Welcome to Gaia! ::

Love's Orchard {Open/Accepting}

Back to Guilds

Find the love of your life through the taste of fruit~. 

Tags: Romance, Slice of Life, Soulmate, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply ● Uptown Soleil
Essence de Soleil Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 42 43 44 45 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cho-Cho Twain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:31 pm
User Image

◊ Jɛȵı ɱı Ƞɑɱ ◊
Your Winter-Loving Lady

╔════════ ♦ ═════════════ ♦ ════════════ ♦ ═════════╗

"Alright...turn this corner...and...I'm here." Jeni mumbled to herself as her eyes moved between the sidewalks in front of her and down at her cellphone's bright screen. She had been such a home-body that she barely knew how to get around the city. The whole fact is kinda sad since she's been living here for a couple months, maybe? Probably even longer than that... The only few places she knew where to go was her house, Robin's house, Shiro's house, Bookworm and Moonbucks. That's it. All of her usual go-to places were the only specific areas she knew like the back of her hand. As for the rest of Soliel? Screw that. She'd need a map to get around. Honestly it's a miracle that she even got to this place on time without getting lost. Well, that was one task down. The next objective would be to find her blind date. What did he look like anyways? All she really got was his name - Tyrese. Nothing more, nothing less.

Jeni made her way up the the museum as her glacier blue eyes roamed to and fro for anyone that could have been this so-called Tyrese. The museum didn't seem too busy, it seemed like the opposite. As she adjusted her glasses, she caught a figure by the front desk. Was that him? Hopefully it was so it would make finding him less of a challenge. While approaching closer, she noticed her pace slowed down until she completely stopped at an awkward distance. Great, cold feet. Not only that, but now, out of all times, she had a second thought. What was she doing? She wasn't "dating" material. After her failed marriage with Delsin, her date life kinda took a nose-dive into an emotional abyss. It even followed her throughout high school, so after all of this time it was really, REALLY, awkward to even talk to a potential partner. In her mind, she might as well buy a s**t ton of cats and call it a day.

Her mind flooded with thoughts until she finally took notice of her current position. "s**t." It was too late for turning back, even though she wanted to. Instead, she swallowed her anxiety, adjusted the hat on her head and proceeded to talk to the male. The closer she got, the better look she got of him. He was much taller than her, had dark hair, and looked a bit distant, but she wasn't the one to talk about distant people. Jeni was the definition of "cold shoulder". Anyways, she finally made it to the front desk after taking what felt like an eternity to get there. "Um, Hi. You're Tyrese, right?" The sorceress asked as her left hand tightly gripped the brown leather strap of her bag. God, this was awkward. But, as painfully awkward it was, it would be beneficial for the home-body to get out of her house every now and then.

╚════════ ♦ ═════════════ ♦ ════════════ ♦ ═════════╝
♦ Who?: Blind Date ♦ Where?: Essence de Soleil ♦ Money: $900.00 ♦ Outfit: Casual Date ♦ OOC: It's fine! ^^

whiters4

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:33 pm

User Image
Quoth The Raven: "Nevermore"

═ ║═ ║═ ║═ ║═ ║═ ║═ ║═ ║═ ║═ ║═ ║═ ║═ ║═ ║═ ║═ ║═ ║═ ║═ ║═ ║═
✗ Jeni
✗ Shared link:
✗ Is in human form
✗ Link to journal: none currently
Blind Date/ Driving
✗ Inspiration for newest work: Long Time Coming
✗ Today's deadline: --

Tyrese nibbled his lip. Art, art, and beach-themed art. It was an art museum, so go figure. He only disliked the theme, this Nanoa fruit with magical match making powers. He'd had quite enough of that, thank you! His high school experience sang the same tune. Did no one understand? 99.9 percent of the rest of the world didn't have it told to them who they were meant to be with. They made their own relationships work, and their marriages as well. Not all of them stayed together, but that was life! They weren't living in a perfect world! Perhaps that explained his frustration, and his disgust with himself, when his high school friends mentioned being matched as soul mates. All he could perceive was his failure being rubbed in his face, waiting on the next words that things didn't work out because Koizora 'didn't say it was meant to be.' Were they going to tell him he wasn't really in love either? It frustrated him to no end.

Snapping out of it as he reached the last page, he was offered a tour guide for his experience and politely turned it down. Rather, he turned his back to reception and flipped to the map in his brochure. He hadn't even began to concentrate when he sensed a pair of eyes on his person, feeling the hair on the back of his neck raise. It hadn't been a necessary reaction, except the full moon made him jumpy. It eased when he found who it was, with a subtle glance, and noticed the woman with brown to blonde hair and eyes like the post-storm sky. Could be Jeni, possibly. It was weird to play it off naturally until she approached him, be he was used to dealing with feeling awkward. Refer to numerous talk shows, interviews, and a few first dates. He was going through with it.

"Yes, Tyrese Havens. And you're Jeni." With an inkling of curiosity directed to the person at least a foot shorter than himself. This wasn't a business meeting, not really a formal one, so he didn't offer his hand to shake. "I've seen you at Bookworm's a few times, I'm a frequent customer there." He then pointed out, his eyes lighting up with the familiarity when it hit him. From customer to patron they hadn't interacted before, it was a little humorous they should meet up now for something like this.

User Image
Estate #: 1504 Lumiere ┋Funds: $467.75』
TemperStressHappiness lvls:✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎』
"My words are useless if they don't deconstruct the limitations that keep the creativity in you from flourishing." -TY Havens

Out Of Chamomile:
Cho-Cho Twain

oOBookwormYumiOo"

Quote:

WhitersNote
Crew

Unstoppable Shapeshifter

14,175 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200

Cho-Cho Twain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:33 pm
User Image

◊ Jɛȵı ɱı Ƞɑɱ ◊
Your Winter-Loving Lady

A sense of relief slightly washed over Jeni as she had found her date. That was much less of a challenge than she initially thought. Now that she had found her blind date, all there really was to do was attempt to enjoy the night, if she could get rid of the awkwardness that is... "Mhm. Jeni Mi Nam." After their little introduction, she noticed how a handshake wasn't offered. Good. That made things even less awkward. Considering that she's practically as cold as a corpse, she thought that the idea of having to simply shake his hand would have been disastrous. Who just has hands literally as cold as ice? No one else seemed to take to kind to her frosty touch - minus Robin who's gotten used to it. Again, another reason why she bummed around at home in her library. Books don't care if you're cold.

Speaking of books, apparently he had seen her a few times at Bookworm. "You've...seen me?" Her head cocked to the side as a dog would while she pondered for a moment. So they've seen - or rather HE saw HER - each other before, huh? She thought long and hard about it. He did look a little familiar...sorta. The sorceress was just going to dismiss the topic when it finally hit her. "Ohhh, so you're the one that Robin kinda...annoyed..." Maybe that was something she shouldn't have mentioned. It was a long while ago, but she did vaguely remember that her companion had made him a bit upset. That's all she muster up in her memory pretty much. Didn't he suggest a book, too?

Anyway, for a brief moment, Jeni turned away from Tyrese only to grab a brochure from the receptionist. Her hands must have grazed his because he was quick to let go of the small booklet and shot her a bewildered look. Alright, that was her cue to leave the front desk. "I guess we should look around, huh? We didn't come here for nothing." Jeni suggested as she flipped to the page in the mini map and began to walk off. As she walked, she was quick to take notice of the beachy theme. Weird. Every now and then she'd see a few other pieces of art that weren't beach themed, but it was about the Nanoa fruit. A small huff escaped her lips as she stopped in front of some decorative glass in the size and shape of the match making fruit. "How can this determine your soul-mate? It honestly sounds like something from a child's fairytale..."

♦ Who?: Tyrese ♦ Where?: Essence de Soleil ♦ Money: $900.00 ♦ Outfit: Casual Date ♦ OOC:

whiters4

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:54 pm

User Image

✗ Jeni
✗ Shared link:
✗ Is in human form
Blind Date/ Driving

Tyrese considered maybe it was strange of him to remember such a small occurrence so quickly, as it hadn't been significant to anyone but himself at the time. He'd only just leaned about Sela the day before and was stressed getting to know each other wasn't going so well. A bit of a coy hesitation flashed across his countenance the longer she lingered on it. It wasn't because he was such a socially deprived creep that he instantly knew her face at a glance! He just had a good memory in general. As it finally hit her he quickly nodded and smiled, relieved. "Yes, something like that." Such a worry-wart you are, Ty. Relax. As she turned away, he mentally huffed at himself and shook off the start of a nervous blush. This wasn't high school anymore.

"Sure, lets go once you're ready. I'm sure this place isn't so bad." As old of tastes as he usually had, it had never included art before. Wearing monocles and pretentiously discussing the complexity of a red streak on white paper was not his image of fun. For this occasion it seemed appropriate. Turning to walk pace with his new acquaintance, he glanced curiously at the stunned receptionist but didn't ponder on the expression frozen on their face. Strange. They stopped at some type of glass-blown fruit, the Nanoa fruit according to the label, and Ty furrowed his brow. This was it? "Maybe I'm being harsh, but just break up with the guy or girl if you're so insecure that you need a magic potato to tell you you're in love."

A strained frustration occupied his expression momentarily, quickly swept away with a smoothing down of his beanie. He honestly began to hate the notion, at no one's fault but his own. "I went to a high school that claimed to be cursed with the same magic, I just never saw the point behind it." He observed a little further, in case she questioned his reaction. She could see it differently than him, he'd met enough people who did. Waiting until she seemed satisfied with looking, he eased his stroll while moving on to the next one. "So, how long have you lived in this area? I've been here a few short months and I like the place a lot." He asked, knowing he should try to converse rather than just awkwardly walk and look the whole time. Counterproductive!

User Image
TemperStressHappiness lvls:✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎』
"My words are useless if they don't deconstruct the limitations that keep the creativity in you from flourishing." -TY Havens

Out Of Chamomile:
Cho-Cho Twain

oOBookwormYumiOo"

Quote:

WhitersNote
Crew

Unstoppable Shapeshifter

14,175 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200

Cho-Cho Twain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:44 pm
User Image

◊ Jɛȵı ɱı Ƞɑɱ ◊
Your Winter-Loving Lady

"The only thing I'd be more curious about is the taste - not the little legend behind it. But, I'm not willing to get lost in some jungle to find it." Jeni added as her eyes glanced back down at her brochure. The only thing it mentioned about this piece of art was the artist himself and the whole story behind it. Not very amusing. She was pretty sure that everyone in the city knew about the oh-so-special Nanoa fruit. As soon as Tyrese slowly began to trail off, Jeni was quick to follow. Not only because she didn't want to get left behind, but also the fact that he mentioned something big. "So you went to Koizora, too?" She guessed it was her own fault for not knowing. She didn't really talk to anyone really... Not even her own roommate. She only made a few acquaintances to get help in certain classes, which was kind of a b***h move. That probably also led to her forgetting those so called acquaintances too. Knowing that Tyrese went to the same high school made Jeni feel a bit ashamed. She was so distant and well...rather indifferent to people back then that she barely even knew any of the people in her grade! She should really pay attention more...

The feeling of shame and embarrassment mixed together. Again, there was no one to blame but herself. Instead of only talking to people for her own advantage, she should've at least TRIED to make friends. It wasn't only until after graduation that she made some distant friends while working at the main library in Calico city. Even with that in mind, she still doesn't keep in touch. Hell, she doesn't even know their whole name let alone a phone number to reach them. It was quite obvious that her social skills were pretty much little to none. On the bright side, at least she made two close friends - Robin and Yushiro. That's an improvement, right?

"I lived here for a couple months, too. Soliel is pretty much like Calico, so it wasn't hard to transition. I thought that maybe moving would be good fresh start, but I feel like the move hasn't really made a drastic change in my life. Similar job, similar town. But I'm not hating it either~" She replied as she gave a little shrug. She would have smiled to show how she took a liking to the place, but didn't want to embarrass herself any further. A weird and painfully awkward smile would've been hard to watch - at least on Tyrese's part. As the two passed by multiple art pieces, Jeni observed the differences between each piece. Yeah, they were all either about beaches or the fruit, but it was still nice to pick out each part that made it unique. It was almost like trying to find Waldo in a strange way. "So what do you do? You already found out I work at Bookworm, so I'm kind of curious about you usually do... If you don't mind me asking that is."

♦ Who?: Tyrese ♦ Where?: Essence de Soleil ♦ Money: $900.00 ♦ Outfit: Casual Date ♦ OOC:

whiters4

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:19 pm

User Image

✗ Jeni
✗ Shared link:
✗ Is in human form
Blind Date/ Driving

The taste? Of the fruit? That was a curious thing to wonder. "I've never thought of that." Tyrese hummed, becoming more careful of his vocal cords the more he used them. He was used to the way his voice sounded, but not everyone else was. He'd have the scar tissue removed, but somehow just didn't want to. He wasn't even scared of the idea of surgery, he guessed he kept the injury as a reminder. Emotion baggage to put a bitter taste in his mouth, and it was just who he was now. And his excuse to drink obsessive amounts of tea, keep a herb garden, and be an overall grouchy old man hoarding classic movies and shooing kids off his lawn. What more Was there to ask for? Retirement, maybe? But he digressed.

He paused, dumbfounded when Jeni mentioned the name of his school. "Yeah..." He began slowly, looking her over as if for the first time. "I hope we weren't in the same class and didn't even know it. I was kinda an a** who only hung around two people." And he still...kinda only hung around two people. Three. He wasn't counting Alex. Unconsciously pulling his lips to one side and cocking his head, he tried to think back. It was vain because he stayed either with Finn or Lillian. "Its a smaller world than I thought." He felt like an a**. He hadn't even gone to his graduation, understandably, but had also cut off all high school connections. How awful of him in retrospect.

"I moved here to get away. I like quiet, uneventful towns." If only living here had been uneventful. It was not, by a long shot. More power to Jeni if she wanted drastic change, though not in the negative sense. Shaking his head, he was happy to meet someone who didn't know who he was. That's pretentious, isn't it. But it was true. "I write for a living. Although I'll be opening a lowly little bed and breakfast on the beach tomorrow. A bar owner friend of mine is offering a free drink from her place to anyone who comes." He looked at the art, his hands in his pockets. "You're welcome too, of course." At least then it wouldn't just be him and the staff. Finn and Aubrey would stop by too.

"I don't have my topics for small talk in my pocket, I'm terrible with small talk." He sighed, navy orbs catching sight of her face once more. "I could tell you my life's story and get it out of the way now." A small smile played on his lips, "You can still run the opposite way screaming if you want, I won't judge." He didn't fit the script for the average dream guy, especially once one heard he had a kid. He should admit that before today was over, Sela was apart of the package.

User Image
Temper✎✎✎✎✎┋Stress✎✎✎✎✎Happiness lvls✎✎✎✎✎』

Out Of Chamomile:
Cho-Cho Twain

oOBookwormYumiOo"

Quote:

WhitersNote
Crew

Unstoppable Shapeshifter

14,175 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200

Cho-Cho Twain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:10 pm
User Image

◊ Jɛȵı ɱı Ƞɑɱ ◊
Your Winter-Loving Lady

Jeni was a rather inquisitive person, secretly though. She always wanted to know everything, even little insignificant details...at least that's what she was like when she was little. Her curious nature was probably the byproduct of her village's strict rules and regulations. No doing this or that, and etc. Everyone had their role in their little community and it was expected by the village elders that everyone would shut up and stick to their role as well. She guessed mentioning her interest in the fruit's flavor was a bit odd. But hey, she'd rather be weird and still be honest than lie just to fit in. There was nothing wrong with being a little curious anyways...

After mentioning the high school, Tyrese seemed as guilty as she did for not noticing that they were in the same grade and class. Even so, that was all far in the past. "I wouldn't worry about it now, ya know. That was years ago." She said as she patted his shoulder in reassurance. Thank god he had that jacket on. He probably didn't notice her chilly hands. "And at least you made some friends. I kinda just talked to people when I needed help in class. Other than that, my loner a** stayed faithfully in the library." Jeni added, trying to level themselves out. He didn't talk to people much, nor did she. No one was at fault, that's just how they were in high school she guessed. At least now she's a bit more willing to talk. She couldn't keep to herself forever...unless she wanted to be that old cat lady in the future.

Mentioning that he was a writer caught Jeni's attention. It was hard to deny her fascination with books and writers. However, as much as she loved reading and whatnot, she couldn't write a story for s**t. How was she supposed to make a plot that stayed relevant, was eye-catching, had twists, AND had nicely developed characters. Reading was her hobby while writing wasn't a talent bestowed upon her. She was a bit envious of Tyrese. "Well, congrats on your bed and breakfast, Mr. Writer." She said with a pleasant tone while clapping quietly. They were in a museum after all, so she couldn't just cheer for him all loud and willy-nilly. "I'll be sure to stop by sometime tomorrow then." A little visit wouldn't hurt, right? She would have an excuse to leave the house, plus grab a free drink in the process. All was well in her eyes. Besides, she kinda wanted to see the interior of the B&B too. One could tell a lot from just how their business - or home - looked.

"Oh please. Telling me everything all at once will be boring. Besides, wouldn't it be weird if I knew everything about you and you barely know anything about me?" She spoke a bit bluntly, but not intentionally. "Let's just take it one step at a time. You tell me one thing, then I tell you something. We'll probably know each other a little more by the end."

whiters4

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:49 pm

User Image

✗ Jeni
✗ Shared link:
✗ Is in human form
Blind Date/ Driving

Tyrese shook his head, "Of course. It's just funny to look back at those years. Don't you think? It's only been three years, but I'm getting a Back to the Future vibe." He chuckled. Finn wouldn't leave him alone and the other person had been his girlfriend at the time. Else, he would be in her shoes. "Someone likely thought of you as a friend back then, you just didn't know it." That was his case in college, he still got the occasional phone call from a so and so. "But everything was an evolution into something better" He added, folding his hands behind his back. He felt a little groggy, like he was high. It was an effort, but he wouldn't let it be wasted when a second date couldn't be guaranteed.

He blushed lightly, looking just slightly away. "Thank you. It's been a dream of mine." He breathed quietly, shyly. Being praised always made him flustered, he was always so meek and to himself. He had wanted, so badly, to celebrate with Lillian despite their ongoing separation. But, well that was self explanatory. It was over. Pouting to himself in thought, he gave an appreciating nod to know Jeni would stop by. "It'll help a lot. Thanks." He was excited more than anything, he had the support and the willingness down. Now just to perform. Then he and his two best and closest friends would all be business owners. "I'll keep an eye out for you, and save some champagne."

And despite her tone, he laughed at her statement. "I should hope you wouldn't find me brining just because I revealed my childhood. I guarantee you, I have a lot more to offer." He tended to get short, in a sense, in these situations. He also felt like he was hiding something, wondering when it was best to mention being a single father. Since it was a make or break situation, he'd rather let it break now than later. "But Sure! Let's do it that way."

User Image

Out Of Chamomile:
Cho-Cho Twain

oOBookwormYumiOo"

Quote:

WhitersNote
Crew

Unstoppable Shapeshifter

14,175 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200

Cho-Cho Twain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:01 pm
User Image

◊ Jɛȵı ɱı Ƞɑɱ ◊
Your Winter-Loving Lady

Now the sudden blush was surprising. Tyrese didn't seem like the type to get easily flustered - by appearance at least. Even if he was a bit soft spoken, it was unexpected of him to grow rosy cheeks from a simple congratulations. But, she wasn't going to judge. Everyone blushed, but with her emotionless face, it looked strange. Whenever her cheeks became flushed, which rarely happens, she looks as though she just put on too much rouge against her pale cheeks. Curse her darn face! Why must she be stuck with resting b***h-face for life? This is the main reason why she practices facial expressions a couple times a day. Yeah, it was weird, but it seemed to help...kinda. She sorta learned how to smile...if a crooked one counts as one.

Alright, back to the date. "Okay then. I'll start with something easy and straightforward. Now let's see..." Her long-lashed eyes searched each piece of art for a reference. When she found one, she scurried over and pointed at the snowy mountain top. The painting's main focus was, of course, the beach but in the background stood a tall and grand mountain. To start off their little "sharing game" Jeni supposed it would be best to start in order, right at the beginning. They were kinda talking about their childhood anyways. "I used to live here. Well, not exactly that mountain, but you get the picture." She said as she started thinking of what else to add. "Um...Oh! I don't technically miss the village as a whole, but I kinda wish I could go back home." That wish was a dream that sadly wouldn't be fulfilled. Whoever left her village or got banned could never come back. It's kind of similar to any other Amish community if you think about it. Jeni began to sulk over the matter but quickly caught herself. Why was she upset about not being able to go back? She felt so oppressed there. "I'd only go back for mom's cooking..." She mumbled and crossed her arms over her chest. She guessed that was one semi-legitimate reason of wanting to go back to an extremely shut off and stringent community.

whiters4

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:14 pm

User Image

✗ Jeni
✗ Shared link:
✗ Is in human form
Blind Date/ Driving

Tyrese followed Jeni with his eyes, easing closer once she selected a painting and used it to demonstrate. His brows wrinkled together. She lived on a snow capped mountain, a village even, as she said? It was unique, as he had never met someone from a location even smaller than a rural town. Apart of what culture, he wondered? Were they traditional or modern, open to foreigners? It could be like the country where neighbors traded wares and favors instead of money. It was the way his uncle's did it. Speaking of which, was she the type who knew about nonhumans? Not everyone did, which warranted caution. There were still others who hunted and killed the supernatural. Hopefully that wasn't the case here, talk about awkward.

"My aunt was like that for me, I still love her cooking." The author acknowledged, observing her brief reminiscences and noticing the pensive undertone. Family issues? Every single time. "My mother gave me up when I was fourteen, so I consider my home to be Suffolk England where my uncles raised me." He didn't see a painting he could use as reference. "But thank goodness, I was taken out of Catholic school and transferred to Koizora when I graduated to high school." He shuttered at the memory. He hated that school. Was he such a goody-two-shoes because of that place? Despite all the fights he got in resulting in constant visits to the principle. His mother was very religious.

"So you come from a village? My uncle's live in a small community, but we call it a pack. It's not bad, but I try not to go there either, they aren't very trusting." He elaborated, finding another set of art to meander to as they swapped facts.

User Image

Out Of Chamomile:
Cho-Cho Twain"

oOBookwormYumiOo"

Quote:

WhitersNote
Crew

Unstoppable Shapeshifter

14,175 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200

Cho-Cho Twain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:52 pm
User Image

◊ Jɛȵı ɱı Ƞɑɱ ◊
Your Winter-Loving Lady

Catholic school, huh? It must've been as harsh and as restricting as she heard about since Tyrese didn't seemed to like thinking about it too much. What she couldn't understand was why his mother gave him up - during the troubling teenage years too. Usually mothers loved their children to death. Whenever her and her own mother argued, her mother would immediately apologize afterward and smother her...literally. Her mom was a sweet lady that always felt intense guilt for doing something as simple as saying one wrong word. But, Jeni somehow blamed her society. It wasn't the most supportive, nor open-minded. Also, it was extremely conservative when it came to traditional ideals and values towards gender. Women had to clean. Women had to cook. Women also had to obey their husbands and yadda yadda - insert more sexist bullshit here. Doing "womanly chores" meant cleaning up after all FIVE of her older brothers. At least the eldest two, the twins, helped out...

The sorceress gave Tyrese a little nod. "Yeah, but it's not the most...welcoming of places. I mean, people don't really come up the mountains much anyways. So, I guess one could say that my people are kind of ignorant to anything different." Her small hand scratched the back of her neck the more she put into detail about her people's behavior. "We follow the rules and guidelines of the village elders. They set what's accepted and whatnot, and we're not supposed to interact with sun-thrivers - er...humans..." Opps. Scratch that. Humans aren't called "sun-thrivers". She had to remind herself sometimes that some wouldn't understand, and would find that mildly offensive. "The only people we were able to communicate with are the ones from neighboring villages... We can't survive off of roots, berries, and things forever. So a bit of tolerance - and some contracts - had to be set in place for necessary trades."

The sorceress followed behind the business owning writer as he seemed to briefly check out the other art. You'd think there would be different things besides...beach, magical fruit, and more beach. "A pack?" That's kinda odd. She knew humans didn't refer to themselves in packs. Unless you were Alan from the Hangover talking about his "one man wolf pack", but this wasn't the case. Jeni didn't want to insinuate something that wasn't true. By now, she's met a good handful of non-humans, but was still unsure of what Tyrese was exactly. She had a small guess, but wanted to wait until he mentioned something first. That would make things much less awkward. "I would think that most packs are unpredictable. From what I've read, they usually do what's best for their group...OR...what the pack leader demands. It depends. I guess that's why someone wouldn't put full trust in them?"

whiters4

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:32 pm

User Image

✗ Jeni
✗ Shared link:
✗ Is in human form
Blind Date/ Driving

Tyrese nodded slowly, seeming to learn something as she spoke. What was so different about them and what they did with their everyday lives? It was called a family unit, was it not? The small circle of interactions one had where everyone else were the strangers. So, the wolf sympathized in a way. He didn't know about village elders though, it began to sound Almish. Was she Almish? But, up in the mountains? There were too many questions to ask all at once. He was sure there were things she disliked, from the way she described it, with inequality. His chest inflated and exhaled, "Sun-?" He suddenly decided not to ask, his head cocked. Sun thrivers? Was there no sunlight on the mountain they lived on? Since it was a village, did they dwell in caves, igloos, or hunts? She made him so curious.

"Hm? Yeah, a pack." He reaffirmed, coming to sit on a bench. He knew it was weird. Either they were fanatic cultists or just plain weird. From her question, and the explanation to follow up, he rubbed his chin in thought. "I guess the who notion of a pack is group survival." It wasn't so different from how a pack was run by animals themselves, since internally they were that very thing. "A lot of trust is placed in the leader to keep everyone going. If you aren't 'one of them' you risk running a threat. I don't know if it's unpredictable." He liked the pack order, the only one who didn't was Hakem. His uncle was a loner at heart. He couldn't submit, but he didn't want to be an alpha either, so he was a rogue.

Ty, though his nature encouraged him to assimilate, and he didn't mind it so much, tried not to go there because Sela wouldn't be welcomed. She was what they called a mutt. Her DNA wasn't fill wolf. If her mother had been human, she would have inherited the wolf gene. But demon DNA could not be overwritten. Because of it Sela didn't operate like other wolves, and wouldn't likely birth the wolf gene. Ty sniffed, hands folded in his lap. "How old were you when you left your village?"

User Image

Out Of Chamomile:
Cho-Cho Twain

oOBookwormYumiOo"

Quote:

WhitersNote
Crew

Unstoppable Shapeshifter

14,175 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200

Cho-Cho Twain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:25 am
User Image

◊ Jɛȵı ɱı Ƞɑɱ ◊
Your Winter-Loving Lady

The sorceress took notice of Tyrese's sudden question. Even if he changed his mind half-way, she would be fine to answer. "We call humans 'sun-thrivers' since we're a bit more heat sensitive than most. Since we've been living up in the mountains for so long, we can't really stay exposed to the sun as much as regular people can. " Of course, there was always a little bit of sun, but when there's a lot more snow and ice around, would they really feel the heat? After Jeni had left her village, it took her some time to get used to the sun's rays. Everyday she would take a small stroll until she started getting tired. At that time, she always carried her trusty umbrella too. There have only been a few couple of times where she had passed out from heat exhaustion. Nowadays, she can spend a lot longer out in the sun - with the help of tons of sunscreen, an umbrella and a bottle of water in her hands.

Hearing how he described the pack made it sound a bit similar like her own home. Her village trusted no one and had always dealt with different things and strangers with unnecessary harshness. That was the village elders' ways, though. To place enough fear in the hearts of strangers that they won't ever come again. It was ashamed that they didn't treat Delsin with the same treatment. She guessed when free gold was on the line, those rules didn't apply. Once Tyrese asked his question, Jeni felt she knew where in her life this was going to go.

"The village gave me up around sixteen..." She didn't want to fully explain why they gave her up in full detail, but it would be better to explain a little than leave it out and make him confused. "It was kind of like "we need the money, so you're gonna go" type of situations." Trade was their main source of getting food and whatnot, but when it came to medicine, money was used instead of simple goods. The village was low, so when her ex-husband came with money, they couldn't let a chance like that slip from their grasp. "So, did your uncles' pack accept you or was it like a gradual thing?"

whiters4

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:50 am

User Image

✗ Jeni
✗ Shared link:
✗ Is in human form
Blind Date/ Driving

Tyrese saw Jeni didn't mind explaining Sun-Thrivers, not that he thought the vocabulary was 'taboo,' the term had just intrigued him. He could assume by her complexion that she wasn't often exposed to the sun, but they weren't here to judge. There was also his lack of offense by the word, as he wasn't human. He did take note of her use of the term to differentiate her people from everyone else. So she must not be human either. There was only fleeting evidence like that to give it away, though sometimes scent was an easy give away too. The next question would be: 'so what do you call yourselves? But he would get straight to the point instead. "So what are you if not human? Certainly not a shifter like myself."

Give away was vastly different from being sold. If that was the way she wanted to see it, fine, but Ty could tell she was tip-toeing. That was rather insightful about her village. His kind never betrayed kin. It was counterproductive, and they never had to...they lived in modern, but secluded settings. It was very tragic. "It was pretty instant, I wasn't in a pack before then. My mother was a human and the only one to raise me, until I had my first shift. Neither of us knew, so....Besides, there'd always been resentment of men, and me, because my father left her after sleeping with her. She was mentally ill, so I tried not to hold it against her." And how hard trying could be! He didn't hate her, he'd just became bitter of her neglect.

User Image

Out Of Chamomile:
Cho-Cho Twain"

oOBookwormYumiOo"

Quote:

WhitersNote
Crew

Unstoppable Shapeshifter

14,175 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200

Cho-Cho Twain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:22 am
User Image

◊ Jɛȵı ɱı Ƞɑɱ ◊
Your Winter-Loving Lady

"Ice sorceress. Although, I'd probably be called a witch in my village. Ice sorcery is a "man's sport"." She couldn't see how using magic was meant for only for men. If that's the case, then she, or any other woman, wouldn't have this power. Did they just expect the girls to just ignore such amazing power? They thought a woman using her powers would cause bad luck, which it hasn't for Jeni... if you left out the whole failed marriage along with the whore she froze, but that was just out of coincidence...right? A small sigh escaped her lips as she tried to forget that part of her life. "I'm just a walking popsicle pretty much."

So, his mother resented men yet had a son? That must have been a hell of an awkward thing. She thought that maybe since he was her baby boy, it would've changed her mind? Or at least she would've taught him how to be a proper boy. "I guess grudges run deep..." She thought, but when he mentioned her being mentally ill that had her thinking of something - was she bipolar? Jeni's grandfather was bipolar, too. At one point in her childhood, she stopped speaking to him fearing that she would ignite something for him to go off. She loved him, of course, it was just confusing on how to handle him. "I suppose no one's family is perfect." It seemed true at least for the both of them. Tyrese's mother was mentally ill and his father was gone, but at least he had his uncles to look after him. With her, her older twin brothers were her role models. If only she could see them again. Every now and then she wondered where they ran off to after being banned. "Hey, I don't know about you, but I'm kinda getting tired of looking at a beach or fruit wherever my eyes go. Wanna go grab something to eat? Maybe Moonbucks for coffee?"

whiters4

● Uptown Soleil

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 42 43 44 45 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces