Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Orb Union-A Gundam Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild Dedicated to all series of Gundam! 

Tags: Gundam, Orb Union, Roleplaying, News, And More 

Reply Roleplay Forum
Gundam SEED Broken Destinies: OOC Chatter Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

x-Your-Impulse
Crew

Clean Seeker

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 11:35 pm
Toshiro Yuki
While the sudden interest is interesting, I'm not in the proper mindset to GM an RP right now. Also, no one even bothered to send in a bio even with all the discussion.

I might be able to play in one, maybe, but GMing is beyond me for now. I'm sorry.

Lets get a team put together on this. wahmbulance

* Contact the personal office!*  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 4:17 pm
Toshiro Yuki

I myself am pretty hard worked outside of Gaia but I would be willing to try and lend a hand to take some of the burden. What would be the big things needed doing?

To be honest the idea of trying to step into these shoes is a bit daunting and makes me consider finding a ROM of Gihrin’s Greed and similar to somewhat brush up on things.

Core of it is I want to help.

I lost the other group after a severe falling out and apparently it fell apart when I left. I can command multiple mobile suits at once if that’s the big thing and grand strategy isn’t too difficult but I admittedly struggle with character voice sometimes so I would need help filling non-combat roles.  

VearGreyloc

Winter76
Crew

Popular Informer

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 7:25 pm
VearGreyloc
Toshiro Yuki

I myself am pretty hard worked outside of Gaia but I would be willing to try and lend a hand to take some of the burden. What would be the big things needed doing?

To be honest the idea of trying to step into these shoes is a bit daunting and makes me consider finding a ROM of Gihrin’s Greed and similar to somewhat brush up on things.

I lost the other group after a severe falling out and apparently it fell apart when I left. I can command multiple mobile suits at once if that’s the big thing and grand strategy isn’t too difficult but I admittedly struggle with character voice sometimes so I would need help filling non-combat roles.

OOOhhh Gihrin's Greed sounds like a good Idea to start with.  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 7:35 pm
VearGreyloc
Toshiro Yuki

I wanna help plan an Rp too.I have a stronger laptop to back it up.  

Duhh Its AJ
Vice Captain

Wealthy Capitalist

x-Your-Impulse rolled 12 10-sided dice: 4, 9, 9, 6, 2, 4, 2, 10, 8, 6, 7, 3 Total: 70 (12-120)

x-Your-Impulse
Crew

Clean Seeker

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 8:09 pm
VearGreyloc
Toshiro Yuki

What about a Gundam Seed Destiny era Rp?  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 8:10 pm
VearGreyloc
Toshiro Yuki

What do you mean Character Voice?  

iHollisterKay
Vice Captain

Fashionable Businesswoman

VearGreyloc

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 6:19 am
Winter76

For the sake of getting into the feeling of essentially playing a grand strategy game for sake of narrative something like Ghirin’s Greed would be a good start for figuring out how to think for it but due to popularity I would keep to the SEED timeline which is most popular here.

Duhh Its AJ

I recently gad my computer damaged in a move so I would in fact need that kind of support because runnin an RP off of my phone would be particularly difficult.

x-Your-Impulse

I will admit that it has been a long time since I have finished anything related to SEED and I might not have ever finished Destiny even though I own the first half of it as a box set. I would sit through it to do it right but I will not deny my own personal preference is for the UC even though SEED got me back to the series after the drought of the mid 90’s. I don’t hate on SEED as much as I used to but I will admit I haven’t seen something as visually memorable as the Kampfer or some of the GM variants like the Custom.

iHollisterKay

That is an excellent question that I am happy to answer! Character voice is essentially how a character expresses themself outwardly and inwardly. Basically how a character thinks, behaves, and their personality. It is essentially what a character says, thinks and does coming together to express who they are as a person.

It is the differences that make Andrew Waltfield different from Ramba Ral even though in their stories they exist in similar roles.

That is the ‘son of an english major’ explanation but I am sure you could find it said better.  
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 3:35 pm
VearGreyloc
Winter76

For the sake of getting into the feeling of essentially playing a grand strategy game for sake of narrative something like Ghirin’s Greed would be a good start for figuring out how to think for it but due to popularity I would keep to the SEED timeline which is most popular here.

Duhh Its AJ

I recently gad my computer damaged in a move so I would in fact need that kind of support because runnin an RP off of my phone would be particularly difficult.

x-Your-Impulse

I will admit that it has been a long time since I have finished anything related to SEED and I might not have ever finished Destiny even though I own the first half of it as a box set. I would sit through it to do it right but I will not deny my own personal preference is for the UC even though SEED got me back to the series after the drought of the mid 90’s. I don’t hate on SEED as much as I used to but I will admit I haven’t seen something as visually memorable as the Kampfer or some of the GM variants like the Custom.

iHollisterKay

That is an excellent question that I am happy to answer! Character voice is essentially how a character expresses themself outwardly and inwardly. Basically how a character thinks, behaves, and their personality. It is essentially what a character says, thinks and does coming together to express who they are as a person.

It is the differences that make Andrew Waltfield different from Ramba Ral even though in their stories they exist in similar roles.

That is the ‘son of an english major’ explanation but I am sure you could find it said better.

Noice! I will happily lend a hand. I think majority of us wanted this Gundam Seed Destiny Era rp to launch.  

Duhh Its AJ
Vice Captain

Wealthy Capitalist

Winter76
Crew

Popular Informer

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 3:38 pm
VearGreyloc
Winter76

Indeed! This guild is primarily Gundam SEED. Though in the past I remember there being a UC era roleplay.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 3:49 pm
VearGreyloc
Toshiro Yuki

Honestly this is the only actve Gundam guild left. I used to be part of the never ending tomorrow one but its dead now. crying  

ii-Rezzy-ii
Crew

Dapper Friend

iHollisterKay
Vice Captain

Fashionable Businesswoman

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 4:02 pm
iHollisterKay

Thank you for the great explanation! 3nodding  
Saviour43 rolled 2 6-sided dice: 1, 6 Total: 7 (2-12)
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 4:09 pm
VearGreyloc
Toshiro Yuki

I really want to watch Gihrin's Greed, Never got around to it. cry  

Saviour43
Crew

Trader

Lacus Clyne San
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 4:14 pm
VearGreyloc
Toshiro Yuki

Appreciate your help friend! We must keep this guild active. We lost contact with our friends at the CagalixAthrun guild recently.  
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 4:33 pm
VearGreyloc
Toshiro Yuki

I'm only good at supporting characters. sweatdrop

Definitely want to see this guild launch a Rp soon!  

Mikuru Asahina San

VearGreyloc

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 7:20 pm
Winter76

The UC is more my home turf, on account of being aware of more of it and things feeling slightly less anime if that makes any sense. I don’t know, thank 08th MS Team for being my real introduction to Gundam. Could probably do SEED Destiny but I have heard things about it and how the later portions of it are kind of... not good in some people’s opinion. I don’t know about the design hate because some of it is just a product of that early 2000s like how half the suits in OO are remarkably skinny like the Flag for example.

ii-Rezzy-ii

I actually used to run a Gundam guild myself but it kind of died in development. It was supposed to focus on this hairbrained idea of combining most of the timelines into one based on the UC with some technological fudging to make everything work. No IBO or AGE though because this must have been 2012. Not much of a shame though because I don’t think my friends could ever get into those serious or that was just me.

Duhh Its AJ

Thank you, that would be really appreciated. I am trying to save up for a laptop suitable for my purposes, which mainly means being able to run the 2018 Battletech. Not easy when you are only working 20 hours a week because of current events.

iHollisterKay

Hey, that’s what I do. I am all about the free sharing of knowledge when I can be. Keeps things interesting.

Saviour43

So bad news and good news for ya buddy. You can’t really watch it because it’s a game. Good news is that it’s considered abandonware so with a little searching you should be able to find a ROM and a translation patch if there is one. Beware though, it’s apparently quite hard and I don’t think it’s particularly easy unless you know a lot about the One Year War MSVs.

Lacus Clyne San

Helping is what I do given enough time, though I might be bad at the whole ‘ideas’ thing sometimes so... I might be fresh out.

[quote="Mikuru Asahina San]
Sometimes support characters are exactly what’s needed. Not everyone needs to be a mobile suit pilot and so on. There’s bound to be plenty of fun for just a communications officer or something.

Also, please could y’all stop carrying everything I have said over to each reply and just use the quote thing like I have? It makes finding a place to copy it myself a little bit easier. Thanks in advance.

PS-
Don’t ask me what happened with that last one. Never seen that before.  
Roleplay Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff