Starlock
Rioto_Kish
I actually sat down yesterday and went through each sabbat and equinox and thought of ways that I could celebrate each one via non-magical means. It was really good, because I came up with at least two things for each day, and it proved that I can celebrate each one without practicing magic. Most of the ideas involved wearing the associated colours and eating certain foods, and for some days (such as Yule) I'm going to donate to a charity as a form of gift.

I love the idea of having leaves in the house, Starlock! It sounds very nice. Do you place them in a specific place or do you just scatter them everywhere?

That's all it takes sometimes... just sit down and brainstorm. You can get ideas from books and stuff too, not just ones in the New Age section. Some of the better inspiration might come from books on holidays in general (I forget the dewey call numbers for that off the top of my head).

Usually I put leaves where I can. When I was still in college, I pressed the leaves while they dried and then pinned them up high on the wall so it had the feel of wallpaper triming. Every fall I'll collect fall leaves I think are beautiful, press them so they don't curl up when they're drying, and decorate with them. I collect throughout the fall and almost never take a leaf from a branch; I wait until the Tree has given it freely. Once fall is done I cast them back outside. I prefer this to, say, buying those silk fall foliage things in craft stores; it's more eco-friendly and it makes it more of a ritual if I have to gather new leaves every year. whee

I didn't think of looking in books for ideas-thank you Starlock!

I agree with you about real leaves being better than fake ones. Your house must look beautiful when all the leaves are pinned up on the wall.