Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Characters
Why Roy is NOT I repeat NOT!!!! better than Marth!!!!!!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ronin_686

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:23 pm
Sio
Melomaniacal
Sio
Melomaniacal
You don't know who you're talking to. Trust me, I'm an advanced player. I know what I'm talking about.

Shut the ******** up. Seriously, if there's one thing I hate, it's people who think they're god because they can SHFFL and s**t. Anyone can do that. But actually knowing what the ******** they're doing with it is another story.

Being an advanced player is more than knowing the advanced techniques, everyone knows that... and I'm no exception. Listen, don't judge me until you've actually seen me. I've been playing SSBM competitively since launch. Don't disrespect a fellow smasher. I don't disrespect you, so calm the ******** down.

For now you just have to trust me when I say I am an advanced player at, or above, Ronin's level. And I don't understand why thinking that Fox isn't the best makes me a noob. Maybe you all need to accept my opinion. I'm not the only one who thinks Fox isn't the best, you should know that. The tier list isn't a great judge of characters, because it all depends on tournament placings. A player like Ice Climbers won't be top, because there aren't enough Ice Climber players. Fox is a popular character for obvious reasons (he's badass, the Starfox games were awesome), so there are more opportunities for him to place higher.

So yes, Fox does place higher than all other characters. But I don't think that makes the character himself better than all the others... just the players who chose him.

Maybe we don't need to accept your opinion, considering you're just one biased player who thinks he's the s**t. Really, unless you're pro, I don't give a s**t about your opinion. From what I can tell, the only "good Fox" that you've ever played is your friend, and that's obviously not saying much. Watching videos of pro Fox players and actually playing against them are totally different. Don't act like you know jack s**t just because you beat your friend.

And before you start talking more s**t, the tier list isn't completely based on tournament placings. Why the hell would Ice Climbers even be in high tier if it were true?

Actually, the tier list IS completely based on tournament placings... and Ice Climbers are mid tier.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:27 pm
Ronin_686
Actually, the tier list IS completely based on tournament placings... and Ice Climbers are mid tier.

Meant to say high mid tier.

And it's not completely based on tournament placings. Like I said, Ice Climbers wouldn't be anywhere near up there if that were true.  

Sio

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:27 pm
Sio
Melomaniacal
Sio
Melomaniacal
You don't know who you're talking to. Trust me, I'm an advanced player. I know what I'm talking about.

Shut the ******** up. Seriously, if there's one thing I hate, it's people who think they're god because they can SHFFL and s**t. Anyone can do that. But actually knowing what the ******** they're doing with it is another story.

Being an advanced player is more than knowing the advanced techniques, everyone knows that... and I'm no exception. Listen, don't judge me until you've actually seen me. I've been playing SSBM competitively since launch. Don't disrespect a fellow smasher. I don't disrespect you, so calm the ******** down.

For now you just have to trust me when I say I am an advanced player at, or above, Ronin's level. And I don't understand why thinking that Fox isn't the best makes me a noob. Maybe you all need to accept my opinion. I'm not the only one who thinks Fox isn't the best, you should know that. The tier list isn't a great judge of characters, because it all depends on tournament placings. A player like Ice Climbers won't be top, because there aren't enough Ice Climber players. Fox is a popular character for obvious reasons (he's badass, the Starfox games were awesome), so there are more opportunities for him to place higher.

So yes, Fox does place higher than all other characters. But I don't think that makes the character himself better than all the others... just the players who chose him.

Maybe we don't need to accept your opinion, considering you're just one biased player who thinks he's the s**t. Really, unless you're pro, I don't give a s**t about your opinion. From what I can tell, the only "good Fox" that you've ever played is your friend, and that's obviously not saying much. Watching videos of pro Fox players and actually playing against them are totally different. Don't act like you know jack s**t just because you beat your friend.

And before you start talking more s**t, the tier list isn't completely based on tournament placings. Why the hell would Ice Climbers even be in high tier if it were true?

First of all, I never, ever, bragged about my skill level. So don't tell me I'm egotistical. You really need to calm down and learn some respect. And I played Fox's that I don't know, in a school tournament (my school has over 3,500 students; it was a big tournament).
I have no idea where your aggression is coming from, I never disrespected you.

Now, you kind of lost all credibility with that last statement you said. The tier list is based completely off of tournament placements, and Ice Climbers are mid tier.

Oh, and if I were biased I would say something more along the lines of "Fox is not good," instead of "I don't think Fox should be top tier."  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:34 pm
Melomaniacal
Sio
Melomaniacal
Sio
Melomaniacal

First of all, I never, ever, bragged about my skill level. So don't tell me I'm egotistical. You really need to calm down and learn some respect. And I played Fox's that I don't know, in a school tournament (my school has over 3,500 students; it was a big tournament).

Now, you kind of lost all credibility with that last statement you said. The tier list is based completely off of tournament placements, and Ice Climbers are mid tier.

Oh, and if I were biased I would say something more along the lines of "Fox is not good," instead of "I don't think Fox should be top tier."

Yes you did. Read the parts I bolded. So stop being egotistical. And no, I don't need to calm down. You set me off as soon as you acted like you're the s**t just because you decided that you were an "advanced player". No one ******** cares, that isn't something that makes you superior to others, considering there's a shitload of other players who know just as much, if not more than you. And as you've said, you've only played local Fox players. For all you could know, all those Fox players could suck. How would you know what a "good" Fox player is? What, from videos? As I've said, watching and actually playing a good player is completely different.

And I concede that the tier list is based on tournament rankings. However, population of players does not affect the tier list significantly. Fox isn't up there just because he's popular and has more players. From what I understand, each character has specific representatives made up of the top players of that character. Their placings in tournament is what decides the tier list.

And calling the Ice Climbers high tier was a typo. I meant to say "high mid tier". Meaning they're in the upper part of mid tier.  

Sio

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:54 pm
Sio
Melomaniacal
Sio
Melomaniacal
Sio
Melomaniacal

Yes you did. Read the parts I bolded. So stop being egotistical. And no, I don't need to calm down. You set me off as soon as you acted like you're the s**t just because you decided that you were an "advanced player". No one ******** cares, that isn't something that makes you superior to others, considering there's a shitload of other players who know just as much, if not more than you. And as you've said, you've only played local Fox players. For all you could know, all those Fox players could suck. How would you know what a "good" Fox player is? What, from videos? As I've said, watching and actually playing a good player is completely different.

And I concede that the tier list is based on tournament rankings. However, population of players does not affect the tier list significantly. Fox isn't up there just because he's popular and has more players. From what I understand, each character has specific representatives made up of the top players of that character. Their placings in tournament is what decides the tier list.

And calling the Ice Climbers high tier was a typo. I meant to say "high mid tier". Meaning they're in the upper part of mid tier.

Saying I've been playing since launch isn't bragging, it's a fact. I have been playing since launch, so what? I'm sure you have too. And I wouldn't say I'm an advanced player if I wasn't confident in my abilities. Being confident and egotistical are two different things. I have a vast knowledge of SSBM, the techniques, and everything that goes with it. I have mastered the advanced techniques. If that doesn't make you an advanced player, than what does? I wouldn't lie to you, I'm just telling you the facts. I am an advanced player, I'm not the best by any means, but I'm advanced nonetheless. Someone being confident in themselves shouldn't make you angry. You need to learn to control your temper, big time.
I should have gave a little more details on the tournament. The players who joined were not noobs. They were (almost) all very good players, some of which on a professional level.

But at this point, I don't care about what you have to say, or your thoughts/opinions. First of all, you have no respect for fellow smashers. That right there was enough for you to lose my respect. I expected better from you. If every time someone says they're good at something you flip out on them, I feel sorry for you. If I told you I was an amazing bowler, would you start yelling at me and calling me egoistical? I doubt it. Let's apply that to video games. If I say I'm a good SSBM player, you shouldn't break down on me. I know my own skill level, and I'm just being honest, not bragging. Honesty and confidence is far off from lies and ego. I didn't always call myself an advanced player, I started calling myself advanced when I actually became advanced.
Basically all I want you to understand is that I am confident in my skills. And there is nothing wrong with that.

If I were acting the way you're describing (like "the s**t") I would probably sound more like this. "I am God at SSBM. I am unbeatable. I'm better than all of you." But I don't sound like that, do I?

Wouldn't you consider yourself advanced? I'm sure you would, but that doesn't make you egotistical.

Learn some respect.

Oh, and the number of players does effect the tier list in one way. By having more players chose the same character, that's more chances for an amazing player. For example, let's just say that one out of ten players become advanced players. Now let's say that 20 people play as Fox, and 10 people play as Ice Climbers. That means two advanced Fox players and one advanced Ice Climber player. What I'm trying to say is that as more people play one characters, there will be more chances for that character to be higher on the tier list.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:14 pm
Melomaniacal

Even if it's not your intention, you're still coming off as being egotistical. Stop saying retarded crap like "You don't know who you're talking to. Trust me, I'm an advanced player. I know what I'm talking about" and "Maybe you all need to accept my opinion". Maybe you need to take a ******** moment to think about it and realize just how much of a d**k you sound. How long you've played is irrelevant to how much you know about the game. By pointing out that you've played since launch, you're implying that you're ******** amazing at the game just because you've played for so long. And stop saying that you've "mastered the advanced techniques". Unless pulling off some Perfect Control crap, you have no right to say that. Hell, stop calling yourself an "advanced player". Ever hear of something called modesty? I don't describe myself as an "advanced player". I describe myself as a player who uses advanced techniques. It might be verbose, but hell, it sounds a lot less cockier than "advanced player". Being confident is indeed different from being egotistical, but you've crossed that line.

And here's something I want you to understand. There is nothing wrong with being confident in yourself. However, there is definitely something wrong with being too confident.

Quote:
Oh, and the number of players does effect the tier list in one way. By having more players chose the same character, that's more chances for an amazing player. For example, let's just say that one out of ten players become advanced players. Now let's say that 20 people play as Fox, and 10 people play as Ice Climbers. That means two advanced Fox players and one advanced Ice Climber player. What I'm trying to say is that as more people play one characters, there will be more chances for that character to be higher on the tier list.

And then consider how many players there are in the world and realize that it's a very insignificant difference.  

Sio

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:27 am
Sio
Melomaniacal

Even if it's not your intention, you're still coming off as being egotistical. Stop saying retarded crap like "You don't know who you're talking to. Trust me, I'm an advanced player. I know what I'm talking about" and "Maybe you all need to accept my opinion". Maybe you need to take a ******** moment to think about it and realize just how much of a d**k you sound. How long you've played is irrelevant to how much you know about the game. By pointing out that you've played since launch, you're implying that you're ******** amazing at the game just because you've played for so long. And stop saying that you've "mastered the advanced techniques". Unless pulling off some Perfect Control crap, you have no right to say that. Hell, stop calling yourself an "advanced player". Ever hear of something called modesty? I don't describe myself as an "advanced player". I describe myself as a player who uses advanced techniques. It might be verbose, but hell, it sounds a lot less cockier than "advanced player". Being confident is indeed different from being egotistical, but you've crossed that line.

And here's something I want you to understand. There is nothing wrong with being confident in yourself. However, there is definitely something wrong with being too confident.

Quote:

And then consider how many players there are in the world and realize that it's a very insignificant difference.

In order:
I said that because he didn't know who he is talking to, and neither do you. No one here knows me. I don't know you, you don't know me. Please tell me if that's wrong. Opinions should always be accepted, because they're opinions. You may disagree with them, but they should be accepted for what they are: opinions. Nothing more, nothing less. Just opinions.

So your going to accuse me of something based off of your assumption? Because you think that's was I was implying, you're going to get set off on me? That's horrible, you need some patients, and once again some respect.

And I will say I have mastered the advanced techniques, because I have mastered them. It's not bragging or being egotistical, it's being honest, telling the truth, and being confident. I say I have mastered the advanced techniques because I rarely (and I really stress the word "rarely") mess them up. You will almost never see me make a mistake with an advanced technique. That is just the truth. Is it a little egotistical? Maybe, but it's the truth nonetheless. If telling the truth is being egotistical, than yes, I am VERY egotistical. I'm sure you won't believe me, but I really don't care. You can't effect me, or my reputation as a formidable smasher, in real life, so why should I care about what you have to say?

And I gave a smaller number as an example. Of course there are more players in the world, but there are still more Fox players than Ice Climber players, and therefore that statistic reflects the real world.

All you have to say is "oh, you said you're really good at SSBM. You're an a*****e. ******** you." I'm honest about my skill level for one statement, and this is the bullshit I get? I don't know how I'm even supposed to talk about SSBM if this is the kind of s**t I get. I can't believe one little statement ("I'm an advanced player") can set you off like this. You can be a little nicer about it, you know?

Grow up.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:25 pm
Look, I don't mind if you're confident in your skills. Like I said, even if it's not your intention, you're still coming off as an egotistical d**k. Right now, I'm getting the idea that maybe you just don't realize that the way you're wording things is what makes you seem that way. Read over your posts a few times and tell me if it doesn't make you sound cocky.  

Sio

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:24 pm
Sio
Look, I don't mind if you're confident in your skills. Like I said, even if it's not your intention, you're still coming off as an egotistical d**k. Right now, I'm getting the idea that maybe you just don't realize that the way you're wording things is what makes you seem that way. Read over your posts a few times and tell me if it doesn't make you sound cocky.

Okay I'll read mine, but you have to read your posts (especially the initial comments), and ask yourself if you don't sound like a complete a*****e. Just try to put yourself in my position. Try to imagine someone blowing up on you for making one small comment. It's no fun.

Look, I can understand where you're coming from. It may sound slightly cocky, but all I'm doing is being honest with myself and my skills. It did come out sounding slightly cocky, but that's just how I reacted; I felt slightly insulted by Ronin's comment. But either way it doesn't sound that cocky. And you completely overreacted. Even if I was being that cocky, that's no excuse for the way you responded and acted. I just wanted to have a polite discussion about the tier list, and you came in and ruined it. At this point I just want to end this, okay? Let's just agree to disagree. I want to try to get out of this without any hard feelings.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:28 pm
Melomaniacal
Sio

Okay I'll read mine, but you have to read your posts (especially the initial comments), and ask yourself if you don't sound like a complete a*****e. Just try to put yourself in my position. Try to imagine someone blowing up on you for making one small comment. It's no fun.

Look, I can understand where you're coming from. It may sound slightly cocky, but all I'm doing is being honest with myself and my skills. It did come out sounding slightly cocky, but that's just how I reacted; I felt slightly insulted by Ronin's comment. But either way it doesn't sound that cocky. And you completely overreacted. Even if I was being that cocky, that's no excuse for the way you responded and acted. I just wanted to have a polite discussion about the tier list, and you came in and ruined it. At this point I just want to end this, okay? Let's just agree to disagree. I want to try to get out of this without any hard feelings.

Alright, I overreacted. I apologize for that.

But I'd just like to make this clear once and for all. It's good that you're confident in yourself, and no one minds if you think you're being honest about it, but that's something that should be kept to yourself. Sharing that opinion about yourself makes you sound obnoxious. You can't justify something like that by saying that you're being honest. If I had beaten you five matches in a row, hypothetically speaking, it'd probably piss you off if I started gloating about it and tried to justify my gloating by saying "There's nothing wrong with it, it's the truth!"

Anyway, I've said what I've wanted to say. Up to you if you want to think about that or not. So let's just end this now then.  

Sio

Ronin_686

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:58 am
Yeah, please just end this discussion, it has carried on far too long. You both seem like you know your stuff fairly well, just celebrate your common love for smash razz  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:55 pm
Sio
Melomaniacal
Sio

Alright, I overreacted. I apologize for that.

But I'd just like to make this clear once and for all. It's good that you're confident in yourself, and no one minds if you think you're being honest about it, but that's something that should be kept to yourself. Sharing that opinion about yourself makes you sound obnoxious. You can't justify something like that by saying that you're being honest. If I had beaten you five matches in a row, hypothetically speaking, it'd probably piss you off if I started gloating about it and tried to justify my gloating by saying "There's nothing wrong with it, it's the truth!"

Anyway, I've said what I've wanted to say. Up to you if you want to think about that or not. So let's just end this now then.

Point taken.

Ronin_686
Yeah, please just end this discussion, it has carried on far too long. You both seem like you know your stuff fairly well, just celebrate your common love for smash razz

That's all I wanted xp  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

Sio

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:39 am
Melomaniacal
Ronin_686

That's all I wanted xp

SO GUYS, HOW 'BOUT THEM ICE CLIMBERS.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:48 pm
Sio
Melomaniacal
Ronin_686

That's all I wanted xp

Yes, how about them? whee  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

Sio

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:49 pm
Melomaniacal
Sio
Melomaniacal
Ronin_686

That's all I wanted xp

Yes, how about them? whee

I've been wanting to pick them up lately, but I haven't found the motivation to do so. I have trouble playing characters that have unique traits, like Ice Climber's partner, Peach's float-cancels, etc.  
Characters

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff