Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Muggle World (Chatterbox)
Quidditch Banter: OOC for players and fans Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Bug430 rolled 10 10-sided dice: 3, 1, 6, 1, 3, 7, 1, 6, 1, 2 Total: 31 (10-100)

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:07 pm
I swear if I roll one more 56 I quit lol. No seriously, that is the fifth 56 I've rolled in this match alone. I'm done seeker...forever.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:42 pm
Ronyo Storm
Knowing lady Essy, she meant for that connection to be made lol.

We shall see, you'll have to earn it though. I won't make it easy for you wink

Challenge... ACCEPTED!!! blaugh  

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:52 pm
heather030595

LOL. I would have loved to knock Ronyo off his broom. Take a rain check? ^^

On a side note, me and Moony figured out today that "Dominic" sounds a lot like "demonic"... O.O Does this freak anyone else out?!

Demonic Dominic... Someone has a new nickname!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:01 pm
MissMoony13
heather030595

LOL. I would have loved to knock Ronyo off his broom. Take a rain check? ^^

On a side note, me and Moony figured out today that "Dominic" sounds a lot like "demonic"... O.O Does this freak anyone else out?!

Demonic Dominic... Someone has a new nickname!!!

Brohaa. You were there when we figured this all out. -__-
Sincerely,
Brofist  

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:02 pm
A salute to the fallen. Ronyo and Dominic, you both played a great game. You both are wicked with a bat and the occasional sharp tongue. Heal up for your match against Gryffindor, guys. Beaters of the world, unite!
~Heather - Hufflepuff Beater  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:55 am
Let's see...Slytherin only had one chaser show up, both our beaters are out, our keeper is distracted by the ghost of her sister in the stands. We're screwed.  

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

Golden Anbu

Friendly Detective

15,975 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:08 am
yup. we are

on an official note. Next year I'm thinking of adding a "second" pitch. that way if a game hasn't ended by wensday We can continue until the official end of , hopefully catching the snitch, unless it lasts 2 weeks which by then i'm certain each player will already be bored of the game.
Opinions?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:23 am
Good plan! That way we can keep playing! But why don't our current games go until Thursday or Friday, if the games start on Saturday?  

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:36 am
ooo, i like!

Especially if the game is at a tie, and I'm not sure how a tiebreaker would work via dice rolls. That way the next game can continue while we try and wrap up the tie.

On that note, how would a tie breaker be done? I can't imagine how to decide who would get a "penatly" type shot, it wouldn't be fair to either team on that circumstance.

It could be a one for all seeker blow out, whoever get the closest to either the spotting numbers (40-45) or the catching numbers (40 and below or 70 and higher) ([whichever seems more likely to a victory,]) in a specifically alloted time to do so (say, five posts to try and get a close number.) And whichever seeker gets closest can say they caught the snitch?

it's seems more luck based that, more equall chance.

If it was up to chasers/keepers, (as in, all or nothing one point left) then, stealing is near impossible as of now, it's only been done a small rare number of times in each game, so if one team had the quaffle it would be rather unlikely that it'd the other team would have a chance to steal. And since that never happens, whoever in possession of the quaffle will have the higher chance to score (since they're first,) and then it's up to whoever rolls higher. So if they win, they win. If they lose, then it starts all over with the next team in possession of the quaffle (and who knows how many times that could happen back and forth before a point is finally scored--)

.....unless, it's like a penalty shot. If the chaser scores their team wins, if the keeper blocks then their team wins the game?

Hmm, I probably should have posted this in the Quidditch Bugs, huh?

Well if this catches enough input I'll copy and paste it over.

(P.S. I bolded the two options I think would be easiest, or rather, my preffered choices thus far until we get different ideas rolling in.)  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:42 am
anbu_ninja_penguin
yup. we are

on an official note. Next year I'm thinking of adding a "second" pitch. that way if a game hasn't ended by wensday We can continue until the official end of , hopefully catching the snitch, unless it lasts 2 weeks which by then i'm certain each player will already be bored of the game.
Opinions?

xD we can even rename the first and second pitch to reflect which game is going on at the time, like (Hufflepuff vs Slytherin Second Game of Season) and then (Ravenclaw vs Gryffindor Third Game of Season) to make it clear which game is which. but what about the stands for fans? will there be two, too? So spectators can watch each game and not be confused with the different "time skips" going on if we only kept one quidditch stands forum.?

Lol, food for thought.  

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Golden Anbu

Friendly Detective

15,975 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:48 am
we don't bother with ties, since how Kat wants to decided the winner of the quidditch cup by who scores the most total points.

I'm not sure why Kat said wensday when I asked when we should end games to make sure it's done in time for the saturday games.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:46 am
Oooh, okie. ;3

that makes a lot more sense. lmao  

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Golden Anbu

Friendly Detective

15,975 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:30 pm
Ronyo Storm

I hope you don't mind I'm going to have Vanessa act as vice captain for a bit, we'll actually close this game the proper way, well besides catching the snitch.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:26 pm
TechNerd0072

heather030595

Titalos

look I'm sorry for any problems I caused you. However, since quidditch does not techincally had a specific time frame in the game (though in real life it does for the sake of getting all games in). it does not end until captains reach and agreement or the snitch is caught. I have all right to see my shot through. since it was made before, in theory the captains made an agreement and told the ref so he can end the match.

I'm kind of not stable emotionally at the moment  

Golden Anbu

Friendly Detective

15,975 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
Muggle World (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash