I saw my first goth today XD Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:36 am
i'm saving gold to where something else on this gaia.my avi sucks. well i saw another goth today in lolita style. she was very nice. my little brother was their so i tryed to impress upon him how goths are nice people too. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:54 am
That's one of the most important lessons you can teach your siblings.  

Adrastea Venaris

7,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Hunter 100

misted tears

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:53 am
And not only your siblings.. other people as well.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:04 pm
I don't know about here *only been here a few weeks*, but back at home, there were no goths by my definition.
There was Felicia, who was a huge poser and s**t, and there we're the posers and emos and skaters. and every single one of them liked the exact same things. and thought that wearing black automatically made them goth.

There were no goths because goths do not exsist in the bible belt. Like there are no homosexuals or atheists.

Translation being - it's completely underground. No one likes to see it or talk about it or even acknowledge it exsists. so the parents all suppress their children with all their might and they just turn into emo kids.
With no mind of their own or independence. and no artistic sense whatsoever. and that myth that all goths wear black and worship satan.

People there don't have personalities, therefore there is NO WAY they could ever be considered goth.  

xxxdeletemexxx

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:54 pm
misted tears
And not only your siblings.. other people as well.

for the close-minded it might be a harder lesson to learn...i'm teaching him (my brother, he's 6) respect for everyone...races,sub cultures, people with different political beliefs,sexual orientations, religions, you name it.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:08 pm
I am trying to teach my sisters about it as well. My five year old sister included.  

Adrastea Venaris

7,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:03 am
the only problem is that he is 6. he can't really understand a lot. like "why is racism bad", to be as simple as possible. he says "because everyone is equal" me:"can you explain what you mean by that?" he doesn't even know what being racist IS that well and some things i might have to expose him too aren't ment for 6 year olds to see/know about. i tried to explain why X>10 is the correct algebraic formula for i have more than 10 coins. how will my brother possibly understand what some aspects of goth are and mean. he cant appreciate medieval cathedral architecture because he understands and knows nothing about it, so i have to teach him. he's 6, how much can he understand? i have A LOT to teach him and make him understand... xd to much.....ahhhg.but i must do it anyway.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:17 pm
Like u i'm alone in my tiny, tiny city... it's weird when i go to places like LA and the other big citties around me. It's like "Holy crap! u mean there are more of me?!" it's kind of shocking, and hard not to run up to them and scream i'm not alone or something...  

Hel Daughter of Loki

Alice_K8

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:29 am
Well, I know a few goths where I live, I know a few who don't live near me. But over all there aren't very many. Thats ok tho. I don't much like crowds.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:29 am
I see a few goth's not counting myself. I don't even call myself goth but I got labeled so I accepted it. Even when I dress in Hot pink' tight jeans and flip flops I get called a goth. I live in a city so I see people of all sorts around here. I do love the Emo's, metal heads and punker's they make me laugh.  

Where Angels Fall

Invisible Citizen

lest_redemtion

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:59 pm
there are very few goth where i come from. im known as the biggest goth in my town because i walk around wearing all black, eye liner, and black lipstick. also because im a freak and i hate rednecks.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:38 am
the term in my area would be emo stare  

The Gerard Way Troll

Willie-John[Abomination]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:51 pm
there is alot of goths in my area  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:52 pm
Xidina
the term in my area would be emo stare

are you sayingthat goths in your area are called emos.....eeeeewwww. i hate when people get those two groups mixed up...god i hate that..i'm gonna shut up be fore i go into a huge angerful rant  

Willie-John[Abomination]

jessi exstasi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:48 pm
Meh, in order to find another goth I usually have to travel to another area. As far as in my town goes though there usually aren't too many. However there is still the occasional few.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff