Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
How many of your friends use good grammar online? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

marshmallew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:46 am
Most of my friends use proper grammar and there's some who don't use proper gramar. It's like a half and half thing.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:29 am
....You were joking right? All of my friends don't really care for grammar.
Yeah, they're illiterate. rolleyes  

Gaaloratan

Luxx Aeternam

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:33 am
Fewer than I would like. On Gaia, most of my friends are literate. But I also spend a lot of time gaming, so on those almost everyone is illiterate.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:53 am
Only the people on my buddy list that are from my school can't spell on the internet. (With a few exceptions.)  

Low Calorie

omgRachie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:10 pm
All of my friends to. It may seem a bit shallow, but I can't talk to people that have to abbreviate every word and pretend like they are texting me or something. I expect people of my age, especially, to use good grammar and write to me with some sense. (By the way, I'm 24!) I even cringe when I see "lol" typed to me.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:11 pm
marshmallew
Most of my friends use proper grammar and there's some who don't use proper gramar. It's like a half and half thing.

I love that Bob Marley quote you've got there. 3nodding  

omgRachie

Mechanized_Demonclaws

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:21 pm
At lease three sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:36 pm
I'm sad to say, i have only one friend who actually types out all of their words and is literate on the computer.  

x_chibi_love_x

-HelloHearts-

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:53 pm
Only two of my friends use good grammar. The other twelve just type as good as they can. Which isn't to bad. I can read it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:35 am
My best friend can be literate when she tries, but she tends to be lazy. Which bugs me because she complains about other people. >_o; We generally use a lot of txt talk and stupid spellings when we're just chatting though, because it mimics how we speak in real life. That's not how either of us usually type though.  

Tiroskan

The Shoe Pile

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:05 pm
Most of my friends do use Internet slang but not to an unbearable point. They still talk better than a lot of other people on the Internet. My siblings speak normally since they write a lot.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:09 pm
My schools principal recently addressed the fact that many students had been talking the way most people do online and by text messaging.  

normtheclone

Yo Samidysam

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:47 pm
Sadly, I have about one or two of my friends who know how to talk and talk without using chatspeak.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:36 pm
To be honest, barely any.

It'd be shocking to recieve a comment or PM that's moderately literate.

O_o

Eoci

Pandiecakes

Timid Healer

14,400 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:48 pm
NONE! D: It's such a shame too, I know they have it in them, they just don't CARE. sweatdrop

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff