Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

IS RED SEXY?
  YES-NO
View Results

zackarith88

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:57 am
well to belunt, lazyness. When Nobuhiro Watasuki wrote the manga he didn't won't to color in the hair or eyes.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:22 pm
Akira_Hoshino
Since Watsuki never mentions it, I assume it's just to make him stand out. That's the advice manga-ka often give, after all. To make their main characters stand out in a see of dark hair and dark eyes, they give them multi-colored hair and eyes. As far as why Watsuki chose red, probably because he liked it. XD

You could also speculate that he picked red to signify how Kenshin's past is bathed in blood, or to represent the passion innate in Kenshin. I have also read a couple fanfics that theorized one of Kenshin's parents was a foreigner. There's a lot you can do with that plotline.

I like to think Kenshin's hair is read because he's special. I mean, his eyes even change color!

Redheads rock!

I like this answer, even though I haven't had time to read most of the answers posted here...

And I agree with him too cuz I love women with red hair. mrgreen  

Kenshin Belmont

Unbeatable Hunter

5,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Generous 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Ravisher Knight

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:21 pm
Yami no Hitokiri
Kenshin is based off Kawakami Gensai, one of the Four Hitokiri of the Bakumatsu no Douran. I read somewhere that Kawakami had reddish highlights in his hair (born with, not dyed). This is probably the basis for Kenshin's hair color.

Actually, in the manga Watsuki has character pages in which he discusses the history and design of different characters. It's true Kenshin is based off Kawakami, but according to Kenshin's page Gensai was "short and skinny, and could be mistaken at first glance for a woman. Contrary to his appearance, though, he was clever and clear-headed despite also being most dreaded among all the hitokiri." Doesn't that sound like Kenshin?

Nobuhiro Watsuki
In terms of graphic design, I had no real motif. The main character of my debut work was a tall, black-haired man in showy armor, so when I set out to design someone completely opposite to him, he ended up coming out like a girl (heh). Not knowing what else to do, I put a cross-shaped scar on the left cheek.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:00 pm
zackarith88
well to belunt, lazyness. When Nobuhiro Watasuki wrote the manga he didn't won't to color in the hair or eyes.
He drew and colored the covers. o.o His hair is red there.  

-part time ninja-

zackarith88

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:44 pm
-part time ninja-
zackarith88
He drew and colored the covers. o.o His hair is red there.

True he drew the covers but some one else colors them, he revils that in the begining of the I think the seventh volume.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:11 pm
I think that since Kenshin is the main character, it makes him different from the others. You know, to set everyone apart. I think that it also makes him more foreign like in the beginning of the story.  

AokoUchiha

file reports

4,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:45 pm
I don't know why but i like his red hair.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:26 am
Akira_Hoshino
Since Watsuki never mentions it, I assume it's just to make him stand out. That's the advice manga-ka often give, after all. To make their main characters stand out in a see of dark hair and dark eyes, they give them multi-colored hair and eyes. As far as why Watsuki chose red, probably because he liked it. XD

You could also speculate that he picked red to signify how Kenshin's past is bathed in blood, or to represent the passion innate in Kenshin. I have also read a couple fanfics that theorized one of Kenshin's parents was a foreigner. There's a lot you can do with that plotline.

I like to think Kenshin's hair is read because he's special. I mean, his eyes even change color!

Redheads rock!

I totally agree with that. But also, because long red hair is SEXY!  

katato2013

3,200 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Flatterer 200

protecterofelements

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:28 am
i don't know but the colour totally works for him  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:27 pm
Agreed! I love women with red hair myself even though I made this character of mine have white hair; and he has such a hair color thanks to one of his ancestors from the Belmont line. 3nodding  

Kenshin Belmont

Unbeatable Hunter

5,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Generous 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Botan16

1,400 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:33 pm
imadoki_idgit
I have to agree...he wouldn't be kenshin without his unique hair and eyes.

I agree. It just wouldnt seem right without his hair and eyes they color they are.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:53 pm
Hehe XD
Kenshin is adorable just the way he is.
Why not make him unique?
Beautiful eyes and long red hair.
It is his trade mark that defines him that way (scar <---big one).
He is genuine that way.
Though your question does bring...many questions.
Most or all Asians have black hair....
In Kenshin's case.....>>
He is just beautiful that way heart
Don't kill any brain cells on that question deary~
Leave it at that 3nodding  

Collinrocks11

~The Rurouni Kenshin Guild~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers