Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Side RP Board
MM0 - Psychic-in-Training Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:22 am
I couldn't help but feel nervous. We needed practice, yes, but... the egg? It could shatter if we somehow put too much pressure on it. Still, it WAS part of the training.

I looked to Rala, who smiled at me. She seemed a lot more confident than I was. Nodding, I faced the egg and closed my eyes. The... experience of feeling other people's emotions wasn't as primitive as it was before. It was almost like sensing their presence - like I could see them without looking at them. But instead of seeing their faces, I saw their emotions? It was kind of an abstract sensation. Tate didn't seem near as frustrated now, almost relieved. Liza had that same kind of relief about her, but-

I was losing focus. This exercise wasn't for sensing everyone around us, we were meant to focus on the egg specifically, so we did just that. It was a little difficult at first, as the emotions inside the egg were hard to locate. This was an entity that hadn't yet experienced the outside world, with all the good and bad it held. What emotions could an unborn child feel? Nevertheless, without amplifying the power that went into sensing emotions for fear of breaking anything, we eventually did sense... something.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:13 pm
Terashi's efforts would reward him with a small thought that seemed to carry a signature almost like Rala's. While it wasn't any distinct sounding thing, it conveyed the feeling of warmth and wanting out. Maybe if he pressed further he might be rewarded with an actual thought compared to simple feelings.  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:16 am
That sensation... that didn't come from Rala did it? No,it felt different to Rala, as well. Why would Rala want out? Out of what? She wasn't in her ball, right now. No, this came from something else. I pressed a little harder, but not at the egg, looking around me instead. But the only Pokemon I could sense were the Solrock and Lunatone belonging to Tate and Liza. And the Pokemon inside the egg. ..wait, I'm an idiot. Of course feelings of warmth and wanting out would come from there.

Feeling Rala's patient smile on my face, I renewed my focus. Hello there, I thought. i don't know why, though. I knew I could sense emotions, but thoughts, too? I rather doubted it. Instead, I just focused on the egg a little bit more, trying to get a handle on what might be in there.

Reno Vantas

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:01 am
The mind wouldn't give any real cogent answer to Ter's probing question, instead simply giving a feeling of welcoming warm and cheer towards the mind in contact with it. Well, that was certainly...something, at least. Maybe a little vague but not the worst it could have been.  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:52 am
I couldn't help but smile at the egg, enjoying its happy mindset. It was as if it was happy to finally hear someone's voice or thoughts other than its own. True, the sensation was weak, but I imagined it was because the little guy was newly formed. It would take some time before it was strong enough to hatch, by my estimate. I've been wrong before, though. Still, this creature's mind... it felt very similar to Rala's. More specifically, it felt like Rala did back when she was still...

"I'm pretty sure there's a Ralts in this egg," I said. I didn't intend to say to the twins directly, though I was loud enough for them to hear, anyway. Rala smiled at me and nodded, agreeing with me.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:32 am
Liza and Tate would both simply nod in response to Ter's declaration, making it clear that the psychic was most certainly on the right path. "Now then..." "You have until tomorrow evening...." "To build a bond...." "And be ready to battle us." The pair told Terashi, proud smiles on their faces at the progress that had been shown by the prospective channeler.  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:40 am
"Well, if I remember correctly, Pokemon eggs have the best chance of hatching if you take them with you when you're walking about, and taking part in battles," I recited, half-remembering something I heard at the Academy. Standing up, I put the Ralts egg safely into my duffel bag and look at Rala. "Guess that means we gotta go on an adventure."

Rala smiles happily at me and we start heading off toward Mossdeep. "See you tomorrow, then," I tell the twins.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:08 pm
Tate and Liza would wave at the trainer and his channeling partner as they left on their own adventure, waiting until they saw them leave sight before the twins collapsed into each other with a disgruntled sigh. "I can't believe we got him to actually do it." Liza told her brother. "I know, the guy may be book smart but he has the common sense of a rock." Tate added, shaking his head as he continued to stare towards where Terashi had been a minute ago.  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:02 pm
Rala and I spent most of the first day wandering around town, experiencing the local science museum, battling trainers in the beach, and exploring Shoal Cave. By the time we made it back to Mossdeep City, I was ready to call it a night.

I'd scheduled lodging at the local Pokemon Center prior to visitng the Gym when I first arrived, in case things went sour. Thankfully, that wasn't exactly the case, though given what ended up happening, I couldn't exactly sleep in the gym as planned. So in the end, taking that precaution worked out.

Once in the room I was assigned, I sat my duffle bag on the nightstand, making sure the Ralts egg inside was fine once I did that, and laid down on the only bed in the room..

Hey, big guy, I heard in my head just as I'd started drifting off. You out there?

Part of me wanted to assume this was the Ralts in the egg, but I couldn't be sure. Who's asking? I thought.

"Uh, you've been carrying me around all day," the voice insisted. I calmed down and sat up, looking at the egg.

Right, wanted to be sure the voice I was hearing was you, I admitted mentally, making sure to think at it and not speak so as not to disturb any of the others sleeping in the Pokemon Center's lodging.

Don't know who else it could be, it retorted. I could almost feel it shrugging. So, you've had some kind of mission in your head since we met. What's the deal?

I'm training to be a Channeler, I admitted wihtout thinking about what I was... well, thinking, really.

Yeah, I don't know what that is, the Ralts retorted, mentally huffing.

Don't worry about it right now, I thought, physically facepalming. Bottom line is, I've got to get you combat ready and hatched by tomorrow evening. And by hatched, I mean you'll need to hatch in front of the people whose Pokemon you'll be battling.

No pressure, huh? the Ralts sneered mentally.

Tell me about it, I groaned. I only have a vague idea on how to teach you to learn to use your energy, and I have to hope you perform satisfactorily, and not by my standards, either.

Or just have faith in him, Rala said from within her ball. I do.

...is that the Gardevoir I felt earlier? the Ralts spoke up, recognizing Rala's energy.

Yeah, that's Rala, my only fully-evolved Pokemon so far, I confessed.

If you've got someone as strong as that, why do you need me? he asked, catching me off-guard.

...because you're the biggest part of the mission I'm currently on, I told him. And I'll need plenty of Psychic-types when I actually do become a Channeler, I added after some telepathic nudging from Rala. Besides, if how early you and I have formed a bond is any indication, you'll be stronger than her by the time you fully evolve.

I could feel Rala sticking her tongue out at me from within her Pokeball, but I wasn't wrong. Anyway, try to get some sleep for now, I thought to both of them, though Ralts was the one I was focusing on after that. You've got a big day ahead of you.

Yeah, I'll try, he scoffed. I couldn't blame him, he was being asked for much more than pretty much any other unhatched Pokemon, and if he failed, I failed. He didn't want the first human he knew to be disappointed in him.

~*~

So, are we getting started, or what? I heard in my head, the Ralts in the egg jarring me awake with his mind.

I sat up groggily and checked my SNAG. Well, crap, I overslept a bit. I pulled off the covers and sat up. Seeing as I was in a Pokemon Center far away from where I kept my wardrobe, I slept in my clothes, so I was ready to go right away that day. Well, mostly.

After getting some breakfast, I brought Ralts's egg to the beach, and sat him down in the sand, letting Rala out of her ball after the fact.

"Alright," I said aloud, starting to feel a weight on my shoulders. "Before you can use your energy, you have to know what it feels like, so you can draw it out of yourself. Rala, use Confusion, but focus the energy in your hands, and hold it up to the egg. Just make sure it doesn't touch it, or we'll have an injured fetus on our hands."

Yeah, let's not do that, the Ralts nodded. Don't even have enough strength to get out of here, let alone heal myself.

Rala complied, holding up a ball of Psychic-type energy about half the size of the egg (which was small for her) and bringing it close to Ralts's egg. "Close your eyes and focus on the energy around you. See if you can find the energy I'm holding up to you," Rala said telepathically to the Ralts.

Alright, you don't have to shout, the Ralts retorted, reminding Rala of how strong her telepathy could be due to her skill in it. Fortunately, it wasn't long before he gave up. Okay, if you are holding something up to me, it doesn't feel any different than you do, he admitted, sounding frustrated.

"Here," I said to Rala, holding my arms up to the Confusion ball. "You'll still have to focus on it, but I can move it around so Ralts can feel it better."

Ugh, Ralts reacted immediately. It feels like you ripped a piece of her off and are running around with it. I mean, I know you're just holding her energy, but yeesh.

I shrugged, letting go of Rala's ball of Confusion. "Alright, I think we need to focus on your ability to sense emotion," I said, noting how the Confusion training wasn't working. "If we can help you separate energy from emotion, you'll be able to tell the difference between Rala and her energy."

Fine by me. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing you in a new light. I don't know what energy you've got rooting around in your head, but it's freaking me out!

I rubbed the back of my neck, realizing he's talking about the bubbile of Ghost-type energy in my head. "Y-yeah, try to ignore that if you can," I shrugged. I let my arm fall down to my side, but a pair of arms wrapped around me, preventing it from hanging straight. When I turned to face my hugger, I was pleasantly surprised. "Hey, Keiko."

"Hey, Terashi," Keiko giggled. "Whatcha doin'?"

"Well, I've got to help this Ralts learn how to fight by tonight," I explained, forgetting Keiko's usual attitude toward freshly-hatched Pokemon. Once I did, I handed her the briefing Sub gave me.

"Oh," was all she said when she read it. "Has it hatched yet?"

"Nope," I said bluntly. "I'm supposed to help Ralts train he's still in the egg."

"That doesn't seem very fair to Ralts!" Keiko huffed, picking up the egg. After a moment, it glowed in warmth, and she happily hugged it in return, feeling as though the egg was trying to hug her.

"Is that was emotions feel like? Jeez," Ralts spoke up, and I had to suppress a smirk. Yeah, Keiko can be very emotional sometimes, I thought, not wanting to offend Keiko by saying that aloud.

"I feel bad for her," Ralts said, which surprised me. When I saw Rala nodding, with a sad smile on her face, I decided to investigate, focusing my mind on Keiko.

...oh, boy. I knew she had a heart of gold, but I had no idea how badly scarred it was. Emotionally speaking, that is. Yeah, she'd been through a lot, and had some serious insecurities, but... feeling her feelings... I'm not sure how to describe it.

After feeling that, I couldn't help but hug her, too, which made her smile. She wasn't aware of my mental prodding, which was good, considering how she felt about me reading her mind through Rala. "We'd better get to work on training this little guy, huh?" Keiko asked, which got me to let go of her. I had to admit, I was surprised that she was okay with me doing this, but I had the feeling she didn't want to get in my way.

I set Ralts's egg down and Keiko, Rala, and I sat down in a circle around him. Then, Rala used Confusion again, moving the ball of energy close to the egg without moving her body. Okay, I can see what you mean, now. It still feels like she took a part of herself and moved it close to me, but I can tell the difference between her and the part of her next to me.

"That's because she used her energy to do it," I explained. "Energy she took from her body. That's how using moves works. You take the energy your body generates and use it to attack. Though not all moves are used to attack enemies. For instance, you can use Normal-type energy to growl at a Pokemon, and the energy in that growl will lower their physical strength. Growling without energy won't accomplish anything, though."

"Except possibliy intimidating your enemy," Keiko added, and I nodded in agreement to that.

"Try to take some of your energy, choose a space outside of your egg, and pour your energy there. Try making a ball of energy outside your egg," I told him, trying to help him use Confusion.

Alright, Ralts thought. There was a bit of radio silence on his end, and at some point, Keiko sat beside me and rested her head on my shoulder, to which I wrapped my arm around her waist. Not long after that, Psychic-type energy started manifesting close to Ralts's egg. I could feel him straining, and that's how I knew he was succeeding in his efforts.

"Oh, wow!" Keiko cheered, watching the ball grow to a fourth of the egg's size before colapsing unto itself.

Sorry, that's all I can do for now. It takes some serious effort to do this, Ralts apologized.

"Don't worry about it, you did good," I said, turning to Rala and nodding. She created a heart-shaped orb of Fairy-type energy via Charm and let the heart wander toward Ralts, stopping a few inches from his egg.

...huh? What's that? Ralts asked, his attention enraptured by the new sensation. It still feels like Rala, but... it's different somehow.

"That's because she's using Fairy-type energy," I explained. "You and Rala are dual-type Pokemon. Specifically, Psychic and Fairy. The energy you used before was Psychic-type energy. What you're sensing now is Rala's Fairy-type energy."

So, you're saying that this is a type of energy I can use, too? Ralts asked. I could feel the excitement he was starting to feel.

"We won't know until you try," I teased, insinuating that he should continue trying to use energy.

For some reason, it didn't take him as long to generate a heart-shaped orb of Fairy-type energy. Possibly because the move wasn't used to attack, or that it didn't have two effects, like Confusion did. Nevertheless, the size of this orb was about the same as the last one, but it did last a little bit longer before Ralts gave in. I nodded again, and Rala began using Double Team, surrounding Ralts with energy copies.

Wait, what happened? he asked, feeling a bit bewildered. Why are there so many Ralas?

"She used Double Team," I explained. "It's a move that lets you make energy copies of yourself, so that whoever your fighting has a hard time determining which Ralts to aim their attack at. It feels different than before because it uses Normal-type energy, which all Pokemon have access to."

Ralts didn't say anything to that, choosing instead to focus. Before long, an exact replica of Ralts's egg appeared beside his real egg.

"Looks like you're getting the hang of things," I said, feeling proud of him.

Keiko started tugging on my shirt, causing me to turn to her. "Ralts is working really hard, but should we be pushing him so much?" she asked. Yup, saw this coming.

"Normally, I'd agree with you," I told her, the look on my face signalling that there was a 'but' coming up. "But Ralts has to be ready to fight Pokemon raised by Gym Leaders by the time he hatches. So he needs all the practice he can get."

"Okay," Keiko sighed, which I responded to by hugging her. I knew how she felt about pushing baby Pokemon like this, but I could feel how much she wanted to support me on this, as well.

Then I realized what I was doing and made myself stop. If Keiko wanted me to know how she felt, she would let me know. I shouldn't have to use my innate ability on her.

~*~

The four of us stayed out on the beach until the sun started to set, helping Ralts practice his moves. I tried to focus on Double Edge, because I knew I'd have to keep him from harm as much as possible if he was to succeed, but we put a lot of effort into his other moves, too. Charm was a gateway to teaching him Disarming Voice, but we didn't have him use that move specifically for fear that it would shatter his egg before he was ready to hatch. Otherwise, he was just about ready.

Alright, I'm seriously starting to feel cramped in this thing, Ralts said. Shortly afterward, a crack started forming in his egg. I grabbed on to it and started running toward the gym, having Rala Teleport there to let Liza and Tate know that we're ready to fight.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:37 am
Terashi would dash in just as the twins were standing there, waiting in anticipation for his arrival. "Well then..." "You did it." The two Gym Leaders told their ward, slight smiles on their faces as Liza turned to her Lunatone and Tate to his Solrock. "All thats left..." "Is to battle!" They announced, both spinning on their heels to point at Terashi. Giving the pose a moment to sink in, Liza would step forward to the battlefield. Her Lunatone followed close behind, a look of determination crossing its stony face as it did so. They both remained still, waiting for their opponent to make the first move in this scenario.  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:46 am
"Alright, buddy, your time to shine," I told Ralts, setting his egg down on the floor in front of us.

"Okay, I think I got it," he said telepathically, seconds before he broke out of his shell and climbed out onto the floor. "Ah, jeez, these are the guys I hafta fight? They feel really strong."

"This is what we worked for, Ralts. There's no backing down, now. Litter the field with Double Team. Have them guessing where your hiding," I told him, feeling my Trainer's blood burning already.

Ralts complied, making several energy copies of himself and spreading them out around the gym's battle arena. As he was newly born, I wanted to avoid as much damage to him as possible, even though I knew he was battle ready.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:15 pm
Liza would look at the Double Team for a moment, attempting to discern where the Ralts was in this mass of moving bodies. After a moment, she pointed towards one of the images of Ralts and shouted, "Lunatone, Psybeam!" The floating rock would hesitate for a moment as it looked towards its Trainer before complying, unleashing a pulsating beam of pink energy that slammed into the ground of the battlefield and made the earth erupt a few images to the left of the actual Ralts.  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:53 pm
I smirked when the dust settled from Lunatone's attack. Rala taught Ralts to mask his energy signature by covering himself in Normal-type energy, to make him seem like one of his Double Team copies. I was worried that Liza and Tate would see right through it, and from the looks of things, they were in the ballpark. But for the time being, that little strategy worked.

What I would ask Ralts to do next would be tricky, as I didn't have him practice this move due to the fear of it shattering his shell before he could hatch. But he was made aware of the theory behind the practice. "Alright, try using Disarming Voice," I told him.

Ralts began singing, imbuing his vocal chords with Fairy-type energy so that when he sang, he'd emit Fairy-type energy that would extend out in a cone toward Liza's Lunatone. I couldn't know how much damage it would do until after the fact, since this was Ralts' first time using the move, but it had to be better than using Confusion, which wouldn't be very effective against Lunatone.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:43 pm
The burst of noise and calming sound from the Ralts would rattle the Lunatone, sending it floating back in recoil from the surprising power of the move. Slowly floating back into a rest position, Liza and the Lunatone would share a look before a small glow encapsulated the Meteorite Pokemon that slowly built up. "Future Sight. Let's show him what a little foresight can give you." Liza declared, turning to face Terashi with a stern expression. "Now then, this is me trying. You got the warning shot, but now you have a deadline. Take out my Lunatone before that happens and I think we can call that a positive result. Fail and you'll see the consequences."  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:57 pm
"Be careful!" I heard Keiko shout, who was watching the fight while standing to the side of the battlefield. Part of me felt like I should have known that Psybeam was a warning shot, but I wanted to believe she was taking me as seriously as I was taking her, so I let myself think she merely missed. Still, it doesn't take very long at all for Future Sight to deal damage. How much did she think a freshly-

...no. Now's not the time for excuses. "Good thing I gave you time to learn from Sauron. Magical Leaf, Ralts," I said sternly, feeling a bit pressured. Complaining wouldn't get me anywhere. All I could do in a situation was do my best and hope for the same.

Before long, Ralts had an arsenal of Grass-type energy leaves floating around him. With one swipe of the hand, the leaves were launched at Lunatone, spread out somewhat so that Lunatone would have a harder time of dodging by conventional means.  
Side RP Board

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff