Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Wii Center
Nintendo Revolution *updated*---Come See the new Controllers Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nintendofanboy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:20 am
Edymion
Well. We know it'll go online, and I'm saying a hard-drive in the unit is extremely plausible, no matter how much I dislike that. They could easily put a 40Gb HD in it (ala Apple iPod).
ipod=500 dollar prce tag. a 3 or 4 gig hard drive i can see. do we really need more?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:10 pm
Apple also way overcharges for the iPod wink The hard-drive, by itself, is only about $20 (that's a 40Gb). The LCD screen is about $80. In otherwords, it costs more to see what you're doing than to hold what you want.

Kappa xp Please refrain from "yelling" at fellow members. 1969 is crew, so you should keep that in mind wink She has the right to speak her mind, just as you. She's not wrong; she's not right. She doesn't like the look, at this moment at least. She was expressing her opinion. I'd like it if you could find a better way to express yours.

Thank you biggrin

You do have a point, though razz  

Edymion
Captain

Smithium

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:33 pm
Edymion
Apple also way overcharges for the iPod wink The hard-drive, by itself, is only about $20 (that's a 40Gb). The LCD screen is about $80. In otherwords, it costs more to see what you're doing than to hold what you want.

Kappa xp Please refrain from "yelling" at fellow members. 1969 is crew, so you should keep that in mind wink She has the right to speak her mind, just as you. She's not wrong; she's not right. She doesn't like the look, at this moment at least. She was expressing her opinion. I'd like it if you could find a better way to express yours.

Thank you biggrin

-I didn't mean to seem like I was yelling at 1969. I am sorry if it came off that way. I was post styling it as yelling mostly because of what I was saying about the Legend of Zelda b'couse I am SUPER EXCITED about it.
I was also not trying to say she was wrong for thinking the way she does. A healthy sceptisism I actually think is very necessary! Again, I appologize if I offended anyone. Just...so...EXCITED!!! xd

-So at most, the ipod should be priced at around $100? My-oh-my. I think I just changed my mind about trying to save up for one wink  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:49 pm
KappaKaeru
Edymion

Thank you biggrin

-I didn't mean to seem like I was yelling at 1969. I am sorry if it came off that way. I was post styling it as yelling mostly because of what I was saying about the Legend of Zelda b'couse I am SUPER EXCITED about it.
I was also not trying to say she was wrong for thinking the way she does. A healthy sceptisism I actually think is very necessary! Again, I appologize if I offended anyone. Just...so...EXCITED!!! xd

-So at most, the ipod should be priced at around $100? My-oh-my. I think I just changed my mind about trying to save up for one wink

You do have a point, yes, and It didn't really seem as though you were yelling, I don't think. ninja But, as for me, my favorite system, even with all the new stuff that has come out since then, is the NES. I own a DS, N64, and GameCube, but still my favorite system is the NES. So, that might give you an idea of why I don't like the controller. I don't even like the GameCube controller, it's too... PSish... sweatdrop

And that's crazy about the iPOD.... lol. I never really wanted one anyways, it's to much work to put all the songs from CD's onto the computer and then onto that, it's easier to just listen to one CD... sweatdrop  

RAB1D RABB1T

Aged Noob

9,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400

nintendofanboy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:11 pm
peoples, you better not be dissin on my ipod. a 40 gig hard drive may not be worth that much, but they have to make it much smaller. then you factor in customer support, software programing and support and the fact that if they have to make some money it's really not that bad. and seeing that it's very easy to put your whole music collection on in a matter of hours i should hardly say it's alot of work. anyway everyone should have itunes. i mean, it's a free download from the site so the only excuse for not having it is a crappy computer.

but i digress. a hard drive of a few gigs would be a nice touch. i'm really more interested in price though.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:36 pm
iTunes is $1 per song wink I know because I sell iTune cards at Radio Shack xd I've also been to the website. Napster is the cheapest at $15/month for unlimited downloads.

I'm not making fun of the iPod. Apple pays about $20 to make the hard-drive. The LCD screen is the most expensive component. All together, the cost to produce a single standard-sized iPod (20 - 80Gb) is about $120 - $160. They make approximately 100 - 350% profit selling a single iPod (Shuffle, Nano, Mini, or Standard). Apple makes most their money off the sales of iPods. They just can't sell the Macintosh too well. When they partner with IBM (or was it Intel?), that might be a different story.

Back on Topic xp

ninja Yeah... She didn't see it as yelling xd I did because, maybe, I misread how you wrote it wink I wasn't mad at you or warning you or anything. Oh well. No harm done, eh?

Actually, Sony stole the N64 control design because, guess what, the PS was designed to be a peripheral to the N64. In fact, Sony was sued (and is appealing said lawsuit) by Nintendo for stealing the rumble pack. The NGC controller is designed off a bit of combination of parts from the N64.

Who knows? You might end up absolutely loving the new controller wink once you use it, anyway.  

Edymion
Captain

Smithium

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:17 pm
@ Edymion -I didn't know Sony was sued because of the rumble pack thing! I also had no clue that SONY and NINTENDO were originally in kahoots! That twists my childhood reality! And slightly justifies it (I was a PS hater. Note 'WAS')

@ 69 -I totally know what you mean. My favorite system still is, and may always be The SNES. There are just too many awesome games. I'll never forget how awesome I thought the grafics were playing Toy Story or the first time whee  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:58 pm
It's forgotten history, literally. IGN even caused many people to believe that the PS actually came out before the N64 to justify it's lower-end graphics xd I always find it funny when I show people the actual release dates of the consoles.  

Edymion
Captain

nintendofanboy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:27 am
hehe. if the oldies are your favorites than the revo is really your best bet. after all, on it's side the controller is aa NES controller.

why do other people seem to hate the NES controller so much? i mean, it's the best controller up until the cube. i HATE the PS controllers, the XBOX controller is bigger than my house and the N64 controller...yeah.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:37 am
What's up with those controllers? And the CONSOLE too! Nintendo Power once made a joke about how the Cube is small and portable, but with the Xbox you'd need a forklift and a parking permit.  

Smithium

Edymion
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:03 pm
razz Microsoft wanted to advertise to an "adult" audience. Nintendo wanted to advertise to everybody and their grandmother.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:27 pm
it's really very odd. with other systems things were genneraly getting consistently smaller by generation. but then microsoft makes these consoles that are the size of 2 NES consoles. Why don't they realise that about 15 or so years ago people realised that smaller is better. trust some stupid american to do this. quite frankly, Hardware should just stay japanese.  

nintendofanboy

nintendofanboy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:42 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:41 pm

Edymion
Captain

Smithium

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:32 pm
Wii Center