Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Third Year Classes
Advanced Flying II ~ Lesson 1/4 (Opened 11/22) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
The Forgotten Weasley rolled 10 10-sided dice: 10, 9, 7, 5, 5, 4, 6, 8, 7, 5 Total: 66 (10-100)

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:14 pm
I'm fly, the original
I'm sly, unpredictable
I'm nearly irresistible
And I don't even try
I'm easily excitable
Completely undeniable
And sometimes unreliable
Don't ask me why

User Image
Jessamine Cathlin Walsh
~ Halfblood Hufflepuff ~ Third Year ~ Twin ~
{feeling: excited} {thinking: ....} {with: Third Years} {at: Advanced Flying}

Jess smiled, and then dove for the quaffle. If she could catch a snitch she could catch a quaffle, right? And Toby was stuck being Keeper... heh.

They can't rain on my parade; I'm sunshine on a cloudy day.

Position: Keeper
AC: 16
Mods: +4 Spotting, +2 Catching
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Deft Dodger, Sharp Eyes
Lives: (X)(X)(X)

I'm strange, and I like it
That's just the way I am
I can't change, I can't hide it
That's just the way I am
From a whisper to a shout
On what the buzz is all about
Everybody's buggin' out
And I've only just begun

Essy ze Ninja rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:25 am
User Image

𝔇mitri 𝕲rigori 𝔎amenev
я никому не уступлю
of house Slytherin ___________ Thirteen Years Old
Third Year

User Image

His bright eyes diminished into somewhat of a scowl. His fingertips barely brushed the corners of the quaffle but it was deftly stolen by Jess anyway. She bolted down across the breezy sky and he was forced to turn tail and try and chase her. Settling in comfortably in his broom, he swerved around her to come in at an angle and swoop down hard for the quaffle.

AC=15
                          L1 L2 L3
                          Skills: Quid MTA, 1 Year Quidditch Exp, AF 1
                          Mods: Natural Flyer, Hold the Line, Great Catch
                          (+3 to steals/scores) (+5 to flying) (+7 to blocking scores)
                          Roll: 21

We’re never who we say we are.
                          162cm (5’3”) and 45kg (98lbs)
                          //Translations://

User Image

User Image

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:38 am
User Image

𝔇mitri 𝕲rigori 𝔎amenev
я никому не уступлю
of house Slytherin ___________ Thirteen Years Old
Third Year

User Image

Haha! A gleam of shining teeth widened as his fingers curled around the ball. He curled around and flew in the opposite direction, hoping to cross the distance with ease. Toby was guarding the goal posts and he sped like a bullet in his direction.

[OOC: I wasn’t sure who’s keeping for who, but I figured it would make sense that Dimi tried to score on Toby while Jess has to score on Ronna so Weezy isn’t left playing against herself, so I hope it’s okay if I did that and that makes sense.]
                          AC=15
                          L1 L2 L3
                          Skills: Quid MTA, 1 Year Quidditch Exp, AF 1
                          Mods: Natural Flyer, Hold the Line, Great Catch
                          (+3 to steals/scores) (+5 to flying) (+7 to blocking scores)
                          Roll: 1/3

We’re never who we say we are.
                          162cm (5’3”) and 45kg (98lbs)
                          //Translations://

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 9:57 am
NEW YEAR!!

Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff
Advanced Flying Professor

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Class (on the pitch)

Landon walked onto the field for his third year class. He hoped the students would enjoy this year more then last and that he could teach them everything they would need to know to play Quidditch and for some make them into professionals. It was a tough job but someone had to do it. Landon knew just about everything there was to know about Quidditch so it was only fitting for him to want them to know just as much.

As the students started to come onto the field Landon smiled. "Good morning class it's good to see you back again and I hope your first week back has been going well so far." he told them brightly. "This year we will be covering all the positions in Quidditch. Now today we will be starting off with the position of Beater. So what can you guys tell me about it?" he asked curiously wondering what his class already knew.

With: my third year class

OOC: ---

((Outfit in picture))

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 10:24 am
So lying underneath those stormy skies.
She said oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh.
I know the sun must set to rise.

ⒽⓐⓛⓕⓑⓛⓞⓞⓓXXXXXXXXUser ImageXXX⒮⒤⒩⒢⒧⒠User Image

¸.•´´¯`•• .¸¸.•´¯``•.
Tanya practically ran out onto the Quidditch pitch excited for her favorite class and bouncing in anticipation for the coming year. He said they'd be going over all the positions and while she wasn't looking forward to playing Keeper she could understand why it'd be important to learn. When he asked about the specifics of playing beater her hand was one of the first in the air. "The Beater has to not only keep the bludgers away from their own teammates but also direct them towards the opposing team." she explained still bouncing.
X`•.¸¸.•´´¯`•• .¸¸.•´`•

WearingWhere: Advanced Flying With: Class Thinking: Yesssss!OOC

This could be para- para- paradise
Para- para- paradise
Whoa-oh-oh oh-oooh oh-oh-oh.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 2:19 pm
Waking up in a world surrounded by flames...
Where everything I liked is about to fade...
How could you be the one, if you're not the same?
If in the hands of gods, you have lost your way?
How ever fast I dance to make the sun shine-
I will never fall down!
No matter what it takes, I'll try to save the ghost lights...
How ever hard I pray to remake you mine-
I will never fall down!

How ever hard I pray: Happy
To remake you mine: ...
I will never fall down: Third Years
No matter what it takes: Advanced Flying

E L S B E T H | L Y N W E N | V A S S
B L O O D T R A I T O R | H U F F L E P U F F | T H I R D Y E A R User Image

Elsie walked down to the pitch. With all her classes indoors, it was refreshing to be able to go outside for once. She felt like with all her added electives, her homework amount was going to increase... a lot. She hoped she didn't end up spending her third year holed up in the Common Room or library studying. Things were only going to get harder from here. She set her bag gently on the ground and stood next to Tanya, enjoying the feeling of grass under her shoes instead of hard stone. The other girl appeared to be bouncing up and down in excitement. Elsie felt like moving around too. She hoped they'd be flying soon, if not this class then the next one. "Beaters are the only players allowed to use bats to hit the bludgers with," she offered. "And they have to have very strong arms, since bludgers are iron." She could never play the position. The Hufflepuff was by no means fragile or weak, but she didn't have much muscle on her either and she was pretty light. That worked to her advantage as a Chaser, though.

I'LL TRY TO SAVE THE GHOST LIGHTS...

Waking up in the fog, the dust and the pain...
And of the sunny days, no traces remain...
How could you be the one, if you sail away?
Without you I can't stand the sound of the rain!
How ever fast I dance to make the sun shine-
I will never fall down!

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 7:40 pm
User Image
𝔾𝕪𝕡𝕤𝕪 𝕚𝕤...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // fancying Daniel Kiremonospace
CURRENTLY // Looking Adorkable on the Pitchspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Classmatesspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Excitedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Oooh, we're starting with Beaters? Awesome...' spacespac

ஒ ஒ ஒ The phone rings in the middle of the night;
My father yells, 'what you gonna do with your life?'
ஒ ஒ ஒ
═════════════════════════════════════════════════

spaceGypsy had to admit, she was actually sort of excited about this particular class. Advanced Flying 1 was really just a formality, but this one... this was the one she needed. Because like she'd said in the first class, Vice Captains were not allowed to suck. So, this would be a useful lesson, and probably one she'd enjoy a lot more than she had the previous two levels. And, they were starting with the Beater position, which she was excited to hear. She'd originally wanted to try out for Beater, after all, but the team hadn't needed one... until like a week later when one of their Beaters... died? Which was sad of course but also incredibly annoying because she was already on the team as a Chaser. But, their vet Beater Verily would be graduating, and they would need a replacement... and sure, there were plenty of Beaters, but after taking this class and learning the ropes, Gypsy was pretty sure she'd be a better choice for the position at that point. And besides, she totally sucked as a Chaser. Maybe she'd be a better fit as a Beater. She glanced around the group, feeling only slightly less awkward here than in AF2, if only because at least she knew Elsie and Tanya. They were Echo's friends, but whatever. Tanya was cool, at least. Elsie... might be cool. She didn't know the girl very well. The fourth year smiled widely and raised her hand. "The Beater position is very important for the team because they have the ability to knock opposing players out of commission for the rest of the game. A Beater can take out a team's first string Seeker and leave them at a disadvantage, or take out their Keeper to ensure there's no one to keep their Chasers from scoring." Gypsy was personally all over that. Knocking other players out so that her team had a better chance at scoring? Best idea ever. Which was odd, because really, one would think she'd rather be the star player... but being Seeker sounded exhausting to be honest. She'd much rather spend the game hitting balls at people than looking around for one tiny little thing... even if it would win the game.

═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          ஒ ஒ ஒ Oh daddy dear, you know you're still number one
                                                          But girls, they want to have fun. Oh, girls just want to have fun!
                                                          ஒ ஒ ஒ

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:05 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Advanced Flying: Friday 10:00am to 10:45am

Leonette walked down to the pitch with excitement. She couldn't wait to get started on another fun year of flying. Holding her broom Leonette had never pictured herself as much of a Beater. Although she had played baseball which was similar to how the position was played she didn't think it was for her. Listening to what they knew she waited to till she could add to the discussion. "Beater's also have to have good accuracy to hit their targets or at least not to get hit themselves." Leonette said happily.

With: class...

Wearing: Gryffindor Uniform

OOC: ---

Gryfindor you say?
Yes, I could see you doing well there...
So be it! Gryffindor!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:22 pm
User Image
𝔼𝕔𝕙𝕠 𝕚𝕤...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // dating Kasdeja de Assispace
CURRENTLY // Looking Bookish on the Pitchspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Classmatesspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Resignedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Can't I just skip everything but the Keeper lesson?' spacespac

♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ Can I pose a question? How do you kill what is dead?
I just shoot from the hip, and I aim for the head.
♣ ♥ ♦ ♠
════════════════════════════════════════════════

spaceEcho wasn't particularly happy to hear they were starting with the Beater lesson for this class. Honestly, he'd like it if he could only come to the lessons that were pertinent to him... specifically the Keeper lesson, although he guessed he would come to the Seeker lesson too. He didn't care for this one, though. He was already envisioning all the various ways he was probably going to die today. It wasn't pretty. But, he was stuck here... so he'd have to make the best of it. When the other students began describing the position, he just listened; Tanya and Elsie and Leonette really had it covered. Gypsy's addition was... well, not pointless, but it did sort of go without saying, right? Ah, well. He'd be out of here soon enough... hopefully with all his bones in tact.

════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ He used to be your friend; that was another life.
                                                          With a single bullet, we're gonna blow his mind
                                                          ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:49 pm
Robin 'Theo' Gibbs

Twelve year old Football Prodigy

User Image

House: Gryffindor{|}Football Club: Borussia Dortmund{|}Third Year

He walked on the field, happy to actually be there. He wasn't here to do Quidditch though...rather just to become a better flyer in general. He found it displeasing to find out that they would be covering positions in Quidditch that day though. He didn't even want to think about the sport at that moment, mainly because he apparently sucked. So really, he wondered if this was going to be Quidditch centralized the whole year, because he would immediately deem it a mistake to have even taken the class to start with.

I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 10:50 am
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff
Advanced Flying Professor

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Class (on the pitch)

Landon was impressed with the knowledge his third years had on the position of Beater. He never doubted them though he knew this year most would probably be drawn to other things but you never know. “Nice team work you four, 5 point to each of you.” He told them. That was a grand total of 5 points for both Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff and 10 points for Gryffindor.

“Now I’m sure you don’t want to just sit and listen to one giant lecture on how playing Beater works. Besides I find the best way to learn is to try it for yourself.” Landon told them with a small smirk. “So today I’m giving you a change to try it out for yourselves. For those who already know how to play Beater think of this as practice I promise our next topic will be something you’ve never done less you’ve played any other position.” He said knowing it would be boring for those who already knew but they could at least help their classmates if they wanted too.

Landon then handed out the Beater bats and brooms to anyone who needed them. “Now before I release the bludgers on you I’m going to explain how this works. Line the Beater bat up with the incoming bludger and give a good swing at an angle that will get it to go in the direction you want it to go.” He explained. “You are all aiming at those targets there so good luck and most importantly have fun. As mentioned before with playing Beater you take a big risk of being hit but don’t worry if that happens I’ll be casting the softening charm to insure you don’t get injured during class.” Landon assured them hoping they’d go out there and just have some fun.

With: my third year class

OOC: Use the same rules for Quidditch and since all our characters have played Quidditch use the skills you already have for that if they apply.

((Targets AC is 12))

((Outfit in picture))

Squeeky Luff rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 3:06 pm
User Image

User Image
"What you confuse for honesty,
is fire from the tongue of a liar.
What you confuse for sanity,
is a broken mirror that cracks more.

Claire got the broom and got ready for beater practice....she of course had originally tried out for Beater for Slytherin last year, before getting chaser instead, so needless to say Claire knew how to play this position quite well.

She glanced at the bat and grinned, this would be fun.

When the time came to hit the targets she glanced around for a bludger, when she located one, she grabbed her bat and aimed for a target.

My feelings? I'm excited you know?
Precious thought of mine, "Prepare yourself targets..."
I'm a Slytherin.
Did you know that I'm a third year?
My strings are being pulled. "If I messed up, tell me. o:" Out of character.

Mods: +1 for one year of playing, +1 for Advanced Flying 1, + Mean Swing = +3 to hit

Skills: Dang Healthy, Deft Dodger & Mean Swing

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
murruelecreuset rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 11:11 am
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Advanced Flying: Friday 10:00am to 10:45am

Leonette smiled feeling as if she got back the points she lost during the week for her talking in History. Truthfully she'd never thought about playing Beater but it looked interesting. "Alright I'm going to try this." she told herself as she grabbed a bat. Watching the bludgers she waited for one and let her bat swing. What was the worst that could happen beside what had just happened with Claire moments ago?

With: class...

Wearing: Gryffindor Uniform

OOC: Everything you did was fine except that it would be a +4 to your hit as Mean Swing gives you +2

Modifiers: +2 block, +2 steal, +2 shoot, +1 experience played, +1 advanced flying I
Special Skills: Hold the Line, Swift Swipe, Good Arm

Gryfindor you say?
Yes, I could see you doing well there...
So be it! Gryffindor!

Yukina101 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 1:53 pm
So lying underneath those stormy skies.
She said oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh.
I know the sun must set to rise.

ⒽⓐⓛⓕⓑⓛⓞⓞⓓXXXXXXXXUser ImageXXX⒮⒤⒩⒢⒧⒠User Image

¸.•´´¯`•• .¸¸.•´¯``•.
Tanya beamed when she gathered points for Gryffindor and listened as the professor explained the days lesson. Her grinned widened when they were told they would be practicing as beaters and excitedly grabbed a beater bat and her broom. Granted she'd never tried being a beater but it was worth a shot!
X`•.¸¸.•´´¯`•• .¸¸.•´`•

Mods: +1 Experience +1 AF +2 to steal
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Deft Dodger, Swift Swipe

WearingWhere: Advanced Flying With: Class Thinking: Yesssss!OOC

Para- para- paradise
Whoa-oh-oh oh-oooh oh-oh-oh.

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Squeeky Luff rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 5:04 pm
User Image

User Image
"What you confuse for honesty,
is fire from the tongue of a liar.
What you confuse for sanity,
is a broken mirror that cracks more.

Claire glared at the targets, as if they had purposefully made her miss. This...This was infuriating.

Targeting the...target once more she swung towards the bludger with all her might.

"....Hit."

My feelings? I'm annoyed you know?
Precious thought of mine, "Come on..."
I'm a Slytherin.
Did you know that I'm a third year?
My strings are being pulled. "..." Out of character.

Mods: +1 for two years of playing, +1 for Advanced Flying I, +2 for Mean Swing = +4 to hit
Skills: Dang Healthy, Deft Dodger & Mean Swing  
Third Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces