Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Book of the Week Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Elysynos

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:44 pm
Lathe of Heaven, a science fiction novel by Ursula de Guin.
Description: A psychatrist meets a man whose dreams change the world.
This is my favorite book ever! Unlike most books I've been reading lately, this one has a happy ending.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:33 pm
I earlier posted about a book known as Twilight by Stephanie Meyer and now i'm here to recommend the sequeal to that book called. New Moon this is by far the best vampire romance/action/fiction/mystery and suspense book I have EVER read.

dark and demented

Zai Luxemaris

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:51 pm
Tsoocaru1506
the full Dark Tower Series by Stephen King whee

Dude...you ROCK!
New Moon rocks too. Who all's going to the book signing this weekend?! 4laugh *Rabid fangirl squeal* EDWARD!!

But anyway, book of the week/year/FOREVER... Maximum Ride by James Patterson, books 1 and 2. What can I say? I have a wing fetish. whee  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:15 pm
A real good book I've read recently is Fahrenheit 451. It's really interesting, and was based around our time, so it's nice to see the image of what they thought the future would be and compare to how it is now.  

Whoremone

Aerin-Sol9

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:44 pm
The Wheel of Time Series by Robert Jordan.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:20 am
Redwall: The Lengend of Luke

Written by: Brian Jacques

One of the best books in the Redwall series so far.

Ocean_Skye

natalia_nicova_black

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:42 pm
I would recomend any book by Laurel K. Hamllton. She has one book series about vampires and necromancers, and lycanthropes. It has a lot of blood in it, and a lot of sex, but not usually together. She also has a series about fairies and their world that I just started. Laurel K. Hamllton rocks.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:38 pm
Aerin-Sol9
The Wheel of Time Series by Robert Jordan.

I love that series! I reread the entire cycle every year or two while waiting for the next book to come out. It's a bit dark though--people are always upset. I don't like upset people, I'd rather that they were happy!  

Alexa488

Alexa488

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:40 pm
Elysynos
Lathe of Heaven, a science fiction novel by Ursula de Guin.
Description: A psychatrist meets a man whose dreams change the world.
This is my favorite book ever! Unlike most books I've been reading lately, this one has a happy ending.

Hey, I just barely finished reading that book for the second or third time!

Another good one by her is "The Left Hand of Darkness," I find it really interesting how she portrays a world in which there aren't two contrasting sexes, with all that entails. Everyone was a hermaphrodite, so there wasn't a goup of people expected to be strong or one expected to stay at home and whatever. It was interesting food for thought.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:57 am
Has anyone here read A Northern Light? I would say it's the book of the week, but I have forgotten the authors name and I returned it to the library last night.

Ah well. I still suggest it. Its an awesome book. it deals with racism and sexism, as well as just life itself. Its a pretty powerful book.

Ocean_Skye

Incoherent Philosopher

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:11 am
The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand. There's also an essay contest going on for that and Anthem if anyone is interested.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:34 pm
IT, by Stephen King.

It has a lot of curses, but this one was so well done, I had to add it.

Ocean_Skye

ajanimegirl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:22 pm
Hidden Talents by David Lubar

I have the old one. The new ones cover is stupid...why do they bother reprinting the book if the first cover was better?

No doubt an original book, it's about a sarcastic kid who is always getting into trouble going to a 'special' school for misfits. I liked his roomate Torchie who was always burning things 3nodding . Turns out most of them have superpowers. Cheater is telepathic, Trash is telekinetic, Flinch is clairvoyant, and the others. I thought it was cool, since I tend to like superheroes and special powers, and it was different from most typical superhero books.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:28 pm
Novel: The Picture of Dorian Gray

Author: Oscar Wilde

I highly recommend this book to everyone. Excellent use of prose, but then, what else could we expect from Mr. Wilde? I also recommend The Importance of Being Earnest, a play by Mr. Wilde.  

Artiste_in_a_tunnel

xXxTears_Of_A_VampirexXx

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:37 pm
The Mists of Avalon By Marion Zimmer Bradley

Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items