Poll Guild of DOOM liek totally doomy and stuff 

Tags: Poll, DOOM, Elephant, Guild, Silly 

Reply Literate Hell
Atheism vs Christianity Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

If you don't feel offended, what are you?
  Atheist
  Christian
  Hindu
  Buddhist
  Other....
View Results

CainZeros

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:27 pm
TenSin
Mr.Ownage
TenSin
Mr.Ownage
TenSin
God is merciful yes, but He doesn't work like that in this day and age. He uses the people who believe in Him to do that, and if they don't then it's thier own fault, not God's. War is stupid mostly. We just kill each other and it doesn't solve anything until it's over. God doesn't wish for wars, the only time He did was in the Old Testament when He led the Israelites into the promised land (please don't turn this conversation into a Jew bashing/political conversation, I hate politics) Disease entered the world with sin, therfore it is man's fault that there is disease. I never said I wasn't prideful did I? I know it's human nature but I'm trying to fight against my human nature to make God happy. That's all.
God may not wish for war but that doesn't change the fact that a lot of wars have been started over differences in religious beliefs. Not to mention all the religious genocide. Everyone thinks their religion is the one that's right. It's little wonder temples were being bombed in the Middle East only a month ago.
That isn't any reason not to believe in God or that He doesn't exist. It just proves that human nature is evil. I've been saying that the whole time, jeez pay attention. And I really hate politics so let's not get into what's going on there please, it's just more human stupidity and sin.
But if religion was good and true we'd all be able to tell which one's right and then we could have avoided all that crap. I'm not trying to change your beliefs, you obviously strongly believe what you believe and I respect you steadfastness. However, until I see some definate proof that can't be attributed to coincidence I'm remaining highly sceptical.
That isn't what Christianity is about. So until you have a change of mind, this is pointless for me to tell you these things.
Well, you'll be waiting awhile then because I'm a stubborn as you.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:57 pm
Mr.Ownage
TenSin
Mr.Ownage
TenSin
Mr.Ownage
TenSin
God is merciful yes, but He doesn't work like that in this day and age. He uses the people who believe in Him to do that, and if they don't then it's thier own fault, not God's. War is stupid mostly. We just kill each other and it doesn't solve anything until it's over. God doesn't wish for wars, the only time He did was in the Old Testament when He led the Israelites into the promised land (please don't turn this conversation into a Jew bashing/political conversation, I hate politics) Disease entered the world with sin, therfore it is man's fault that there is disease. I never said I wasn't prideful did I? I know it's human nature but I'm trying to fight against my human nature to make God happy. That's all.
God may not wish for war but that doesn't change the fact that a lot of wars have been started over differences in religious beliefs. Not to mention all the religious genocide. Everyone thinks their religion is the one that's right. It's little wonder temples were being bombed in the Middle East only a month ago.
That isn't any reason not to believe in God or that He doesn't exist. It just proves that human nature is evil. I've been saying that the whole time, jeez pay attention. And I really hate politics so let's not get into what's going on there please, it's just more human stupidity and sin.
But if religion was good and true we'd all be able to tell which one's right and then we could have avoided all that crap. I'm not trying to change your beliefs, you obviously strongly believe what you believe and I respect you steadfastness. However, until I see some definate proof that can't be attributed to coincidence I'm remaining highly sceptical.
That isn't what Christianity is about. So until you have a change of mind, this is pointless for me to tell you these things.
Well, you'll be waiting awhile then because I'm a stubborn as you.
That's what I mean. xd I'm human too y'know.  

TenSin

Yoru Kurosawa

Man-Hungry Vampire

10,050 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:35 pm
Dear Goddess above... Tensin, you're prideful, and if you are Christain, then you may know that is one of the SEVEN DEADLY SINS. I may not be of the Christain faith, but I'm educated about it at least... And I think it wouldn't hurt you to look at other religions and see how remarkably similar they can be to Christianity, and how different they can be. Main three I'm talking about here are Christianity, Judaism, and Islam. All three have gods, all three have a main historical figure, whether it's Jesus, or Abraham, or Muhamud (forgive me, Muslim people, I don't have his name in front of me... sweatdrop ). They all have their own rules, which are all VERY similar to eachother. Examples, don't kill, be faithful... they're all really similar when you think about it.

They also have their differences, I'll give you that. And you are what I like to call an extremist, who so PROFOUNDLY believes in your religion that you refuse to accept anyone who practices another to try and point out their way of seeing things. To be honest, it scares me to think of what you might become. It's people similar to you, or people more deep in their belief than you, who cause some of the worlds problems.

