Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Are your Parents and friends okay with you being Gothic? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are they?
  No
  yes
  one not the other
View Results

neverwinter33

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:55 pm
heart Just to be on one line with you, I don't call myself gothic, some ppl do and I'm flatthered cos gothics are cool. But I just think of myself as me.
My parents don't mind, sometimes they even like my clothes, my dad wore a lot of black to when he was still a teen, not gothic like, but a lot of black though. Maybe that's why he likes me wearting black to 3nodding heart  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:17 am
My mom and dad didn't mind my mom actually encouraged it. Their both dead now I stay with my sister. She don't mind my older brother doesn't like it he calls goths freaks he tells me I am sick.  

NyteOwl

The Reused

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:10 am
well my mom used to say how bad it was being goth but then later she said that style was something that wasnt worth fighting over with.... now im kinda confused  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:36 pm
My dad is ok with it as long as it doesn’t stop me from working, which it never has, but my mom gets annoyed when people stare or make rude comments. But seeing as I’m 20 ^_^ doesn’t matter if they like it or not. Most of my friends are goth so haha they don’t mind.  

Lady Detarra

Spooky Ames

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:33 pm
Well, technically I'm not a goth. I don't listen to "goth" music, and I don't wear "gothic" clothing. But, I wear dark colors a lot, and I am interested in gothic stuff, so my dad calls me "goth chick". Other people at school call me a goth sometimes just because I wear a black outfit, or something dumb.

My Dad doesn't mind what I do, he just thinks some of my tastes are weird. On the other hand, my grandma and brother say "don't be a goth, it's bad," or whatever. rolleyes But, I'll do what I want.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:28 am
my dad doesnt mind, whatever i am, that ME and i HAVE to be me.

my mum encourages me, buys me gothic and/or emo things which she knows i'll just love. and most of my mates wear a lot of black and spikes and stuff too, so yeah lol.
and my mum was a goth when she was my age, so shes always saying she'd rather me be the way i am now than be some sort of skanky chavette girl lmao. i love my mum. she rocks.

we went to a gig last night as well. WALL OF DEATH!!! MOSH PIT!! omfg AWESOMENESS. Blackout, 18 visions, you ROCK!!! the lead singer signed my arm lol and wrote 'Elbow' and an arrow showing me where my elbow is! ill never forget it again!!!!  

MoonMaze

slipknot_him_slut

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:45 am
well all my friends are pretty much like me and my parents don't really care i mean my mom used to but now she's uesd to it and goes along with it ....she does joke sometimes but she says as long as i'm happy she's fine with it lol heart  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:09 am
The problem with my parents is that they can't distinguish the line between Goth, Punk, Emo and whatever other oddity there is out there.
They just throw all that stuff into one bag labeled "Not normal Satanic stuff".
But that's because they don't know about this stuff and they are over-protective (even though I'm 21).
I can understand them I guess, seeing that this world is a phucked up place nowadays and with the whole new Emo trend (no offense to anyone), we got depressed, cutting, suicidal, bisexual angsty teenagers that give the Goth scene a bad image.

No offense again, I know some Emo kids that are really kewl, but... most so called Emos are out there just for attention, and all they do is give the Goth scene a bad image, even though they are not related to Goth in any way, but most people are unware of the differences between one and the other.

Then we have the clothes and the music, my parents hate to see me dress in black all the time or with spikes in the head or other weird hairstyles, they always say "as long as you live under our roof, you have to adapt to some rules, once you live on your own, you can do whatever you want with your life" and the popular "we just want the best for you".
They also don't like some of the music I like, specially when it gets a little heavy, but Rammstein and Megaherz is a heavy as it gets, and even though, my mom specially, likes it from time to time, they say that it's not good music (fortunatly I hate more mainstream stuff like Marilyn Manson, Korn, Cradle of Filth).
But sometimes we get into big discussions that last hours and it's quite annoying, but I can see they have the best intentions, so it's ok I guess. Meanwhile, I have to survive it.  

Shade RazorKiss

Shade RazorKiss

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:18 am
Oh, and about my friends...
I guess they are ok with it, I don't really socialize with people of the normal kind anyways, and currently I am quite friendless anyways, so whatever. But I have had a few friends who said that I was "evil" just because of the stupid fact that I have black nails and wear some eyeliner (ok, and the black lipstick that one time).
I completely destroyed the relationship I had with one of my best friends because of this. And that's ok. If she didn't accept the way I was, then she wasn't my friend. Period.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:58 am
My parents are ok with sometimes. My dad calls me Anne Rice disiple and calls my knee high leather boots Anne Rice boots because i have an obsession with vampires. My mom doesn't really say anything about it but she doesn't like when i wear all black (which is very frequent) and both my parents hate spikes. They made me get rid of my spiked collars because they were too kinky but i took the spikes out saved them and hung a small bell form one collar. Cat collars are acceptable but dog are not, go figure right? My parents refuse to buy me tripp pants but i get a pair once a year from gift certificates from my friends and now that i've gotten a job i'll be able to get more and my mom does buy me some cool shirts and corsets. My friends are really cool about my style but they like to copy and that bothers me, atleast they don't copy the kanji i paint on my face it being my trademark, but tight black shirt plus long baggy pants covered with chains did become a slight fad at one point where i switched to skirts and boots.  

MerrickTheDarkOne

[.Zonked.Panda.]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:16 pm
Well my dad dosent care but my mom is not ok with it.Shes alaways trying to get me wear bright colors and jeans even if i say no she still bother me.I hate her.And my friends love me either way.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:27 pm
My dad and step-mom encourage me to be myself but my mom treats me like a circus animal, my older brother thinks I should just drop dead,but that ok, he's always hated me. My little brother and sister admire me and say they want to be goth to which scares my mom since their only 5 and 4.
Most of my friends thinks its alsome that i'm goth and support it, but my closest, Sarah, has a hard time accepting it and tends to get very annoyed. she's been a real b***h latly, but that ok, she'll get over it, once she finishes her mega pms'ing phase.  

Alex_nightmare

Ham-Kun

5,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:02 pm
My parents dont really care at all. I suppose thats why im goth....  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:37 pm
no body in my family know, but my friends do, and they are desperately tring to revert me to chistianity. I don't have, or want a religon. I'm not a follower, I'm not a leader. I might be gothic but in my own way, so I can be an outsider to all.  

Xeryo

Unforgiving Lunatic

GreedsLittleEdo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:07 pm
Yea.. their fine with it..  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items