Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
"You only dress that way for attention." Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Why do you dress this way?
  I love fashion/clothes
  I want to, it's none of your business
  For attention ^o^
  My friends dress this way
  To express my individuality
  Other
View Results

Scathach789

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:43 am
anime_freak777
Also,because she says because that's how "that Satanic freak"(Marliyn Manson)dresses.

Really? And everyone likes my pink Marilyn outfit.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:05 am
Yes, it bothers me. Usually when people ask I tell them it's how I want to dress. Then they keep asking why and I say because it's comfortable and I like to. They ask again and I say it makes me feel like me. Eventually it comes around to it's none of your business why I dress how I want.  

Where Angels Fall

Invisible Citizen

Krys_Night

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:39 am
Most of the people that I work with say this to me when I come in on my off days and I'm dressed the way that I normally do. I dress this way because it makes me feel comfortable, not because I'm trying to make a statement, or get attention. Every once in a while, the attention annoys me, and flipping people off when they yell out of car windows at me has become automatic. Today, I accidentally did it to my Dad. He was cool about it, but still.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:54 am
I dress how I do because I like it, I hate it when people say its for attention. I find it comfortable, plus I love how it looks.

[chai]

frigid gator

lovecats wire

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:55 pm
i feel comfortable, different, and i don't like too much attention. people tend to ignor me a bit (that makes me happy xd )  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:39 am
I HATE when people ask me why I wear black all the time.
I usually say: "The same reason you like wearing color, most likely."
Because, it's true. They like wearing color, I like wearing black. People wear colors that express them, I'd think it wouldn't be so.... mind boggling, haa.

tetrasmaster

Junge Leiche

Desirable Cutesmasher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:14 am
I may not be goth but I love the style of it. It's me. And besides, it's fun to freak out the locals. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:48 am
I am not Goth, nor do I try to be.

If I see something I like, I will buy and wear it. Whether it be a bright neon green top or my favourite vinyl trench coat. I dress in what I feel is weather appropriate, or something conservative for work.

When it comes to my constantly changing hair colours, I change my hair colour because I simply get bored of the colour or style and move on to something else. However I have found the colours that will stay for more than a few months, we'll see though.

As far as how others react to me, I have been this way for so long I don't even notice other peoples reactions unless they are really obvious. I just go about my business and keep to myself. I like to hold doors for people and be as polite as possible because people do not expect it, and if I can make them think "Hey, those weirdo's may not be as bad as the News makes them out to be!" I will be happy...

It is too often that we are judged badly because someone who is considered 'Goth' killed their family and the News over-exagerates(spell?) the story to make us all seem like ticking time bombs ready to go off and kill everyone.

We are human beings to, no matter how much we hate being human. We are decent people. >_>  

VividGreenDawn

Darkphoenix_666

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:02 am
I Normally Dress In Black..Not To Piss People Off...I Like Wearing Black..Tis My Favourite Colour...
Although I Have This sacrilidge Manson Top.

I Have These Amazing Goth Trousers with Chains And Stuff But Im Not Allowed To Wear Them Because My Parents Think Theyre Horrible...

But If I like dressing Like That Then Why Cant't I Wear What I want? Its Stupid!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:33 am
Little Miss Lunacy
I have/had a French teacher who CONSTANTLY said this to me. No matter how I tried to explain to her that that wasn't the case, she would ignore it and convince herself that she knew what she was talking about. She was relentless.

Does it bother you when people say that?
Why do you dress the way you do?

Like I always say people are ignornat and fear change and what they dont understand.. hang in there kiddo xD as long as you are comfortable in how you dress who gives a damn ya know  

XxBloodyXWristxX

Tierra_de_Fuego

Desirable Capitalist

6,150 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:46 am
I think it's simple: we dress to be ourselves, they dress to be eacho other; they're clones, we're original.

I'm not exactly goth (kinda hard in Puerto Rico since it's to damn hot), but I just dress differently, I use vintage clothing ans stuff people wouldn't use normally, I just like to see the beauty in people's differences.

and I hate clones mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:47 am
Darkphoenix_666
I Normally Dress In Black..Not To Piss People Off...I Like Wearing Black..Tis My Favourite Colour...
Although I Have This sacrilidge Manson Top.

I Have These Amazing Goth Trousers with Chains And Stuff But Im Not Allowed To Wear Them Because My Parents Think Theyre Horrible...

But If I like dressing Like That Then Why Cant't I Wear What I want? Its Stupid!

I like wearing red ninja  

Tierra_de_Fuego

Desirable Capitalist

6,150 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Window Shopper 100

one_shadow_of_many

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:41 am
yeah..my parents just cant accept who i am..plain and simple im just a morbid freak!not some wrist slashing whiny emo dumbass!.....they dont get it at all  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:46 pm
Yes and being called satanic was a big one, when can they learn that wicca and satanism is differant  

Hunter of the Dammed

Anonigoth

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:32 am
My favourite tactic in dealing with people like that is agreeing with them, and just being extremely polite. Cutting the conversation off, you know?

So like for example:

Annoying person: "You dress that way just to get attention."
You: "That's right; I'm glad you like it!" (smile, and then continue doing what you were doing. Then just ignore them/walk away if they keep bugging you).  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff