Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Fourth Year Classes
History of Magic IV (1/4) *New Class 8/26* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:21 pm
User Image
Adalaide Blythe
Daughter & Sister // Fourth Year Hufflepuff // Wearing in the History classroomspace
CURRENTLY // single // crushing // lovingspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Classmatesspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Distractedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'I really need to try to focus' spacespac

'Cause I'd get a thousand hugs
From ten thousand lightning bugs...'

═════════════════════════════════

Ada tapped her quill on the desktop from her seat next to Marina, her eyes focused on the professor, her attention... wandering. She was taking notes, but she couldn't really focus. Her mind was going in a million different places, most of them involving a broom. She'd been doing pretty well at Quidditch, and it was getting to her. She'd always loved to fly, but the competitive nature of the sport had infected her. She smiled as she recalled her first goal. It'd been amazing. She glanced down at her parchment, making sure her notes were at least good enough to study later... she'd need them. She tried to listen more carefully to the questions her classmates asked, though she had none of her own. Marina had asked the only one that'd occurred to her.

'As they tried to teach me how to dance.'

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Monday: Potions Tuesday: Transfiguration, Alchemy Wednesday: Art, Charms, Divination, Mythology Thursday: Care of Magical Creatures, Ghoul and Ghost Studies, Herbology, Astronomy Friday: Defense Against the Dark Arts

User Image
Damien Warren Edgeworth
Son & Heir // Fourth Year Slytherin // Wearing in the History classroomspace
CURRENTLY // single // crushing // loving Marina Aldredspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Marinaspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Calmspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'How did I get so lucky?' spacespac

'I know you don't like how I feel,
but please, try to remember,'

Damien took the seat to the left of Marina, glancing sideways at her and Adalaide, seated to her right. He moved his gaze down to Marina's left hand, to his ring sitting on her finger, and his chest swelled with joy. He cast her a sideways smile before getting started on his note-taking, glancing over every so often. He noticed movement to her right and saw that Adalaide seemed a bit... hyper. She was tapping her quill, and bouncing ever so slightly, a dreamy expression on her face. Odd. He pushed the thought aside and focused on the lesson, still looking over to Marina every few seconds. She looked so pretty in lessons... her focused expression, her curious eyes. He could hardly believe sometimes that he'd ever looked down on her, especially for something as silly as her blood.

'It's natural for a thing like me...'

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Monday: Wizard Law, Potions Tuesday: Transfiguration, Alchemy, Ancient Studies Wednesday: Charms, Mythology Thursday: Herbology, Astronomy Friday: Defense Against the Dark Arts

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:59 pm
A notice has been pinned to the front of the door.

"Until further notice, History of Magic shall be closed to classes. We apologize for any inconvenience."

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:37 pm
User Image

User Image

Agnar walked up to the door. It was his first day teaching. Apparently the school needed an emergency teacher. Something about the current professor being indisposed. He of course noticed the notice and took out his wand. A quick tap incinerated the note, and he watched dispassionately as it fell to the floor. He smirked. Well, this was a good start.

Opening up the classroom, he entered and took stock of what he had. Plenty of books, tomes, and assorted historical paraphernalia littered the room. He was advised not to touch the layout, so the new professor set about working on the board. When he finished, he straightened up the room before standing in front of the classroom. The room seemed darker, more sinister, and he preferred it that way. He waited for students to enter as he flipped idly through the class syllabus and cocked an eyebrow. Well, he had to teach as the school stated, but that didn't mean he was going to be easy on the students.

Professor Bjelke
Professor Agnar Bjelke

Lesson I: Ancient Egypt and Greece

"Hello class, and welcome to class. I am Professor Agnar Bjelke, and you shall refer to me as professor or sir. I do not tolerate laziness, rudeness, or ignorance. If you do not know an answer, stay quiet and let those more intelligent than yourself speak. Now, before we begin lessons, I will state this much. Interrupt me, and you shall end up in detention. Do I make myself clear?" He glared around the room, daring anyone to speak up before he launched into his lecture.

"Today, we're going to be examining the ancient cultures of Greece and Egypt, and how they used magic. Specifically, we're going to be focusing on several points in ancient history to really get a feel for how they must have interacted with not only the world, but also with Muggles.

"In truth, ancient wizards and witches worked together with muggles, and muggles didn't fear them. Wizards were held in high esteem in that time period, and evidence can be found throughout the ancient world of interaction between the two groups. There are plenty of tablets that had to be removed from dig sites, as they clearly demonstrate several instances of real magic being performed, such as the curses that were placed on the tombs that they came from.

"There were several notable wizards and witches during this time. Circe was a Greek witch that specialized in transfiguration, and was well-known both in the wizarding world as well as in the muggle community for turning sailors into pigs. There was another named Andros the Invincible, who was well-known for producing a patronus the size of a giant, for which he gained his title. There was also Mopsus, who was a Seer and defeated his rival in a competition of their powers.

"Most wizards and witches worked with muggles on numerous occasions. In Egypt, you can see the evidence for it in the tombs of rulers, as evidence of skeletons warped by magic have survived. These individuals probably ran across the curses ancient wizards placed to protect such sights from graverobbers."

He glared around, daring the students to say anything. He hated children, and this lot he doubted would be any better than vermin to him. "Now, you shall all have homework. I require a fifteen inch essay on either ancient Greece or Egypt. Failure to turn it in will result in detention."

-----------------♛-----------------
State: Hard
OOC: For the homework, you can claim you wrote it up, or you can type up a short response. Those willing to do the response will receive 5 points to their house.
-----------------♛-----------------

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:43 am
User Image
User Image

Pureblood Fourth Year Single Slytherin

I'll dedicate it to the fact that it's so hard for you to dream
                                                          A million heartbeats all around you make it hard to sleep

Love love, kiss kiss... blah blah blah....

Virgil was happy to be in History of magic again. He missed not learning about powerful wizards in the past. He listened trying to be most respectable. He tried hard not to ask any questions but it was hard. There was so much of the past he could learn from. "Sir I'm sorry if my qustion bothers you."He said with a bit of a bow as he stood up. He did not know why but he felt it was appropriate. "But you seemed to have left out a few big names in the Ancient Egypt era. I mean there's also Falco Aesalon who was the first recorded Animagus and not to forget Herpo the Foul. Who is practically the father of the dark arts with him being the first know Parselmouth, his breeding of Basilisks all the spells he's invented. I just think its a little inappropriate to glance over someone like that without good reasoning."

....You're making me sick.

Well do you find you like to fall in love with people that you're never gonna meet?
                                                          It's easier than breaking up and crying in the street

Xistund

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:13 am
So this is what you meant
When you said that you were spent
And now it's time to build from the bottom of the pit
Right to the top, don't hold back
I don't ever wanna let you down
I don't ever wanna leave this town
'Cause after all, this city never sleeps at night

It's time to begin, isn't it: Uncomfortable
I get a little bit bigger, but then I'll admit: I can't let myself be intimidated...
I'm just the same as I was: Fourth Years
Now don't you understand that I'm never changing who I am: History of Magic

N E W L Y N | T A R A | V A S S

H U F F L E P U F F | B L O O D T R A I T O R | F O U R T H Y E A R User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This man reminded Newlyn of an older version of her father. maybe what her grandfather would have been like if he was alive. He was looking at the class the way her father sometimes looked at her and her sisters. Newlyn shifted uncomfortably in her seat and forced herself to not stare at her desk all class. She'd stood up to her father, and she couldn't let this old man intimidate her. But when Virgil asked a question, she almost shook her head as if to warn him off of it. Definitely not a good idea. At all.

A person who DESERVES my loyalty RECEIVES it

So this is where you fell
And I am left to sell
The path to heaven runs through miles of clouded hell
Right to the top don't look back
This road never looked so lonely
This house doesn't burn down slowly
To ashes, to ashes, turning the rags
And giving the commodities a rain check

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:27 pm
User Image
Sun ☼ Henrick

Gryffindor || Fourth Year
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

What happened to Powell again? This old man seemed creepy. Well, not that Sun cared, since he simply sat in the back and promptly tuned out his surroundings.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

I changed. Now I don't know who I am anymore.

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:01 pm
ZEPHYR BEARACH
AKIRA MACHLACHLAN

Fourth Year Ravenclaws

Akira and Zephyr walked into class together. It was odd for the two of them. They hadn't spoken much before, despite being in the same class, but this year that had changed. They were even going to classes now. Taking their seats, nowhere near each other, for learning purposes, they both looked at the professor and started taking notes.

Akira Machlachlan
Ancient Greece
Ancient Greece is known as one of the classical cultures, with the other being the Roman Empire, which did end up conquering the Greeks. Magic was widely used and muggles were even aware of it at times, due to their belief in the goddess Hecate, who ruled over magic. They also had oracles who would specify in the art of divination.

Zephyr Bearach
Ancient Egypt
The ancient Egyptians called their magic Heku. They used divination.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:12 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: History of Magic (Tuesday - 9:00am to 9:45am)

Chloe walked into her first history class of the year since being told that they wouldn’t be having class until they found a substitute teacher. Sadly something happened to Professor Powell and he was in the hospital wing. She hoped the healers working there would be able to figure out why people seemed to be being knocked out. What if it happened to her… she couldn’t think about that now, she had to concentrated on her class.

Sitting in class Chloe looked up at the front curious about the odd guy in front of them. As soon as he spoke she began to realize that it wouldn’t be at all a good idea to speak a word. She looked to Virgil when he decided to speak and somehow Chloe felt that it wouldn’t end well even if he meant well. Despite not wanting to say anything she did take notes.

With: History class

List of Knowledge: Progress

OOC: ---

User Image
Whiskers the Cat

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Xistund

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:43 pm
User ImageUser Image

Halfblood Fourth Year Single

Please just follow me. I thought you wanted me.
                                                          Cause I
                                                          want you all to myself. Make me feel

Darius fumed as he heard the history professor speak. Just bye the tone he used and how the man reminded him of every inch of his own father Shaw Ross. It was no wonder Virgil spoke up when no one else would dare. He'd not be surprised if the man was also a pure blood, who hated muggleborn and halfbloods. Hell if he'd would not be surprised if the man was on the family tree somewhere.

Darius tried to ignore it but his anger was too hard to control He broke his quill taking notes his writing was messy at the best of times was unlegible today and pressed so hard that its outline could be seen on the other side of the parchment.

OOC: ...

I'm under the gun, you're the only one.I just can't decide what I'm running from.
                                                          This isn't what I
                                                          wanted, but I can't keep my filthy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:35 pm
User Image
User Image

Now where did I put that wand?

Grayson, unlike last year, was actually prepared to lecture when the students entered the classroom. He was seated behind his desk, but as people filed in, he stood and walked in front of it to stand before them all. He waited until the last of the students found their seats before speaking.

"Hello class, and welcome back to History of Magic. Today, I figured we could review what was learned in the last class as a refresher for those that may need it. After all, an entire summer has passed, which means you might have had time to forget some of what you may have learned. Please answer one at a time and cover one topic each. That way, hopefully everyone will get a chance to answer and participate."

----------------------------------
State: Expectant
OOC: ...
----------------------------------

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:07 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: History of Magic (Tuesday - 9:00am to 9:45am)

David headed into history wishing he wouldn't have to keep coming to the class. However for the next two years he'd have no choice but to keep going to History. Despite being uninterested in the class David took a seat and opened his book as class started. "We talked about the chamber of secrets a while back." he answered. David truthfully couldn't remember much about the history class except for a number of topics. Of course he only knew a little bit about said topics.

With: classmates

Wearing: Uniform

OOC: ---

You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve, and chivalry
Set Gryffindors apart;

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:54 pm
User Image
~Yvette Tarot~

Gryffindor/Fourth Year/Single/Pureblood/Wearing

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

With: The Class

User Image

Sitting up a little straighter in her seat, Yvette raised her hand excitedly. "I remember we learned about Nicolas Flamel. He was a noted alchemist who is perhaps most widely renowned for the creation of the Philosopher's Stone."

User Image

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

Obsessive Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200

IceGrayWolf

Tipsy Pup

9,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:04 am
User Image
Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ Fᴏᴜʀᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ Cʜᴀsᴇʀ Sɪɴɢʟᴇ?

User Image

I got a lot of things I have to do
                                                              All these distractions
                                                              Our futures coming soon
                                                              We're being pulled a hundred different directions
                                                              But whatever happens I know I've got you

Mood : Nervous, Paranoid
                                                              Thinking : I can’t stop thinking of Lyre…. It’s already affecting my studies, but meh.
                                                              Doing : Answering
                                                              Where : History of Magic Classroom
                                                              With : Fourth Years and the Professor.

XXXXXXX Biting his lower lip, Xavier ducked his head and placed it on his desk, trying to remember just what the topics were discussed. More reviews, great. And losing professor Powell due to the mysterious coma-thingy last year, and having a scary sub to fill him in certainly did not help him focus. But he remembered the first topic though. Muggle witch burnings. He felt his stomach turn at the thought of it…. Suddenly, he thought of what would happen to Lyre if someone saw her using magic. Someone who didn’t know the magical world. And someone who would be afraid. Would they burn her….? The brunette’s face went pale at the thought. He squeezed his eyes shut and just tried to remember her smile. And lately, she was the only one in his mind. Through almost every class, and mostly every time. His mind only thought of the wonderful Ravenclaw by the name of Lyre Lutrix. He grinned as he remembered her. But he shook his head lightly, turning his attention back to the reviews.

”Umm, I guess we discussed about muggle witch burnings.”

You're in my mind your in my heart
                                                              It doesn't matter where we are
                                                              It'll be alright
                                                              Even if we're miles apart

Oᴜᴛ Oғ Cʜᴀᴍᴘᴀɢɴᴇ:

All I wanna do is be with you, be with you
                                                              There's nothing we can do
                                                              Just wanna be with you; only you
                                                              No matter where life takes us nothing can break us apart
                                                              You know its true,
                                                              I just wanna be with you

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:27 pm
User Image
User Image

You can go the distance
You can run the mile
You can walk straight through hell with a smile

Fourth YearBeaterGryffindorSingle

Standing in the hall of fame
And the world's gonna know your name
'Cause you burn with the brightest flame
And the world's gonna know your name
And you'll be on the walls of the hall of fame

Tevye head a big grin, He remembered nothing last year that's what he decided to bring up. The good thing about sleeping for over a year he had no school work. "I remember sleeping allot last year~!"

You could be the hero
You could get the gold
Breaking all the records they thought never could be broke

{Out of Character:}

Xistund

IceGrayWolf

Tipsy Pup

9,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:13 pm
User Image
Fourth Year Slytherin Pureblood Single

User Image

Feeling : Calm
Thoughts : One of my favorite topics in History~
Doing : Participating
Where : History of Magic Classroom
With : Fourth years and the Professor

`•» »-(¯`v´¯)-»

Recaps. Probably one of her favorite things. Thanks to her wonderful memory—which already helped her way too many times. Sharing out one of the things they learned in their second year, Serafine raised her hand. ”We talked about the Deathly Hallows during our second year.”

`•» »-(¯`v´¯)-»

Out Of Cookies:

Fourth Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas