Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply The School of Dedicated Role Players
The Dragon Fighters [New | A/O | Fantasy] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sujidu

Junior Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:26 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
F'ryan Coblebay

Lifting his head from the snout of the dragon, F'ryan looked up into it's eye's again and he smiled slightly. The dragon nudged him slightly before withdrawing his head and looking down at him again. "Thank you," he murmured as he stepped away from the dragon, feeling as if a burden had been raised from his shoulders. The dragon didn't blame him for the lose of the child. "I won't forget your child and what it's given me," He said, placing his left hand over his heart, feeling his parents rings press into his chest. The dragon nodded and F'ryan turned from it and moved away from the dragon. You can't wallow in grief forever, and now was as good as any to try and start lifting his spirits.

As he walked away from the black dragon, he eye'd a pair of red dragon's, one of which was curled around one of the fighters. F'ryan remembered her from registration and she had looked sort of shell shocked at the time. Her name was.. Rosaline? He thought as he changed his trajectory slightly and started to head towards her. He knew what she was going through. Out of all the people here, the fighters were the only ones who really knew what it felt like. F'ryan huffed, smoke trailing out of his mouth as he brought his left hand up to scratch his neck. "This is going to be ridiculous," he muttered to himself trying to ignore the way his skin felt as if it was crawling.

As F'ryan got closer to the two dragon's, the one who wasn't curled around Rosaline turned and stared at him. He froze and took only a couple more steps forward, close enough where she could hear him, but didn't have to shout. "Um, R-Rosaline?" He started, really hoping that was her name. He was pretty sure that was the name she had given the guard when she was being asked the questions. "I was wondering if you'd want to walk around town for a bit? Before they have us do anything else. I for one am getting tired of the pity in the guards and other rider's looks." F'ryan eye'd the dragon who was sizing him up with wary. He didn't want to intrude, but it looked like people were starting to clear up, and he didn't want to stick around any longer than he had to.

Location:[Field after Registration] Feeling:[Grief, Curious, Determined] With:[Everyone Else]Wearing:[Outfit]Weapons:[Spear,Two Daggers]  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:54 am
Rosaline Meyes

Basking numbly in the warmth the motherly red dragon offered her, she was startled out of her daze when for no reason, it curled its long red tail around her, tucking her in close to the dragon's belly. Had something startled it? Rosaline got onto her knees from the sitting position she had been in, and gently as she could manage, nudged the wing which was so intent on shielding her. It was just another person, a man, with odd red-orange hair was approaching her and the pair of red dragons. With a shuddering breath she could hear, a cross between a rumble and a hiss emitted from to her left- the male dragon wasn't happy about this new arrival. Luckily, he stopped not too close to the annoyed dragon, whose lips were curling as if ready to attack. Rosaline looked over to the other surprised, but touched, that the dragon who had seemed the most indifferent to her was now attempting to fend off some poor human who had dared to approach her. The mother had simply tucked the girl in with her tail, as if she were a younger dragon she wanted to keep out of trouble. With a little effort, she gently unwound the tail from around her stomach.

The male, who she didn't recognise, with something of a stutter asked her if she would like to walk around town, and she nodded. It was a welcome opportunity, she needed to clear her head, although she didn't like the comment about the other riders giving them looks. "They're just trying to help. I'll join you, I could use a walk right now." Taim had been trying hard to comfort her earlier, but right now he was with his own dragons; two colourful bright yellows, the sight of him so happy with his own dragon made both joy and sadness p***k at her heart."Where are you off to? I'll be heading straight home myself, to gather some things." If you can call them that, Rosaline thought, remembering her few belongings. The most valuable things she owned were copper rings and her rusted, stolen, sword and her lump of metal she considered a mace- and it probably was one, just one a blacksmith hadn't finished, and it was heavy enough to knock someone out if you put strength into a swing or two. All she had to do was tell her mother of the news, and pick up her clothes. Hopefully, the military didn't expect her to dress up in their fancy armor- she couldn't afford that yet. At most she and her mother had two moderately priced gowns for special occasions only.

As she was about to ask the man his name, the male dragon gave his odd roar again, louder this time, aimed at the man. His wings lifted just slightly, a clear threat. For whatever reason, he didn't like this man- maybe it was fatherly instinct, but Rosaline couldn't tell for sure, and she had no idea how to calm down a protective dragon. With cautiousness, she stood up and moved over with brisk strides to the male dragon, and attempted to smooth it down, but as quick as a flash, it had picked her up gently with its teeth, and had placed her under his slightly lifted wing, lips pulled back in a snarl. Poor things, maybe they really are trying to parent me, Rosaline for the first time, smiled ever so faintly, ever so briefly, before trying to push the wing away, resulting in a agitated rumbling growl which shook the ground. Even the mother dragon hadn't been this aggressive, and without knowing why, she spoke aloud to the great red mass of scales; "I'm fine. I'm upset, but I'll live, and I can handle myself, alright?" Another growl, lower this time, the dragon refused to lift his red eyes from the man, but didn't stop Rosaline when she distanced herself it this time around.

Out Of Coins: (( ))

sujidu

-Fizztastic Rain-

Golden Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50

sujidu

Junior Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:43 pm
F'ryan Coblebay

F'ryan swallowed when he saw the red dragon curl back it's lips as it was staring at him. Not exactly too friendly these ones he thought as he eye'd the distance between them, hoping he could at least jump out of the way if it decided to want to eat him. He looked at Rosaline when she defended the guards and said she'd join him. He gave a short nod and said, "I know they are just trying to help. But i've been getting those kind of looks all my life and after awhile, you just want to hide from them." His hand strayed up to touch the two rings around his neck. "Oh, ah. I'll probably stop by the Orphanage and say goodbye to the kid's. Not much in the way of belongings, if you get my drift. But they'll at least want me to stop by and say goodbye."

F'ryan figured that wherever they were going to ship everyone off to, they were going to provide for them as well. Otherwise he would look decidedly shabby with his clothing options. He gave a shrug and a half smile, "Hopefully they plan to provide more than just food and shelter," He said before his eye's widened at the sound of a roar coming from the male dragon. F'ryan's eye's went straight to the ground as if glued there and he shrugged his shoulders in a bit, trying to make himself seem smaller. Don't eat me, Don't eat me, Don't eat me, he chanted to himself silently.

F'ryan risked a glance up at the male dragon and quickly averted his eye's back to the ground when he realized that it was in an even more aggressive stance than before. Like he was a threat or something. He snorted then looked at the smoke that once again came out of him. "Man, I would really like to know how i'm doing that," He muttered to himself, "it's like a cheap parlor trick." He looked up when Rosaline finally stepped away from the male dragon and asked, "Do you think it's alright for me to move, or do you think He'll try and bite me?"

Location:[Field after Registration] Feeling:[Grief, Curious, Determined] With:[Everyone Else]Wearing:[Outfit]Weapons:[Spear,Two Daggers]
-Adorkable Little Lurker-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:51 am
Rosaline Meyes

"And what would you do?" Rosaline asked, "ignoring them altogether will only bring them down." This was something she knew well. Many times, people refused to look at her, due to her shabby clothing, and the only people who really paid attention to her were few- her classmates but even then there were snobs who shunned the poor, shop-owners who allowed her to work, her family, the rare few people she may consider friends, like Taim who had no problem with her being in the same room as him. Even if she'd hit those who dared to speak down to her, a few people would treat everyone the same, a small luxury for a poor girl. Whilst the man was an orphan and she felt bad for him, having lost a parent herself, otherwise her gaze held no pity. At least he had a room, a proper bed, food that wouldn't make you want to throw up, water that was fresh. "I understand." Rosaline said, of course he would want to visit his home one last time. Who knew how long it would be before any of the chosen ones would be able to visit their home once more. But at least there was a chance of money, money that could buy a better life.

"I expect they'll provide us with a room, food and clothes at least." Rosaline wasn't sure what to expect of the military other than a no nonsense and strict attitude- as they were going there to train after all -but if they wanted them to become strong then they'd have to provide them with what they needed to satisfy their most basic needs. The man, cleverly, cast his gaze downwards, but the whisp of smoke, although accidental, was clearly seen by the dragon as a challenge, who shot a small warning flame, bright and burning, at the ground in front of him, a display of dominance. Eyes wide, Rosaline looked at the now singed grass, which was black and smoking. At his asking of if he should approach, she shook her head. The dragon clearly wasn't happy- the bright streak of fire had been proof enough that if he came close, he fully intended to fight.

Another flame?! The mother dragon, had had enough, and aimed a strong jet of flame at its partner, and then, smoke furling from its mouth, looked at Rosaline and as quickly as a snake, leant down and gently, with it's teeth, picked Rosaline up by the collar and placed her away from the pair, as if knowing that she wanted to leave. With a thundering roar, the male dragon took flight, and left, and after eyeing the orphan with suspicion, the female left after him. "I think it's safe now, unless they come back." Rosaline said slowly, relieved that the overtly protective dragons had gone to have a spat, although she was moved by how they had tried to protect her. As if on cue, a bright flash of orange in the sky caught her eye- they were fighting, spewing fire at one another, in a deadly display of fire that lit up the sky. Oh no, I really hope they don't take it to the ground, if they landed and started burning the field down, who knew what would happen. After a moment of watching the dragons with fear and awe, brown eyes wide at the sight, she decided it was best to leave then.

"Let's go before this turns into something real bad." With that, she exited the field, leading the way through the hall area that had lead them there. Hopefully none of the other dragons were as tempermental as her own. Luckily, the fight behind her seemed to be a simple spat. As soon as she passed the medic who had tended to her, the medic steered her away, asking questions. I must look bad... Rosaline realised, and brushed off the medic as quickly as she could, wanting to get out of there so she could go home and mourn in peace. That was all she could do, asides from gathering her belongings before heading off.

sujidu

-Fizztastic Rain-

Golden Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

yarricksrevenge

Greedy Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:14 pm
Bartimaeus

After receiving his orders he was shown into a large grassy field filled with dragons. "i assume i have to meet your parents cerrunnos." "Parent actually, mom got taken down just before the ceremony." "i see.." looking around he started recieving directions from the diminuative dragon until he arrived before a large battle scarred dragon. the dragon cautiously gazed down at him, as though judging his strength before turning its head to evaluate the tiny dragon. it nodded its head a few times before turning and staring at Cerrunnos expectantly. his head broke open in a happy explination of what just happened. "I explained to dad here the whole situation here and after getting a look at you he's conferred with his wingmates and they've decided to adopt you! dont expect it to mean much to anyone outside his flight since they're a bit odd and eccentric but if we are near one they'll help a bit if they can. Apparrently they knew your gramps and his dragon and had a lotta respect for him." The announcement left him reeling as it mean some of his suspicions were true. looking up he tenatively asked, "So my grandfather was a rider?" the dragon nodded. slowly he asked, "what happened to him? My father always dodged the subject until the day he died when all i was told was that there was a hidden compartment in my house with military grade riders scout armor and a large sword." With cerrunnos relaying the words it became clear that he must want to try and keep knowledge from spreading of his ancestry. "Your grandfather was a knight of the kingdom due to distinguished service but disobeyed orders to save my life. Both him and his rider were ordered to rush enemy lines but saw us get swarmed with elves when we attempted to take off. he veered off and rushed to our aid and bought us time to escape but ended up dying in the process. we took his position and helped finish the battle but he was given dishonor. Last i heard of his family is that they'd disappeared." Turning to the dragon he bowed low and told it he must be going to pack and began the trip home.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:20 pm
F'ryan Coblebay

"No, ignoring them wouldn't do anything," F'ryan sighed, "I'd just rather get away from the masses and be able to find a quiet place for at least a little while before facing them." He didn't really blame anyone for it. He knew that they had no control over what had happened. However he also knew that being along and letting himself mourn by himself for a little while would also get rid of most of the heavy feeling he was feeling. At least the kid's at the orphanage would get a kick out of him being chosen. They'd been super excited for him when he had informed them all what he was going to do today.

F'ryan flinched when the male red dragon had spat fire down onto the ground and backed away a few steps. It would be me who would get on the bad side of a dragon within hours of being chosen he thought to himself, risking a peek up at the dragon. He watched as the mother dragon and male dragon took off, spitting fire at each other. He nodded when Rosaline said they ought to head out and he quickly followed after her, back towards the hall where they had entered. Guards watched them leave, but no one moved to stopped them so he figured they really were free to go until they were needed for travel to the island. He eyed a medic who started towards them but blinked when Rosaline just brushed him off and continued on.

As they walked towards the exit and into the town, F'ryan edge up so he was walking next to her instead of behind her. "So, what did they tell you that you could do?" he asked, looking at her, threading through a couple of people. He knew she may be a black fighter, however the odds of that happening were probably fairly low and was curious as to what her color was. He raised his left hand to scratch at his neck again, trying and failing to ignore the itching in his skin. This is going to grow old really fast he thought to himself before forcing his hand down to his side again and squeezing his spear tighter with his right hand.

Location:[Leaving the field] Feeling:[Grief, Curious, Determined] With:[Rosaline]Wearing:[Outfit]Weapons:[Spear,Two Daggers]

sujidu

Junior Lunatic

Dokuro Togiretogire

Original Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:41 am
User Image
                                Taim Carver

¤ Happy ¤ Meeting ground & walking home¤ Alone? ¤

The answer came from Treyel after he'd gotten used to sue his own legs. This meeting is for you, me and them. Their own riders have had their meeting and this is the dragons old tradition to meet up with their children. That's why there are only us here. Taim nodded. That made sense, perfect sense. Clearly in thousands of years dragon had gathered here to wait for the arrival of their newly born, uhm well hatched dragons. Humans come around and altered the major part of the tradition but this remained mostly the same. Yet something felt warmer here, still born dragon found a fighter to bond with. To give them a gift unique in this world. Earlier it probably was a lot more sad.

A moment of stillness and then Taim placed his hand on the larger yellow dragon. Treyels father it was and as the dragon turned to Taim he saw the scars. On the left side of the face scales where missing in several places. The eye was shut. As Taims fingers moved down the dragons neck, his head was informed. Most yellow dragons where scouts due to their size and speed but Treyels father was part of the vanguard. This mighty dragon flew with Captain Ayol of the 3rd squad of the vanguard of the Draconian forces. Taim and Treyel would learn to find the enemy and in worst case be rescued by this dragon and many more. On the other side was the mother not scarred at all. She worked by carrying wounded soldiers to safety. Medical forces, silent heroes. From Treyel it was understood that his father found his partner a truer hero then himself. Then as on a signal they spread their wings. The grass around then shoved the wave of wind as they both took flight and then they where off. Taim clenched his fist and looked into the horizon as he smiled. "Treyel, we'll go even faster. We'll break it all. Let us beat the sky."

User Image

Treyel walked up to Taim and got raised to the shoulders. It would be a while until he flew and then longer until they both flew. Well the dragon bumped his head to the boys and they begun to walk home. The grass was warm and the sun did shine down upon them both. There was the slightest hint of a breeze but it was hard to notice. From here and there gust of winds came from dragons was taking to the sky. Well it seemed it was time to get home. They had probably seen him form the arena and now he wanted to show them. His mother would probably not like it but it wasn't a choice it was fated. He'd now be able to climb on a new area. He'd climb in a few years higher then anyone before. Treyel was also past of the family now, just as his sisters dragon.

Then he stopped, was he followed? It felt odd but something was of. Well it came at the same point as he thought of his sister. It must have been that new feeling. He'd join the army, he'd learn to fight. He'd be able to find who killed his sister. He'd be for the first time able to reach for payback. Someone had taken her from his family. He'd always been working for something but never been sure. With Treyel he begun to run. It was a detour but he'd needed to climb. Up the fence, onto the small roof. Along the wall and up the tree. Then down to the road again. Taim turned left onto Dragon Street and kept walking as he saw his fathers stable and housing. Did she follow him? Did he follow her?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:09 pm
Arist Kelbraken

Arists heart beat with the fury of ten thousand marching guardsmen as she awaited the opportunity to be chosen by a dragon and honor her family as a warrior for the kingdom. The journey here had left her drained as she sailed from her families lands and was taken aback by the soaring spires of the Royal academy and the strange faces that populated the city. Arist was nobility by all regards but had never thought of herself as such, raised to believe in earning your place in history her blood boiled at the sight of soft and lazy boys and girl thinking that their lives would be easy if blessed by a dragon. She knew the truth after seeing her father and cousins constantly train and work toward being the best for the sake of the kingdom, she had trained with them as best as she could hardening her muscles and enduring grueling training to be on their level and despite her young age she was one of the more able bodied in the group "soft curs" she grumbled at the sight of some pretty boys from a wealthy house and then sighed knowing that she wasnt any higher than them yet.

She sat on the cold stone floor waiting for the ceremony to start with apprehension in her heart, she knew that if she wasnt picked this time she had a few years to come back but she felt that if she wasnt chosen she would grow farther and farther from her goal, to prove her house hadnt fallen into atrophy she would join the ranks of the Chosen and rise through the ranks of the army.

She rose as the ceremony began and they new recruits were led to the dragons. Many scattered off to dig through the soil to find their eggs for a chance to be claimed. She dug deeply to find her egg and was drawn to the sound of a small roar that seemed to touch her very spirit, she was lead to a dormant green egg and felt like something was latching onto her very soul, she saw the image of a dragon in her mind, a still born green had chosen her and she began to feel its strength infused with her own.  

HeavyMetalHeartbreaker

yarricksrevenge

Greedy Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:52 am
Bartimaeus

Looking around at the others leaving from his perch Bartimaeus wasn't quite sure where to go now. He knew from previous experience that even at his fastest he couldn't make a round trip to his house and back, and he didn't wish to speak to another to ask for a cheap tavern. He'd rather save what money he had on him for food as he wasn't sure if he was allowed to hunt around here. After absentmindedly making some arrows from some branches and spare supplies he kept on him he started to wander in deep thought. Purchasing a quick and cheap meal on the way he made his way around. Lost in thought he saw Taim and without thinking began to follow him to ask about inns or taverns. Curiously Taim began to climb everything in sight, and now thoroughly perplexed Bartimaeus continued to follow. After a small amount of time Taim returned to the ground and Cerrunnos nudged for Bartimaeus to pick up the pace. As a stable came into view Bartimaeus finally caught up and gently tapped Taim's shoulder startling him. Giving the other boy a moment to calm down Bartimaus proceeded with his intention. "Sorry for startling you. I figured you'd be most helpful in informing me as the where i can find a cheap place to stay."

Dokuro Togiretogire

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:45 am
Rosaline Meyes

"They told me that I can breathe fire, and lift some heavy objects." Rosaline answered, picking up her pace a little when he joined her, setting off in the direction of home, walking fast enough to be speedy, but not so fast that she would leave her newfound follower behind in the crowds of teenagers like herself that were heading home with news similar to her own. "I just hope wherever we're going doesn't expect me to dress fancy, as I heard a while ago that they often throw a celebratory event, no clue what it is though." She didn't have any fine gowns, so if they expected her to dress 'properly' they would be disappointed. Taking a turn to the left, through a small cluster of buildings that seemed well built, she quickly arrived at the area that everyone knew was the peasants land.

Bricks were no longer smooth, but rough to the touch, and if you brushed a hand against one you were in danger of eroding the delicate poorly constructed surface, which would break if you hit it hard enough. The buildings had shrunk from reasonable sized living spaces to one small square room houses- if you could call them that, they were more like huts. But, the place was familiar to Rosaline, and here she was no longer out of place, and no longer looked down upon, which even given the foul smell of this land, was better than having people advert their eyes from you whenever you walked past them. "We're nearly at my place. The orphanage is past the brick buildings ahead, right?" As far as she knew the orphanage was a large well built building, and probably the only sturdy building around for miles in this part of town, ruled by strict people, much to the dismay of the orphans who lived there. But even so, they at least got more food than people most outside of the orphanage got, and didn't have to worry about the roof collapsing when a slight storm arrived.

Her people reinforced their walls as best as they could, with mud, spare concrete, whatever scrap material they could find, clay being the most common and popular filler of choice. Clay was a useful material, and if you went to a field and dug far enough, you could find a small amount of the stuff, along with rocks that were also of use. "It's raining, great." Within moments, a steady but light shower of raindrops was upon them, and Rosaline removed her scarf and carefully arranged it over her head so she had at least some shelter as the pair weaved through the crowds of people who were either foraging, working, or heading home like herself. "At least with the dragons it was warm." She joked, despite still feeling rather gloomy, as they finally approached a hut that was her home. "Back in a moment." And then she disappeared inside.

The announcement of being chosen, to her mother, was joyous news, and she immediately congratulated her daughter, despite being disappointed to hear that the dragon had been stillborn. It was a chance to do something about their poor situation, they both agreed and left it at that, finding a rough fabric sack and putting inside of it Rosaline's clothing, needles and thread and a silk something Rosaline didn't recognise. Was that a dress? It had been a reddish pink, shiny from what she had seen of it before it was stuffed in the sack, and looked at her mother sharply, questioning her with her eyes if she had been hiding something they could've sold, could've used to feed them both for a week with. Noticing her daughters sudden change from sad to angry, her mother hugged her and ushered her out of the hut once more, bidding her good luck.

Dazed, confused, sad and angry, she simply waited for the red head to lead the way, not saying anything. Why would her mother hide something so valuable? Something that could help them to not starve? So she could flirt with suitors who surely wouldn't want to marry a poor woman? Despite her common sense saying that her poor mother was just trying to be nice, she felt inexplicably annoyed.

sujidu

-Fizztastic Rain-

Golden Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Dokuro Togiretogire

Original Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:45 pm
User Image
                                Taim Carver

¤ Happy ¤ Walking home¤ Alone? ¤

As Taim hit the ground some dust raised up in rings around his feet. His little friend Treyel had to spread his wings not to fall of. That had been scary for the little fellow. The attitude and words from the dragon told of a mature being but truth told of a newly hatched being. After a second of stillness Taim planned to run but a tiny sharp claw to the neck stalled him and then came a few taps. Quickly he turned around and stood in front that kid from the choosing. B something, Bartilus, no. Bartimeus or something like that. Well this was a bit awkward not remembering the name on the other boy. Then came his question and he begun to smile towards his new companion. "No worries and it was more Treyel here who decided to bite me in the neck. I can help with living area even if dad has has rented out the last room. Bartimae..us, was it right? I'm Taim Carver and that." Quickly pointing to Carver Stables "is me dads place. I'll make sure you get a good price. Dad can't say no to my mom and seeing how I have Trayel and all that it means, my mom won't deny me anything." A very big smile came to his lips. His dad was a great man and boy did he look up to him but messing with him this way was always fun.

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:11 am
User Image
User Image
                              Umbra dextras, prima orbis
                              Templa prospice, Diem ex Dei

Fides sponsa, fides per Dei
                              Missaes canta, mistrae lingua

Ciela hadn't expected to be forgiven so quickly but couldn't help it as her face cracked like the egg into a half-smile of wonderment and anticipation. Her eyes widened as the ink and pitch creature within the gloriously coloured shell forced himself from it, unfurling almost endlessly. He was so dark that it was difficult to tell where one limb ended and another began, but it became clearer as he uncurled himself. Soon all of the pieces of the multicoloured shell lay at her feet and in her arms crouched the small yet fearsome black dragon.

Ciela couldn't remember how to close her mouth when the dragonet turned his icy blue eyes on her and she felt incredibly intimidated by this infant beast no larger than a cat. While all around her great dragons milled and younger riders began to wander home with their new companions, girl and dragonet knelt and held each others' gaze. She'd seen some of the others talk to their charges as though they spoke back, but she didn't hear any words from hers.

He was silent.

"You don't have to speak," she said when she finally found her own voice again. The dragonet blinked and leaped at her chest, knocking both of them to the ground. He flared his wings out like a cobra fanning up before tucking them back and cocking his head to the side. Ciela held her breath and after a moment the dragonet curled himself back up on her stomach and appeared to fall asleep.

For a few minutes Ciela didn't move, and stared to ignore some of the strange looks she received. Eventually she sat up slowly, trying not to dislodge the black mass as she did so. When he didn't respond to her, she carefully scooped him into the nook of one arm and awkwardly picked up her staff with her free hand.

"Well then," she sighed nervously. Still no response. She wasn't sure if they'd gone back to square one or if this was indeed progress. Regardless, the clearing seemed to be emptying quickly of humans and dragons and Ciela followed suite. She would go to the stable and inn to confirm that she indeed needed the room, and then she would have to find a way to get Argo back to her family. Leaving Argo meant leaving the rest of her family, there would never be time for them to arrive to see her off. She wished she'd hugged everyone a little harder before she'd left.

The dragonet made a humming sound and she ceased her remorseful thoughts, giving him the gentlest squeeze. That's right, I'm not alone, she reminded herself. She would need to move forward, and this little dragon would be her companion until such a time as she could see the rest of those she would hold dear.

Ave vitae, Rex promissa
                              Ave vitae, Rex veritas

Fides sponsa, fides per Dei
                              Missaes canta, mistrae lingua

Missae Magnus, Fides en Dei
                              Christus laudmus, mistraes Deus

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                              hammad ◣ traveling attire
                              pelië ◣ whomever else is wandering the streets to the Carver Inn
                              tenna ◣ a little nervous, a little bold, a lot conflicted
                              e nassë ◣ well , it has been a while hasn't it . . .

Trance Harper

Sparkly Fairy

sujidu

Junior Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:54 am
F'ryan Coblebay

"Fire, eh? That's pretty neat actually." F'ryan replied as they wove through the crowd. "They told me I'm going to be stronger than most fighters except for Green's and I'm going to have some type of armor grow..Which is really creepy now that I think about it." His eye's roamed over the crowd of people they were passing through and shrugged a little when she mentioned the event. "They'd be sorely disappointed if they expect that. Just because we've been chosen doesn't mean we need to change who we are." He glanced at her as he talked and added, "Besides. The nicest clothes that I have are the ones i'm wearing right now. If they want more they'll be disappointed." He laughed lightly to himself as they moved into the poorer part of town.

As they moved through the street, you could tell the quality of life was different. The clothes weren't as fine and the houses were more run down. F'ryan nodded when Rosaline asked if the orphanage was close, "Yeah it is." The orphanage. Home sweet home, even with the strict as ever Head Mistresses. They had a roof over their head and food. Which is all that you could ask for as an orphan. They lived better than a lot of the poorer people in this district. He looked up as it started raining and snorted when she she said it was warmer with the dragon's. "That's the truth." He said and then stopped as she ducked inside her hut. As F'ryan waited, he looked around and saw people walking faster to try and get out of the rain. Trying to stay dry. He tilted his head back and closed his eye's, letting the rain hit his face.

F'ryan tilted his head back down and looked at Rosaline as she came out of her hut. When she stopped and just stood there, he quietly stepped off and led the way to the Orphanage. Which wasn't that far of a walk. They approached a large sturdy building that had a couple levels. As they came into sight of the building a loud chorus "F'ryan's back!" as children hung out the windows and waved at him, one small boy bolting out into the rain to greet him. He stopped and crouched down, laying his spear down on the ground. F'ryan caught up the small boy as he arrived and spun him up into the air. "What on earth are you all doing back so soon? Was school short today then?" he asked as he transfered the small boy to his shoulders and crouched to pick his spear up off the ground. "We got off early because of the ceremony today!" the boy said, hands gripping F'ryan's hair to balance himself. Shaking off the mud that stuck to his spear he continued the short distance to the Orphanage.

Before entering the Orphanage, F'ryan turned to Rosaline and said, "Feel free to come in out of the rain. The kids would love to meet you. They enjoy meeting new people." He stepped into the building and deposited his spear in the corner next to the door and then picked up the boy on his shoulders and put him down. "Go dry off you little rascal," He said with a gentle swat on the back of his head and the kid scampered off with a giggle. A lot of the orphans swarmed the entrance, all trying to get a glimpse of F'ryan to see if he had a new dragon. "All right, all right. Lemme through to the Mistress," He said as he waded through the bodies.

F'ryan knocked on the door to the Head Mistress' office and waited for her sharp 'enter' before opening the door and stepping inside, closing it to cut off the protests of the kids. He let her know that he'd been chosen but not as a rider. He was one of their new riders and was to leave for training. She nodded and told him to take his things and say good bye to the other orphans. He thanked her for taking care of him over the past years and let himself out of the room. F'ryan knew that she was happy for him. They were stern, but they weren't cruel. They all wanted the older kids to get a job and move out of the orphanage. It allowed new kids to come in and be saved.

The kids crowded F'ryan as he went to the space he slept and collected his few bellongings. He stuffed his few clothing items into a bag and a few items that other orphans had given to him over his stay here. Standing up, he swung the bag over his shoulder and turned to face the kids who were now standing there quietly, watching him pack. "This is where I say goodbye and tell you all to not miss me." he said jokingly as a few started talking he shook his head and said, "I don't have a dragon. I'm going to be one of those mighty fighters. I'll come back one day and prove to you all how great and strong I am," He grinned slyly and said, "I dare one of you to follow me. You get choosen by a dragon and try and out do me. But. While i'm gone I expect all of you to help each other out. Pick up the slack and don't let the little ones get away with things. Stay out of the Mistresses ways and you'll be fine." As he started to move through the crowd of kids, saying goodbye to each of them by name, he would ruffle someones hair or chuck one of them under the chin. He headed back to the entrance to see where the next few days would have him.

Location:[Orphanage] Feeling:[Sad, Determined] With:[Rosaline]Wearing:[Outfit]Weapons:[Spear,Two Daggers]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:53 am
Rosaline Meyes

Keeping her head bowed to avoid more rain, Rosaline quietly followed the red haired male through the close together buildings which were all crammed into the poor district, only spacing a little to show a dirt road of sorts which lead to the orphanage. This dirt road was used to cart supplies to the orphanage by horse, and occasionally, new arrivals to the orphanage. She had seen kids in carriages hop out and be ushered inside by ladies, and on a rare sadder day, a woman would drop a bundle of cloth on the ground; a baby, or a toddler, barely able to fend for itself, but the orphanage always collected the new arrivals, which was a little consoling if you happened across such a harrowing scene. It was when the orphanage itself came into view that her companion was promptly greeted by an excited child who bolted away from a cluster of his friends to do so. Surprised, having been brought up as an only child, she watched as the older male scooped up the child and put him on his shoulders. Politely, still not in the mood to talk, she followed him inside and stood awkwardly as a swarm of children decided to investigate the new person, her guide quickly making his way to where he needed to go.

"I'm sorry kids, but we don't have dragons, we will be fighters though." Rosaline responded over the chatter of excited children, each of which had their own questions, mostly about their dragons, and why Rosaline had arrived with their 'big brother', or at least they called him that, and she quickly learned that the red headed boy, was called F'ryan. "I'm here because I live nearby, and we're both going to the ceremony." She explained, just as F'ryan himself returned and entertained the children for her. Despite finding the children rather sweet, Rosaline couldn't help but feel relieved to have some space once more, as it had been a long day. Waving the children goodbye, she turned and followed F'ryan to the door, not looking forward to going back out in the rain which had decided to get heavier, making the streets look like they had been painted in watercolour paint.

"Is there anywhere else you need to stop before we head off?" She turned to face F'ryan as she pulled her scarf tighter around her head. I wish I had a coat or something, it looks like this rain will be staying around for a while, she thought, wondering if she could steal something that would offer some shelter when they headed through town. A sturdy plank of wood would do the job fine, if she held it over her head, but a decent length of leather would work best, but, that was an expensive material for the poor. The idea of using the pretty dress as a shelter was appealing, but it would be a waste when she could sell the material for a good amount, if she decided to. Her mother had hid this from her for a reason, and that annoyed her still, but she wasn't as cruel to throw it away just yet. Maybe it had some sort of use other than for looking posh, or something, although Rosaline wasn't sure if it could even have another use, save for the obvious purpose of being worn. Pulling her sack over her shoulder a little higher, out of reach for those who might target a youngster with a sack of belongings for what money it might be worth, which was very little, or should've been, but the dress changed that.

sujidu

-Fizztastic Rain-

Golden Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

yarricksrevenge

Greedy Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:12 pm
Bartimaeus

Ducking inside with Taim Bartimaeus conversed with Cerunnos. "Looking forward to scouting and being a meatshield?" "Of course! You think they'd pass up on me sneaking around?" Bartimaeus reflected on his unit description. 'Provide advanced reconnaissance and scout ahead of the main vanguard forces. Assignment may include support for the main vanguard for advanced combat duties.' "At least from the sounds of things we won't be have to spend all our time clustered with the other guys." Looking over at Taim talking excitedly with his parents he felt a bit of envy. After he received the price and rules for his stay he paid thanked them for their hospitality. Looking at Taim he quickly figured that he might as well try being a bit friendly. looking over at Taim Bartimaeus quietly asked, "Hey Taim, you want to play a game of Nine Men's Morris?"

Dokuro Togiretogire

The School of Dedicated Role Players

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces