Submit

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:35 pm
"I'm down here anyway, I may as well go," Jordan answered Preacher, and nodded respectfully to Jeremiah and the man he assumed was the husband Jeremiah had mentioned.

The man who'd tried to stop them saving Melany was here too, was apparently someone Detective Mercer trusted, from what he'd said to him. Jordan shifted uncomfortably, uncertain what to think. He might well have helped to interfere with something way out of his depth. He'd done what he felt was right at the time, and he hoped, quietly, that that wouldn't turn out to have been a misjudgment.

The Semblance of Unity

azuredreams
hi

blade kuroda
not talkin, but lookin at you

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:01 pm
Preacher pointed a finger at Mercer. "Don't jus' off her. Like knock her out or some s**t." Not that she really though he would, but people got ********' weird about this spooky s**t. "Or something." She frowned heavily.

"I don't think I can be helpful and s**t; I ain't like you," she said. "But may as well go. Like what he'd a-thinkin'" he jerked her thumb back at Jordan and turned towards him. "P.S. sorry bout' draggin' you in n' s**t."

azuredreams
prolixity

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:03 pm
Jordan smiled lopsidedly. "No big deal, I was going anyway," he said.

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:05 pm
"I don't know," says Sunday. (Something about her looks familiar to Rylan. Hadn't he seen her somewhere before, arguing with Liam about his son?) "The cage is broken. It will remain that way. But this is how you preserve the world you know."

She looks at Marcus. Her eyes are oddly colorless. "You can die anytime," says Sunday, "but I doubt it will come out of nowhere." Then her attention shifted to Rylan: "Yes," she says, "Although I believe the memories themselves are the tears. I was looking to see where the broken threads might be, and..." She taps the cover of one of her books thoughtfully. "It should be interesting."

Quote:
Get ready to party tomorrow night!

Blade Kuroda

iStoleYurVamps

Smerdle

Cibarium

Kolina

PeanutButterPies

Prolixity

Saedusk

Melancholies

Daekie

Lizbot

KitsuneAura

The Semblance of Unity

ephebe

Endejester

Amitotic

quite uneventful

Chickadee

Micillia

medigel

MoonRazor

StarSpaceCase

Seussi

Grey Dragon

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:06 pm
"Maybe... we'd have to pick people who didn't want to come home." Volunteers, knowing they'd never see home again, but for a greater good. Except that, in this confusing mess of things, it was hard to tell what was good and what wasn't. Temperance had decided to stick with the idea of no one dying being a good outcome. It was simple, even if she consistently failed.

"A moonwalker, a noble, and Heliodora. What a potent mix." She sighed. "I don't think this is something we can do right now - we might be too late for any of it." She rubbed her arms, feeling goosebumps spring up. "I wish Vivien had known more."

endejester

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:19 pm
"The memories," Alexis says, cautiously, to Sunday. Testing the waters. "Are we gonna be living out someone else's memories or somethin' to fix the cage?" If it came down to it, though, if the cage needed three to replace the teens who were dead (dead, dead, all dead) -- Alexis is willing. They have nothing to go back to outside of Ashdown (or nothing that they want to go back to, which isn't a terribly important distinction at all). But that's a terrible thing to start a conversation with, especially if it's not true anyways, and so they don't mention it at all.

shibrogane

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:25 pm
Leila and Eve approached the Mercer pair carefully, the former at a loss for what to do with her hands. There was a lot to think about. "Time travel, Eve, this is time travel," she kept quietly fussing, over and over, as the werefox gave understanding nods and hand squeezes as needed. None of the ancient and knowledgeable magical powers they knew had ever warned them about the possibility of time travel. This wasn't fair. She was already wishing she'd volunteered to hang back and hold open the proverbial door.

"Um," Leila tried at Jeremiah. She wanted to hug him before they set off to the terrible adventure they'd been consigned to. They were on real hug terms now, right?

"I think she wants to make sure you'll look after the chickens if anything happens," Eve offered to the other pair, only a quarter joking. "Don't worry though, I'll make sure we have enough fun for us all."

azuredreams
iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:34 pm
"That's the plan, Preacher," Jeremiah said to her, giving her a reassuring nod about Sunny but then Sunday was speaking and-

Leila was there. Jeremiah gave his husband a squeeze of his hand before he briefly let go to give her a quick hug. "Of course I would look after the miniloafs," what is grammar; it doesn't apply to small fluffy chicks, "if anything happened but as I fully expect both of you to be back here ..."

Which is to say that he expects them to both live.

"Besides, I'm staying back which automatically means there's less a chance of potential death, hm?" A terrible joke yet oddly true. Jeremiah gave Leila another squeeze, stepping towards Eve to do the same.

"I'll keep a candle in the window for you both," he said with a wink as he straightened up and stepped back to his husband. Their hands would tangle back together immediately.

Yes, he deliberately used that old phrase. He was that nerd.

cibarium

iloveyouDIE

The Semblance of Unity

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:34 pm
“Yeah…” He nodded. “But also people, who might be wanted back home. I think only Heliodora was stuck though.”

He did turn his attention though at the mention of the rifts being memories.

"S-sorry would you excuse me for a moment? I just want to do something."

He moved towards those who had been hugging and tapped Leila on the shoulder. "I'm sorry... while you're hugging, could you do me an odd favor?" He glanced at Jer.

"It's probably not the best place for me to explain but... could you pass on a hug to my Dad, and um..." He shrugged.

The Semblance of Unity

cibarium

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:49 pm
Leila's expression dropped like an anchor and before she could think to verbalize an answer she'd wrapped Zac up in a tight and sustained embrace. "I understand, Zac... he told me. Be careful, okay?"

endejester

cibarium
Crew

Noob

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:01 pm
America's face scrunched up a little at time travel. Memories were one thing but like...

"I thought time travel was just for nerds,"
America whispered softly to Rylan. No wonder they were in a ********> imagination library.

moonrazor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:07 pm
“Tell him the same okay? I know he’s staying, but if anyone can find trouble…” He gave a small laugh.

cibarium

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:20 pm
"Be safe," Alg offered both Eve and Leila one of his hands. The fact of the matter was that they could convey reassurance much better than his hug could. Warm, comforting, and confident. "You can be sure we feel better than you'll be out there helping stop this." Algie was an advocate of level heads and good choices.

The professor did slip away and step back to take his husband's hand again, leaned in to Jeremiah's ear to tell him that Zac was there and what he was saying, and gave the young man a reassuring nod. "We aren't the only ones staying you know," then put on a small smile, "We'll be alright. You worry about fixing this."

azuredreams

endejester

cibarium

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:32 pm
"It's what all the cool kids are doing these days," he whispered back to America, although the prospect of traveling back in time, in any capacity, had him on edge. "I think... I wonder what past me is like. I've only ever seen him in pictures." What would they find back there? Where would they go? Part of him wondered if he'd meet the version of himself he knew lived somewhere in the past. Maybe in all of the pasts there had ever been.

"I've seen her before," he added, studying Sunday with curious eyes. "You've been around for a more than a few lifetimes, haven't you? Are you a thread yourself? Who is-" Maybe it didn't matter. But he'd been wondering all the same. "Who is Liam's son? That he raised in... whatever way he did."

lizbot

shibrogane

MoonRazor

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:36 pm
He offered that same small smile to Alg and nodded. “Yeah, I just… “ He shrugged. Trouble seems to find some people more than others, maybe it’s just because I worry about them.” He gave a small tip of his head.

“But, he does have you.” He admitted.

“I’ll try not to worry.”

iloveyouDIE

azuredreams

cibarium

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items