Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Has this kind of things happened to anyone else? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:20 pm
With me, I mainly get honked at..... or harrassed at the mall (had to actually tell the manager once it got so bad, the guys were actually freekin stalking me). In middle school it was really bad. Now I go to a high school that focuses on art, and there are tons and tons of alternatives, so no one has been a hassle there. The most common is odd looks in public. When people do that, I smile and start talking to them, just being really nice. The best thing to do is to do the thing they least expect.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:11 pm
Normally I'll get looks, and food thrown at me. I've learned to try and brush it off as well as possible, because I know they aren't worth my time. One of my friends got so angry at this one kid for throwing stuff at me that she startes to harass them. That was in sixth grade. They never bothered me again, but now I have newer people, plus newer problems.

The newest thing people have done around me (at the mall) is stalking. If I feel like I'm being stalked, I'll go to Hot Topic or some other store--the clerks know me, and respect me. They'll protect me when I need 'em. Ha ha. heart

Sadistic Rainbows

1,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Dressed Up 200

MissHorrorstar

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:57 pm
I just the usual stare and nasty remarks. I actually like it when people stare though and people know that.
One day I was walking with my friend Michaela through Wally World and this old man kept staring at us and finally I looked at him and said "I just love it when people stare at me, makes me feel important and makes them look like an ignorant moron." Then walked away.
I've never had rocks or food thrown at me though, I don't put it past the people around here though.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:08 pm
It rather gets to me when this sort of thing happens.
It just... doesn't seem fair at all.

Two days ago, I was in Spencers which was directly across from Hot Topic.
Not in the least bothered, I was kneeling down to admire a wallet and it's pretty silver chain ~

This girl, what could only be considered someone who shops at "the gap" or "banana republic" etc., shoved past me and Silver, a friend of mine. Saying loud enough so we heard and knew the comment was directed towards us, she walked past with, "You people disgust me..."

I had done nothing to her, said nothing, and was politely moving out of her way with a smile. And yet... I was shocked. What had I done?
I'm clean, I'm polite. I smile, I say 'thank you' and 'please'.
She shoved past to go look at some posters on the far end of the store and laughed with her friends, saying then, "...God, I can't stand those people. Look at their ******** outfits... puh-lease. I mean, gross!"

Silver took my arm, said it wasn't worth it... but I was torn between tears of anger and pain... and wanting to go over there and bash her head into a rack of the store. I refrained because 1) I'm not violent. 2) I didn't want to get banned from Spencer's over it.... which oddly enough, is more my 'style' than hers.
But it's pretty bad when you get kicked out of a haven over people like that...

Lost in Nitemares Kioko

Sautana

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:53 pm
yeah these things have happened to me people giving you those looks and saying things behind my back I don't mind it makes me feel unique the only thing I cant take is if people call me emo cause in my country most of them don't know the difference between goth and emo  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff