Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

jewangel

4,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:39 pm
my favorite quote is form book 1 when dumbledore says ''to a well orgainized mind death is but the next great adventure'' or something like that  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:45 pm
ashlyn62442
My favourite quote would be this one from POA Movie:
Professor Snape: *taps the blank Marauder's Map with his wand* " Reveal your secrets"
*writing appears on the map*
Professor Snape:" Read it".
Harry: "Messrs. Mooney, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs, offer their compliments to Professor Snape and..."
Professor Snape: "Go on".
Harry: "... and request that he keep his abnormally large nose out of other people's business."
rofl There was a funny one from HBP between Harry and Snape... But i forgot it confused confused

i also love that quote  

jewangel

4,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200

MoonyxTonks

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:29 am
I like it in the fifth book when Phineas Nigellus was talking to the minister after DD escaped and he was like," I disagree with with Dumbledore on many counts, Minister, but you cannot deny he's got style." I thought that was really funny.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:07 pm
hiphopmewmint
the whole book!! well, i have individual quotes that i like, but can't think of any right now!! xd

RedRose07
i have too many favorites, its too hard for me to pick just one

exactly! blaugh heart but...
here's one that i'll mention from OotP (kinda long but whatever):

Midnight came and went while Harry was reading and rereading a passage about the uses of scurvy-grass, lovage, and sneezewort and not taking in a word of it...
These plantes are moste efficacious in the inflaming of the braine, and are therefore much used in Confusing and Befuddlement Draughts, where the wizard is desirous of producing hot-headedness and recklessness...
...Hermione said Sirius was becoming reckless cooped up in Grimmauld Place....
...moste efficacious in the inflaming of the braine, and are therefore much used...
...the Daily Prophet would think his brain was inflamed if they found out that he knew what Voldemort was feeling...
...therefore much used in Confusing and Befuddlement Draughts...
...confusing was the word, all right; why did he know what Voldemort was feeling? What was this weird connection between them, which Dumbledore had never been able to explain satisfactorily?
...where the wizard is desirous...
...how he would like to sleep....

it's not the funniest but whatever...

Harry Potter just has too many funny and memorable quotes...  

camouflage_girl

camouflage_girl

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:11 pm
Without warning, the scar on his forehead seared with pain again and his stomach churned horribly.
"Cut it out," he said firmly, rubbing the scar as the pain receded again.
"First sign of madness, talking to your own head," said a sly voice from the empty picture on the wall.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:16 pm
Moody (I've cut the rest of what he said out; it's too long...): "We don't break ranks for anything, got me? If one of us is killed ---"
"Is that likely?" Harry asked apprehensively, but Moody ignored him.
"--- the others keep flying, don't stop, don't break ranks. If they take out all of us and you survive, Harry, the rear guard are standing by to take over; keep flying east and they'll join you."
"Stop being so cheerful, Mad-Eye, he'll think we're not taking this seriously," said Tonks, as she strapped Harry's trunk and Hedwig's cage into a harness hanging from her broom.  

camouflage_girl

rikaLeshay

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:11 am
don't worry you're just as sane as i am~luna

just because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all have~hermione

what are fred and i next door neighbors?~george

i can't remember it all before but it was something like:maybe he's(kreacher) crawled into ___ and died.but i musn't get my hopes up~sirius

(Harry, just being greeted by Percy) "Harry!" said Fred, elbowing Percy out of the way and bowing deeply. "Simply splendid to see you, old boy–" "Marvelous," said George, pushing Fred aside and seizing Harry's hand in turn. "Absolutely spiffing." Percy scowled. "That's enough, now," said Mrs. Weasley. "Mum!" said Fred as though he'd only just spotted her and seized her hand too. "How really corking to see you-"

"I want to fix that in my memory forever," said Ron, his closed and an uplifted expression on his face. "Draco Malfoy, the amazing bouncing ferret..."

and this one: turn to page 394~snape from the movie i don't remember if it's in the book( i keep waiting for one of my teachers to say that BUT THEY NEVER DO!!!!! emo )

and there's probably a lot more.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:51 pm
I'm going to have to read the books again soon...I've loved reading these quotes. I agree with all of them, but two of my favs...

From The Philosophers Stone, when Harry meets Ron for the first time

"Are all your family wizards?" asked Harry, "Yes, I think so" said Ron "I think Mum's got a second cousin who's an accountant, but we never talk about him"

The first time I read that book I laughed so much at that line...I was bitterly disappointed it wasn't in the movie.

But my other favourite...from Prisoner of Azkaban

when Sirius and Remus confront Peter, and Wormtail says "You don't understand, he would have killed me Sirius" and Sirius roars "THEN YOU SHOULD HAVE DIED! DIED RATHER THAN BETRAY YOUR FRIENDS, AS WE WOULD HAVE DONE FOR YOU!"

I love that moment.  

Spoilt_lil_missy

SilentNinjaFox

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:58 am
The best is from book 6
*during defense against the dark arts class when Harry argues with Snape and once again does not address as sir
Snape: Yes, sir.
Harry: You don't have to call me sir professor.

That was just amazing! ^.^  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 5:59 am
Draco Malfoy to Harry before triwizard tournament in a tree.

"me and my father have a bet you see, i bet you won't last 10 minutes in this tournament.

he bets you won't last five!" he he heart  

ladydiamond

Freddyphone

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:59 pm
Haha! Those are great! I don't know what book this is from, probably the 5th or 6th but it's Ron and he says:

"... from now on, I don't care if my tea leaves spell 'die, Ron, die,' I'm chucking them in the bin where they belong."  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 2:29 pm
That one day we will have to choose between what is right, and what is easy.

Remus_Lupin3

Kittykatt217

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:50 pm
One of my fave quotes (or somthing like it) is from hermione from the sorcers stone
"I'm going to bed before the two of you get us killed, or worse- explled"
rofl lol i  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:16 am
this is from the first movie where hermione mets harry and ron in their compartment when ron is going to perform a spell to turn his fat rat yellow. and i got everyword so if i think of more i will type them in.

Hermione- have you seen a toad? a boy named Nevil has lost one
Ron- no. *has wand out ready to show magic*
Hermione- oh are you doing magic? let's see then
Ron- sunshine daisy, butter mellow, turn this stupid fat rat yellow! *the spell doesn't do anything*
Hermione- are you sure that is a real spell? well it's not very good is it? *come in and sits down in front of harry* i'v only tried a few simple ones myself but they'be all worked for me. *Points wand at harry* for example "Oculus Reparo"
Harry- *takes of glasses and looks at then, fixed*
Hermione- there that's better isn't it? Holy cricket your Harry Potter. I'm Hermione Granger. *looks to Ron a slight look of dicust on her face* nd you are?
Ron- *mouth full* i'm Ron Weasly
Hermione- Pleasure. you two better change into robes, i expect we'll be arriving soon, *gets up and leaves but stands in the door way and turns to Ron* you've got a bit of dirt on your nose. did you know. *points to the spot where he has the dirt* just there
Ron- *rubs his nose*  

-The_Lone_Wolf_XIII-

Libbililly

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:44 pm
hi  
Favorites

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items