Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Parents and Wicca Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you have this problem?
  Yes
  No
  I used to..
View Results

illusen729

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:03 pm
Stupid hell. They made that all up to try to scare us out of being Wiccan/Pagan! xd

I told my mom a week or two ago. She was actually pretty cool about it. I found out that she's actually more athiest than Christian. She said no sacrificing anything (and I told her that is sooo not part of it) and no candles. So I have to use electric candles with unlit real ones of the right color right in front of it. xp Before I talked to her, I thought she would be the crazy one. Now I'm worried about talking to my dad... xp  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:55 am
my mom is ok with it but my dad thinks it is bad  

darkdagers

Dragonwinged

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:06 am
Since last time , things have actually changed for the better: Suddenly mother doesn't seem to care much about it anymore (thank the gods and goddesses!) And after I... well... on a whim, told my dad about it (and he was very busy at the moment, so he couldn't ask any questions) and then ended that conversation with "I am wiccan, but it's not really something I want to discuss with either you or mom..." things are all right.
I think mom has given up talking with me about it, and dad respected my unwillingness for discussions... I am so relieved about it whee ! But since it happened very suddenly I am still a bit shocked- but in a good way eek whee

So don't give up people! Things can become better, or at least.... those who give you trouble might give up wink  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:41 pm
I first told my mother two or so years ago when I just started getting into it. I suddenly blurted it out while we were at dinner with one of her (many) boyfriends... @___@; She didn't make a big deal out of it then, she asked me about it and wanted to make sure it wasn't Satanism and what-not. He didn't really care either.

I thought everything was okay until she suddenly brought it up, and told me she didn't care what I did, because she wouldn't be the one going to hell... I would be... x___X; And I started crying... and for a while she ignored me but she got even more angry, and I explained to her it hurt that she said that even though I don't believe in hell.

So yeeeah, we sort of stopped talking about it from then on. We talk about religion now and again, she's become more liberal from that time and frankly I don't think she could care less about what religion I choose to be in right now. xD;

So it's alright now! heart

Cicadaz in ur strudelz

Tari_Leralonde

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:54 pm
I told my mom and dad a few weeks ago...my dad was cool with it since he's more of a Gaian than anything. My mom freaked at first because she was raised thinking it was satanism, but her views have changed alot. heart  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:04 pm
DrainedDreams
I've been raised in a christian home and if my mom EVER found out she'd get all preachy. She even told me I'd burn in the fiery pits of hell if I was to turn Wiccan. So...I can't tell them her OR my dad anything. I'd get disowned.

Heh, ya know. I finally came out of the broom closet. And my mom isn't mad at all - I think to myself... SHWEET. But yes, she told me that I'm at the right age to decide my own religion . She doesn't like it but she supports me through it. It's nice though because I have relatives who are Wiccan as well.  

DrainedDreams

Sakugo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:17 pm
I could never tell my grandparents about my getting into Wiccan...
There would be a series of things they would do to me.
1)Scream their brains out at me, and call me 'an ungreatful b***h'
2)Throw every single bible verse they've got at me
3)Never let me go anywhere alone in fear that I'll be practicing a religion behind thier back
4)Drag me to church by force every sunday
5)Take me to see a priest to get an imaginary demon out of me.
6)If none of that works, send me off to live with my dad and 'let it be his problem'

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:55 am
Sakugo, you live with your grandparents? So do I! I've lived with them my entire life though, so they're more like my parents than anything. I told my grandmother, who is athiest, and she just laughed and rolled her eyes, but she didn't tell me I couldn't practice (though she doesn't like me burning incense and candles, because of the small and hazard). We actually had a [retty nice discussion about reincarnation right after I told her.

My friend, whom I practice with from time to time, told her mother after not even practicing for a year. (she's pretty usre it's what she wants) She felt like she was lying to her mother, that's why she told her (same for me) and her mom was fine with it. She a devout Catholic too. She said that it was fine and that she could continue to practice it, but that she still had to go to church as long as she lived in her house. I'm very glad for her, I just wish all parents where that cool about it, though she still hasn't told her father (nor have I told me grandfather, though I'm quite sure he knows, but doesn't seem to care) ^_^  

Dragoness Arleeana

Eloquent Hunter

Sakugo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:53 pm
-Sigh- But alas, my grandparents see my views as insignificant, so long as I'm 'the child'.
If I got into Wiccan, no matter WHAT argument I use against them, they're right I'm wrong no questions asked.
Niether of them have an open mind about anything and if it's not their way, it's wrong. I live in such a bias and enclosed environment I find it hard to study the Wiccan ways, or even practice them without them breathing down my neck and going, "SATAN THIS AND SATAN THAT!"
OMG it's the OLD PEOPLE WHO CRIED SATAN!

You and your friend are so lucky to be living with open-minded gaurdians. T___T

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:56 pm
I have a hedge witch in my family. And my mother supports me((shes the one who lends me her books..she may be neo-pagan shes not very direct when I ask her questions about it..its her choice to stay 'hidden'..)). My dads family is different. I will never come out of the broom closet untill I'm out from under thier roof. Its a grin and bear solution.They would try to burn me..Baptist...*sighs*  

XCAITIEXXStaRXRawR

Spooky McGee

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:12 pm
i cant tell mine until i'm on my own, my sister is a devoted christian n she will go ******** insane.  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:55 pm
im not out of the broom closet yet and in 19  

(((~vampire~naraku~)))

TinkerBell0427

Lonely Lover

7,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:37 pm
some how i managed to luck out. both of my parents (tho raised anglican) have very strong ties to ireland and the spirit/magick worlds. so they have been very supportive of me in my quest.  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:30 pm
My Dad was the one who introduced me to Wicca, because he had a Wiccan girl working with him for a while and she gave him a website and some information which he then passed onto me.

My Mother still thinks that I'm going through a "phase" even though it's been years since I came out of the broom closet. Although, it might have something to do with her parents, strict Irish Catholics, living with us. She's constantly forgetting everything I tell her about my religion, so when she sees me wearing a pentacle she asks me if I'm worshiping Satan.

No, Mom. No evil here.

Not that you're listening.

Angel Waters

Thoths Temple

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 12:24 am
my parents used to hate the idea that i waz a wiccan.. but since my mum did an AS course in Celtic myth, she came to understand me more..  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games