Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Archives - Read old threads here
Kaiba Seto Guild Central ~Edited Aug.15 by Inu~ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

You know the drill.
  What is this drill that you speak of?
View Results

Sketch-Inu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:36 pm

Yeah I know. Guess they just got more creative in the anime when it came to cards.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:01 pm
Hellsing was manga first. The first anime series was created after the second tankoban was released in Japan (hence why it doesn't stick to the plot, there wasn't plot for it to stick to). After the Valentine brothers attack, things go weird, slowly first, but then much faster. Did anyone else notice that Enrico is Italian, makes a big deal out of being from Rome and then his accent in the anime is kind of Austrian?

The best example of anime being better than Manga would probably be Neon Genesis Evangelion. I'm not very far in the series, but a friend of mine explained some of it to me.

The 39 other Clow cards came from marketing.

I'd like to figure out how Vampire Hunter D came along and what events had to transpire with Hellsing to make that happen.  

Fyerluna
Crew

Dapper Explorer

7,300 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Full closet 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Sketch-Inu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:41 pm

Oh I see, well I still loved the show and the japanese version especially. But I want to read the manga now XD

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:45 am
Yeah, I had noticed that. And that would explain the differences.

The Evangelion anime was really good until the last two episodes. I read somewhere they spent so much time promoting the end, they couldn't finish it. The movie is supposedly the real ending they had intended. I haven't been able to read the manga, so I wouldn't be able to compare the two yet.

It's always marketing. ><

Don't know anything about Vampire Hunter D so no comment.  

jagged1
Crew

4,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Voter 100
  • Window Shopper 100

Sketch-Inu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:29 pm

Same here mrgreen But Vampire hunter D seems to be a good series, many I know have liked it. Not as many fans as Inuyasha or anything like that, but a pretty good amount of people.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:53 pm
Yeah, I've heard good things about it, but I haven't had a chance to check it out myself.  

jagged1
Crew

4,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Voter 100
  • Window Shopper 100

Fyerluna
Crew

Dapper Explorer

7,300 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Full closet 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:15 am
I know. I'm in the same boat... almost. I went searching for it you see. Anyway, of course it doesn't have as many fans as Inuyasha... which honestly... I don't like at all... *ducking and covering* Except for Kagome being able to just randomly yell 'SIT!' That spawned a Hellsing gag fiction for me.

I haven't seen the Evangelion movie, but according to my friend it's an hour of lead up and then half an hour of actual new stuff...  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:44 am
*sits there waiting for a topic she knows about*  

Kaiba
Crew

Beloved Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100

jagged1
Crew

4,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Voter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:54 am
I'm lazy so I could go looking for Vampire Hunter D, but I don't feel like it. I'm one of the masses when it comes to being an Inu fan, sorry. ^^;

True, the Evangelion movie does recap a lot, but it's done pretty well. You have to admit, if your were an Eva pilot you'd need time to sift through everything. Once it starts the "end" so to speak it's really very interesting. Poorly translated in English at the end though. Sort of misleading ending line by Asuka.

D-chan, you know you could start another topic or something... We're all talking about five things anyway, one more won't kill us all.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:22 am

Yeah, this an open thing *lays back on couch* Its a hang out, talk about whatever you want. mrgreen

Sketch-Inu
Vice Captain

Fyerluna
Crew

Dapper Explorer

7,300 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Full closet 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:39 pm
Guys! I just found something so nifty it took me three tries at least to get this post right! Nifty!!!!!!!!! I got the first volume of RoD! Joker is Enrico Maxwell's long lost, shorthaired, non-evil English twin! EEEEEEEE!!!! Plus, I got "A little Snow fairy, SUGAR" It's so nifty and cute! *trying to breathe again*  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:19 pm
>_>;; *fans luna and ushers to couch* Sit and breath girl... And Joker's awesome. Creepy sometimes, but awesome. *hugs her own RoD manga*  

jagged1
Crew

4,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Voter 100
  • Window Shopper 100

Sketch-Inu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:09 pm

*gets luna a pillow* yes, relax and breathe mrgreen

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:02 pm
*sits on other couch* Ahh! This is nice!  

Momoko Tama

Bitchboots
Captain

Divine Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:05 pm
*Gets everyone a pack of pocky*  
Archives - Read old threads here

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers