Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
I hate "t3h" and "teh" Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Raimyah

Girl-Crazy Sex Symbol

9,975 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:24 am
What drives me completely insane are people who spell "what" like this: wat

Its all over the place and impossible to escape.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:03 am
I had an ex boyfriend, who, when ever he talked, would type something as follows: "I h4t3 teh monk3y"
I hate that. A. He wouldn't spell right, nor use capitalization, and he also wouldn't stop using the damn numbers as vowels. So!!!! I dumped him and told him off about my many headaches at looking at his typing, and that would be why I didn't talk to him and I would just delete his private messeges, and stuff. He said he was sorry, and after correcting with red colouring, and bold print, and italics, We parted for a bit. When he came back, he was all like he missed me, and that he fixed everything so he typed as good as me, but after a few posts, I had to stop and ask him, "What did you fix?" And so I got really mad, and so did he..We don't talk much anymore... I also hate in Role Plays, people use ** for actions, and do not use "" for words. nor!!! Do they use '' for thoughts..It drives me nuts!!!

-Please excuse any spelling mistakes-
-for me, Color is spelled Colour-
-My name is Monica Patience Verindzes-
-And I'm peer French-

Narea k.p ~!~Wink~!~

Loyal Rabbit

1,700 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Member 100

Stimulating

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:06 am
Sometimes I use illiteracy when I'm joking around.
Like, instead of saying "face" I'd say "faice".
But purposly, I'm no grammar nazi.
Of course, it would be nice if people said "you" instead of "u".
Like really, how long does to take you to click two extra keys!?
D;<

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:09 am
Narea k.p ~!~Wink~!~
I had an ex boyfriend, who, when ever he talked, would type something as follows: "I h4t3 teh monk3y"
I hate that. A. He wouldn't spell right, nor use capitalization, and he also wouldn't stop using the damn numbers as vowels. So!!!! I dumped him and told him off about my many headaches at looking at his typing, and that would be why I didn't talk to him and I would just delete his private messeges, and stuff. He said he was sorry, and after correcting with red colouring, and bold print, and italics, We parted for a bit. When he came back, he was all like he missed me, and that he fixed everything so he typed as good as me, but after a few posts, I had to stop and ask him, "What did you fix?" And so I got really mad, and so did he..We don't talk much anymore... I also hate in Role Plays, people use ** for actions, and do not use "" for words. nor!!! Do they use '' for thoughts..It drives me nuts!!!

-Please excuse any spelling mistakes-
-for me, Color is spelled Colour-
-My name is Monica Patience Verindzes-
-And I'm peer French-

For someone who speaks french,
You have better english than I do.
And I have been speaking that language all my life.
;P

Stimulating

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:40 am
'Teh,' 'lol,' 'j00,' 'pwn'.... those are all okay with me. 'U,' 'r,' 'y,' 'wut'... those are not.

Honestly, the leetspeak words and abbreviations are normally used in sarcasm, at least among the people I know. I understand getting annoyed about words like those in my second group above, but beating people and dumping significant others over use of words like 'teh' is a bit extreme, don't you think?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:45 am
I play around with the word a lot.. but I hate "u" "r" "y" "cuz" "wut" "wen" and lots of other ones. The people I used to hang out with would find an abbreviation for almost EVERY word in the sentence they were typing. gonk  

Sighren

Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces