Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:46 am
Dana totally hears that, and she favors Jamie with a smile. "It's okay," she says. "Me too."

Eightloh says, "Yeah. Jamie 'n me know all of Sibyl's girls." He kind of looks like he wants to reach across Dana to hold his Jamie's hand, too. "Last week it was Aime. He had, you know--" his voice dropped "--AIDS. Sibyl's really upset about it."

Dana presses her fingertips together around the can of coke. "They keep saying if there was just more resources put to it it'd get better," she says. "We can only really fix things when we completely understand them, right? But..." Her gaze dips down to the tabletop.

"Straights don't care about fags like us," says Eightloh flatly. His Jamie grimaces, but nods his agreement. "Guessing you're the same? Parents kicked you out? 'Cause s**t gets real, you know. There's people here who'll help though."

Dana twirls a lock of hair around her fingers. "I think Sibyl wants to get started soon..." She leans back to peer around Eightloh. "The, uh, issues over at the bar seem to have calmed down, anyway. Showing up and acting like that..."

Melancholies
saedusk

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:25 am
He makes a note of the man or 'man', since its hard to tell from a photo how they might prefer to be referred to, and makes a search that is more personal. He searches for the Faces of Heliodora and the other missing children.

He thinks it may be an utterly useless search but he's compelled to try.

Silverah
phone tag...booop

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:01 pm
There are no pictures of Heliodora, Michael, or Adoelle.

None.

endejester

The Semblance of Unity rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:22 pm
Temperance Clark | 25/25
-1 persuasion to Liam, Shun, Temperance

"Sounds like you've a better alcohol tolerance than me." She slid into the seat next to Erin and toyed with the idea of getting a drink. It didn't feel like a night for drinking spirits, though. Probably just a soda. Erin leaned in and Temperance almost leaned back instinctively. Erin was pretty, and pretty women always made her feel a bit uncomfortable.

"All the way back to college - are you from Ashdown, too, then? Sometimes I miss it there - does Liam ever still visit?" She drew circles on the bar with her index fingers. "I'm-" s**t, she couldn't say her name... "Hollandaise, by the way."

silverah

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:48 pm
He shouldn't be entirely surprised... but there is a troublesome thought forming. He searches for Sunny, though he expects little. Though... he coul search for Algernon since Jerimiah was here, but alone.
Silverah

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:57 pm
There is no sign of Sunny in any of the photographs.

There is a framed photograph of Algernon on the table. He looks about 22. The timestamp on the photograph indicates it was taken about a year ago.

Endejester

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:05 pm
"Like... the sauce?" asks Erin, and then she goes with it - "Okay. I've heard weirder. Grew up down the street from a girl named Moccasin. Like, seriously, what."

She shrugs, tips back the last of her glass, and slides it towards the inside edge of the bar. "Nah," says Erin. "I'm from Queens. Kew Gardens." She makes a gun with her fingers and fires off two shots - "Kew Kew. We went to MIT together. I'm a computer systems engineer, he does magitech. As for Ashdown..."

She lowered her voice. "I don't think he's been back since Vivien died, and that was a few years ago."

The Semblance of Unity

The Semblance of Unity rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:06 pm
Temperance Clark | 25/25
-1 persuasion Liam, Temperance, Shun

"The rest of my family got normal names - Charity, Fortitude." Technically, Temperance's name was right along those lines, but she couldn't tell this woman that. "You have one, too - a name?" Smooth.

She sighed. "I thought that might be the case." She hadn't thought of that, but it sounded like an appropriate thing to say. "Magitech... it's still so weird how integrated it all is. I don't really have the ability." This was assuming magitech meant magical technology. She could ask, but she'd probably look both dumber and crazier than she already did.

"Is Renard here?"

silverah

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:13 pm
"Erin," says Erin, and nods appreciatively to Liam as he passes her another glass of beer.

"I don't really have the skill for it either," she confessed. "Like, less than no magical ability, but I don't go spreading that around - if you're out and proud about it, good for you. Luckily the computer thing is picking up, so it's getting to be less and less of an issue. I mean. They used to institutionalize people for not having magic. Thought of it as a disability."

She takes a sip of her new beer, raising her eyebrows at Temperance over the rim of her glass.

"You're kidding, right?"

She jerks a thumb over her shoulder, indicating Sibyl.

"He's exactly where he belongs."

The Semblance of Unity

saedusk rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:19 pm
Jamie Delacroix | 25/25
    +1 to Persuasion

It was still something that embarrassed him, but Jamie felt a swell of warmth in his chest at Dana's reassurance. It was the obvious from his company at the booth to the drag queens on stage that he wouldn't be judged for his orientation here, he wouldn't be looked down on for his femininity. Though he was nervous to outright speak about it, he felt safe, even if that sense of safety might only last as far as the front door.

"I see..." he said droopily, face pulled into a grimace that mirrored his 80s counterpart's. Shiloh was blunt and harsh, but unafraid to speak his heart. That apparently hadn't changed from era to era. Jamie respected him for it.

Answering him, though... Jamie couldn't. His parents had been good to him and though he hadn't told them he was gay or questioning his gender or anything to that effect, he was sure they'd continue to support him. There was guilt in that even if there shouldn't have been.

"I... haven't told anyone about it... not really," was the extent of how he'd respond, "Too scared."

And then he turned to the stage to watch Sibyl. He felt bad that anyone from their time had caused a scene, but in the same breath he was sure they were simply trying figure out how to get home, too. "I-I think maybe... everyone's a little on edge," he ventured, then asked the group, "The others who passed, were they... all good friends of yours?"

shibrogane

Melancholies

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

AMItotic rolled 1 20-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-20)

AMItotic
Crew

Nebulous Trash

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:30 pm
Lily Babineaux - 25/25
    no roll modifications

"Oh."

Lily looked past Shun, where some kind of ruckus seemed to be happening at the bar, but she made no effort to rush over, to intervene on someone's behalf. Their job was to blend in, to figure things out, and even if she bit her lip when Temperance slid away from the bar she continued to do as she always did, which was nothing.

"Try not to have too much fun, okay?" Lily said, glancing back to the older Shun as she made her way towards the bar. She took a seat a few stools away from the alternate Temperance, glancing over the counter at the selection before looking down at her fidgeting hands. They were at a wake, what was she supposed to say to people who were grieving? She'd only ever been to a funeral once, and that was for some weird uncle she'd never met in person. Even worse, these people were about thirty years too early to be soothed by shitty memes.

"All this acting up is thirsty work, huh?" She asked to the alternate Temperance, mustering a nervous smile. "You, um...here for someone in particular? Or just all of it?"

Silverah

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:51 pm
Temperance has acquired a second martini and, with it, a new olive to torture. She spins it in her drink, the toothpick spinning fast between her fingers. "I'm a nurse," she says wanly. "Some of them were my patients."

AMIt0tic

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
AMItotic rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)

AMItotic
Crew

Nebulous Trash

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:24 pm
Lily Babineaux - 25/25
    no roll modifications

"That...would make sense," Lily shrugged, thinking about the Temperance from her time, why this one might be carrying those bags under her eyes. She waved softly at Liam, but was in no rush to get a drink, especially not after he had been so nervous about her presence earlier in the week. He probably had other things on his mind anyways.

"But I mean," she continued, trying to fan the dying embers of her conversation. "I'm sure it made a difference either way, you know? Like, even if they didn't make it, you still made their time better, and that's what matters, right?"

She looked down, scanning over the scuff marks on the counter for something to say. "Is there...um...a protocol for what to do for everyone here? This wasn't really...talked about at home or anything."

It wasn't technically wrong.

Silverah

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:51 am
There is a growing feeling of pressure in the air.

Something is about to happen...

Quote:
Something will change tonight at 9pm PST!

Marcus Lacroix
iStoleYurVamps

Nazriya Ravnholm & Isobel Penrose
Ephebe

Rabbit Vaughn
Smerdle

Oliver & Shiloh Beaumont
Melancholies

Jamie Delacroix
saedusk

Lily Babineaux
AMItotic

Zac Bantock
endejester

Temperance Clark
The Semblance of Unity

Connor Hill
Seussi

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:43 am
"I.. I don't know," says Temperance, and sighs. "The FDA's dragging their feet bringing drugs to market. The only one we have right now is awful - most patients can't afford it or keep up with the treatment schedule. I have this spell - soothing touch - it helps, but..."

She cringes.

"Magic and medicine don't really mix much," she confesses. "People are superstitious. And so much can go wrong."

She purses her lips.

"Did you feel that?" she asked. "Just now? The air pressure changed."

AMItotic

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out