Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Official Australian Guild
To be a little more Aussie ... *dreamy sigh* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

New poll!
  Whoop! *slides down poll*
  *mollests poll for 10g*
View Results

EmWah
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:37 pm
WellzY

I've always wandered about the difference between Canadian and US accents. The only majour difference I could ever discern was the whole 'about' thing. xd

OMG Wellz, I've got no idea what you're talking aboot rofl

FuzzylilPenguin

Another question just cause-
What is your fav candy and food?
And whats your favorite American food/ candy?

Firstly, you should know in Australia, we normally call it lollies. And we call cotton candy fairy floss. Oh and jelly is jam and jello is jelly! Hahaha confused yet?

I don't really have a favourite candy. Things with a heap of sugar in them usually give me headaches so I stay away from them as much as possible. I really like redskins though. I guess they're American, even though I think they used to be made by an Australian company, but you know, since they're named after a racist term for American Indians then they can't be too Australian.

If chocolate is counted as candy then that is my favourite.
Oooh and I had Hershey's chocolate once. It SUCKED various balls. It left an aftertaste akin to poop. Our Cadbury is sooo much better. I swear it's the finest chocolate that isn't actually classed as a fine chocolate. It's so good ^_^

My favourite food in general would be Chinese food. Favourite food I can make myself is spaghetti and lasange.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:06 pm
EmWah
WellzY

I've always wandered about the difference between Canadian and US accents. The only majour difference I could ever discern was the whole 'about' thing. xd

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!

You're funny.

I'm not much of a lollies fan either. I like/d Red Skins as well, but again I guess they're probably American. I'm not sure which lollies we share with the Americans. All the different Gummi's I suppose, which are very nice, but originally German I think.

Pffft, you Americans don't have your own food, you have stolen or bastardised foods which you like to clame as your own, just like we sometimes do. Vegemite was soooooo a rip-off of Marmite, which came first thank-you-very-much! And Marmite is British I believe.  

WellzY
Crew

FuzzylilPenguin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:24 pm
EmWah
WellzY

FuzzylilPenguin

Another question just cause-
What is your fav candy and food?
And whats your favorite American food/ candy?

Firstly, you should know in Australia, we normally call it lollies. And we call cotton candy fairy floss. Oh and jelly is jam and jello is jelly! Hahaha confused yet?

I don't really have a favourite candy. Things with a heap of sugar in them usually give me headaches so I stay away from them as much as possible. I really like redskins though. I guess they're American, even though I think they used to be made by an Australian company, but you know, since they're named after a racist term for American Indians then they can't be too Australian.

If chocolate is counted as candy then that is my favourite.
Oooh and I had Hershey's chocolate once. It SUCKED various balls. It left an aftertaste akin to poop. Our Cadbury is sooo much better. I swear it's the finest chocolate that isn't actually classed as a fine chocolate. It's so good ^_^

My favourite food in general would be Chinese food. Favourite food I can make myself is spaghetti and lasange.

Neet lollies, yest chocolate is candy, and I have never heard of red skins..
yea so basicly you like the italian food razz there are some american things I just dont know what most of them are, no biggy though
I enjoy hearing things from your point of veiw. I love Chinese also razz it rocks did I like Cadbury eggs, but I duno if thats the same thing your talking bout.
Id say what it is but you prolly know razz
umm another question ... lets see
Do you have different names for all the sports and dance/cheer teams?
or is that all the same as it is here?
I have alot of questions sorry I am a curious gal razz  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:39 pm
I need to go have a good night/ morning!  

FuzzylilPenguin

EmWah
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:44 pm
FuzzylilPenguin

I'm not quite sure what you're asking here... But if you're asking do our sports teams have names... Yes they have names... Of course they have names!

But we don't really share a love of the American type sports like gridiron or baseball. We're more into footy and cricket.

And no one cares about cheer teams. I don't even know we have any. It's not a recognised sport in itself anyway.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:38 am
EmWah
FuzzylilPenguin

I'm not quite sure what you're asking here... But if you're asking do our sports teams have names... Yes they have names... Of course they have names!

But we don't really share a love of the American type sports like gridiron or baseball. We're more into footy and cricket.

And no one cares about cheer teams. I don't even know we have any. It's not a recognised sport in itself anyway.

We don't have Cheer Squads, that is just soooooooo American. Ergh.

Grid Iron would also have to be one of the most boring sports on the planet. Curlign is better than Grid Iron. Curling is heaps better than Grid Iron. Go Curling.  

WellzY
Crew

JewelsSparkle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:40 am
WellzY
All the different Gummi's I suppose, which are very nice, but originally German I think.

German Gummi bears are the best ever! I recently bought some Gummi Bears, but they had nothing on the ones I ate as a kid (there were a couple of lolly/chocolate shops that mum mum went to & would get them to import some for her & buy loads of them in one go... then in another 6 months or so, she'd go back & re-order, lol) blaugh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:43 am
JewelsSparkle
WellzY
All the different Gummi's I suppose, which are very nice, but originally German I think.

German Gummi bears are the best ever! I recently bought some Gummi Bears, but they had nothing on the ones I ate as a kid (there were a couple of lolly/chocolate shops that mum mum went to & would get them to import some for her & buy loads of them in one go... then in another 6 months or so, she'd go back & re-order, lol) blaugh

Well there's always a bag of Gummi Bears whenever the German Club has some event at Uni, but it's not the Gummi company, just... Something more German. They're pretty nice.  

WellzY
Crew

hotness2thetrotness

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:52 am
BeMuled MissBeth
I'm asking this question before I forget, then I'll go back and read all the responses from the last question.

What exactly is 'The Wet'? Is that your autumn? I imagine it's the time of year when you experience the most rainfall, but what season would it be in North American terms?

i don't know if anyones mentioned this yet but the wet season is during summer time (December, January, Feb)and dry is in winter. i'm pretty sure. please let me be right. anyway yeah that's the one. and it only happens in far north (I'm Tasmanian). Yeah that's it.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:00 am
WellzY
JewelsSparkle
WellzY

Well there's always a bag of Gummi Bears whenever the German Club has some event at Uni, but it's not the Gummi company, just... Something more German. They're pretty nice.

Does Haribo sound right? That's the company of the guy who invented them & I'm pretty sure those are the ones my mum used to get...

EDIT: Stupid German website not including an Australian part!

EDIT-EDIT: my kitten-cat just fell off a desk & made a loud *thump*! rofl

JewelsSparkle

EmWah
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:31 am
hotness2thetrotness
BeMuled MissBeth
I'm asking this question before I forget, then I'll go back and read all the responses from the last question.

What exactly is 'The Wet'? Is that your autumn? I imagine it's the time of year when you experience the most rainfall, but what season would it be in North American terms?

i don't know if anyones mentioned this yet but the wet season is during summer time (December, January, Feb)and dry is in winter. i'm pretty sure. please let me be right. anyway yeah that's the one. and it only happens in far north (I'm Tasmanian). Yeah that's it.

Yup you're right on that one.

And on Gummi Bears, I had them before they were cool dude! My sister brought some back from Germany when she went there when I was like... 7. Anyway. They were good then, but I don't like them now. Also, did you know they have way better Kinder Surprise toys? She bought me back a stack of them. They were fully fantastic. I've still got a few.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:01 am
EmWah
Also, did you know they have way better Kinder Surprise toys? She bought me back a stack of them. They were fully fantastic. I've still got a few.

Only after joining the German Club. 3nodding

JewelsSparkle -- Those are the exact ones, I recognise the little bear.  

WellzY
Crew

JewelsSparkle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:52 pm
WellzY

JewelsSparkle -- Those are the exact ones, I recognise the little bear.

Yeah, those are the ones mum used to get when I was little... I'm trying to find out if I can find someone who can import them for me...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:30 pm
Well not to sound like a werido, but what are all those sports sweatdrop

They all sound nifty.
Its so werid when you talk about summer, cause its usually our winter and I get confused((I am a blonde so yea))
I totaly might get to be an exchange student next year for a lil while, witch if I do get to will be awesome.

P.s
Cheerleaders annoy me as well, I just wondered if you had different names for your sports teams is all.  

FuzzylilPenguin

FuzzylilPenguin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:32 pm
Well I am gona get ready for open gym, I think I might acutaly play basket ball tonight IM not sure though been kinda lazy hope all is well with you! Ill ask more questions later!
<3  
The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces