Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:06 pm
America Jones - South Bonfire - +1 Persuasion

Cam...oh! Her mouth drops open, a little shocked. Does the 2016 version have a little girl as well? She can't say if it'd be stranger if he did or disappointing if he didn't. "Oreo is only good if they're fat and round, and even then, Cookie is cuter." America has Opinions when it comes to pet names.

America moves along without putting up any resistance, laughing as they go until she's giving the younger Leila a chagrined smile as the professor was handed off. "Do you get a lot of little new friends this way," the redhead greeted Leila, eyes bright. From behind the fall of her hair, a bluejay's head pops out to take a good look at this new version of an old friend.

"Not that I'm judging," she laughs.

shibrogane
iloveyoudie
cibarium
moonrazor
kolina

MoonRazor rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:19 pm
Ves to south bonfire, +1 persuasion

"About as well as we could protect them from nuclear war, I guess," Ves said, nodding slowly in sympathetic agreement. She followed Cam's gaze to the little girl playing by the water, suspecting that she was the kid he was trying to protect. "Who were those kids? What happened to them?

Maybe the same trio had been taken, but the deaths... that sounded different, and the newspaper Shun had found earlier hadn't been too enlightening.

And then, momentarily distracted by the sudden arrival of Vivien towing America, Ves let out a bright laugh. "You are fearless, aren't you?"

iloveyoudie
Roll for Finn/Cam

lizbot

shibrogane

cibarium

kolina

MoonRazor

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:37 pm
(au) Preacher Maria - west stage

"Who said she was cryin' because of a guy?" said Preacher, sounding bored. "I'm not gonna keep yelling, the circus is over there," she added, pointing a drumstick somewhere vaguely to the left.

chiickadee

--------------------------------------------------------------------

(au) Juniper Wilcox - north bonfire

"Soulful is a good word," Juniper conceded. "It's very...very nice."

She tucked more hair behind her ear and tried to act casual, absently putting a marshmallow on the end of her stick. "People are worried about...about everything these days," she said softly, frowning slightly. "There's a lot to be worried about, though, it seems."

moonrazor

(au) rabbit vaughn - north bonfire

The flask was only half drunk, but Rabbit wished it was fuller anyway. It was dissipating faster than he'd hoped, his gaze slightly unfocused as he absently shifted the flask back and forth, listening to the distant sloshing of amber liquid that came from inside.

He didn't even know why he'd bothered to come, anyway other than to just...not think.

A voice somewhere to his left made him give out a noncommittal hum, Rabbit lifting his eyes to the newcomer.

"Yeah, s'pose it is," he said. "What brings you out tonight?"

smerdle

maren greenmantle - north bonfire

From her log, Algernon was blown a kiss, just because Maren was feeling cheeky.

iloveyoudie

MoonRazor rolled 1 20-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:41 am
Rylan to north bonfire

"That's true," Rylan agreed, busying himself spinning the stick as the marshmallow turned a lovely shade of caramel brown. "You've got a war people don't want to fight anymore, and trouble in the neighborhood too, I hear."

Mysteries weren't what Rylan did best. What he did best was run headlong into dangerous situations that didn't require logic or thought so much as, to some degree, sheer stupidity. This piecing information together didn't come naturally to him, but he had to try, one way or another.

"Did either of you know the kids who..." Disappeared, was the unspoken conclusion. Died. It hurt to think about it, youthful innocence gone just like that.

kuropeco

iloveyoudie

MoonRazor

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:34 am
    north bonfire || Algernon

The detective and the doctor. Algernon had initially met them together, so to him it seemed like they were probably friends. The commentary on being mysterious and cool pulled a smirk out of him.

"What sort of mystery?"

He caught sight of Maren at the other fire and couldn't help a small laugh, as well as giving her a bit of a flip off. Friendship.

bladxe kuroda

daekxie

north bonfire || Nasir

Nasir, with sad worrisome talk, was happy to compensate by joining Rylan with some marshmallows. He picked up his own stick (which he'd pre-prepared) and spear a few to hold out over the fire.

Juniper was offered a stick too.

At mention of the students the man seemed even more sad, "They were students of ours." He sighed, "Really nice kids."

kuropeco

moonraxzor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:07 am
    south bonfire || Leila

Leila's eyes seemed to widen to Eve's admittance. People didn't often just talk about those things in public these days. Sure there was more visibility but..

The question about herself seemed to strike her a bit dumb and thankfully Vivien came approaching and disrupting the scene. Leila smiled, sliding to offer her arms to help the small girl up into the truck. America was given a grateful smile for returning her in one piece, and then a bit of sparkling interest in the bluejay so comfortably perched on the girl,"Looks like you have a knack for bringing small friends too."

Vivien then got her attention, "Oh! Professor Crab? What's he a professor of? A science I hope- like any decent crab professor." Her head tilted affectionately to the side. She would also settle for a civics professor crab fighting for crab rights.

cibarium

shibrogane

lizbot

south bonfire || Finn, Rylan

"Don't quite know about the three," Cam frowned. It wasn't like it was a secret, the missing kids being all over the papers, "Michael, Adoelle and Heliodora, some high school kids, just up and disappeared one day. Police found two others killed," The fire chief glanced up at Vivien again with the talk of children's safety.

"Ming?" Finn was not going to remember the whole name, "And Jennifer."

"Police are still looking into it," Cam supplied, "But I don't really know much more besides that people aren't sure if they are even connected with all this craziness going on. Activists and protests.. Fire department's got our hands full just putting out the fires that keep springing up. Probably those bra-burners..." It wasn't said with judgement, he just didn't quite like the cavalier use of fire as a protest method.

"Hit some people pretty hard though," Finn looked sad, "The younger people."

moonrazor

kuropeco

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
Blade Kuroda rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:31 am
Shun Kuroda 25/25 North

Shun glanced briefly to Ashton, then looked back to Alg, who was now flipping Maren off in the distance, "Well it is not the most conventional of mysteries, even if it may appear so on the outside. Honestly, it is the stuff I would expect out of a book moreso than reality."

Tilting his head, he pulled the pendant with the mark of the seal out. If Heliodora's notebook was anything to go off of, it was possible others had seen something like this, though not necessarily in the formation it was in now. Leila might have been more likely than Alg, given their apparent ages, but he'd get back to her later.

"Ever seen anything like this? A symbol with a crown, sword, and stars?"

Daekie
iloveyoudie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:58 am

Algernon adjusted his glasses and leaned in to look at it, "Nothing comes immediately to mind. What is it? Is it masonic?" Swords and stars were both prevalent in masonic symbolism, though looked slightly different if his memory served correct.

He did seem eager to talk unconventional mysteries though, even if that particular symbol wasn't triggering anything with him.

blade kuroda

daekie

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:44 am
Shun Kuroda 25/25 North

Shun sighed lightly as Alg didn't seem to know much of it. The trio's peers would probably be better for that, really. Though even then, there was no guarantee.

"A good guess, but no. It does not have to do much with the Masons," he stated before thinking for a moment, "In another small town, not unlike this one, three children had also gone missing. This symbol was rather prevalent. I have heard it be called the 'mark of the seal', though what it is supposed to seal away I am not entirely certain yet."

Not entirely true, but he felt that if he started to get into the whole cage spiel, he'd lose Alg here.

"Now, that alone may not seem like much. And the vanishing teens in two different places might seem like a coincidence, but I do not think that is the case. Especially when the teens share the same name. Seems kind of strange, hm?"

iloveyoudie
Daekie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:58 am

"Three children with the same name, from another town?" Algie seemed to get twitchy about this, a strange glint in his eyes.

"Heliodora and Adoelle aren't exactly common names..." His fingers rubbed at one another in what seemed like sudden agitation, his voice a reflective but off-kilter whisper, "Very odd indeed..."

The college student seemed to be working things over in his mind. His eyes also darted to people around the bonfire, seemingly paranoid that they may hear him talking about it.

blade kuroda

daekie

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
lizbot rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:32 am
America Jones - South - +1 Persuasion: 20 on Leila

Nodding happily, America introduces the two. "This is Mr. Bitterberry Jones, and I'm America by the by." The talk of crab studies has her dimpling up fiercely, but as she scans the crowd, a distracted sort of air begins to seep in.

When there's a piece of quiet, America finally mentions to Leila, "My mom was born here, and I've been looking out for one of her friends. Figured this was as likely a place to find her as any. A girl named Sunny, I think it was."

iloveyoudie
shobrogane
cibarium
moonrazor
kolina

Blade Kuroda rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:41 am
Shun Kuroda 25/25 North

The detective nodded in agreement, "My thoughts exactly."

Shun watched Alg for a moment. He seemed kind of... nervous perhaps? He wasn't sure if it was just the subject matter on its own or if the guy happened to know something. Regardless, he let his voice drop down to a whisper as well, as if to help keep this under wraps.

"Thankfully, in the other town, there were not two grisly murders in conjuncture to the missing three. But people claimed a number of different things to have happened. Strange things. Uncertain if those are related at all," he started, "Have you noticed anything abnormal around here? The sort of stuff that would not likely appear in a newspaper."

iloveyoudie
Daekie

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:47 am
Chel blinked confusedly. She'd never said it was a guy.

"Well you don't gotta keep yellin', 'cause I was talkin' to her and Melany- f'that is you Melany?" Chel was content to keep yelling. She'd been to many concerts and yelled until she was hoarse; she could do this allll day.

shibrogane
melany pls im ur biggest fan

kuropeco

Daekie rolled 1 0-sided dice: Total: 0 (1-0)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:48 am
Ashton Carver 25/25

"Or just - you know -" he flapped one of his hands in the air aimlessly - "anything stranger than usual, yes? Unlike Sherlock here, I'm no detective -- my parents would have never supported it - but it's a hobby." He was quiet, though, glancing around. "The sort of things people can never prove, but always speak about."

Blade Kuroda

iloveyoudie
ARE STRANGER THINGS AFOOT, DEAREST ALGERNON

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:59 pm
    south bonfire || Eve (P+2), Leila (C+1)

Vivien's charm caught the attention of the older Leila as well. She had babysat for extra cash at that age, same as her younger self seemed to be doing, which meant she knew just how much she must be loving it.

"Oh, look at you! Hi there!" she gushed as she bent down to look at the child.

"Her name's Vivien," Eve introduced. "I hear she's very smart."

iloveyouDIE
shibrogane

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out