As for me, I'm of the opinion that they won't interfere, they'll let us work our way for things, yet they will either lend a hand here and there, or send a guardian or something to speak with us. That may be what you're feeling, not God himself, merely a messanger to make sure that you're not doing something stupid. As for why we suffer? Karma has a lot to do with that. We did it to ourselves. We've polluted our planet, killed our own people, and now it's coming back to us in spades. We don't want it to happen? How about we stop it with the evil so it can't come back around and bite us hard...  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:33 pm
Kura Ookami
Dear Goddess above... Tensin, you're prideful, and if you are Christain, then you may know that is one of the SEVEN DEADLY SINS. I may not be of the Christain faith, but I'm educated about it at least... And I think it wouldn't hurt you to look at other religions and see how remarkably similar they can be to Christianity, and how different they can be. Main three I'm talking about here are Christianity, Judaism, and Islam. All three have gods, all three have a main historical figure, whether it's Jesus, or Abraham, or Muhamud (forgive me, Muslim people, I don't have his name in front of me... sweatdrop ). They all have their own rules, which are all VERY similar to eachother. Examples, don't kill, be faithful... they're all really similar when you think about it.

They also have their differences, I'll give you that. And you are what I like to call an extremist, who so PROFOUNDLY believes in your religion that you refuse to accept anyone who practices another to try and point out their way of seeing things. To be honest, it scares me to think of what you might become. It's people similar to you, or people more deep in their belief than you, who cause some of the worlds problems.

As for me, I'm of the opinion that they won't interfere, they'll let us work our way for things, yet they will either lend a hand here and there, or send a guardian or something to speak with us. That may be what you're feeling, not God himself, merely a messanger to make sure that you're not doing something stupid. As for why we suffer? Karma has a lot to do with that. We did it to ourselves. We've polluted our planet, killed our own people, and now it's coming back to us in spades. We don't want it to happen? How about we stop it with the evil so it can't come back around and bite us hard...

I'm prideful because I'm human, you are too. We can't escape our sins as a human so that's why God sent His Son to die on the cross for us so we can be in heaven with Him. So what if it's one of the seven deadly sins? That's catholic extremism. EVERY SINGLE sin is deadly. Not just seven. There are very distinct differences between Christianity and Islam just to let you know. Christianity is about the love of God and His sacrifice so we can go to heaven with and be with Him. I have studied other religions to an extent probably to the same degree that you've studied Christianity. I go to a christian school and part of our Biblical studies is other religions. Sure you could say it's from a biased perspective, but if you think about it, anytime an atheist tells you about Christianity isn't that biased too? And christianity doesn't have rules unless you perceive them to be rules. I perceive them to be guidelines for pleasing God in our life.

Extremist is what YOU call it, but Christians call it sticking to our faith. And why does it scare you that I'm going to be a good, law abiding person? Because my existance will offend you? When has a Christian been a terrorist? When has a Christian tried to kill off an entire race in concentration camps or in a war? NEVER. So why are you so afraid of us?

How can you honestly dictate what I feel? You've probably never felt the same way, so how could you possibly know the difference? If you're so well read in the Bible you would know that God sends His Holy Spirit into everyone who believes in Him. And if you've studied the Bible you should know that God is three in one, The Holy Spirit, God the Father, and Jesus, so sending the Spirit is the same as having God Himslef in us. The Holy Spirit is what convicts us when we are Christians. All non-beleivers have only thier conscience to tell them what is right and wrong, and some people's consciences are very twisted.
We suffer because of sin and demons, we can even suffer sometimes so that God can teach us a lesson we need to learn so that He can bless us later. So you are right, we did do it to ourselves, the world would be perfect if only we didn't sin. So you agree with me on at least one thing. That WE caused the world to become how it is, and we SHOULDN'T blame it on God (although I don't believe in the Karma part).  

TenSin

Yoru Kurosawa

Man-Hungry Vampire

10,050 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:33 am
TenSin
Kura Ookami

I'm prideful because I'm human, you are too. We can't escape our sins as a human so that's why God sent His Son to die on the cross for us so we can be in heaven with Him. So what if it's one of the seven deadly sins? That's catholic extremism. EVERY SINGLE sin is deadly. Not just seven. There are very distinct differences between Christianity and Islam just to let you know. Christianity is about the love of God and His sacrifice so we can go to heaven with and be with Him. I have studied other religions to an extent probably to the same degree that you've studied Christianity. I go to a christian school and part of our Biblical studies is other religions. Sure you could say it's from a biased perspective, but if you think about it, anytime an atheist tells you about Christianity isn't that biased too? And christianity doesn't have rules unless you perceive them to be rules. I perceive them to be guidelines for pleasing God in our life.

Extremist is what YOU call it, but Christians call it sticking to our faith. And why does it scare you that I'm going to be a good, law abiding person? Because my existance will offend you? When has a Christian been a terrorist? When has a Christian tried to kill off an entire race in concentration camps or in a war? NEVER. So why are you so afraid of us?

How can you honestly dictate what I feel? You've probably never felt the same way, so how could you possibly know the difference? If you're so well read in the Bible you would know that God sends His Holy Spirit into everyone who believes in Him. And if you've studied the Bible you should know that God is three in one, The Holy Spirit, God the Father, and Jesus, so sending the Spirit is the same as having God Himslef in us. The Holy Spirit is what convicts us when we are Christians. All non-beleivers have only thier conscience to tell them what is right and wrong, and some people's consciences are very twisted.
We suffer because of sin and demons, we can even suffer sometimes so that God can teach us a lesson we need to learn so that He can bless us later. So you are right, we did do it to ourselves, the world would be perfect if only we didn't sin. So you agree with me on at least one thing. That WE caused the world to become how it is, and we SHOULDN'T blame it on God (although I don't believe in the Karma part).
So you think that humans are naturally evil. I will concede on that point to a degree... humans can be evil, but they can also be good, as well. What they do determines how their life goes. And as for when have christains tried to exterminate an entire race? It may not be an entire race... but there was this little incident known as the Spanish Inquisition, which was pretty much a Convert or Die incident. Though that existed only within Spain, it pretty much was a CHRISTAIN act of hostility towards non-Christains. And there's also the Salem Witch Trials, that was another act of CHRISTAIN hostility towards witches, "Thou shalt not suffer a witch too live." I'm highly thankful that in this day and age, people are far more civilized... but the gods only know what could happen next.

And I would like to point out that if sin is evil, than you are currently being evil. Saying that I'm prideful still doesn't dismiss your pride to God (speaking from a Christain perspective here... I'm not Christain, nor will I ever be.) Therefor, you are sinning and evil as well. So stuff your pride and get rid of the sin, less you be judged.

ANOTHER thing to point out is that according to the bible, Jesus said, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." So you are violating God's son's teachings. You are most certainly not without sin, so don't automatically condemn humans as being evil. You cannot judge.

And as for dictating your feelings. I'm not, I'm pointing out what I see.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:37 am
Kura Ookami
TenSin
Kura Ookami

So you think that humans are naturally evil. I will concede on that point to a degree... humans can be evil, but they can also be good, as well. What they do determines how their life goes. And as for when have christains tried to exterminate an entire race? It may not be an entire race... but there was this little incident known as the Spanish Inquisition, which was pretty much a Convert or Die incident. Though that existed only within Spain, it pretty much was a CHRISTAIN act of hostility towards non-Christains. And there's also the Salem Witch Trials, that was another act of CHRISTAIN hostility towards witches, "Thou shalt not suffer a witch too live." I'm highly thankful that in this day and age, people are far more civilized... but the gods only know what could happen next.

And I would like to point out that if sin is evil, than you are currently being evil. Saying that I'm prideful still doesn't dismiss your pride to God (speaking from a Christain perspective here... I'm not Christain, nor will I ever be.) Therefor, you are sinning and evil as well. So stuff your pride and get rid of the sin, less you be judged.

ANOTHER thing to point out is that according to the bible, Jesus said, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." So you are violating God's son's teachings. You are most certainly not without sin, so don't automatically condemn humans as being evil. You cannot judge.

Finally! Someone a little more educated in this that agrees with me!  

CainZeros

TenSin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:35 pm
Kura Ookami
TenSin
Kura Ookami

The Spanish Inquisition was a terrible thing. It shows just how evil or misled humans can get. They just wanted to convert people but tried to do it in the wrong way, I don't agree with them or anything, they were awful. Salem Witch trials happend because people were stupid and uneducated. Not just Christians did it either y'know. It never says, "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live" in the Bible, so I don't know where you got that from. I'm very glad people are more civilised too, I would be a truly terrible world without civil people. But even with civility there is still chaos. That is because of the sin nature that humans have, because there is always sin, civility is just a mask to hide behind, it only helps to a degree.
Sin is an evil thing yes, I'm being evil, you are being evil, the WORLD is being evil. We can't escape it without God, because we are human. tHat's what I've been saying this whole time. God doesn't judge like He did in the Old Testament anymore because all of His wrath was taken out on Jesus when He was hangin on the cross (but that's getting into really deep theology). It's fine to have pride in God, because he is worthy of it. It's pride in ourselves or what we have done that is really bad.
You aren't taking into context what Jesus was talking about when He said that. He was talking about a believer to a believer. Have I EVER said I was perfect or without sin? NEVER. But my sins are covered by Jesus' blood so that I can go to heaven, that's the only difference between you and me.
How much have you seen anyway? How much have you felt? Then point out that. You can't simply dismiss the fact that millions of people have felt the Holy Spirit working in their hearts and say, "It's probably just a guardian that God sent." Because you have never felt this way, you can't say for sure, that's all I'm saying.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:12 am
TenSin
Kura Ookami
TenSin
Kura Ookami

The Spanish Inquisition was a terrible thing. It shows just how evil or misled humans can get. They just wanted to convert people but tried to do it in the wrong way, I don't agree with them or anything, they were awful. Salem Witch trials happend because people were stupid and uneducated. Not just Christians did it either y'know. It never says, "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live" in the Bible, so I don't know where you got that from. I'm very glad people are more civilised too, I would be a truly terrible world without civil people. But even with civility there is still chaos. That is because of the sin nature that humans have, because there is always sin, civility is just a mask to hide behind, it only helps to a degree.
Sin is an evil thing yes, I'm being evil, you are being evil, the WORLD is being evil. We can't escape it without God, because we are human. tHat's what I've been saying this whole time. God doesn't judge like He did in the Old Testament anymore because all of His wrath was taken out on Jesus when He was hangin on the cross (but that's getting into really deep theology). It's fine to have pride in God, because he is worthy of it. It's pride in ourselves or what we have done that is really bad.
You aren't taking into context what Jesus was talking about when He said that. He was talking about a believer to a believer. Have I EVER said I was perfect or without sin? NEVER. But my sins are covered by Jesus' blood so that I can go to heaven, that's the only difference between you and me.
How much have you seen anyway? How much have you felt? Then point out that. You can't simply dismiss the fact that millions of people have felt the Holy Spirit working in their hearts and say, "It's probably just a guardian that God sent." Because you have never felt this way, you can't say for sure, that's all I'm saying.
Oh, but I HAVE felt that way. We Wiccans have dealings with guardians or other creatures at least once, depending on how active we are. And as for all your sins... last I checked, if people sin enough, then they are sent to hell, as far as Christians go.
And a question about your belief. Because you're Christian... does that make you somehow BETTER than the rest of us? If you do, then someone REALLY needs to slap you around. Being Christian just makes you that: Christian. It doesn't make you better or worse than the rest of us. It's how you FOLLOW your faith that determines what makes you better or worse than people. If "believers" are somehow better than us, then prove it. PROVE that they are better, not in Gods eyes, or any deities eyes, but in the eyes of OTHER HUMANS. They are clearly the ones who will affect how their life goes. After all, divine intervention isn't coming, according to you.

As a note, don't you DARE, or anyone else for that matter, accuse me of Satanism because I am a witch. And as for my quote not being in the bible... Exodus 22:18

Further Sources
Exodus 22:18 & 19 from a few different bibles and translations
Wikipedia, second section, end of second paragraph
Skeptical View of Exodus 22:18

Need I find more?  

Yoru Kurosawa

Man-Hungry Vampire

10,050 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Taka Seiyaryu

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:00 pm
TenSin
Taka Seiyaryu
Angel of Music
Taka Seiyaryu
Used_Bookstore
Just for the record Jesus was real and did walk on this earth. Whether you believe He was a prophet or was the son of God is up to you but there are countless number of records outside of the Bible that say He was real. And just out of curiosity how are you sure there is no God. What kind of proof are you looking for? I'm asking in all seriousness. I'm not asking to get a rile out of you or start an argument; I genially want to know why. And it sounds like to me that you are basing Christianity off of church and church functions. And if you are going to look at the Christian faith don't base it off of church. Base it off of God's word and from your experience with God. There are a lot of hypocrites in the church, and when I say church I mean the entire Christian church not just the Catholic church. sweatdrop I believe personally it's one of the worst things about being a Christian. While I believe church is important to the Christian walk, since it gives you a place to gather information and support from other Christians there is a lot of hypocrisy and it's one of the biggest reasons why most unbelievers don't become a Christian. I hope you are not basing your view of Christianity just because of that. Also it seems that you have dealt with people who were pushy or arrogant as you said. I'm sorry you were treated this way and I personally don't fell its right to push your religion on to someone else. Talking about it is fine but pushing it on to someone is not the right way to go about it. But honestly from what I've gathered from your post; granted I might be wrong since I don't know you, but it sounds like you are the arrogant one. You say there is no God yet you offered no proof to say He isn't real and you seemed to have based your views of Christianity off of a select group of people. Like I said before I'm not saying this to stir up trouble but I'm just expressing my opinion and this is just my response to Taka's post ^_^

I say there is no God because there has been no proof of such a being shown to me. When I was little I too used to pray to this possibly-nonexistant being. Ever since I even started bad things kept happening to me. My mother would abuse me, my grades would suck, and it seemed like no matter what I did I always got yelled at. Even when I stopped praying, the abuse would continue and more abuse was added to it. I almost lost my best friend because of my mother's abuse. I had to take matters into my own hands because this so-called "God" apparently didn't want anything to do with me. burning_eyes And since I declared myself an Atheist, all of these things have stopped. Since then I have been leading a good life with my father. I'm in love with a guy I can trust, and Mother has basically dropped right out of the picture.

Now, whether this proves the existance of God or proves the NON-existance of God, I have yet to decide for myself. In answer to your question "What sort of proof are you looking for", I search for physical evidence, if possible. If this "God" thing is real, he should be able to come before me face-to-face and prove his existance to me. If he can't or won't, then I have every right to believe that he does not exist.

Okay first of all God is a spirt now and he won't be back until the end of the world but he is here now for he is all around us.

I'm really sorry for what happened to you. Thats awful. But you can't blame God. God wasen't the one who abused you. Sometimes when you pray for something the answer doesn't come right away but if you keep having faith God will answer your prayers. Hes answered a lot of mine. I lost a best friend because I was to "good" for her taste. Guess what happened to her? She steals now and shes into some bad stuff.

All I can say is God died for you. There is the bible to prove it. And if your not greatful for that than thats to bad. If your gonna hold a grudge on God for something bad that happened in the past that wasen't even God's fault than thats to bad. I understand it must be harder for you to believe now but talk to your Christian friends, listen to them, open your mind. I'm not gonna try to force my opinion on you but I just feel it's to bad that after what happened to you, you can't be greatful that eventually you did get through it and have been blessed with a lot.

Oh, how convenient. Spirit, eh? Well then the least he could do is show his face to me in a dream or something. If he wants me to believe in him so bad he's got to prove he exists first. The Bible does nothing for him. In my eyes, it's just another work of fiction written ages ago. And, grateful for what? He didn't die. Jesus did, and he was nothing more than a prophet. I do not blame God for what happened to me. All I'm saying is praying to him does nothing for me. He doesn't want anything to do with me, apparently, so he has made no attempt to answer my prayers in any form or way.

Since he was nice enough to answer your prayers: good for you. He likes you. You can go hang out in Heaven and I'll go hang out in Hell and try to become a general like Azazel. 3nodding
How prideful! God shows Himself to you everyday! You just don't know it because you're too busy thinking about what is good for YOU and how YOUR so great that God should have to show himself to you! The Bible is the oldest book of "fiction" that I know that has been read and believed over all this time. Why would something so false and impossible still be around? WAIT A MINUTE? COULD IT BE TRUE? I think it is at least. If you understood the trinity then you would know that Jesus and God are one. Meaning that He died on the cross. So don't claim to know what you talk about when you say that (and don't tell me that I don't know what I'm talking about because I do). God madly wants you to love Him. And you say He doesn't answer your prayers? Well let me ask you then, what have you been praying for? "You ask and do not recieve because you ask amiss." That's straight from the Bible.

Okay, wiseguy, I'll play your little game. Yes, I am prideful. So what? What's so bad about that? What is it that makes pride a deadly sin? Eh? EH?! Also, if you were to experience MY life, you could see why I think he should show himself to me. Since MY life (and that of many, many others) has been nothing but complete dramatic s**t, I have every right to think he's not real. If God wants me to "love" him so much, why does he hate me? He keeps me out of his churches by giving me migraines if I go anywhere NEAR a church, so if I even considered becoming a Christian or something of the sort, he wouldn't let me in anyway!

"You ask and do not recieve because you ask amiss." Oh really? Is asking for my mother to stop hitting and yelling and cussing at me all the time really too much for your "God" to handle? I guess so, because I eventually had to handle that myself! Was asking for my mother's boyfriend to stop sexually assaulting me and my little sister so hard for him? I guess so because, again, I handled it myself and he's going to sit in a jail cell rotting. And I guess asking your "Almighty God" for Matt to choose which girl he wants is too much as well? This is why I do not pray. And as far as you are concerned...well, I'll save that for another encounter.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:37 pm
Kura Ookami
TenSin
Kura Ookami
TenSin
Kura Ookami

Oh, but I HAVE felt that way. We Wiccans have dealings with guardians or other creatures at least once, depending on how active we are. And as for all your sins... last I checked, if people sin enough, then they are sent to hell, as far as Christians go.
And a question about your belief. Because you're Christian... does that make you somehow BETTER than the rest of us? If you do, then someone REALLY needs to slap you around. Being Christian just makes you that: Christian. It doesn't make you better or worse than the rest of us. It's how you FOLLOW your faith that determines what makes you better or worse than people. If "believers" are somehow better than us, then prove it. PROVE that they are better, not in Gods eyes, or any deities eyes, but in the eyes of OTHER HUMANS. They are clearly the ones who will affect how their life goes. After all, divine intervention isn't coming, according to you.

As a note, don't you DARE, or anyone else for that matter, accuse me of Satanism because I am a witch. And as for my quote not being in the bible... Exodus 22:18

Further Sources

Need I find more?

Just to set the record straight, all christians go to heaven. No one who has accepted the Holy Spirit can be sent to Hell. "There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." I've NEVER said I'm better than anyone else. I'm just going to heaven. I made that very clear in my last post. If I sounded like I said I'm better than you I didn't mean it that way at all. As for your reference to the Bible, well you got me there. However it's void to me, since the laws of the Old Testament also died with Christ on the cross. That's very deep theology though that I wouldn't expect you to know, but not because I'm better than you or anything, only because I take a Bible course at school and I learned that this year. About your wiccan guardians, those are usually demons, which, last time I checked, WAS NOT the same thing as the Holy Spirit or God at all. So it's kind of like saying, "I know what it's like to ride a roller coaster because I've ridden a bumper car." It's two completely different things that aren't comparable. (If you are a wiccan why did you call on a goddess when you first talked to me? Just asking)  

TenSin

Yoru Kurosawa

Man-Hungry Vampire

10,050 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:49 pm
TenSin
Kura Ookami
TenSin
Kura Ookami
TenSin
Kura Ookami

Further Sources

Need I find more?

Just to set the record straight, all christians go to heaven. No one who has accepted the Holy Spirit can be sent to Hell. "There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." I've NEVER said I'm better than anyone else. I'm just going to heaven. I made that very clear in my last post. If I sounded like I said I'm better than you I didn't mean it that way at all. As for your reference to the Bible, well you got me there. However it's void to me, since the laws of the Old Testament also died with Christ on the cross. That's very deep theology though that I wouldn't expect you to know, but not because I'm better than you or anything, only because I take a Bible course at school and I learned that this year. About your wiccan guardians, those are usually demons, which, last time I checked, WAS NOT the same thing as the Holy Spirit or God at all. So it's kind of like saying, "I know what it's like to ride a roller coaster because I've ridden a bumper car." It's two completely different things that aren't comparable. (If you are a wiccan why did you call on a goddess when you first talked to me? Just asking)
Wow... you really need to be more educated. We are not satanists, we do not consort with demons on a regular basis. If we are consorting with a demon, it's because we must for a BLACK MAGIC RITUAL(harmful, there are three types: Black, White, and Gray), or we are getting rid of it. As for the goddess I called upon, wiccans have a pantheon. God, Goddess, Hecate... try looking into it, you might find yourself a little more educated about the world around you.
And yes, it is comparable. We have our own guardians, things like spirits. Not visable, but still there. Again, demons aren't guardians, unless you're on the bad side of Wicca.
And this is what I meant about your views of the world. You don't understand what Wiccans truely are, you simply assume that they are evil. Grow up, get educated about the world around you. The world isn't full of Christians, you should know that by now. Time to learn to live with the people around you.

Taka also brought up a very good point... I notice you didn't answer her.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:01 am
God ******** hell, man. Why do you have to come in here and start throwing all of your beleifs up in peoples faces. You are acting like the people who go door to door, and then shove their religion in your face.

To make my point short and simple. ******** all of your religions, I'll stick to my own. I'm a dragon, I follow my own code of life. That doens't include your god, or any other dog, goddess, demon, deity, spirit, or anything else that falls into that catagory besides the one that I look towards to.  

Kaji Aldewolf

The Viscount

Liberal Sex Symbol

5,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:29 am
TenSin
When has a Christian been a terrorist? When has a Christian tried to kill off an entire race in concentration camps or in a war? NEVER. So why are you so afraid of us?

xd TenSin, I would never have thought that you could possibly be so ignorant. Hitler was a devout Christian, and he tried to kill off every single race that was not pure-blooded "Aryan" not to mention anyone who didn't believe exactly the way he did.
TenSin

Just to set the record straight, how in the name of anything Holy do YOU know that all Christians go to Heaven? xD That is the most hilarious thing I've ever heard of! You may think you know just about everything there is to know about everything, but I don't think you've even studied the same religion that you claim to practice. It says many, many, MANY times in the Bible that a Christian can go to hell if they sin against God, regardless of if they believe in Jesus.

For you to say the laws of the Old Testament died with Christ is almost laughable. Plenty of 'laws' or rules or regulations from that text are still mantained in any type of Christian church anywhere you go. Just because you took a "Bible course" at school does not mean that your teachers know what they're talking about. At any rate you need learn to expand your schooling beyond a single Bible class that seems to be quite off.

Wiccan Guardians are not demons. Wicca has nothing do with Christianity and demons and Satanism. The Holy Spirit, Sophia Sapientia, could be said to be connected to the Guardians, simply because in Wiccan thealogy some say that all Gods are one God and all Goddess's are one Goddess, and Sophia the Holy Spirit is also a Goddess in the Gnostic tradition [which is no less valid than any other Christian denomination I might add.]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:23 pm
Okay! Let me just get a few things straight!

Shirokitsune, don't think you know everything about Christianity, how exactly do you know the laws of the old testimony didn't die? Where's your proof for that? If it didn't die then why should the bible have two sections called "Old Testimony" and "New Testimony"? There'd be no point. Part of what testimony kinda means are laws.

Okay, so suppose these were some rules in P-GoD:

1. If you make one grammar, one punctuation, or one spelling mistake, you'll be banned!

2. Only type five words per a post. This is to prevent page stretching.

3. We'll ban you if we think you're a loser.

Everyone was complaining about the rules and the mods finally gave in and changed them, so now the rules are:

1. Please try to be literate or we would have to do some editing. We may have to ban you if we see you're not trying to be literate at all.

2. Do not stretch the page.

3. All are welcome.

So what would you call the rules that once were and the rules that are now? Yep, that's right, the rules that once were are now the "Old Rules" and the rules that are now are the "New Rules."

Here's a little further proof that the Laws of the Old Testimony have died, in the Old Testimony, it has said that if a woman takes in adultry, she should be stoned. In the New Testimony, it says that a group of people brought a woman who commited adultry and asked if they should stone her. Jesus responded by saying that the person who has not sinned shall be the first to throw to throw a stone on her. Everyone left. If the Laws of the Old Testimony didn't die, Jesus probably would have let everyone throw a stone at her, heck, he probably would have been jumpin' up and down going "Oh! Oh! Me! Me! Let me throw the stone first! Me! Me!" But then again, I think that would be going against one of his teachings..

Kuro Ookami, TenSin never called you a Satanist. We all know you're a Wiccan. He was only sharing a bit of his religion just like you were. When you talked about your wiccan guardian, TenSin only said that those guardians tend to be demons, he didn't really explain well enough on why he said that. In our religion, we believe that demons helped non-Christians to create other religions and to help them to believe strongly in their religion, they act as gods, guardians, and etc, so that's why TenSin said that your wiccan guardians are usually demons. Demons try everything they can to push you and everybody else (including Christians) away from our religion and away from God.

About what you said about your views on humans being naturally evil. (Still talking to you, Kuro) I find it rather hypocrtical. You say that humans can be good, yet, you're going on and on trying to point out to TenSin that's he's being prideful, which makes him sinful and evil; and you're saying stuff like about how Christians have done sinful things in the past. It seems like you've proven TenSin's point more than of your own. And to throw in a little extra that you've proven his point, you're being rather prejudice about Christians (You were pointing us out that we have murdered people in the past, like we were the only ones, and like we all did it) and that's rather evil even if you are not Christian, it still is. I do agree with you that humans can be good sometimes, but I do also agree with TenSin that humans are evil. I think that humans tend to have great desires for things, often go in fear, become jealous, or find something rather strange to them that it causes them to sin. Desire for something could cause you to murder, lie, or anything else that'll help them in order to get that thing. Fear can cause you to sin, because.. well.. here's an example... you break your mom's china and you get scared if she finds out, so you lie. Fear can also make you turn away from god, because you're just afraid of him. Jealously and finding something stragne to you can make you prejudice and maybe start rumors, that's the only reason I could think of why people can be prejudice.

I also find it kinda hypocritical when you mentioned something in the bible about Jesus saying "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." Do you really think that the meaning of that the meaning of that story of the woman who commited adultry is that you can only judge if you have not sinned? Have you even read the story? If you haven't, read it here..

http://www.keyway.ca/htm2004/20040811.htm

Okay, so the story is trying to say that everyone sins and they shouldn't be treated differently when they do sin, they should just be forgiven. You cannot judge a person even if you have not sinned! Judging is a sin! I'm rather surprised on how you came up with that idea. The meaning of that story was so obvious! Even if judging isn't a sin and if that was actually the meaning of that story, you can't judge us, because I'm sure you have done something evil, just admit it, you have done some evil things in your life. If you say you haven't, you're just lying to yourself. =P

Also, Taka didn't bring a good point. She answered half her questions! She was able to handle most of her problems herself, so God didn't really need to help her. I'm not sure about what's going with her Matt problem, but maybe Matt doesn't want a girl, I don't know what that situation is about, but God probably wouldn't grant it, because he gives everyone the freedom to do whatever they wants. Making Matt choose a girl doesn't really give him freedom. Also, there's this story told in church about this judge who wouldn't listen to anyone, so this widow came to him and told him her story and he wouldn't listen to her, but she didn't quit and eventually he finally gave in. So, when you pray to God, it might take him a while to listen. Also, I don't think your prayers are answered if you don't believe in God or you're not on God's side... Hmm, there was something else I wanted to say, but I forgot..

Anyways, that's about all I wanted to say. I'm not forcing you to believe in my religion, it would be pointless to. I'm just giving my own opinion in this, that's all. You guys can believe in whatever you want to, I'm not gonna push you out of it..  

priestess1.

The Viscount

Liberal Sex Symbol

5,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:59 pm
priestess1.
Okay! Let me just get a few things straight!

Shirokitsune, don't think you know everything about Christianity, how exactly do you know the laws of the old testimony didn't die? Where's your proof for that? If it didn't die then why should the bible have two sections called "Old Testimony" and "New Testimony"? There'd be no point. Part of what testimony kinda means are laws.

So what would you call the rules that once were and the rules that are now? Yep, that's right, the rules that once were are now the "Old Rules" and the rules that are now are the "New Rules."

Here's a little further proof that the Laws of the Old Testimony have died, in the Old Testimony, it has said that if a woman takes in adultry, she should be stoned. In the New Testimony, it says that a group of people brought a woman who commited adultry and asked if they should stone her. Jesus responded by saying that the person who has not sinned shall be the first to throw to throw a stone on her. Everyone left. If the Laws of the Old Testimony didn't die, Jesus probably would have let everyone throw a stone at her, heck, he probably would have been jumpin' up and down going "Oh! Oh! Me! Me! Let me throw the stone first! Me! Me!" But then again, I think that would be going against one of his teachings..

o_o I never said I knew everything about Christianity. I seriously doubt even the most devout Christian or scholar can claim that amazing feat. I meant that SOME of the Old Testament laws have remained. Not all of them of course! If absolutely none of the laws of the OT were applicable to modern times, they would probably have cast the entire text from the canon years ago, as they did with most of the many Gnostic texts when it was decided they were somehow heretical.

Everyone knows that little story of Jesus and casting the first stone and so forth. But I have read plenty of historical texts that say that up until almost modern times certain people could be stoned to death, especially witches. What I am trying to say is that Christians think they can wipe clean the slate of their bloody history by saying that those are "old laws" and that they don't need to follow them anymore. Which is fine! I should hope they DON'T follow those old laws! At any rate, I'd like to know what random guy decided that God changed His mind about those old laws that He had so vehemently commanded to be obeyed in the OT.

xD It's like .. some priest came by and said .. "Oh! Waitasecond! Err.. I had this vision right? And God said - about all those old laws - well, NEVER MIND!" =DDDDD

it's like wtf? XD Anyway! That was not my main point.

But anyway. I'm of the opinion that humans are neither good or evil. I don't actually think those things exist. Of course there are good things and bad things - but nothing can be so black in white in the world, because there is nothing black or white in nature [I don't mean color here]. How can the world be evil when it was created by God, according to Christianity? You might say that Satan has made it so, but Satan exists [in Christianity at least] only under the rulership of God - i.e, if God didn't want Satan to exist, Satan would not exist and therefore make the world an evil place. Why would a merciful, loving God create a beautiful Earth, then decide that Satan is allowed to go around and tempt and destroy that beautiful world and send those tempted to an eternity of torment and horrific agony? That kind of God sounds more like a demon.

Literate Hell

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff