Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply The Colosseum (for battles, training, challenges, etc.)
Super Training Room [Times increased.] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 37 38 39 40 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:25 am
I facepalmed. This is what happens when my Pokemon do their own thing. With Rala being encompassed by Dark-type energy like that, it was only a matter of time before she passed out, unable to continue battling.

And yet, that moment didn't come. I lowered my hand to see Rala struggling in Shelgon's maw, in pain but not out of the fight yet. That's when I remembered that thanks to Ralts' Fairy subtyping, she was no longer weak to Dark-type moves. But weak or not, the young Psychic-type wouldn't last much longer at this rate.

"Okay, one last time!" I shouted unintentionally. "Use Disarming Voice! Put everything you have into this one last attack!"

Rala complied, shouting at the thing holding her tight. Her voice was pained, but the energy she emitted looked the same as before, encompassing Shelgon with one of its few weaknesses.

(17+1=18/35)  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:32 am
Dan was aware the move wasn't super effective, but he certainly didn't expect the Ralts to have enough energy to keep fighting. The point blank Disarming Voice rang true in the dragon's ears, causing him to release the fairy. He stumbled backwards, trying to recover from the blow but struggled to remain standing. His trainer quickly came to his aid, checking to see if he was alright. "Aww, it's okay. We put up a pretty good fight against a fairy type" he grinned at the dragon.

(17+1=18/50)  

DragonYolk

Devoted Browser

8,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Battle: Knight 100

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:35 am
I exhaled deeply, rather surprised that our last-ditch effort paid off. I walked forward, taking a minute to smile at Rala before extending a hand to Dan. "That was some fight," I told him. "Thanks."  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:43 am
Patting the pod, thanking him for fighting so hard, Dan stood up to greet Ter. "Yeah, no problem" he agreed, shaking his hand. "We should be thanking you too though. We don't have a lot of experience fighting fairy types and I have to say, it requires a little more strategy. Not being able to use your most effective moves is challenging, but not impossible."  

DragonYolk

Devoted Browser

8,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Citizen 200

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:46 am
Keiko clapped loudly, feeling entertained by the hard-fighting Pokemon. Meanwhile, after shaking Dan's hand, I picked Rala up gently. "I hear you. It's important to plan ahead for these types of battles. Anyway,let's do this again sometime. But for now, this one needs rest."  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:52 am
"Definitely. Right, Shel-? Oh." One look at the dragon would show that he was already fast asleep, way ahead of his trainer. He just laughed it off, returning the cocoon for now. With their training concluded, Dan retrieved his SNAG, the room returning to its original state. "I'll catch you guys later" he bid farewell to Ter and Keiko.

[exits]  

DragonYolk

Devoted Browser

8,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Citizen 200

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:00 am
Thank you.

The voice seemingly came from nowhere, and my eyes darted around the room for the source, for no avail. I looked down at Rala, but she was already asleep.

"That was amazing," Keiko spoke up, apparently not noticing my concern. "Rala's so strong already!"

"Yeah," I muttered, only half-acknowledging Keiko's words as I was more concerned where that voice was. I could have sworn I heard it.

Eventually, I gave up on it. "Come on, let's head back to the lobby," I said to Keiko, leaving the training room with her not far behind.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:34 am
Terashi and Keiko entered the Super Training Room together, determined to improve their team. Keiko immediately let Natalia the Natu out of her ball, while Terashi revealed Sparrow the Fletchling.

"Aren't you gonna use Rala?" Keiko asked, looking rather surprised.

"I do want Rala to get stronger, but she's not the only Pokemon in my team, I told her.

Keiko only smiled at this before turning her attention to Natalia. "We're going to fight Terashi's Pokemon, for now. It's just for training, but try to look at it as a real fight, okay?"

Natalia cooed in response. Sparrow looked up at me, but I only nodded at it, implying that the same goes for her. Sparrow and Natalia then walked away from us, keeping their eyes on each other. They certainly looked ready to fight.

"Alright, Sparrow, leap at her with a Quick Attack," I told the Fletchling. For some reason, I had the urge to yell my commands. However, I tried to only do that when it was urgent for a teammate to do something, and this was just a training session. I didn't want to confuse Sparrow.

"Push him away with Night Shade!" Keiko ordered, eliciting a chuckle from me. I pulled out my SNAG and scanned Sparrow as the two birds rushed into battle. I then showed that data to Keiko, which made her scoff. Meanwhile, though Sparrow was hurt when the winds of Night Shade pulsed around her, she managed to push through with the speed of Quick Attack and land a blow on Natalia.

Sparrow sad 3=1=4/25)
Natalia sad 0+1=1/25)

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:39 am
Keiko started to panic when Sparrow collided into Natalia, but I held her back when she tried to move toward her. Natalia could handle herself. Keiko was a little annoyed by my interference, but it reminded her to have more faith in her Pokemon. "Okay, Natalia, lower her defenses with Leer!"

"Use Growl to even the playing field," I told Sparrow. As the two Pokemon stood off with each other, I smirked at Keiko. I could play this game all day.

Sparrow sad 4+1=5/25)
Natalia sad 1+1=2/25)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:47 am
Keiko frowned a bit when I countered her strategy, but this wasn't a serious battle, so she didn't let it get to her. "Okay, try Pecking at her!"

I thought of countering her peck with a Peck from Sparrow, but that would be boring. This presented a bit of a quandry, however. I could tell Sparrow to counter with a Tackle, but Peck -would- do more damage, due to a same-type attack bonus. But, since this was just training, I ignored my 'go for the throat' instinct and decided to shake things up. "Counter with a Tackle," I told Sparrow.

Unfortunately, the time I took to think gave Natalia a slight advantage, allowing her to land her Peck before Sparrow could hit her with a Tackle. Apparently, I underestimated Natalia's speed.

Sparrow sad 5+1=6/25)
Natalia sad 2+1=3/25)

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:58 am
This is where we reached a bit of a stalemate. Neither of our Pokemon had a large pool of moves, both of them being relatively new to our respective teams. Keiko, in a fit of worry, pulled out her SNAG and scanned Natalia, intending to pour through her moves nervously. She was surprised, however, to see four moves instead of three.

I saw this, of course, as a change to gain a little advantage, myself. "Give her another Quick Attack, Sparrow," I told the Flying-type.

"Teleport out of the way!" Keiko ordered.

This was a bit of a surprise, as well. Sure enough, Sparrow's attack missed, and Natalia wound up on the other side of the room. "Well played," I said, complementing both Trainer and Pokemon.

Sparrow sad 6+1=7/25)
Natalia sad 3+1=4/25)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:28 am
"Okay," Keiko said as she put her SNAG back in her purse/bag/whatever it was. "Finish her off with a Peck!"

Deciding that this could serve for a climactic finish, I decided to play along. "You, too, Sparrow."

The two birds set themselves at a collision course with each other at ramming speed, the pair colliding beak-first. The impact knocked both Flying-types back, and due to the damage taken so far, both had difficulties standing back up.

"Let's call it for today," I suggested to Keiko. "Natalia and Sparrow have both put in some hard work today. They could use a rest."

"Yeah," Keiko nodded, and we both recalled our Pokemon, turning off the Super Training Room as he headed back to the lobby.

Sparrow sad 7+1=8/25)
Natalia sad 4+1=5/25)

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:43 am
The next day, Keiko found me and Rala in the Super Training Room, doing some mild practice. Excitedly, she let her newly-captured Heracross out of its ball before greeting me. "Good morning, Terashi."

"Oh, hey, Keiko," I said calmly, having had my concentration broken by her greeting. My calm demeanor was instantly shattered when I saw her new acquisition, however. "Whoa! When did you catch a Heracross!?"

"Safari Zone," Keiko said quietly, although she couldn't help but smile when she saw my excitement.

"Not bad," I nodded, before returning my gaze to Rala, who seemed just as excited as I was at Keiko's newest catch. "What are you gonna name her?"

This set Keiko off a bit. "Didn't you get mad at me for assuming genders?"

To this, I shrugged. "Not really. Just pointed out that you had a tendency of that. Besides, your Heracross has a curvy horn. The horns of male Heracross are spikier than that."

Confused, Keiko pulled out her SNAG, and after a bit of research, found out that I was right. "Huh. Good eye!"

"Not really," I told her. "I'm very familiar with Kanto-, Johto-, Hoenn-, and Sinnoh-native Pokemon. It's the Unova- and especially the Kalos-natives that throw me off."

To this, she shrugged. "Oh, yeah. Well, wanna help me train her?"

"Sure," I nodded, standing up so Rala and Heracross could get between us. "Go ahead and use Growl to lower Heracross's offensive power."

"Don't take that, Hera. Leer at Rala and lower her defense!" Keiko ordered. Did she just nickname her Pokemon on the spot? Yes, yes she did.

I rolled my eyes - this dance, again. I'd have to get creative in order to challenger her. But with both of our pokemon being dual-typed - one of which I wasn't familiar with, I wasn't sure whether I had the advantage or not.

Rala: (18+1=19/35)
Hera: (null)  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:07 pm
Keiko could see the annoyance in my eyes, and she smirked. She knew how this game was played.

So, I decided to play my own game. "Use Double Team," I told Rala, who immediately flitted across the battlefield, leaving chi copies of herself.

Keiko didn't like this very much. "Just use Horn Attack over and over,' she told Hera, who immediately started impaling chi clones with her horn.

For a second, I smirked and watched. How do you like this game, I almost wanted to ask. But I felt that saying that might have been a bit too gloaty.

Rala: (19+1=20/35)
Hera: (null)  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:31 pm
Hera continued to jab at the Ralts clones, and I could tell it was starting to slow down. Before it got too bad, however, I relented. "Alright, give it a Disarming Voice," I told Rala.

Then something strange happened. I felt remorseful, but I didn't know about what. Almost as if the emotion didn't belong to me. As I contemplated this, however, Rala launched her Fairy-type attack, and although only the real Rala had the energy to make it hurt, the sight of all the remaining clones striking Hera at once almost made its crash understandable.

Regardless, after checking on the Heracross, Keiko freaked out. "What's the big idea?" she asked, her voice wavering. "Having all those Ralas at once is fine, but making them-"

"Okay, all the clones attacking at once is just a visual effect," I explained, freaking out a bit, myself. "Only the real Rala has the strength to use moves with enough power to do damage. I don't get it, either."

A quick check of Hera's data revealed the problem, making me faceplam. "The reason Hera took that much damage is because she's weak to Fairy."

Keiko seemed curious about this, and checked my SNAG. Sure enough, the data was right there. This did little to ease her suffering, but it calmed her down a bit. "Oh. If I had known..."

"I wouldn't have let her fight Rala, either," I said, finishing her sentence in a way. "I guess we can cut this short so you can get Hera healed."

To my surprise, after recalling Hera, she let an odd pink pokemon that strangely reminded me of Stacy out of its ball. "Audino!"

"I wanna keep going," Keiko said. I was surprised by this, but I nodded.

Rala (20+1=21/35)
Hera (null)
Audrey (null)  
The Colosseum (for battles, training, challenges, etc.)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 37 38 39 40 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games