Many Paths to Gothdom Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:53 pm
I forget where exactly I got interested in goth, but it led to The Cure's Disintegration album, Joy Division's Unknown Pleasures, and onward.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:05 pm
it started as a feeling for me  

Paul leonin

nikia kitty

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:30 pm
Since I can remember I've usually been an outsider, and I know that it hasn't been the music that defines me as goth. I'll listen to anything from metal to country to classical to rock.

What brought me to goth was most likely art and creating something that is decaying and twisted yet hopefull and beautiful at the same time. I like the ways colour goes together and the different ways you can minuplate someones opinions through apearences and attitudes.

I like to look at life and see all that is beautiful in it. I like how something can be dark and elegant at the same time aswell as knowing that there can be no shadows without the light.

I am who I am. I'll go out and be an idiot with my friends, come home and play with my kittens, and sit in my room and draw untill sunrise comes. If that's not what you precieve to be goth then I pitty you.

(ps, pleas mind the spelling, I've never been really good at that, and this is a lot longer then I thought it would be)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:39 pm
For me it started out as my poetry then moved onto the music i listen to...then from there it went onto my clothes and "lifestyle." Mainly for me it's all just my personality, it started showing around age 15 when i discovered it was ok to be the way i am, that it was ok to be "weird" after that i discovered it was kinda fun and ever since then, i've just been this way. I think i'll probably always act and dress the way i do even when i get old and wrinkly. I'm not going to change just because something is out dated, if i do I'll change because i want to. 3nodding  

Lady Nasia Estelle

Awesome Akwardness

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:43 pm
nikia kitty
Since I can remember I've usually been an outsider, and I know that it hasn't been the music that defines me as goth. I'll listen to anything from metal to country to classical to rock.

What brought me to goth was most likely art and creating something that is decaying and twisted yet hopefull and beautiful at the same time. I like the ways colour goes together and the different ways you can minuplate someones opinions through apearences and attitudes.

I like to look at life and see all that is beautiful in it. I like how something can be dark and elegant at the same time aswell as knowing that there can be no shadows without the light.

I am who I am. I'll go out and be an idiot with my friends, come home and play with my kittens, and sit in my room and draw untill sunrise comes. If that's not what you precieve to be goth then I pitty you.

(ps, pleas mind the spelling, I've never been really good at that, and this is a lot longer then I thought it would be)
You sound like me,Im almost exactly like that  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:03 am
lol I am 25, in high school the only people that would hang out and talk to me where the goths. I was an outsider, a Gamer/punk I already had enough black so I was mistaken for a metal head/goth then. I never got in to the music till I went in to the military. Now I am out and I want to look more goth than ever but not in the summer months unless it is at night.  

Oni-taku

Hunter of the Dammed

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:25 am
lurichan
Alright, this started as a mini rant from the old thread, so I thought it would be good to place here as well. ^_^

lurichan
Everyone has their own way of going about things. Some people like more mainstream music like what is played on most rock stations, others seek out the more subtle variations. There are many different angles to approach it, and many different roads that lead towards the same general path. Some people start with music, others with poetry, and even some start with cloths and find more from there. It doesn't really matter though, because people are still people and whether they fit neatly into a lable or if they are just themselves they are what they are, and if they are happy with that, than why try to make them feel like they don't belong. Some people believe that the soul of the gothic culture is free thinking and not conforming, others think it's a seperate life style all together. Who is to say what is "The right way"? That is just promoting clicks and elitisim.

So the question becomes what has lead each of us to tread the path we do? What roads lead us to this journey? Answer if you so desire.

Simply put, for me it was the fact that It just drew me to it. I loved black since I was as long as I can rember. I have a bit of a temper that few know how to control. Not to mention I seem to agree with the pionts of other goths without even realizing it. I was always a rebel, if I couldnt do it I found a way too. If I was called weak I proved other wise. I have very little fears. Thats just the way I am.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:33 am
Hn.
Most people say the clothes, the cool people in the culture, the fact you can frighten people.
The clothes are lovely, no doubt. Scaring people is fun, believe me.
But, people don't see it the it should be seen.
Nikia put it in a lovely way.
The art of it all is magnificent. You can take something, and destroy it completely, then rebuild it into something hideous. But, it looks beautiful, knowing you your own form of Alchemy. You took a substance, destroyed it, and rebuilt it into something beautiful..
I'm fourteen years old, and a senior in high school.
I was just recently pulled out of public school,a nd I know the feeling of having all eyes on you.
Some frightned, some angry, and some full of hate.
Knowing that I don't give a damn about their logic, and knowing I can laugh and smile while still being the way I am, is how I percieve a Goth.

Draining Deadly Rainbows

Corpse_Bride_131

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:38 pm
themagikat
i knew i was a bit different from most people but i didnt know what "goth" was until later. Then i realized it, with other things.
Ditto - more or less. ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:56 pm
well for me... it just was. i was never popular or liked at all in school. and i just started to dress as i wanted and ended up with the entire high school terrified of me. i just hated people and i rather them leave me alone. i was what they would have called a renaissance goth and i was totally consumed by my books and my various types of music. i dint wear the chains often it was all very fluid and tight respectively. the anger at the world is what started me  

sgfdgdhfghouppp

Oni-taku

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:58 pm
I love goths because at least they are true to who they are, not like most of the common persons today  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:38 am
One Love-One Hate
to be honest, it was music. i guess i always had gothic feelings, but the music helped me express it ^_^

same here  

Devils_lilboy

Chansung

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:20 pm
I think it's because I never out grew that phase where the best thing in the world is dressing up and playing pretend. lol that's pretty much my reasoning behind everything that I do  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:57 pm
I've always been a fairly dark child, and i always loved the poetry, plus my aunt kind of encouraged it...though indirectly. Then after she died I got a little darker, from there, i got deeper into it. I went from baby bat to what i'd call a romatic goth.

really, i wouldnt have it any other way either, because I'd hate to be someone ignorant and mundane.  

wickerseer

dante_reincarnation15

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:53 am
i agree with what he said  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items