Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Final Fantasy IX
anyone elses fave ff9? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

9 or 7?
9 is brilliant!!!
36%
 36%  [ 17 ]
7 rocked!
26%
 26%  [ 12 ]
I like them both...
36%
 36%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 46

Matsumoto Kei

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:14 am
I absolutely LOVE ff9!!! I've gotta say it's a hard pick, but I def like it better than 7. Not by much, but yeah. I loved it. Omg I loved the battle system, all the characters, and the towns, and the chocobos and the ending was awesome. It's the only FF i've been able to play again.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:33 pm
I think VII and IX had their pros and cons, and even though I like VII better, IX is still one of my favorite games. I mean, I'd guess it's my 2nd favorite, easily. It's a tough choice, that's for sure. ;x  

Sarime

Megami Ryu

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:06 pm
dude! i love ff9! it was the first one i played too! i tried to play 7, but the weird controls and the graphics just sent me to break point and i couldn't handle it anymore, so i just quit for the time being...sorry to say that. i suppose i'll try again later just not now.
anyways, zidane was the best ever! it really sucks that not a lot of people know about him or garnet or freya or amarant or quina or steiner! a lot of people know about vivi, though! that's good i guess...vivi is definately a start! and he is awesome too! especially after he learns all his moves! TIGHT!!!! and garnet's summons are totally awesome! ifrit, shiva, ramuh, bahamut, leviathan, odin (my fav), atomos! those are all i got, i know there are more like the ship and one other i can't remember...(it's sad...) anyways, amarant is cool, too! the dreads are nice and the claws are BALLIN'! zidane has his daggers that kick serious butt and his personality-what can you say about his personality?-it reminds me of one of my close friends...zidane's awesome! steiner turned out not to be such a weiner in the end didn't he? that's a good steiner! he was actually a good bit of help there. quina...wow...what can you say about s/he? funny! very nice bit of comic relief! and afterall, s/he ate monsters! how cool is that!? COOLIO! and the moves that s/he learned came in real handy! freya, now it's her turn! she was the coolest! she had all those magic attacks that sent enemies packin' and then she had her normal attack and then...her jump attack was just plain off the chain! especially when she was in trance! if you didn't think freya kicked butt, i don't know what to tell you...even the bad guys were tight! kuja was a bit eccentric, but overall he was the best! a little feminine too, but that's alrighty!
the storyline is great! they did a great job on it! it's definately different from all the ones they'd done before it in the sense that it reverted back to the renissance style fantasy rather than the new sci-fi sorta stuff. that's what i liked a lot....dragons, castles, tons of open plains, no high-tec stuff to deal with...just plain out ol' fantasy...just brilliant!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:16 pm
Final fantasy was great even though they made thier characters look like lil kids!

but it was an impressive story and a great world to explore =)  

Accounts Servicers

mrbri9htside

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:56 am
I loved IX! It was so much fun. And really interesting characters. Tails, Princess, Assasin, and....QUINA! The thing that ate things. =]  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:06 am
yeah final fantasy 9 was my first too lol never really got into 7 though......the charactors in 9 are just awesome as said QUINA razz  

osiris-1234

Roel22

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:11 am
I like ff9 but i havent beat it yet,......  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:09 pm
FF7 was the first one I played, but FF9, my third, is my most FAVORITE final fantasy ever.  

Beitrix

Dapper Lunatic

7,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Elisabell-angel enraged

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:54 pm
It's my fav FF game!!! Dagger is great.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:33 pm
Of all the final fantasys 9 was the one that took everything and made a game that was the best thing ever..Most people hate it because omg one character ruined it big deal quina was the best character reasons are as follows

1.he/she could learn all the best healing and support skills and becomes the best freaking healer in the game(provided you take the time to get them)

2.quina has a one of a kind personality

3.You dont judge a game by one character that makes you completely retarded..one character doesnt change a game..

Another reason was because the main villain was a girlyman your point is??
Im not gay however his style of fighting was amazing he was closer to destroying the world than sephiroth(keska would own them both because he did destroy the world..final fantasy 6)

7 was good in terms of characters the storyline was gay as hell,and also has a wierd character cait sith...giant cat thing oh god it makes quina feel good about itself...Its graphics sucked they were freaking balls of flesh connected...most of the summons were retarded ifrit was ******** green!!
Then of course its materia system only gave an easy way to make money you shouldnt have to pay to get freaking spells who cares if everyone can summon oh god...they get killed faster with summons....lowers health ever think of that!

Then because the main villain was way over powered sephiroth could have killed everyone alone but nope they made it take forever to do it...the last battle was one skill win boring....9s was like freaking ahhhhh die damnit....

So for you people that think 9 sucks well go play 7 again then tell me if you would rather play 9 or 7 see witch one gets you bored faster...

End of story...good day..the end!!! neutral  

Iron Side

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:53 am
Iron Side
Of all the final fantasys 9 was the one that took everything and made a game that was the best thing ever..Most people hate it because omg one character ruined it big deal quina was the best character reasons are as follows

1.he/she could learn all the best healing and support skills and becomes the best freaking healer in the game(provided you take the time to get them)

2.quina has a one of a kind personality

3.You dont judge a game by one character that makes you completely retarded..one character doesnt change a game..

Another reason was because the main villain was a girlyman your point is??
Im not gay however his style of fighting was amazing he was closer to destroying the world than sephiroth(keska would own them both because he did destroy the world..final fantasy 6)

7 was good in terms of characters the storyline was gay as hell,and also has a wierd character cait sith...giant cat thing oh god it makes quina feel good about itself...Its graphics sucked they were freaking balls of flesh connected...most of the summons were retarded ifrit was ******** green!!
Then of course its materia system only gave an easy way to make money you shouldnt have to pay to get freaking spells who cares if everyone can summon oh god...they get killed faster with summons....lowers health ever think of that!

Then because the main villain was way over powered sephiroth could have killed everyone alone but nope they made it take forever to do it...the last battle was one skill win boring....9s was like freaking ahhhhh die damnit....

So for you people that think 9 sucks well go play 7 again then tell me if you would rather play 9 or 7 see witch one gets you bored faster...

End of story...good day..the end!!! neutral

Ah... Where to start?

First of all, while I agree that Quina was useful, I don't judge characters by gameplay. I love Irvine in VIII, so I use him even though his Limit Break sucks. "One of a kind" doesn't mean "good." But even though I hate Quina, IX is still my favorite, and I love Kuja, so I agree in that.

As for VII, please tell me why you think its storyline is "gay as hell." I'd love to prove you wrong. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

You do understand that Cait Sith was the small black and white cat? And was being remote controlled? It was riding on a Mog, by the way.

Um, of course the graphics suck. The game is more than a decade old. You can't judge it by that.

Were you... Actually making a point about materia? It didn't quite come through.

I love both games. Personally, I like IX better, partly because I played it through first, but objectively, I have to say that VII was a more accomplished game, especially for when it came out.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:35 pm
I think 9 rocked because...:

Moogles were best in this one. ;D
Tetra card game.
Chocobos and music rocked. ;D
Music rocked.
Awesome story.
Loved the characters. ECT.

Theres my reasons. ;D  

The_Car

Maluc_Fieri

8,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:53 am
I could make a detailed list as to the reasons why FFIX isn't as good as VII... but personally I think that both of them could've been much better. Especially IX... I disliked IX. It had soo much potential and it failed in it's execution for so many different reasons. I'd just really like to know when being annoying was something that made a good villain... apparently it was such a wonderfully 'evil' thing that they not only had it in IX but carried to the main villain in X... but anyway. I'm not going to really go into detail but I think VII was much much better than IX, though neither of them are the best in my book.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:48 pm
i liked the battle system and abillity system. I also liked the ending song-Melodies of Life-. And Alexander is my favorite summon ever. The one from 9 is the best though.  

Shinobi-0342

Millenium Alchemist

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 12:23 pm
FF9 is way better,I mean square enix went allout on the graphics and it was the last final fantasy of no voice actors.Who wouldn't like it.  
Final Fantasy IX

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff