Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[prp] missed appointment (eve + melany) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:59 pm
    Shiloh's lips pursed into a thin line. "I don't think it'll do anything, but I could try something?"

Melany's magic was far too powerful to combat, but maybe as a principal...

"For... for a future reference, though," He said quietly, "Dealing with the Madame is a lose-lose situation, but usually listening to her is the lesser of two evils." His eyes were a little glassy again, "She doesn't just hurt you physically. She hurts you in ways that you can't heal from. She was the one who tithed me, y'know?"

As for Melany on the floor... "I won't tell her about this if you don't want, but... but if you do, can I do it? She didn't freak out when I told her about the Spinel Lady and the new sigil and everything." He frowned, "I mean, she heard the Madame's voice, but she never came out... not like this." He sighed, not really elaborating oh why that might be.

cibarium
hang tight ur gonna learn a thing or two

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:13 pm
The offer to help got an interested look from Eve, but she didn't answer it for the moment.

His explanation of 'the Madame's' behavior got a knowing smile and nod from her, however. With a little shake of her head, Eve confessed, "She's a lot like my mother. I know what you mean." before continuing to the more important topic at hand: what to do with the real Melany. On this topic, however, she could be a little more confident on how to answer.

"Please tell her, as much as you can. Her own bodily autonomy is at stake here."

Not to mention so much else.

melancholies

cibarium
Crew

Noob

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:45 pm
    Shiloh nodded, "Yeah, I don't like keeping things from people." He admitted this despite the fact that he was keeping it from so many people. "There's... a way to help her still, I think, through the Court charter. I just have to figure out how to like... alter it without... altering Melany too." He looked over at her, still out cold. "Since she sort of is the Court. They did such terrible things to her Eve." He shuddered again, "Terrible, terrible things."

He held his hand out, "I think that's why she can alter magic like she can, but... I dunno, it's a long shot, but I think I can alter magic in a lot of ways too. I haven't tried but..." He shook his head, "I'm uh... one of the principals, y'know? There's gotta be something I can do."

cibarium

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:00 pm
Eve shrugged. "You can try," she said. She had no confidence it would work.

The terrible things, she had heard about. That didn't need mentioning.

melancholies

cibarium
Crew

Noob

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:47 pm
    "Worth a shot, right?" He was still shaking when he reached out to her, but he tried to focus despite it. It was a strange feeling, to cast magic; it had only gotten stronger after he inherited his role from Micheal. He could feel it swirling around his hand and up under his nails and under the veins in his skin like tiny snakes.

In his mind's eye he visualized a lock, he tried to imagine reconnecting the flow of magic, opening it back up, flipping a switch.

shibrogane
u can come back in with melany whenever you want/quoting to see if the key thing does anything just in case

cibarium

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:34 pm
Shiloh and Eve could feel the key slot into place. The fox-that-was-Eve was so close. Neither of them had the strength to turn that key and break the lock, and trying now would only fix Eve in her powerless state forever.

Behind them, Melany opened her eyes to look at the ceiling. Her stare was vague, but she was groping for her phone, pushing herself up. "Where... what happened?"

Melancholies
cibarium

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:42 pm
"Melany..." Eve was surprised and relieved to see her awake. And herself.

Gritting her teeth and giving Shiloh a heartbroken look, she said, "This isn't working-- help her. I can..." She fumbled about for her phone.

melancholies
shibrogane

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:50 pm
    "I'm sorry..." He sounded genuine, too. There was something missing, something lacking, something almost there, but...

Melany stirred behind them and his head snapped back like a mouse trap, eyes wide. He held his breath. He exhaled it sharply. He didn't say anything else to Eve for the moment as he crept back over to Melany's side.

"You... you passed out." He looked exhausted, "Are you feeling okay?"

cibarium

shibrogane

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:52 pm
Melany pulled her knees up to her chest. "I think I fell on my shoulder," she said, and then she looked from her knees up to Shiloh. "I... Did I text you? Did I go away?"

cibarium
Melancholies

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:06 pm
"You did. I ended up texting Shiloh's boyfriend for you..."

Eve creased her brow heavily. She hadn't thought of her Pack, hadn't wanted to yet, but now she was thinking of Jamie, and how their relationship wouldn't be the same. It wouldn't be the same with Lily either, or Oliver. Worse yet, this was likely the exact sort of event they were supposed to stop.

Throughout the slow conversation she was tapping out a message to Leila. If she didn't leave this room soon she would collapse from the inside out.

shibrogane
melancholies

cibarium
Crew

Noob

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:14 pm
    Shiloh gave Eve a sympathetic glance over his shoulder, then turned back to Melany. "Like Eve said, she texted Jamie, I came as fast as I could..."

The relief on his face—his desperate willpower to look strong—began to falter. He took a seat on the floor next to her rather than crouch, his knees popping from the motion. "You were by the time I got here, yeah." There was a familiar panic in his eyes, though this was far more subdued than the anxiety attack that Melany had witnessed before. "But you're back now..." It's okay, he wanted to say, but it really wasn't. He wouldn't undermine Eve like that, not after loosing all of her powers the way she did. "She's gone."

shibrogane

cibarium

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:36 am
"What did I do," asked Melany. There was an oddly empty tone in her voice, which was only not concerning because her face was all scrunched up in preparation for a blow. Like someone waiting to be punched in the stomach, really, she said, "Shiloh? What did I do?"

She inched closer to Shiloh, held out a hand for him to hold if he wanted.

cibarium
Melancholies

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:22 pm
"You didn't do anything," said Eve, but her pretense that everything was going to be fine was barely holding up around those words.

shibrogane
melancholies

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:42 pm
    Shiloh nodded, "You didn't do anything." He reiterated before taking one of Melany's hands (there was a slight hesitation, but Shiloh was never good at physical contact). "She... You know that power, the one where you can stop people's magic?" He looked over his shoulder at Eve again.

"It got taken away. I can't open it." He sighed. What good was a key that couldn't open a ******** lock? "When I got here, it'd already happened. When I got here..." He trailed off. "She was trying to get Eve to tell her something. She... said if Eve didn't then she'd..."

Shiloh looked somber, but he still held her hand. His own was shaking; could she tell? "She said she'd kill me if she didn't." He squeezed her hand, "It wasn't you. I don't want to hide anything from you, that's why I'm telling you, but it wasn't you."

cibarium

shibrogane

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:21 pm
Melany's expression melted. She'd been apprehensive before. Now she was horrified, pale eyes wide beneath her thick eyelashes. She put a hand over her mouth like she was afraid of what would come out, her fingers clamped to her cheeks so sharply that her skin went white.

"I'm so sorry," she whispered, but muffled. "I'm so, so sorry."

Melancholies
cibarium

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out