find items are the links on the front page, after that you could check the Walter Island thread or the Event forum but there's not really anything going on there right now. I guess you could maybe win one in the rp event if you come join that, there's a link to the sign up on the main page but it's in the rp forum.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:16 pm
lief_7
Blademaster Banryu

na there's not unfortunately, as for the contests, there's not one going on right now giving that item out but if you keep you eyes out there could be one soon maybe. the fastest way to find items are the links on the front page, after that you could check the Walter Island thread or the Event forum but there's not really anything going on there right now. I guess you could maybe win one in the rp event if you come join that, there's a link to the sign up on the main page but it's in the rp forum.

Mm, I was afraid of that... sounds like this RP event is my best bet for the time being then, thanks.  

Blademaster Banryu

Dapper Gekko

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:17 pm
Blademaster Banryu
lief_7
Blademaster Banryu

Mm, I was afraid of that... sounds like this RP event is my best bet for the time being then, thanks.

no problem and good luck!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:22 pm
I certainly do see your point in this hence the reason Tyrannomon is listed as one of Agumon's normal digimon. However, in the case of Betamon, the anime depiction wins this round for Seadramon, giving him favor over Airdramon and therefore in the guild.

1) In all restropect, that point was somewhat negated, as just like Agumon, Greymon, and Tyrannomon share the same family (nature spirits), so do Betamon, Seadramon, and Airdramon (nature spirits). I was under the impression that they were all dragons roar and that betamon was deep saver, but I was false in that, but all six or nature spirits.

2/3) I win, lol... or do I?

4)Tis true, that is probably the only card that will support betamon--> airdramon. But as more and more digimon are being discovered with each passing day, I can see why it changed, there were sure to be way better candidates that shared a similar interest.

Nonetheless, I'll say it again, that faithful episode of Betamon diving into the lake and emerging as a Seadramon sealed his fate of being eternally bound to Seadramon.

-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Crew

Married Shapeshifter

14,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Blademaster Banryu

Dapper Gekko

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:34 pm
-InsertEgoHere- Liger
I certainly do see your point in this hence the reason Tyrannomon is listed as one of Agumon's normal digimon. However, in the case of Betamon, the anime depiction wins this round for Seadramon, giving him favor over Airdramon and therefore in the guild.

No no, I think you're still missing my point. Dx I'm saying that Tyrannomon is to Agumon as Airdramon is to Betamon. This assumes that 1) Agumon -> Greymon and Betamon -> Seadramon are pre-established as 'normal' digivolutions, and 2) that what works for Tyrannomon should also work for Airdramon. Sooooo if you're saying that Airdramon shouldn't be an evolution of Betamon because the show has established that Seadramon is Betamon's ONLY evolution, then I could turn that around and say that the show has established Greymon (and later Geogreymon, but beside the point) as Agumon's ONLY evolution(s). In the same way, if you say that Tyrannomon DOES work as an evolution of Agumon's for the reasons stated, then I can reasonably say that Airdramon DOES work as an evolution of Betamon, because both conclusions have the same sources of evidence (except for the lower quantity of cards that say Betamon -> Airdramon, but that's IT, that's the only exception Dx). *pant pant* Do you get what I mean NOW?? x_____X

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:39 pm
Blademaster Banryu
-InsertEgoHere- Liger

No no, I think you're still missing my point. Dx I'm saying that Tyrannomon is to Agumon as Airdramon is to Betamon. This assumes that 1) Agumon -> Greymon and Betamon -> Seadramon are pre-established as 'normal' digivolutions, and 2) that what works for Tyrannomon should also work for Airdramon. Sooooo if you're saying that Airdramon shouldn't be an evolution of Betamon because the show has established that Seadramon is Betamon's ONLY evolution, then I could turn that around and say that the show has established Greymon (and later Geogreymon, but beside the point) as Agumon's ONLY evolution(s). In the same way, if you say that Tyrannomon DOES work as an evolution of Agumon's for the reasons stated, then I can reasonably say that Airdramon DOES work as an evolution of Betamon, because both conclusions have the same sources of evidence (except for the lower quantity of cards that say Betamon -> Airdramon, but that's IT, that's the only exception Dx). *pant pant* Do you get what I mean NOW?? x_____X

I do and I slowly feel that we're reaching that never-ending cycle of repetition that will result in the sames responses every time. More evidence for Agumon --> Tyrannomon than Betamon --> Airdramon, the end. But sure, If I had control over DMA then I would place Airdramon, that much is obvious, but as I don't I leave it up to them and therefore abide by it. sweatdrop  

-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Crew

Married Shapeshifter

14,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Blademaster Banryu

Dapper Gekko

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:42 pm
-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Blademaster Banryu
-InsertEgoHere- Liger

I do and I slowly feel that we're reaching that never-ending cycle of repetition that will result in the sames responses every time. More evidence for Agumon --> Tyrannomon than Betamon --> Airdramon, the end. But sure, If I had control over DMA then I would place Airdramon, that much is obvious, but as I don't I leave it up to them and therefore abide by it. sweatdrop

*sigh* Okay, as long as you get what I'm saying I can shut up and settle down. rofl To be fair... only a LITTLE more evidence for Tyrannomon than Airdramon, all in the cards. =w= A trifle, really... yes anyway I can settle for this conclusion... I'm not really going to change someone's opinion if they have a preconcieved notion of something anyway, I should know better than that. xD Agree to disagree and whatnot.  
DigiLine (Tamer Profile Forum)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff