w00t
  GOLD!
View Results

2aetH

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:23 pm
Sneekysnake
Veroneko2
Demi Veritaz
Actually, black and white clothing are about equal with heat and absorption. Black actually ventilates more, and white ventilates very little, however, black absorbs more adiation, so i think they're equal in that respect.

Big words eek
if i could understand this, i'd be freakin smart

Hah. That's what google's for.
From past experience, though, blue's the best color to wear in the summer. Bright blue.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:10 pm
Since I live in Texas, my parents think I'm nuts because I wear black in the summer xd

But I'm really not that hot. *shrug*  

xAsh-chanx

BleachTheirEyes

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:38 pm
Don't really know if someone said this already but a horrible thing about wearing black is when a good friend attacks you with powdered sugar. *shudder* That stuff doesn't come out all day.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:57 pm
Someone accidentally spilled bleach on my brand new black pants near the bottom of the legs, I'm just gonna make a pattern and spray bleach ovre them to make a pattern of flames so you won't notice.

Other than that I wear too much color so I don't really have any of those issues, although I can relate to the summer thing anyways, no matter what I wear it's too hot for me.  

Ndoki

[ Die Katze ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:07 pm
I need to get my mom to get that Woolite stuff for blacks, because most of my black stuff has a habit of fading and that's really annoying.
I also wear colours with black sometimes, so it doesn't really make a difference of whether the black is faded or not.

Man, my kilt is gonna fade like nobody's business, 'cause I'm going to be wearing it a LOT.

Hm, and none of my velvet ever fades. That's odd that yours is...

Hair isin't such of a problem for me because my dog's a darker redhead, so it doesn't show as much. And, you can also just brush it off. I had a lint roller for my JROTC [ yes, I was in that Dx but not anymore, HA ] uniform that I used for inspection.

The summer isin't really so bad, even though I do live in Southern California [ ugh it's brutal sometimes ] but it's horrible with all of the humidity and such around here.

In the summer whenever I'm at home, Im usually wearing pajamas so it really doesn't matter anyway, and I put all my clothes on and stuff before we go out somewhere. My mother wears black a lot too, so it's really funny to see us together :]

Ah yes, and chalk/chalk dust is REALLY hard to get out of black clothes without having to wash it. It's really a pain in the a**.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:12 pm
You know what the worst is on any clothing? Toothpaste. If you get like, a drop on your clothes it seems like just water, and then a half an hour later you have this white mark and if you try to wash it off it seems gone, and then comes back again! rofl  

Ndoki

Elven-Lied-Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:55 pm
I hate bright colors, but that's what my family thinks I should wear. Not that I do.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:30 pm
Veroneko2
I love black clothes. It's pretty much all I own. But it comes with consequences -.- Also I know that not all Goths wear black. (Sorry if this topic has already been posted)

1. Keeping them perfectly black- practically impossible at times. they always end up fading!

2. Having to use a lint roller everyday- I know not everyone does this but I have to flippin' get the lint off of my clothes so they look good, I guess I have some OCD or something...

3. Not common, but getting bleach on them- By accident someone spilled bleach on my favorite black capris and then they had giant red splotches from where they were hit, I was going to cry

4. Having nothing BUT black to wear in the summer...I feel like I;m going to die sometimes, especially since I go to El Salvador (Super close to the equator)

5. Having to go to church...with family...and grandparents...where the priest stares at you like you're the devil himself

These are just some of the problems that I have had with black clothing. Has anyone else had problems?

yer i am always having to buy new clothes because either i get them confiscated or they fade way ter fast.... i don't have a problem with the church thing becuase i don't have to go to church and as for my grandparents - they support me (but my grandmother always says ill burst into flames if i walk across the threshold of a church [LOL] ). i really never had many problems with black clothing, just them fading on me. thats all.  

xdemonicallyxyours13x

100-Percent Queer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:01 pm
Veroneko2
I love black clothes. It's pretty much all I own. But it comes with consequences.

That it does.

The fading is always a problem. I buy sooo much black clothing dye to darken my stuff up again.

Lint, or in my case mostly cat hair, is very problimatic despeding on the type of fabric, and I too go through a lot of lint rollers. wink

I've never had the issue with Bleach thankfully.

As for wearing black in the summer, it must be just me but I've never had an issue with black being more uncomfortable than other colors. Then again I like the heat, so walking through the desert in all black with long sleaves and jeans is something that doesn't bother me any.

Church I have no issue with because there are sadly no churches in my area for my religion. sad  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:06 pm
Ndoki
You know what the worst is on any clothing? Toothpaste. If you get like, a drop on your clothes it seems like just water, and then a half an hour later you have this white mark and if you try to wash it off it seems gone, and then comes back again! rofl

I forgot about that.
My brothers constantly make messes in the bathroom by smearing toothpaste all over the sink. So, if I rub against some by accident it presents a problem.

While I'm thinking of the less obvious problems mashed pataoes can be frusterating to get out of clothes. Or at least that is what I have found.  

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Ndoki

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:30 pm
Never got mashed potatoes on me before that I can recall.

I'm noticing an interesting trend though. Many who hate color and only wear black, also complain of having parents who want them wearing color... from a psychological perspective that's very.... expected.

Also I have never had an issue with faded clothes, but I guess that goes along with wearing more than just strictly black all the time. My favorite pair of pants have faded to a grey color and I still love them.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:04 pm
the only problem with black clothes that i have, is cat hair and dog hair any animal hair really  

xX x0mbie Xx

BluScreen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:37 pm
Demi Veritaz
Actually, black and white clothing are about equal with heat and absorption. Black actually ventilates more, and white ventilates very little, however, black absorbs more adiation, so i think they're equal in that respect.

I would assume how well certain clothing would ventillate would be based more on the type of cloth, rather than the color of it =/
I think black is pretty hot, I'm from the desert and they tell you not to wear black.

For those with fading problems, there's actually packages of this powder stuff you can add to the wash, and it'll make your blacks come out blacker! =)  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:13 pm
1) The. FREAKING. HEAT.
2)Too pricy
3) I can't wear all black all the time; I have this STUPID place that I have to go to, and black and red are "devil colors" or something. I still wear my bracelets, though
4)I haven't gone shopping, so I don't have much; I end up recycling clothes.
5) MY STUPID LITTLE BROTHER HAS A SUPER SOAKER and he tries to douse me with it. it empties the WHOLE tank in 1 blast. And he aims good

But, I have a sexy pair of sunglasses that I wear with my super black outfit.  

Nazo no Kanjojin

CaptainSS

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:08 pm
The only problems I have with my black clothing is the black fading, my dog gets his fur on my cloathing, in the summer it is super hot.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff