Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Words that irritate you when not written right Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Radio Chaos

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:48 pm
I hate when people are trying to type "people' and thy type "ppl." I also hate when people want to say "please" they say "plz"  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:02 pm
I'd have to say small words not being spelled out all of the way. (i.e. - watz up, etc. ) Like it's going to take THAT much time.  

canedra

The One and Only Guardian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:44 pm
( sweatdrop )
*Wrong Use of Words:
accept/except
affect/effect
to/too/two
then/than
passed/past
...and most likely many more. xD

Overuse of the same words! D: (Ex: I....I...I...I...) It drives me bananas! (Although, I do like bananas, they make my mouth itchy. D: )

*Spelling Problems:
interesting
concentrate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:53 pm
There are alot of words that bug me when they are mispelled. My favorite has to be "sux" though. Or any word that uses an "x" instead of "cks".  

Goldfische

hippiepoet1964

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:09 am
On my poetry site, I see all kinds of nasty errors, and I cringe. Granted we all make mistakes but here are a few words that bug me..

allot- no dammit it is "a lot" (I aint got allot of brains) eek

allone- no again, no double "l's" the word for the day is A-L-O-N-E

sumthing scream - hello this is English and not Mathematics it's SOMEthing

My last word is Beautiful...oh my gosh, I so cannot believe people can hack such a beautiful word up.

Just a few words that I think folks by the time their an adult, should know how to spell. wink

Peace  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:35 am
Isle and Aisle get mixed up a lot. And by the way, "alot" is 2 words: a lot.
Isle: a group of islands
Aisle: what the bride walks down
Get it right please biggrin  

saotomi5102

-Aesthetic Bliss

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:32 pm
What really gets on my nerves has got to be when someone insults you on an Online Game, using incorrect Grammar and what-not. [Example: u suk gim me ur gwee ho.] <- I actually encountered this while sitting in the Towns! And you want to know why? Because I refused to sell my Gwee to him. Ugh. Friggen' idiots these days, I swear. D<  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:34 pm
Hmm... tha really is a hard question for me to answer. Well I guess it would be the word "believe."  

`Lenzor

Shelton3369

Friendly Gaian

7,975 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:23 pm
You know some older people, like my parents. They spell the way the words sound as they are spoken. That's how they were taught in school. Way back then, they didnt even have a dictionary to understand words or even know how to spell them right. Does it really matter if some words are mis-spelled wrong?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:45 pm
crying I am sorry, but i am one of those persons. I don't do it on purpose I just forget sometimes. I'm sorry. I'm sorry on behalf of everyone who does it. BUT WE DON'T MEAN TOO!!!!!  

baby_dragonite

Aisah

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:01 pm
I get really agitated when people spell the words "Light" , "Night" and "Cool", "Lite" (Not even on food!) "Nite" and, worst of all, "Kool". That drives me up the roof!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:31 pm
Almost every word with "ie" or "ei" in it is a word that I hate to see misspelled.  

chrystalclear

Meirelle

Shadowy Seeker

16,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:41 pm
aisah
I get really agitated when people spell the words "Light" , "Night" and "Cool", "Lite" (Not even on food!) "Nite" and, worst of all, "Kool". That drives me up the roof!

What about "thru"? That one gets to me, unless, of course, it's a "drive-thru." 'Cause that's, like, the offical name of it, or something.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:49 pm
This might just be a regional thing-- I don't know-- but a lot of people around here misuse the word "ignorant."

Ignorant apparently means "rude." Last time I checked a dictionary, that wasn't one of the definitions.

Thank you very much.  

Meirelle

Shadowy Seeker

16,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Grunny Harvester 150

Shelton3369

Friendly Gaian

7,975 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:33 am
stuntmonkey
I hate it when people do not capitalize the letter "I" Ugh gonk I also hate it when people spell congratulations like "congradulations" It makes me want to kick them between their legs.

Hey, on your Sig you spelled "love" wrong.  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff