rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[1922] Glass Coffins Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
prolixity rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:46 am
Jordan Miller - 21/21
-2 persuasion

Marcus pulls the trigger, and

and

and the gun is in Marcus's pocket, never fired at all, and Marcus had never even spoken to them, only remained muttering to himself beside the bookshelves, eyes wild and glassy. Jordan shakes his head and regrets it immediately as the dizziness comes sweeping over him in an oppressive wave, reminding him forcibly that he is out of place and out of time.

When he recovers a little, the other person who had come to confront Marcus with him has walked away. He follows them, if only because he wants some kind of reassurance that what he hasn't witnessed hasn't been witnessed alone, and is in time to hear the last of what they say. "A cycle of events," he adds, thinking of what Marcus had said, before it all unhappened the first time.

Daekie

shibrogane

The Semblance of Unity rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:33 pm
Preacher Maria | 22/22
+1 combat, + 1 persuasion, -1 combat (glitch)

"Mebbe it can be modified to contain a rift - it contained Sunny afored - sorta, but I doubt I'da get answers from her right now," she muttered, more to herself than anyone else. This Sunny was different, too, less vibrant; like there had been too much of her self contained. Or rather, Sunny was the cage created and... if she was the receptacle, what if this one was empty? The newcomer was given a nod as Preacher tried to process things.

She looked at Asiya, Chris, Arthur. "Why is Sunny like that - like she's empty or unfinished or somethin'?" Preacher probably should have asked how to make a new sigil, but she didn't really wanna have to poach someone on it today.

shibrogane
medigel
azuredreams
ALL Y'ALL

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:07 am
Alexander's face twists in disapproval. "Such a thing would only be possible with an absolutely catastrophic expenditure of magic," he says, flatly. "I doubt one such as yourself has the knowledge to even begin to set up such a cycle, much less exploit one in a positive manner. My father could certainly do it. I might be able to. It takes years of study."

Daekie
Prolixity

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:10 am
Arthur shudders to life like an automaton, his head swiveling to face Preacher with slow, jerky motions. "You could create a sigil to contain a rift," he confirms. "It would need three elements."

He looks over towards Sunny. "My niece hasn't been the same since she returned from the asylum. Sometimes I think we did wrong by that girl."

The 5emblance of Unity

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Daekie rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:38 am
Alexis Tucker / 22 HP / -1 to combat (glitch)

"I have reason to suspect," Alexis smiles, and keeps on smiling, "we're trapped in one, actually. What I want to know is how you break them. I've made enough mistakes with magic --" they tap one jagged tooth -- "but with that level of it, you'd need something massive to break it, yeah?"

shibrogane
Prolixity

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:17 pm
"Three elements like in this one, as I've said. You can seal or contain but it this ... this has been used." Her words are repetitious, if anyone notices.

"Anything is possible with the correct set of glyphs involved. Use the right ones and you can do anything."

Silverah

The Semblance of Unity

quite uneventful

Micillia

KitsuneAura

kyllswitch

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
The Semblance of Unity rolled 1 20-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-20)

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:28 pm
Preacher Maria | 22/22
+1 persuasion, +1 combat, -1 combat(glitch)

"An asylum?! In this day and ********' age?" They weren't great in the modern age - a body had to be careful which one they picked. But they were so much worse back in the 20s, magic or not. Electroshock therapy, or, if Sunny was lucky, she'd have been given regular periods of dance or sewing. Preacher's mouth twisted.

"How could you?" She aimed a kick at Arthur's shin.

silverah
kick kick

prolixity rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:52 pm
Jordan Miller - 21/21
-2 persuasion

Jordan glances over at Marcus, back at Alexander, and asks, very carefully, "What would happen if someone important to the loop died within an iteration of it? If anything?"

Daekie

shibrogane

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:20 pm
"An absolutely catastrophic expenditure of magic," repeats Alexander. He is unimpressed by their teeth. "The backlash would be... there's hardly words for it. I wouldn't expect anyone involved to survive."

He looks to Jordan. "It would reset," he says. "Theoretically, the only person important to the loop would be the one upon whom it is focused. If an important, but peripheral, person were to die, they..." He doesn't shrug, but he looks like he wants to. "Would likely be trapped until the cycle reset."

Prolixity
Daekie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:03 pm
Arthur sidesteps Preacher with a soldier's grace, his expression growing narrow. "She has terrible fits," he explains. "She sees things that aren't there, has screaming arguments with beings no one else can see. What were we supposed to do? She's my brother's child. The family loves her - but in his absence, we were unable to care for her."

He continues moving, keeping a good distance between himself and preacher, whom he clearly no longer trusts at all. "We did the best we could at the time."

the semblance of unity
-1 to future persuasion rolls against Arthur.

Ashdown Crier
Captain

Daring Seeker

The Semblance of Unity rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:58 am
Preacher Maria |22/22
+1 combat, +1 persuasion, -1 combat(glitch), -1 persuasion(Arthur only)

She scowled when her foot didn't make contact with Arthur's shin. "Yeah, well, ******** you n' tha horse you rode in on," she muttered. There were always alternatives - there had to be - that didn't leave a girl like a goddamn robot. With a deep breath, she turned to the other girls in the group around her.

"Can one o' you go n' ask his ********' highness over there which glyphs we need ta use to seal up the rift? I'd go but y'know-" She shrugged. "-I think m'foot would find his idiot shin again, so..." Or maybe they needed to protect whomever was the subject of that shooting. She rubbed her forehead before turning back to Asiya and Chris.

"So how d'you make a new one, then? What do I do asides from drawin' it?"

medigel
azuredreams
quite uneventful

Micillia

KitsuneAura

kyllswitch

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:15 pm
"Drawing it isn't always required," Asiya seems to not notice at all what transpires, instead watching Preacher as she spoke.

"People can represent each part, but they must choose it. Willing is best, unwilling is worst- Three people can represent each symbol," she repeats, almost as if she's broken, "but then you would need a focal point. Something of great magical power."

Her head twists, the hijab falling further.

"Sunny," she says, "it should be Sunny. She is the best choice." She blinks. "I don't- How do I know-" She looks to her hands. "Why am I so old?" Asiya shudders and resets, looking blankly at the group again.

The Semblance of Unity

medigel

Silverah

Micillia

kyllswitch

KistuneAura

quite uneventful

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:07 pm
Preacher Maria | 22/22
-1 combat(glitch), -1 persuasion(Arthur*winkwonk*), +1 combat, +1 persuasion

She opened her mouth to speak and then shut it. Well, ******** doo. Wakey, wakey, eggs and ******** the hell up. It seemed pretty clear what they all had to do. Become the sigil and hope it didn't damn Sunny three ways to Sunday in 9 decades from now.

"Hey, girlie-" Preacher looked at Veronica and then glanced around. "HEY, WATERBOY! C'MERE." She looked back at Veronica. "Look, we gotta like... go pow-wow around Sunny - you can be tha stars, I'm the sword, ******** over there can be the crown. I think we gotta do this to make things ********' work. You in; you feelin' magical?" She snapped her fingers. It would either work or they'd look dumb as ********. Preacher hoped the former.

quite uneventful
daekie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:24 pm
Alexis Tucker / 22/22 / -1 combat (glitch)

"What," Alexis snapped, secretly thankful they didn't have to speak to Alexander any further; moving to Preacher's side with efficiency. "Let me get this straight -" they stopped. Took a breath. The glaze in their eyes faded a bit, replaced with a vicious efficiency. "You want to recreate the sigil. Sword, crown, stars. And you want to do it 'round her." They gestured to ******** it. Sure. It can't be worse than this. You have any water?"

The Semblance of Unity

quite uneventful

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:36 pm
"Not 'less you mean spit." She grinned up at Alexis. "Here, gimme your hand." In her right hand, she produced a sharpie and gestured for their hand. In the time it had taken for Alexis to walk over, she'd drawn a sword on her hand because, well, why the ******** not.

"N' yeah, you got it 'bout right. Unless you can think of something better to do." She glance over at Veronica. "If you're in, your hand's next, k'."

daekie
quite uneventful

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas