rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[1989] Awake or Asleep Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
iStoleYurVamps rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:19 pm
Marcus made a face of pure terror.
"Christ almighty no." He didn't even want to contemplate that. Ever.

"At the very least thank you though. Small miracles I guess to not hear of her being here or well." He left the rest unsaid. That she wasn't known among the dead.
He looked again at her drink and the poor abused olive.

"... Not feeling like drinking but still wanting to?"

Silverah
-1 persuasion

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:16 pm
Temperance doesn't meet his gaze. Her hand freezes mid stab.

"I... I got some scary health news this week," she confesses. "So I'm not really feeling myself."

She clutches the toothpick so hard that it bows against the pressure. "That's always the danger of hands-on healing magic," she says, jaw held tight. "That you might catch what you're trying to cure."

istoleyurvamps

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
iStoleYurVamps rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:46 pm
For a while, Marcus isn't sure how to respond. He blinks, trying to read her face, to find words and process her own. His brain filtering out what she'd told him, what it means and how bad it is. The time, this era, the fact that this soon after the outbreak she is looking at almost nothing.

And yet here she is, mourning others. Perhaps herself as well.

Marcus is not one to ever say he is particularly good with words or articulating his thoughts but, he understand fear and worry and anxiety. Not always the same way, but on premise. In theories.
So Marcus did the first thing that he could think of.

He reached out to hold Temperance's hand.
"The fact you try when so many won't speaks louder of who is the better healer, the better person." He felt it best to try and remove the tooth pick from her before she stabbed herself by accident.

Silverah

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:09 pm
Temperance looks like she wants to pull away, but doesn't.

"Magic can't solve everything," she says softly. "Or most things."

"Because people lack imagination," says Liam, who apparently has no concept of tact.

Temperance cracks the toothpick.

istoleyurvamps

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
iStoleYurVamps rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:38 pm
He smiled at her, pulling her hand and giving a soft kiss to her knuckles before letting go.
'It is better to try than to not try at all as the saying goes."

He pointedly ignored Liam's remark.

"I like to think magic exists to help us. In the right hands, it has such a vast unknown potential. Tell me, what's it like, healing people with magic? I'm afraid I lack a certain aptitude for it."

Then he turned to Liam, smiling as if he were talking of the weather. "Can I get a tequila sunrise?"

Silverah
-1 persuasion but has addictive saliva so idk broski

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:59 pm
Lily Babineaux - 21/21
      -2 to persuasion rolls

What Lily was feeling couldn't be real.

She slumped against the wall of the hallway leading up to Andromache's, clutching at her head. Someone had taken her brain and run it through a blender, an appliance they'd then thrown down a flight of stairs. Everything else ached, not in the good workout-endorphins way, but in the general soreness that made a nest in her bones before she got ill. The hallway spun, and Lily thought of puking to make it all stop, but as long as she kept breathing the nausea eventually ebbed away.

When she walked through the door she nodded at Shun but made no effort to talk to him, her tired eyes taking in the scenery. They were...starting over? So she'd time travelled again? But time travelling hadn't hurt like that, and she'd done something to trigger it.

She ran her fingers through her hair and found her horns, back on her forehead where they were supposed to be. That was new.

At a loss for how to feel about the sudden smoldering of the place, Lily crept up to the bar, sliding into an available stool vaguely near the others. When she could make eye contact with Liam, she waved, wondering vaguely if she would be remembered now that she had some eyeliner on and a couple of extra headware accessories.

"Sup, Broski," Lily said to the bartender, trying to keep casual even though her head was still pounding. "You have any aspirin back there or something for a headache?"

Silverah

AMItotic
Crew

Nebulous Trash

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:17 pm
Temperance stares at Marcus. "You're braver than most," she says. "Or more foolhardy."

She sets her drink aside and wrings her hands together. "I mostly focus on taking people's pain away. That's what medical magic is best for - soothing. You're not supposed to interfere too much with natural processes. It can backfire."

Liam snorts. "Old-world superstition," he says, and hands Marcus a glass of tonic water.

"Right," replies Temperance, sounding salty. "Old-world superstition is why I've had to stop your partner from experimenting with dangerous unregulated spells. Not because he could accidentally kill himself - or worse."

iStoleYurVamps

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:18 pm
Liam hands Lily a glass of tonic water.

On second thought, he adds a wedge of lemon.

Amitotic

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
iStoleYurVamps rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:33 pm
Marcus can't help but suppress the small chuckle.
"Having empathy is hardly being brave. Thought I'll take foolhardly. I did once think it a good idea to try sending a weather balloon up with a camera to see if it would get me a better view of a development site once for work." He shrugged.

"In hindsight, I am glad the company never did check who rented out the cameras that weekend. I got very lucky."

Taking the drink, (giving a small look towards Liam's inference of what was a tequila sunrise) he sipped at it, listening as the duo talked. "And here is where I expose my ineptitude towards magic. What exactly is an unregulated spell; I mean, aren't most spells well documented and such? I can't imagine you just... go dabbling in it on a whim."

Silverah
-1 as u kno

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:36 pm
Mika points to herself - who, me? - the burning sleeve flapping through the air. There almost seems to be a lag in her noticing the flame, like she's responding over a slow internet connection. When she does, her eyes go wide. She raises her arm and, with her other hand, extinguishes it with a pinch.

"Huh," she says. "Wonder how that happened. Thank you."

She looks down at Jamie, and then, curiously, to the version of him seated in the booth a few yards distant. She narrows her milky blue eyes at him.

"It is Jamie, right?"

sa3dusk

melancholies
in case you're following <3

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:34 am
Temperance gives Marcus a very strange look. "Didn't you just answer your own question?" she asks.

istoleyurvamps

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:42 am
"Something like that," says Jeremiah. "I'm not much for the art stuff, but he'd know."

He looks towards the stage.

"I don't see anything."
endejester

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
endejester rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:53 am
“If it was something obvious I wouldn’t feel so anxious.” He shook his head.
“But I just have a bad feeling about the stage area. Maybe it’s just something tucked away, your stage doesn’t really seem like the trap door type but, maybe someone could just look and see?”

Saying ‘I saw a bomb go off, you have to believe me’ was so close to being said, but he’d probably be accused of drugs again.

Silverah

The Semblance of Unity rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:39 am
Temperance Clark | 22/22
-1 combat(glitch)

She slid over to the bar, taking a seat near Temperance, Liam, et al. "May I have a drink, please - non-alcoholic?" Temperance sighed - how to get everything across without being thrown out or whatever.

"Liam," she said. "Does tonight feel kind of weird? Like, more than normal, maybe." There, perfect.

silverah
istoleyurvamps
hi im near u

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

saedusk rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:37 pm
Jamie Delacroix | 23/23
    +1 to Persuasion
    -1 to Combat

Concern and confusion had Jamie legitimately scared by the way Mika acted so casually, by the fact that no one at all seemed perturbed by the explosion or even aware of the fallout that had them looking the way they did. The migraine he'd earned for his trouble pounded furiously at his temple when he thought too hard about it. Everything in the bar wobbled at the corners of his vision.

"Jamie, yeah," he responded, seeing the way she looked at him but not fully comprehending the reason. Only moments before he was sharing a booth with his and Shiloh's doppelgangers and no one had acted overly suspicious about it beyond their initial reactions.

Looking to the void in the floor, he asked, "A-Are you okay? You didn't get burned or anything?" Then he looked back at her, pale and grimacing. "I've got a bad feeling. O-On a night like tonight... you don't think..." he paused and huffed and the void in the floor lingered at the corner of his vision. What was the sight they'd seen supposed to tell them? "You haven't, um, heard any rumors a-about threats against this place... have you?"

Silverahhhh

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces