Submit

Jackariah Beckett

Fluffy Firestarter

14,975 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:18 am
I know a few cosplays where the owner is no longer really around but have not been listed yet, so I hope you guys don't mind me listing them nwn.

Owner Name: dracoXK
Soquili Name & Image:
User Image
Cosplay Origin: MLP
Character: (just in case it has a different name from the character.. Example Tenderheart from care bears being called Tony)
Other Information: I am not sure what MLP it is based on since I do not know the series.

Soquili Name & Image:
User Image
Cosplay Origin: Pokemon
Character: Mewtwo
Other Information: Iknow you said don't bother to post 'wildlife'. But I do agree that it would be very useful for a side list of the 'wildlife' cosplays so people can make sure to make their version different =).

Soquili Name & Image:
User Image
Cosplay Origin: I believe Kingdom Hearts
Character: Keyblade- Bond of Flame version
Other Information: I saw there are different types of keyblades.....so, does this also count as a 'wildlife' xD?

Soquili Name & Image:
User Image
Cosplay Origin: World of Warcraft
Character: Malygos
Other Information: A NPC boss I believe

Owner Name: the_Scowling_Cat
Soquili Name & Image:
User Image
Cosplay Origin: World of Warcraft
Character: Kel'Thuzad
Other Information: An NPC boss I believe =).

Owner Name: the_Scowling_Cat
Soquili Name & Image: Ootachi
Cosplay Origin: Pokemon
Character: Furret
Other Information: Posting just in case you decide to make a side list =3  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:40 am
Also, I know Saiyuki has a few cosplays =). But I did not personally know her like I knew Draco. so I do not feel comfortable posting her soquili but I do not want them left off the list<3.

If they are already known, just ignore me lD....  

Jackariah Beckett

Fluffy Firestarter

14,975 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:41 am
Owner Name: She-Ra of Etheria
Soquili Name & Image: She-Ra
User Image
Cosplay Origin: She-Ra: Princess of Power
Character: She-Ra
Other Information: (Just in case there's something more you think needs adding)  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:42 am
Mobster Goose
Even though some cosplays are no longer "character" cosplays where only one can be in existence I think they should still be listed and marked down so people know what not to make their soq look like. I mean, they still are cosplays but if anything they are "wildlife" cosplays now haha.

Or at least keep the side list, like he have of pokemon, of what is already in existence so people can know just exactly what pokemon/WoW/etc were done so they can know if the original is available or if they have to change it up.
I'll put a poll up asking this tomorrow (or along those lines) as some dont want lots of lists to search but others will want to know whats been done.... I personally wouldn't mind more lists... but then I like lists... I'll ask and we can see.... if thats voted through as something people want I'll ask mind about how to go about it in a way staff are happy with. I don't want to make loads of new threads, but I know some dont want pages to wade through.... though that does give me an idea hmmm  

Faid Shadowlight

Versatile Phantom

15,800 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50

Faid Shadowlight

Versatile Phantom

15,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:44 am
ladyfirefox89
Also, I know Saiyuki has a few cosplays =). But I did not personally know her like I knew Draco. so I do not feel comfortable posting her soquili but I do not want them left off the list<3.

If they are already known, just ignore me lD....
Its always a help when people that have left are posted by friends. I will be going through the old list tomorrow... or starting to, I'll also be raiding teepees at some point as well as the owners lists (old and new) so i will be doing my best to make sure no one is left off  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:22 am
I am glad no one minded I posted Draco's then nwn. I really wish I knew what happened to her, I haven't seen her in like a year =(.

Yes, I had to refrain from going through all the teepees I have in my bookmarks bar and posting all the cosplays I could find xD.  

Jackariah Beckett

Fluffy Firestarter

14,975 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Ktns

Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:29 am
Welcome Chesh!

Thank you Faid, that does indeed answer my question c:

Also regarding species, I believe that Sabin is correct. It doesn't work the way it used to. It's not just one per gender, there can be more, hence why more Pokemon have been showing up I believe even some of the same gender. The new rule is that there can be 2 or 20, they just can't be identical as I've also stated before.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:37 am
Owner Name: Malikztiah Ankhere
Soquili Name & Image: Fuu
User Image
Cosplay Origin: Magic Knight Rayearth
Character: Fuu Houji
Other Information:  

Malikztiah Ankhwave
Crew

Dangerous Nerd

That Artemis
Crew

Devoted Heckler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:43 am
Owner Name: -[The Spoof]-
Soquili Name & Image: Knucklebone
User Image
Cosplay Origin: WoW Enemies/wildlife/mob
Character: Hecklefang (breed of this type of enemy)
Other Information: Not sure if he counts, but just in case I threw him in here. C:

Soquili Name & Image: Bryn Shepard
User Image
Cosplay Origin: Mass Effect
Character: Paragon OC
Other Information:

Soquili Name & Image: Charybdis Shepard
User Image
Cosplay Origin: Mass Effect
Character: Renegade OC
Other Information:

Soquili Name & Image:Sephia
User Image
Cosplay Origin: Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility
Character: Sephia, the Harvest Goddess
Other Information:  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:45 am
I agree that there should be a side list kept of any wildlife cosplays since there would still be the responsibility of not asking for a new soquili that looks exactly like one that already exists.
Since there was an official ruling this last year, that there can be more than 1 wildlife inspired pet based on the same animal/whathaveyou so long as they are not identical. So like placing spots elsewhere, or adding accessories that the others don't have, etc.

And while yes, another list, is another list, (I personally like having lists), but in this case I think it would make sense to make them separate since this current cosplay list is 'no duplicates, period, taken is taken' within the limits.
A wildlife list would help eliminate duplication of iconic things such as pokemon which are usually simple and have very few features that would be different if you were making a second Ditto, for example.
I think that list could just have subsections of 'types' of wildlife and each of those sections could be alphabetical, I think.
For example, we'd need a Pokemon List, RL Wildlife? (like exists or existed on earth), WoW (for mounts and the random species), Sabin listed a few more earlier I believe, and I know I'm missing several.

Darkmoon Dancer

Shameless Ladykiller

Faid Shadowlight

Versatile Phantom

15,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:24 am
Darkmoon Dancer
I agree that there should be a side list kept of any wildlife cosplays since there would still be the responsibility of not asking for a new soquili that looks exactly like one that already exists.
Since there was an official ruling this last year, that there can be more than 1 wildlife inspired pet based on the same animal/whathaveyou so long as they are not identical. So like placing spots elsewhere, or adding accessories that the others don't have, etc.

And while yes, another list, is another list, (I personally like having lists), but in this case I think it would make sense to make them separate since this current cosplay list is 'no duplicates, period, taken is taken' within the limits.
A wildlife list would help eliminate duplication of iconic things such as pokemon which are usually simple and have very few features that would be different if you were making a second Ditto, for example.
I think that list could just have subsections of 'types' of wildlife and each of those sections could be alphabetical, I think.
For example, we'd need a Pokemon List, RL Wildlife? (like exists or existed on earth), WoW (for mounts and the random species), Sabin listed a few more earlier I believe, and I know I'm missing several.

I had an idea about this but I think I'll open the question to a poll and open debate in a different thread I'll make in the morning (its night here) that way everyone can have a say and it wont cram up this thread.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:59 am
Just a note on Al'ar. Al'ar was a GM mount (which means more than one existed to even start with) long before he was a named NPC, on top of that, there are mobs called 'Ember of Al'ar' that are the exact same model.

So seeing he was an GM mount before he was ever a singular named NPC and he is still a mount and has identical spawns with a 'generic wildlife' name, I don't think it is as cut and dry as Invincible. So following the existing rules someone else could get him, and since there aren't any naming restrictions, they could even potentially call him Al'ar. Of course that can be changed but as of right now, someone could get him today and not be breaking any rules.

Edit: before anyone takes this the wrong way all I'm trying to do is point out that Blizzards lack of creativity sometimes can result in gray areas unless rules are specifically stated. I know for a fact this isn't the only cosplay that isn't black and white nor will it likely be the last when it comes to WoW. It was just the best example I saw at the time.  

Ktns

Lunatic

[+Katch+]

Kawaii Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:42 pm
Owner Name: [+Katch+]
Soquili Name & Image: Naraku
User Image
Cosplay Origin: Inuyasha
Character: Naraku
Other Information: N/A

Soquili Name & Image: Lady Cregga Rose Eyes
User Image
Cosplay Origin: Redwall
Character: Lady Cregga Rose Eyes

Soquili Name & Image: Zero
User Image
Cosplay Origin: The Nightmare Before Christmas
Character: Zero

Soquili Name & Image: Nightmare
User Image
Cosplay Origin: WoW
Character: Felsteed - Fiery warhorse
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:17 pm
Owner Name: x blame it on the --- x
Soquili Name & Image: Yazoo
User Image
Cosplay Origin: Final Fantasy: Advent Children
Character: Yazoo
Other Information: Nope. :3

techabyte
Crew

Inquisitive Gawker

10,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100

TrigunKittie

Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:01 pm
Owner Name: TrigunKittie
Soquili Name & Image: Masquerade
User Image
Cosplay Origin: MLP
Character: Masquerade
Other Information: link to wingless for marking/ribbon

Thank you for redoing this list! <3

Editing to add my new additions (since the front page hasn't been updated yet, hope this is ok x3)

Soquili Name & Image: Black Beauty
User Image
Cosplay Origin: Black Beauty by Anna Sewell
Character: Black Beauty
Other Information:

Soquili Name & Image: Ginger
User Image
Cosplay Origin: Black Beauty by Anna Sewell
Character: Ginger
Other Information: