Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply The School of Dedicated Role Players
Divided we Fall | O/A | Fantasy/Sci-Fi Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I--LiveWire--I

Merry Hoarder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:49 pm
User Image

r. on umen

Dr. Lumen remembered, but it was not his job to make the shadow man Erakai develop loyalty for his Queen. Erakai's smirk and clear insanity as he laughed. Especially in his dull red eyes Von was nearly certain he would have to go the hard way. Arianna would not approve failure due to refusal to follow protocol with an asset. He gave a sigh. "Yes, I heard you Erakai." He paused before continuing. "My Queen hoped that going against Clevor would gain your support. Though clearly, you are adamant about aiding no one but yourself." Von ran his hands through his hair and was quiet for a while, trying to put aside any personal feelings he had before proceeding as he had been ordered when dealing with uncooperative assets. Looking back into Erakai's eyes he spoke with a serious, yet almost pleading tone as if he actually cared about Erakai. "Is there nothing that could change your mind?" He didn't seem phased at all by the chilling cackles.

"All is fair in love, war, and science!"

goddess_of_the_night13

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:46 am
╃Ѯӷᾇҝᾇΐ ɀᾇӷȡΐҝ╄
ϯђҙ Crΐɯȿϕᾗ Sђᾇȡϕψ

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Erakai's laugh faded after a little while as he tried to listen to the doctor. Not as though he cared much for what he had to say but it was more for amusement at this point. Oh they clearly were mad if they thought that anything could change his mind. It stung though that Dr. Lumen said that he only cared about helping himself. That was not true, not true at all. He cared about one other person.. He just wouldn't dare say it. Not to anyone. Especially now that he was wanted. They would use her against him, they would torture her, kill her, do anything to gain his supposed support. Even if it was forced, he knew that they would do anything to gain it. If they wanted his shadows badly enough to capture him and send some of their fighters, probably some of their best, out to get him then there was no way they were going to stop. Who knew what lengths they would go to.. "There is but one thing that could change my mind.. And you will never be able to give it to me. Don't act like you care. I'm just an Experiment. Your kind have done enough to me when I never asked for it. But then again, what else is one to expect form you doctors? All you care about is your precious data and results and who can you make the strongest, the fastest, the best all so you can win this bloody war?! Well I will have no part in your war! I don't care if you do send me against Clevor! I hate him, yes, oh do I ever hate him.. But I will get to him in my own time and I have a purpose. One which you are very effectively disrupting. And I do not appreciate it when someone disrupts me.."

I--LiveWire--I

goddess_of_the_night13

I--LiveWire--I

Merry Hoarder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:27 am
User Image

r. on umen

It seemed to Von that Erakai had all doctors and most likely people in general, fitted into labeled groups and assumed all acted or thought in the same manner. As much as being told to his face all he cared about was data stung, he sympathized with how he must be feeling. He could almost feel Erakai's hate, and venom as he spoke, revealing much pain, anger, and suffering. And though he did love his science and his queen, he did wish this war didn't dictate his research.
In spite of hurtful accusations thrown at him and the blatant refusal to come to a rational agreement, Dr. Lumen's eyes softened once again, a hint of sadness tinged his sapphire eyes. He didn't bother to say anything to correct what Erakai had said, for with what he was about to do he would only seem to make him a liar. And though he was the primary inventor of the system and it yielded great results, each time he used it he felt as if a part of his humanity slipped away. His feelings didn't allow him to bend rules or disobey orders, especially directly from the Queen.
Sliding his goggles back over his eyes, his expression went completely blank. "I am sorry, but it seems you leave me no other options." His tone serious as he blocked out his personal feelings to complete his orders. He turned around and strolled across the room to a metal shelf where a variety of tools and shiny objects rested. With his back to Erakai he began preparations for the installation of an LRS.

goddess_of_the_night13

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:33 pm
╃Ѯӷᾇҝᾇΐ ɀᾇӷȡΐҝ╄
ϯђҙ Crΐɯȿϕᾗ Sђᾇȡϕψ

As Dr. Lumen's face went blank and he apologized Erakai's heart thumped a little faster. No other choice? Just what did this man think that he was going to do to him? Nothing. He wasn't going to touch him. Not ever again would a scientist touch him. Not ever again. No no no no... "No no no!!! You will never touch me!! Do you hear me?! The second you take this barrier down and I am going to rip you to shreds!! I will make you tear yourself to shreds!! I will have my shadows and I will kill you!!" he suddenly started screaming. Anger and, though he would never admit it and didn't really show it, fear started to take over as he watched the doctor doing something with some tools that Erakai had no idea what they did. All he knew was that he had to get out of there, and fast apparently. before this guy actually tried something and, worst of all he feared, actually succeeded. His breathing a little heavy, he looked around his lit enclosure, specifically looking for any weak points in the barrier but he found nothing. Fine.. He would do this the hard way. He backed up to the back of the cell then suddenly ran right at the barrier, putting his full weight into it. The shock and impact made him stumble backwards quite a few steps but all he did was run right back at it and again and again until he could no longer think clearly from all of the shock. His shoulder and arm hurt terribly, as he was using extra energy to propel himself faster and harder. There had to be a way to break this barrier down.. He put his hands straight on it and tried to force his own energy on it, trying to short circuit it somehow. He didn't care that it was shocking him, he didn't care how badly it hurt, he just gave Dr. Lumen a big, crazed smile.

I--LiveWire--I

goddess_of_the_night13

I--LiveWire--I

Merry Hoarder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:07 pm
User Image

r. on umen

Dr. Lumen didn't respond or react to the shouts, threats and screams that Erakai unleashed in his anger and fear of what Lumen was planning to do to him. He didn't even glance backwards as he frantically threw himself against the barrier. That containment unit had been specially designed to contain Erakai, and without the use of his shadows he wasn't any more difficult to contain than a great number of other experiments. He could throw himself violently against the special barrier all day, but he would render himself unconscious long before he could disrupt it.
Dr. Lumen injected something into silver ring he held in front of him, out of Erakai's view. He made a few more adjustments then turned to walk back towards the cell. His expression the same blank, serious one remained even as Erakai gave Von a crazed smile. One which Von was certain masked his deeper fear and anger. Stopping in front of Erakai he spoke one simple word, his tone empty. "Bind." The thin silver colored bands around Erakai's wrists and ankles would snap together instantly, like powerful magnets drawn to one another. Dr. Lumen watched from behind his goggles, holding the collar-like device in his hands as he stood mere feet from Erakai.

goddess_of_the_night13

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:41 pm
╃Ѯӷᾇҝᾇΐ ɀᾇӷȡΐҝ╄
ϯђҙ Crΐɯȿϕᾗ Sђᾇȡϕψ

Erakai's smile didn't fade until the binds around his wrists and ankles snapped together. He tried to hold back a sound of pain as his leg and shoulder were both pulled but his mind was still too hazy from shocking and it escaped. How pathetic of him... Mentally, he berated himself for it. Stupid stupid Erakai.. Don't let them know! If they know you are weak they will think they've won! That they can hurt you! Obviously this doctor thought that he could anyways.... He was holding something that looked like a metal collar and Erakai tried to move backwards, growling deep in his throat. This man would not touch him... But yet.. Erakai saw no way out. He pulled violently against the restraints but to no avail. He tried to reach out to his shadows, but even they had abandoned him now.. No. They were just kept away by this cursed light. That was all. His shadows would never abandon him. If only he could get the lights out.. But he couldn't even do that... He was completely trapped. As soon as that realization hit him he began screaming again, screaming like an absolute madman. He screamed a few incomprehensible words, a couple times one could possibly make out "shadows" or "era" or "bell". He continued to pull against the restraints until they cut right through his skin. He was almost convulsive in his movements, desperate. He had to get out. He couldn't let this man touch him. Not again. Not again.. Those filthy scientists would never get their hands on him again...

I--LiveWire--I

goddess_of_the_night13

I--LiveWire--I

Merry Hoarder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:31 pm
User Image

r. on umen

Dr. Lumen watched him degrade rapidly into crazed screaming and panicked convulsions. Though outwardly he showed no sign of emotion his heart twisted. It had been a long time since he had seen someone react so violently, desperate to get away. With a slight frown he pushed the thoughts away and slid his hand under his coat and produced a needle. Sliding it into a small socket at the side of the cell a small metallic dome like dart gun rolled out of the small metal lining near the barrier inside the brightened cell. It fired three quick shots at the thrashing man. Each loaded with a potent paralytic drug that would cause the target to become immobilized. He was cautious and efficient, Von didn't take needed risks when it came to simple procedures. He wasn't likely to make a mistake that could make room for errors.

goddess_of_the_night13

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:46 pm
╃Ѯӷᾇҝᾇΐ ɀᾇӷȡΐҝ╄
ϯђҙ Crΐɯȿϕᾗ Sђᾇȡϕψ

Even through his thrashing and screaming, Erakai heard the dart gun click and fire. Rolling to the side, he managed to evade one of them but the other two struck home and he screamed bloody murder. Needles.. Needles.... No no no they were using needles on him! "I... will...... kill...." he tried to say but his voice trailed off as everything started going numb. Slowly, the convulsive-like jerking died away to twitching then stilled into nothingness. They were going to win... He couldn't believe it.. They were going to win... Those years of searching for his sister were going to end now because they had him. Now he really had failed.. He didn't even have his shadows for comfort as he lay still, the only indication he lived his heavy breathing and his dull, hate-filled crimson eyes that stared right at Dr. Lumen. As soon as this wore off.. Erakai was going to have him. Drain every last drop of blood right after he inflicted all the same pains to this doctor that he had caused him. Tie him up and throw him in a cell, shoot him up with as many needles as he could find, anything that would cause him fear and pain. He would wipe that coolness right off of his face... And.. and that.. that light little frown..?

I--LiveWire--I

goddess_of_the_night13

I--LiveWire--I

Merry Hoarder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:29 pm
User Image

r. on umen

Dr. Lumen looked straight into the dull red eyes of Erakai as the paralytic drug took effect. The hate that emanated from them felt almost tangible but he didn't look away. Once he was sure Erakai was unable to move he stepped forward, passing through the barrier as if it wasn't even there making a soft beeping noise. With a passive expression he knelt down on one knee next to Erakai, expression totally blank again as he held out the silver LRS collar device. It was sleek with a thin seam down the center, a couple of tiny lights, and slight bumps on the inner side. Grasping it with both hands he gave a light tug and a side came apart. Leaning over he placed it around Erakai's neck where the edge sealed itself together again forming an smooth surface like it had never been apart in the first place. As Dr. Lumen leaned back one on the lights flashed yellow multiple times. Then the bumps became needle-like and stuck into Erakai's neck as it confirmed identity and made a bond to his body that would make it nearly impossible to remove. Dr. Lumen stood and backed away, through the barrier as this happened. It was never pleasant to have something attach itself to you as the LRS did. The pain wouldn't last long, probably only about thirty seconds, but it was a very painful thirty seconds. After which the light would stop flashing yellow and turn green with a small beep.

goddess_of_the_night13

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:40 pm
╃Ѯӷᾇҝᾇΐ ɀᾇӷȡΐҝ╄
ϯђҙ Crΐɯȿϕᾗ Sђᾇȡϕψ

Erakai's breathing picked up even further with each step that Dr. Lumen took towards him so that by the time he was kneeling Erakai's breathing had turned into nearly hyperventilating gasps. He needed out of there. He needed out of there. This man was going to touch him. He was going to do things to him.. Horrible, horrible things... He was sure. And when he placed the collar around Erakai's neck he knew that he was right. At first it was just a tight, smooth, cold band. But just as the good doctor stepped back onto the other side of the barrier it shot the most horrible pain through him than he could have ever possible started to imagine. It was a bit like connecting with the barrier but a thousand times worse. Needles buried into his neck and sent that horrid shock through him. It nearly frayed his entire nervous system for a second, snapping him out of the paralysis. But then it was just like another had taken hold. His lips spread apart in a scream more horrible than any of his previous ones. After a moment, his arms twitched before they flew up to his neck and he tried desperately to get the collar off in jerking motions. The pain from his nails digging into his skin didn't even register as he kept screaming until finally finally it started to ebb. Finally, he had no idea how long, maybe only seconds maybe hours, the pain faded and he was left gasping on the floor in ragged little uneven breaths. He tried to say something as he began crawling towards the barrier, another threat, but nothing would respond correctly and he collapsed, his eyes now so dull they seemed to be tinged with grey. It was all he could do to just keep gasping.

I--LiveWire--I

goddess_of_the_night13

I--LiveWire--I

Merry Hoarder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:00 pm
User Image

r. on umen

It took great mental control to not tense, cry, or stop the pain that Erakai was in as he screamed bloody murder. Had he not been exposed to this sort of thing since he was a child he wouldn't have even been able to go through with this. He watched, knowing exactly the amount of pain was being inflicted having been testing his system on himself since he had created it. But it was still hard to watch someone else go through so much pain, especially when all they wanted was to be left alone. But these where times of war and he was under orders to do whatever it took to stay one step ahead of the enemy.
Once the process was done and he looked down into the grayish eyes of Erakai, his own reflected a hint of sorrow behind his goggles. "Release." He said and the rings on his wrists and ankles let go of each other. Calmly he turned and retried a bag of blood from a refrigerated box at the back of the room. Returning to the gasping Erakai, he pushed a button on the side of the unit and a small door opened up underneath. Dropping the sac inside the door closed and another opened from the smooth metal inside the cell. "Drink, you will need your strength." He said calmly before turning and moving to a nearby computer and beginning to analyze the install of the LRS.

goddess_of_the_night13

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:23 pm
╃Ѯӷᾇҝᾇΐ ɀᾇӷȡΐҝ╄
ϯђҙ Crΐɯȿϕᾗ Sђᾇȡϕψ

Erakai was still shuddering when Dr. Lumen released his bonds but his hands flew instantly to his neck. Now that they weren't bound together, maybe he could... Digging his nails into his skin proved too painful for the moment so he dropped his hands in defeat. No. Not defeat. He wouldn't give up yet. Just... not now.. Not now... His eyes drifted shut and he nearly passed out from everything that had just happened until he heard something slide into his cell. Wearily, he opened his eyes to find a.. bag of blood? He looked up to Dr. Lumen cautiously. Why would he care to give Erakai blood? Especially after such torture? It must be poisoned... Or.. or... He had no idea what but he did know that he refused to drink it even though he was nearly thirsty enough to not care about any kind of poison.. Perhaps it was some kind of act of sympathy... But if this insane doctor thought that this was some kind of way to say "sorry I just inflicted you with enough pain to nearly kill you" he was sorely mistaken. Then again, saying sorry in any manner was the most unlikely thing in the world, right next to the good doctor feeling any kind of remorse. Even if it was a simple act of pity, Erakai still wanted no part in it. "I-....if.... you th...think..... I would... drink.... that then..... then.... you're even m-.... more mad... than I thou....thought..." he managed to gasp out.

I--LiveWire--I

goddess_of_the_night13

I--LiveWire--I

Merry Hoarder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:38 pm
User Image

r. on umen

Dr. Lumen only looked back when Erakai spoke in broken, gasping breaths. Turning he lifted his goggles from his eyes and looked directly into the dull eyes of the man, his own calm and almost passive. This was typical behavior, but irrational none the less. "Then consider me mad. From what I understand you need to drink blood to survive. So unless you want to shrivel up in there then I suggest you drink it." His tone level and matter of fact. He turned his gaze back to the holo screens and wondered why it was so common for prisoners of any sort to believe providing food might be some sort of trick. In this case it would not make a lick of sense to chase him down, capture him, and go as far as to install an LRS just to kill him off. After all it was his abilities they were after, not his life. So it only made sense to keep him alive and after all he had been through in the last several hours he would be needing something to restore his energy.

goddess_of_the_night13

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:14 am
╃Ѯӷᾇҝᾇΐ ɀᾇӷȡΐҝ╄
ϯђҙ Crΐɯȿϕᾗ Sђᾇȡϕψ

Erakai didn't care what reason the man may have had for giving him blood, he would not drink it. Though his eyes continually went to the bag he kept himself from running over and tearing it open. Instead, he tired to focus on the collar. Again, he tried to dig into his skin to get it off, the act seeming rather desperate but it was the only thing he could think of to do. Whatever this collar was it was bad news.. He wondered for a moment if it could cause the same amount of pain as it had earlier and he paused in his scratching. Surely not... Oh but surely this doctor was cruel enough to make it do that.. He didn't understand the cruelty of these people. Yes, most considered him cruel, drinking a person dry, but he did it to survive and he hated it. This man could have cared less about what he had just done. So would most any person. They were all the same. Cruel and always in search of ways to hurt one another. Be it a collar, an experiment, a whole war or a simple beating.. No no, don't think about that either.. Never think of that wretched man. The memories would not go away this time however, his comforting shadows gone. He gave a sudden yell and threw the bag of blood away from him. He hated people... Loathed them like no other could possibly even imagine. The only thing he wanted was his shadows and his sister... And now he had neither.. "What.... what is this.... thing...?" he finally asked to distract himself, trying to pull on the collar.

I--LiveWire--I

goddess_of_the_night13

I--LiveWire--I

Merry Hoarder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:56 am
User Image

r. on umen

Dr. Lumen was scanning over the data he was receiving from the collar, transfixed by it. He always loved looking at how the human body was changed and adapted to experiments. The human body was truly amazing. But he had to remember that not all experiments went well and often times the subjects did not want them. They where people, just like he was and no amount of biological changes would make them less so. He was lost in thought, still scanning over the information when Ekarai asked a question. Von turned away from the screens to see him pulling on the collar. He still hadn't drank the blood, he appeared to have tossed it across his cell where it sat. Why was he so stubborn. Moving closer Von answered the question. "It is the latest LRS model." He paused to pull a chair from a desk and sit in it to continue his explanation. "Its a special device used to 'encourage' good behavior. It connected with your bodies systems which allow both positive and negative results based on your actions." He paused, keeping his tone level. "Basically, if you do what is asked you will be rewarded, if not..." he trailed off letting Erakai's imagination come up with the if not. He slid his goggles back over his eyes, feeling a pang of guilt for saying that so emotionlessly. Though he could have been sobbing and begging forgiveness for the deed, but that wouldn't have changed anything in Erakai's mind anyway so why bother.

goddess_of_the_night13

The School of Dedicated Role Players

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas