Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[PRP] proper meetings (cass & jeremiah) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:36 pm
Cass would have to reach past the whispers of names and the way reality seemed to bend around her. For a quick few heartbeats even Jeremiah looked different. Older, then younger (one could tell because he had dark brown hair with silver peppered throughout and obviously growing in), and then he looked himself again.

Then she got a hold of it. Jeremiah made a noise, a grunt of exertion, as the glitch began to struggle and fight back. Whatever she had gotten, it did not want it pulled away.

"Too late, she's got it," he said in a low rumble. As Cass pulled it out, Jeremiah was pulling the glitch the opposite direction.

They would both go tumbling, Jeremiah with the shimmering form of the glitch and Cass with a particularly fluffy feathered crow. (If one would call it that. It had three eyes, a red beak, three legs and it's feathers were edged in a deep arterial red.)

demon_pachabel
DMG TOTAL: 30/?? ; CASS FOUND A THING. it's ... cute but kind of weird. it's also very much stunned and not sure what's going on right now, so think ragdoll in hands ~

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:13 am
This was perhaps one of the weirdest things she'd ever experienced. Was she changing the way Jeremiah did as she reached down through this? What would she have looked like to him if she was? It was cataloged in the back of her mind to be wondered with more fullness later.

She'd found something, after all. It didn't want to budge all that gently either. Fortunately, this wasn't entirely her decision - and she was once again thankful that Jeremiah was there to pull the spazzing mass of...whatever it was in the opposite direction as she pulled out.

Whatever she had, Cass held it to her as she tumbled back, ending up flat on her back with a wheeze. It took her a few minutes to actually regain her breath. Once she sat up to look at what she had in her arms, it was so limp she was worried she'd smothered it to death. Only once she'd held it up, did she notice it was still breathing.

"The hell are you, little guy?" she muttered to herself, thankful it wasn't thrashing around, but...also aware that it could at any moment. Quietly, Cass removed her coat to bundle around the little guy so only it's head was poking out. It was a great excuse to show off one of her many shirts.

"Jeremiah? Are you alright?" DID SHE NEED TO WRASSLE MORE?

Azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:03 pm
Said little guy blinked all of it's eyes simultaneously. It looked rattled, not quite sure where it was or why it was there or even that it was bundled. A small beep of a squawk escaped but that was it.

"I am-" Jeremiah called back but then his voice cut off. He had tumbled towards the rubble, once more grateful of his abilities, and his hands had sunk inside of the glitch once Cass had pulled out the bird. Not that he could tell that because he had a face full of glitch that was practically screaming now.

It was no longer a scream of noise, as it had been, but began to sound like multiple screams.

When he had looked towards Cass, he had noticed the changes but quickly refocused. Now, as he had his hands within the glitch, he could feel what he had thought.

"Keep that thing safe. I'll be fine," he managed to call back to her, his voice sounding tight and strained. Jeremiah, instead of pulling himself away, was pushing deeper and searching for something.

It was not exactly a no, stay away but he was busy trying to see past what was within the glitch. The air was shimmering and distorted around them both now, as if the glitch was struggling to keep itself together.

demon_pachabel
DMG TOTAL: 30/?? ; CASS FOUND A CUTE BIRB THING ; jer is trying to do a thing.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:30 am
Cass held her little bundle of bird closer to her when the Glitch started making a more distinctly...not glitchy noise. She tried to cover her ears, one with her shoulder, the other with an actual hand, brows furrowing. Lord that thing was noisy. Her attempts to drown it out didn't work. She covered the little bird's 'ears' (or where she felt they should be) instead.

Jeremiah seemed to be slowly sinking into a Glitch-looking-body-suit (the strangest fursona ever) from where Cass was, and she lingered between going closer to try and help, or staying to protect this strange monster she'd pulled out. It was kinda cute, actually. She was going to call it Lloyd.

Which basically meant she was bonded to it now.

"So Lloyd, do we want to stand back farther?" she looked down at the bird, then glanced around to see if she could spot Hellbine. The feline probably would be in a perfect spot for safe standing. Not that Cass was worried about her own safety. Clearly.

azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:33 pm
Hellbine was definitely at a safe spot a good distance away, only visible because he was starkly white (with a bit of pink and green on his head). The bundled bird let out a confused squawk, the noise particularly soft and quiet. It absolutely had no idea what was going on.

As Jeremiah continued to reach within the glitch, he realized that it was not one but many. It was also- For a moment the world around him bled away, the glitch falling upon him entirely and covering him.

other ashdown suddenly disappeared, though to Cass he was still there and his form distorted by the glitch like a haze, and it was as if he was back in Ashdown. The section of town that this was but in the shape it had been before they had changed the world.

Jeremiah growled low and pushed back at the glitch with every bit of magic that he had. The distortion fell away, other ashdown back around him, and what had once been the glitch - an entire being - broke into static-like pieces on the ground.

demon_pachabel
the home s t r e t c h

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:03 pm
Cass idly stroked along the side of the crow's head, making a point to avoid all of the eyes she could have accidentally poked along the way as she fidgeted from one foot to the other. Outside of birbysitting, she was feeling a little useless.

Jeremiah didn't seem to be in pain, but he didn't look right (did anything around these Glitches look right?) and she hesitantly took a step forward towards the battle-she-couldn't-really-see to try and evaluate it better. It made for a great view of dissipating static.

"Are...is...everything - you?- okay?"

azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:13 pm
"Don't think I'll be looking at static television screen the same way again ..." Jeremiah said, picking himself up with a grunt. Despite the icy scales on his skin that made him immune to damage, he still felt over exerted but that was attributed to the fact that the glitches had made him use more magic than he had in a long time.

The bits and pieces of the glitch seemed to quiver upon the ground, as if they were stunned. When Cass started to come closer, one step at a time, they started to vibrate and coalesce one more. Jeremiah's hand flicked, cold fire springing to life above it as a barrier went up abruptly around him and the remnants.

"These need to be disposed of. They're- they shouldn't even be anymore."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:27 pm
"I don't think I'd blame you if the next time your TV starts showing noise you put your fist through it." She wouldn't reveal how amusing of a mental image it was, though. Mostly because Jeremiah seemed far too...level and thought out to do something so on the fly.

"Okay, then what do we do?" she looked at the pieces, pondering if she'd be due to throw some more magic around in the near future (she sort of hoped not. She needed a little break from doing magic. Her arms felt a little tingly). "I mean, unless you have it covered, I'll help still."

azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:24 pm
There was a huff that escaped from Jeremiah, a near laugh that did not come out. It was a funny visual and certainly something he would not do. "I certainly won't be watching the Ringu series any time soon."

His eyes flicked to her face and then to the barrier that he had made. For the moment, though the pieces were so obviously pushing at it - and seemingly held back, despite that the barrier was visible and stretched over them - they were not escaping.

"Make sure you don't see any others? These are remnants of the old world, leftovers of the magic that changed things, I believe."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:49 pm
"Or Poltergeist." Cass added helpfully - it was also a better movie in her opinion, so it had that going for it.

She looked down at the pieces, then at the bird she had bundled up in her jacket. "I didn't notice anything besides Lloyd." Cass admitted. "But I'll take a quick look around?" would they have flown very far if they were flung from that spot?

"Did you notice anything, little buddy?" she looked at Lloyd, as though he would know.

azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:35 pm
"The original was better," Jeremiah replied. "Bloody hell, that movie may be different now that magic is a known commodity ..." He would need to rewatch it. Moving on. Lloyd let out a confused squawk again.

Definitely a response that Lloyd had no idea what was going on.

"Just keep watch then." The barrier that he had summoned began to pull in closer, forcing the remnants towards him. Hellbine apparently decided to make an appearance, as things looked safer, and was peering at things from Cass's feet.

As the glitches were brought in closer, they seemed to struggle more and more. Jeremiah crouched to the ground, his hand held out over one of the glitches and his eyes closed. A breath escaped, eyes opening back up as he called one of them to his hand that was surrounded by coldfire.

It struggled in his hand, the air distorting around it and his hand itself doing so as well. The rings, the bloodstone signet along with the one made of unnerving bone, disappeared only to reappear multiple times. Eventually however it's struggling ceased and the glitch faded before it sparked once, a brilliant emerald hue, and disappeared in a puff of smoke.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:46 pm
"The original was the best," Cass agreed. She at least liked good horror movies.

Lingering over Jeremiah's shoulder, she watched as he pulled the barrier together, eyes flickering between what was happening to the man himself (was that a ring made of bone? She wanted one!) and the contents of the barrier curiously.

She was half certain of what he was doing, idly stroking her corvian companion, then looking up and around to make sure they weren't secretly being snuck up on. Because that probably would have been bad. After a glance, she looked back down again.

"So, is that the end of it or...."

The question was there, but unsaid. Are there more? She'd wrestle them all personally if so.

azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:20 am
Jeremiah was dispersing the magic back though it was taking a lot out of him to do so. There were many fragments on the ground - each a little remnant - and he was tugging at the threads of it until it simply melted away.

By the time he was done, the barrier disappearing in a small burst of cold air, Jeremiah was ready to take a break.

There were no others that appeared.

"I can't say," admitted Jeremiah. "These were remnants of what was left behind; more than just magic. I can only guess that they coalesced into one form and took over that little one." His fingers flicked towards Lloyd who let out another confused squawk. Hellbine gingerly made his way over to his people-dad before he was mewing at him to be picked up.

Yes, hi. Your child is worried. Jeremiah huffed and crouched down enough for the small feline to hop aboard.

"I dispersed them back but ..." His shoulders rolled and then he yawned. "I can never assume that something is a one time deal."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:51 am
"Left behind? By what?" She had a few ideas, but, "like pieces of things from when some people sort of....dethroned people from this timeline and the like?" Cass had been briefed enough to be able to joke with Marcus that he'd crossed time and space just to meet her and that he should have been disappointed.

She'd probably make that joke a few times.

"Is his appearance a result of that or was he just...like this before?" Cass idly scritched the back of the crow's head with an affection that was mostly utilized on dogs. She liked the little bird, even if she'd have to find a place to stash the little guy before they left. Unless he was hurt. Then she'd have to find an..Other Ashdown vet or something first.

"Well, I definitely don't think if there's more of those it'd be something to tackle alone," which was code for 'I'm still gonna try and punch it in the faces tho' based on her tone of voice.

azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:01 pm
"Something along that line, I believe. Bits and pieces of everything that once was. It lashed out only at things that were changed. The more it had changed from my old world to this one ..." Jeremiah shook his head, not at all liking the idea that the magic had left things behind like that.

Was it proof their new Sigil had been rushed? Or perhaps the magic was leaking too much and no one had realized it?

His attention flicked to Lloyd in her arms, a hand pressed to Hellbine (who was pressed against his neck as if he could warm the man). "I assume he was like that before. Corvids are one of the animals that seem naturally attuned with this place." Cats were the other. He snorted at Cass's tone.

"They aren't, not as it was. Perhaps one or two on your own is doable but that was something else altogether. It even possessed him to give it a more solid form." Now that he thought about it, perhaps it had never been a roar but instead a shriek of a bird in the only way the glitches could mimic.

demon_pachabel

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces